Break Chance Memento [Commercial]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

Re: Break Chance Memento [Commercial]

#16 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Moon20 wrote:Camille I didn't purcase the game since I was not able to do it.
I download the game from other site.
I'm sorry, did you just come in here and declare that you pirated our game? Our game, the one we spent 4 and a half years on, the one we haven't even sold 200 copies of, the one we haven't even made enough back yet to cover the money we put into it let alone our time or giving us something we can put into future games?

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#17 Post by Camille »

Moon20 wrote:No I didnt do that, somebody else buy the game and upload it, so I download from his/her link.
here it's the site where I download it from link deleted - Taleweaver
altrought Break Chance Memento are not on that site anymore.
Downloading a commercial game for free—just as you've described—is pirating.

I'm creating the guide as supplementary material for the game and it'll be on itch.io. If you pirated BCM, you won't be able to access the guide.

Moon20
Regular

#18 Post by Moon20 »

sorry I didn't know that, I don't know much about pirating in the first place.
but I didn't see any other way since I can't buy things from itch.io, afterall I live in Norway.
Sure I could wait for the game to come on Steam but that took very long time, So I could not wait anymore.
I'm really sorry I didn't mean to pirating your game.
I hope there can forgive me?

Alwerien
Regular

#19 Post by Alwerien »

^ Wow, don't even know what to say about that.

...Aaaanyway.
Congratulations on the release! Gonna hold back on buying since dentist bills (T_T) come as a priority now, so hopefully by time I have game spending money in my budget, you will get it on Steam. There will be pretty achievements and trading cards, right, right? Pretty please!

EDIT: Whenever that happens, you should be able to add the guide as DLC to the game on Steam too, I think... just not 100% sure if free DLCs are possible. I see a lot of cheap DLCs with bonus graphics, soundtrack and stuff like that though.
I love it when games with romance option have possible love interests both male and female. I wish there were more games like that. :<

iownamovingcastle

#20 Post by iownamovingcastle »

I was apprehensive before buying this (let's be honest the VN genre can be hit or miss) but man this is a lot of fun. Really enjoying it! Shuuki is the perfect main character I didn't even know I wanted.

I think its funny that every route I try for romance ends up leading to bad ends. I think I am messing up a choice or two along the way, but I like to think of it as a metaphor for my real life dating success :p Like, even in a game I can't get my MC happy with a boyfriend.

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#21 Post by Camille »

Alwerien wrote:EDIT: Whenever that happens, you should be able to add the guide as DLC to the game on Steam too, I think... just not 100% sure if free DLCs are possible. I see a lot of cheap DLCs with bonus graphics, soundtrack and stuff like that though.
It should be possible to package the guide with the game on Steam, as well. I'll be sure to look into it, no worries!

Some updates:

We have just put up version 1.1 of Break Chance Memento on itch.io. This includes a few minor cosmetic fixes to the gallery and sprites, a few typo fixes, and a fix that allows for conversations with both of Yukinari’s brothers to pass a route check (due to a bug, only talking to one specific brother worked previously) in chapter 4.

Also, a comprehensive guide is now available to everyone who purchased the game. This guide explains how to get every ending and collect every CG and memento. Because the fixes for version 1.1 are fairly minor, the guide takes into account players who haven’t or don’t wish to update and so differences between the two versions are noted. You can download the guide as PDF from your purchase page for the game, seen once you log in to itch.io. If you’d like to leave a tip as thanks for this guide, you may do so here on Gumroad.

Auro and I are working on the art and writing prizes for the winners of the contest this month, as well, and can’t wait to share it with everyone. All of the contest entrants should have received emails from both Auro and me, so please be sure to check your inboxes! You can peruse all of the contest entries here.

As a final note, if you haven’t already heard the news, Break Chance Memento was greenlit on Steam a couple of days ago. We can now guarantee a Steam Key with every purchase of the game, to be distributed once the game is up on the Steam Store.

We hope you’re having a great 2016 so far! Thank you all so much for your support. We couldn’t have made it this far without you all!

YonYonYon
Veteran
Projects: Nightflower(Frozen), Reach the Starlight(WIP)

#22 Post by YonYonYon »

Congratulations on Steam Greenlight!
ImageImage

AllegroDiRossi
Regular
Tumblr: daroross
Deviantart: daroross

#23 Post by AllegroDiRossi »

Just wanted to give you my congratulations as well. I bought the game close to launch day, but haven't had too much time to play it (still on the second mystery). I really appreciate creators who make games like this. As a gay man, it's wonderful to be able to play games that don't shove me in the wrapper of generic straight guy trying to bed girl(s). And to have it be a mystery game is just as exciting. I'm really happy y'all were greenlit as well, since that's even more chance to get your game in front of more people! Will check back in when I have more time to play!
Live Life Heroically

alexzander3895

#24 Post by alexzander3895 »

Great game guys! All the work you've put into it really shows! (I love the little blinks that happen at random, really nice touch!)
I haven't reached any endings yet (Friend bought it for me a while back, but I only just started playing), but there is something I think I need to bring to your attention. I don't know if I just missed a relevant choice or not, or if you've even already fixed it but...
(Minor spoilers for Chapter 4)
When I was in Chapter 4 (exclusively picking Natsume options), Shuuki was at the dorms when Natsume received a call about the chapter's victim dying. In the next scene, Shuuki talks about seeing the body and talking about a backpack, except in my playthrough he never saw the body or any sort of backpack and it was rather jarring to say the least.

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#25 Post by Camille »

alexzander3895 wrote:Great game guys! All the work you've put into it really shows! (I love the little blinks that happen at random, really nice touch!)
I haven't reached any endings yet (Friend bought it for me a while back, but I only just started playing), but there is something I think I need to bring to your attention. I don't know if I just missed a relevant choice or not, or if you've even already fixed it but...
(Minor spoilers for Chapter 4)
When I was in Chapter 4 (exclusively picking Natsume options), Shuuki was at the dorms when Natsume received a call about the chapter's victim dying. In the next scene, Shuuki talks about seeing the body and talking about a backpack, except in my playthrough he never saw the body or any sort of backpack and it was rather jarring to say the least.
Hi, thanks!

It's implied in the chapter if you're not on his route that Shuuki gets information from watching the news. Especially since he wasn't actually there, he'd be doing his best to gather information. Since you didn't actually see the CG, though, it won't be shown on the route in any flashbacks, but Shuuki definitely saw the dead body and whatnot on the news. I didn't want to rehash stuff from the previous chapters (since especially chapter 3 talked a lot about TV coverage) but perhaps should have been a bit more clear... Sorry for the confusion!

alexzander3895

#26 Post by alexzander3895 »

Oh, that makes sense! Other than that one spot, the game is really, really good so far! Looking forward to going for the other routes after this~

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#27 Post by Camille »

Break Chance Memento (BCM) has been released on Steam! Now with trading cards to collect and achievements to earn!

Your save files should carry over if you’ve already played the game previously, you just need to get to an ending to activate the achievement check. Fastest way to do this is to get a bad ending in chapter 3. We have 9 achievements for BCM, but one is hidden~ I wonder if people will be able to get them all? ♥

If you’ve already bought BCM off of itch.io, you should be able to generate a Steam key for yourself by going to your purchase page for BCM and clicking the Request Key button.

We are running a 10% Steam launch week discount, so the game will be $17.99 for the first week of sale on Steam. We’ve set an equivalent sale on itch.io, so if you buy the game from there, it’s also 10% off! All purchases of BCM from itch.io come with a Steam key.

Thank you so much for your interest and support!

Moon20
Regular

#28 Post by Moon20 »

I really love this game and I have got one ending.
I'm going to get others ending as well.
I love gameplay and I love how you can time travel for to save people lives with to collect mementos.
I love how relationship develop between brothers as you progress story.

Should I make my own game it would be about time travel and collect clues but sadly it won't happen.

Thank you for making this amazing game:) you rocks.