Curse of Dogs: Disco Party~

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ChillTaco
Regular

Curse of Dogs: Disco Party~

#1 Post by ChillTaco »

I cancelled my version due to massive data loss (may continue it years from now, idk) But badger continued on with a less serious more random telling of the original story (Speedo's included), all credit for the writing, programming, and some of the art belongs to badger.

Love it or hate it, this is 4 you people out der.

http://qualifiedbadger.itch.io/curse-of ... isco-party

qualifiedbadger

Re: Curse of Dogs: Disco Party~

#2 Post by qualifiedbadger »

(ChillTaco?! You totally forgot to explain what the game's about?! *Runs ChillTaco over with a disco ball*)

Ladies and gentlemen, we are proud to present to you...

CURSE OF DOGS: DISCO PARTY!!
Story - You are the incarnation of Disco Soul, there was a dance tournament in an arcade and you came to bust out your moves and spread that fever. But you got a lil' to hype in your dance and crashed into an old arcade machine. When you wake you find yourself in clothes that don't fit your disco groove. Dancing your way to an ancient building near by you find an ancient sword. Pulling it out felt sexy so you kept it with you. This is the start of many ridiculous events that are soon to occur as you confuse the NPC's of the world and end evil with your funk.

Award winning-writing, I know

Here are the characters:

Disco Soul - The reincarnated 'Soul of Disco', he just likes chillin' and stuff! Woah yeah!!

Slade - The Black Knight, and the most Evil of all Evil people in all the Evil Worlds (And the not-so-Evil worlds with Evil people in them)

Magician Andre - Andre is Slade's assistant, and calls himself "The most merciless magician in the world". However, no-one has ever actually seen him perform any magic.

Cerberus - Oh this is typical! I'm finally starring in a big-name Visual Novel production, and I don't even get to speak any lines in it! I just make growling noises and so forth! I'm an actor fluent in 7 languages and 19 dialects! This is just typical stereotype-casting! I'm speaking to my agent!

Larry the Lizard - A rapping snake that challenges Disco Soul to rap battles at inopportune times.

Features:
[*]Lots of Comedy!
[*]About 40-45 minutes of playtime!
[*]Awesome disco music by Róng Direction and Paradigm_shifty/sleepyagents!
[*]A dancing bear sprite by terrytheplatypus!
ImageImageImage

As ChillTaco said, this has had a pretty tough development, but we're really proud to be able to release it today! If you play it and it makes you laugh, that'll make us really happy!

If you have any comments feel free to put them below! And if you have any questions on how Disco Soul can be so awesome all the time, we're sure we'll be able to get an answer for you.

In particular:
Did it make you laugh?
What did you think of the rap battles?
How awesome is Disco Soul on a scale of 1-10?

paradigmshifty
Regular
Completed: New Pisces, For Ambergris, Void Id, Connection Pools, Apartment Complex, LIFEPLUS+ and more
Deviantart: paradigmshifty
Soundcloud: sleepyagents
itch: sleepyagents

#3 Post by paradigmshifty »

The Sprites and CGs look great! And there were quite a few moments that made me laugh!

Slade and Andre had the best scenes in my opinion.
Whenever they were on screen it was gold! 8D

I think I would've enjoyed the background music more if I hadn't heard it on loop for days during it's creation! (get up get up get up get up get up get up.... please no more get ups!!)

I won't mention the rap battles.
current project - Departure Lounge
past projects at sleepyagents.itch.io <3 website/blog at http://www.sleepyagents.co.uk <3 collabs etc. listed at projects.sleepyagents.co.uk/all/ <3
Honest Critique

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#4 Post by Godline »

You had me at Larry the Lizard's rap battle.
Seriously. I'm so glad you made it.

qualifiedbadger

#5 Post by qualifiedbadger »

paradigmshifty wrote:The Sprites and CGs look great! And there were quite a few moments that made me laugh!

Slade and Andre had the best scenes in my opinion.
Whenever they were on screen it was gold! 8D

I think I would've enjoyed the background music more if I hadn't heard it on loop for days during it's creation! (get up get up get up get up get up get up.... please no more get ups!!)

I won't mention the rap battles.
Hehe, thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. And thanks for helping make the music, it's really ace! :P
Godline wrote:
You had me at Larry the Lizard's rap battle.
Seriously. I'm so glad you made it.
Thanks Godline! :mrgreen: I'm glad people are enjoying the rap battles. I wasn't sure what people would think of them, we just thought it would be funny to have a rap battle in the middle of a VN. :lol: We actually wanted a complex system where you got bonus points for rhymes and so forth, but it ended up being too complex so we just made it really simple!

DarkChibiShadow
Regular
Completed: Tomai (BxB), Disaster Log C (GxG), One-Eyed Lee P.1 (Point-and-click)
Projects: Solanaceae: After All
Tumblr: dcsart
Deviantart: DarkChibiShadow
itch: darkchibishadow

#6 Post by DarkChibiShadow »

I love this game...I left a comment on Itch.io too but I had to leave one here as well because I just...I love this game.

qualifiedbadger

#7 Post by qualifiedbadger »

DarkChibiShadow wrote:I love this game...I left a comment on Itch.io too but I had to leave one here as well because I just...I love this game.

Haha, thanks a lot! I just saw your comment on itch.io, hehe! Glad you enjoyed it! I'm still really proud of working on it, even after releasing 5 games since! Although I'd probably do a lot differently if I worked on it again.

Oh, if anyone is reading this, we also made an Android version you can play here: Android version!

It's the same game but... on Android... I guess :o