Intrepid [Psychological][Fantasy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Genesis
Regular
Completed: Intrepid
Deviantart: Genn-esis

Intrepid [Psychological][Fantasy]

#1 Post by Genesis »

intrepid : fearless and adventurous (often used for rhetorical or humorous effect)

A renowned story regarding the virtuous sorcerers is as such:
"It is now year 3050, a millennium since the powerless humans were vanquished by our new leaders, the sorcerers. Thanks to our admirable heroes, magic is no longer seen as atypical and technology has advanced to an unparalleled level that had never been witnessed before in the human era. Yet—despite all their achievements—the sorcerers have continued to remain humble and have never slackened off from their duties. They are indeed magnificent and respectable leaders and we will never witness such noble creatures like the sorcerers for centuries that will come." - Anonymous

When had it all started? Well, let us rewind.
Perhaps it began from the current figures of power that are the sorcerers.
Perhaps it began from the founders of today's world, humans.
Perhaps it began from the terrifying word that is 'power'.
Well, guess what's funny? I have no idea what 'it' refers to at the first place.
Still, I wonder when it had all started.

A cave lives a giant—isolated and cold. For all her life, she has deeply resented the almighty sorcerers, for she believes that they are the perpetrators to the giants' alienation.

However, in the one-hundredth year she has spent in the cave, she meets a frustratingly cheeky imp—whom she secretly calls Pest—as well as a creature she would have never imagined encountering before.

She thinks of herself as knowledgeable. She believes so. Yet, she soon realises that even the most sagacious creature can be blind towards certain aspects of a story.

Story. Sprites, GUI & Coding: Genesis
Backgrounds: Artist is unknown, but background was commissioned by Matthew Hutchins (ulfus) and hq2x was applied by Alte, DoGa, Uncle Mugen
Music: The Kyoto Connection, syncopika from LSF
Sound effects: Rental Sound, freesfx, soundbible
Tilda and Mireille's sound effects: Vanille Velasquez / xKairi from LSF
Rocky's sound effect: soundbible
Engine used: Ren'Py
Special thanks to:
raven.baskerville for editing and providing me extremely useful suggestions!
K_Tate for editing and giving me constructive feedback!
All those in LS Forums who have provided useful information regarding coding!

DL LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/?7e3j77nii66hd45

Hello, all! It's been quite a long time, but I'm glad that I am finally able to release this VN :) This is my first VN (made using Ren'Py), and it has been a fulfilling journey. I do have some ideas regarding a potential sequel. However, it is very likely that I won't get back to this VN again. Still, I'll appreciate any constructive feedback so that I can improve in my next works. Thank you! :)
Attachments
Intrepid-1.0-all.zip
(38.72 MiB) Downloaded 98 times
bg.jpg
bg.jpg (42.14 KiB) Viewed 2995 times

raven.baskerville
Projects: H.I.DEPARTMENT, Seven Days, Black&White
Organization: Pulse studios
IRC Nick: Rav
Deviantart: ravenbaskerville

Re: Intrepid [Psychological][Fantasy]

#2 Post by raven.baskerville »

Niceeeee
The music definitely adds to it! Oh god, the
Fate's Prank ending totally got me all depressed ;_;
Nicely done! Just a point : Tilda's sprite, her left hand seems to be, 'pressed' into her back with her fingers sticking out, I think if this art detail is done, the other aspects of the game is pretty cool.
GG!
Check my website out 6w6
http://www.pulse.vnovel.com
Cookies are awesome
#I'mlame

Genesis
Regular
Completed: Intrepid
Deviantart: Genn-esis

Re: Intrepid [Psychological][Fantasy]

#3 Post by Genesis »

raven.baskerville wrote:Niceeeee
The music definitely adds to it! Oh god, the
Fate's Prank ending totally got me all depressed ;_;
Nicely done! Just a point : Tilda's sprite, her left hand seems to be, 'pressed' into her back with her fingers sticking out, I think if this art detail is done, the other aspects of the game is pretty cool.
GG!
I personally love the music too and am really glad that such good music is available in the Creative Commons section. Now that you've pointed that out, the left arm does seem a little off ^^'' Oh well, that's something for me to take note when I'm doing the art again in future. Thanks for the feedback! :)