Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Comedy] - FULL VER!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Comedy] - FULL VER!

#1 Post by SweetChiel »

Genre: Otome Fantasy, Adventure, Romance, Comedy
WARNINGS: swearing, blood, death, and a little psychological
Synopsis:

Long ago, when the world was still young and humans have just learned how to write,
Legends of mythical beings traveled over the continents.

Mysteries about the existence of Dragons, Griffins, Unicorns, and many other myths were told in folklores and heritages.

Some even has human characteristics such as Centaurs, Lamias, Anubis, and Kinara Kinari.

But there was one legend.
Lost and much of it is forgotten.
For none now lived to remember it.

A legend about humans with wings and humans with skin tougher than steel.
How they prospered and how they vanished without a trace.

This is a story about...

Birth,
Death,
Peace,
War,
And Love

How it all began from the gift of Blue Crystal
Both a blessing and a curse from the Goddess.

And now,

The Legend shall be unfolded by a human girl.
Title Screen :
Background, GUI, & InGame Sample
Characters:
Notes:
After almost 2 years, this visual novel is finally DONE! *sobs* I'm happy to present this baby to all of you -especially those in lemmasoft or facebook page who have supported me from beginning until now :') I won't have the patience and motivation to finish this without you!

It may be still far from perfect, but I did my best polishing this baby so please enjoy it! :'3

Tips:
​- This game crashes a lot, so save often! ><
- if you can't open the game, update your directX!
- this VN can be confusing so I gave you a walkthrough in the .rar in case you got stuck ;)
- according to beta testers the arrangement of routes for better experience is Mitra -> Rama -> Reksa this is optional tho xD
- From the comments, I notice a new bug in novelty. If you skip with space or by pressing ctrl, there's a chance that you might skip the choices, so I think it would be better to click with mouse when you're close to the choices part

Game Features:
- 3 love interests
- 6 endings
- 20+ CGs
- Auto save, toggle, mini encyclopedia
- Unfortunately, Nusantara won't have any mini games due to my lack of understanding in programming.
Download FULL VERSION 1.4 :
Now, this VN is a free-ware, but I do appreciate some donation since I want to buy a new visual-novel software (TyranoBuilder) since there are still so many bugs in Novelty :(
Not to mention the crashes and it can only be played in windows.
It's really a shame, but the crash is really annoying and torturing my laptop!
Via itch.io
Minimum requirements

Windows XP/Vista/7
Graphics hardware that supports DirectX 9.0c.

Questions For You:
There are also some question I'd like you to answer after playing this to improve my skills:

1. Which bachelor you like the most? and why?
2. What makes you consider to play this game?
3. Overall, what do you think about this visual novel? and what element stands out the most? (art? story? character?)
4. Do you have any question or constructive critiques? I will read all the comments and reply to them like I do in Lemmasoft.
5. Last but not least, if I make another visual novel, will you consider buying it? via patreon or kickstarter that is (since I need to eat, electricity, and such things when I make VNs xD)

It's optional to answer those questions btw :'3
Now without further ado, ENJOY!
Last edited by SweetChiel on Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:12 am, edited 9 times in total.

Reiyane

Re: Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Comedy] - FULL VER!

#2 Post by Reiyane »

OMG, I love you girl! *hugs you to death* Downloading it now, will answer questions later :D *feels giddy like a school girl*

Kikaharu
Regular

#3 Post by Kikaharu »

YAY full version hopefully this will cheer me up

Reiyane

#4 Post by Reiyane »

There is a problem, Chiel - the game crashes at Month 5: Week 1, when Tamara and Mitra are in the burnt out forest. I tried to run the game many times, with admin rights turned on or even after rebooting my PC, but it always crashes at that certain spot and I can't go further T.T

Arkhane
Regular

#5 Post by Arkhane »

*Runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn and Glomp Chiel*

Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! Finnaly!
Thank you :3

Bouki
Regular

#6 Post by Bouki »

Yaaay for the final version! I'm so happy :D You released the demo in a hard time for me, and now the full game too. You somehow manage to always find my after break-up, heartbroken moments for games... *sniff sniff*
Downloaded the game (had to spend 3 hours for it tho, but worth it), now playing. Will write reiews later :) But in the first place, thank you very much for your hard work. Hope you have a nice day and nice rest!

asakura9
Projects: Still secret.

#7 Post by asakura9 »

Reiyane wrote:There is a problem, Chiel - the game crashes at Month 5: Week 1, when Tamara and Mitra are in the burnt out forest. I tried to run the game many times, with admin rights turned on or even after rebooting my PC, but it always crashes at that certain spot and I can't go further T.T
Same problem for me... It came in a very bad timing >.>
Anyway thank you for this game ! I was waiting for this and so far it is really good !
Sorry for my bad english.

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#8 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Yay. It's out!
Congratulations.

tomonkazu
itch: rffknght

#9 Post by tomonkazu »

congrats for the release///////// *gives you pat on the back*

will give a proper review and some of my thoughts after I finish downloaded it

Bouki
Regular

#10 Post by Bouki »

Played for minimum 6 hours straight while sick, stayed up until 5 a.m., had my roommate say ''just go to sleep already, what's your problem?'', only to get the bad end. Oh Goddess Fate, what have I done to deserve this? :(
It was fun to play, and while it has some things to polish, it's certainly a very good work for first. Congratulations on the release :)
It's just that I don't get where I went wrong, I realized I'd get the bad end once I got the last choice but still don't get what I should do different. Also, game seemed to have some issues as even if I pursued Reksa like a psycho, it suddenly took me to Rama's house when we didn't talk after our first encounter, and other characters acted like we spent time with Rama. Or is it intentional? Maybe it's because you shouldn't just focus on your romance interest but spend time with others too? I was confused because I couldn't make out if it was the natural flow of the story or a bug. Hope you can enlighten me on this ^^
And... Does Rama die in every route other than his? Rama got me annoyed at times, but still his death made me very sad, I couldn't continue without occasionally thinking of him.
I'll keep playing tomorrow too see some other routes, and hopefully get Reksa's good ending (cause the bad end really hit me like a chair-shaped-brick-wall in the face) That's it I have as a first impression, I guess I need to play more and get ahold of the story before I can make a decent comment :)

Sora-Kuroi
Regular

#11 Post by Sora-Kuroi »

Wonderful game! I love it! Thanks for taking the time for doing it!

Just a thing, On Reksa's route when it comes the time for the decision if to stay or go back it will crash everytime I choose an option orz. Is there a way to solve it? I really want to get an ending :'D ♥

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

Problems?

#12 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi guys!
Due to internet problems I can't reply to each comment yet >< but I have a few tips for those who has experienced crashes (Asakura & Reiyane):
- Update your DirectX to version 9.0 or more. If you're already updated, re-install your DirectX.
- Don't open it in fullscreen mode, but do it in window mode. (For those who crashed at Month 5 week 1, the beta testers and I don't have that problem here so I'm just as confused as you are O-O;)
- Do not open other application while playing since it will often crash. For example, if you left it to open facebook and then go back again, it might crash.
- if you skip the story with pressing space or ctrl, it will crash if you're not careful. It's safer if you click with mouse slowly -especially if there's a lot of SFX/camera shake involved like in battle scenes

For those who get bad endings:
- follow the walkthrough I gave you in the .rar and you should be fine ;)

For Bouki (since she get bad ends and got some problems >.<):
-In the choices of giving the bachelor 'Pink Crystal' or 'Explosives' choose to give him the Pink Crystal to get the good ending (this option will be available if there are 250+ affection points of the chosen bachelor.
-Yes, in every route you will get Rama's event where you go to his house and play 20 questions. This is to give you an explanation about how each and every bachelor thinks about the war.
- and Yes, Rama will die if you're not in his route >< His psychology is the most complicated. What I can say (if you haven't played his route) is just think about it and read slowly about his history, and you'll notice why he can't go on living :') it broke my heart when I had to write it too.
You're welcome to ask me other questions after you finished all the routes dear <3
I apologize for the inconveniences but that's all the tips I can give >< This is one of the reasons why I'd rather buy another software to make visual novels @@ there are still lots of imperfections in novelty and it crashed a lot. But it should be fine if you open it and play in window mode >.<

Reiyane

#13 Post by Reiyane »

asakura9 wrote:
Reiyane wrote:There is a problem, Chiel - the game crashes at Month 5: Week 1, when Tamara and Mitra are in the burnt out forest. I tried to run the game many times, with admin rights turned on or even after rebooting my PC, but it always crashes at that certain spot and I can't go further T.T
Anyway thank you for this game ! I was waiting for this and so far it is really good !

I may have found a solution for that problem, Asakura.

http://freewisdoms.com/download-directx ... -modifyer/

On this site there is a download with a registry key concerning directx. I used it and it allowed me to pass that damn forest xD Let's hope it will help you as well.

asakura9
Projects: Still secret.

#14 Post by asakura9 »

Reiyane wrote:
asakura9 wrote:

I may have found a solution for that problem, Asakura.

http://freewisdoms.com/download-directx ... -modifyer/

On this site there is a download with a registry key concerning directx. I used it and it allowed me to pass that damn forest xD Let's hope it will help you as well.
Thank you, now it's working but at first it didn't so I just don't get what was really the problem...
But now I can move on ! ^^
Sorry for my bad english.

Reiyane

#15 Post by Reiyane »

I'm glad it helped you as well, Asakura ^^

And I am confused now. I tried to get Reksa's happy end - I've got a normal end at first, then Reksa's bad end the second time. I thought that I'll get his happy ending after giving him the crystal, but I got normal end again. WTH? Does Reksa even have a happy end? I even followed your small walkthrough, but it didn't help.