Break Chance Memento [Commercial]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

Break Chance Memento [Commercial]

#1 Post by Camille »

Break Chance Memento (BCM) is a visual novel about family bonds across time and involves time travel, tracking down a serial killer, and potential gay romance. It is plot-heavy rather than romance-heavy and can be classified as slice of life, boys' love, and science fiction. We give the game a 15+ rating due to violent/horrific imagery and writing. BCM contains over 6 hours of gameplay including parts where the player explores the city of Nagasaki to look for items and time travels to solve the mystery at the core of the plot. The game is for Windows, Mac, and Linux computers and is sold via itch.io and Steam, retailing for USD $19.99 (full price). Itch.io does allow people to tip, so if you’d like to tip us, we’d greatly appreciate it. There is also a demo available for download which covers the first two chapters (out of five). For more information, please visit bcm.cyanide-tea.net.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STORY
Four years ago, Shuuki's world was turned upside-down when his twin sister, Fuyuka, died in an accident at just 12 years of age. His parents blamed her death on the negligence of their eldest son, Natsume. The Amamiya family was never the same.

One fateful morning, Shuuki stumbles across the gruesome sight of his brother Masaharu's corpse. When all hope is lost and Shuuki must come to terms with the fact that his brother has been murdered, the mysterious Kyousuke appears before him with a proposition:

"Do you want to bring your brother back? To fix your family's broken relationship? You can…if you learn to travel through time."

Before he knows it, Shuuki is caught in a plot far more sinister than he could have ever imagined. He learns that the key to traveling through time and stopping innocents from being killed lies in mementos: items that are a link between the past, future, and present.

Trigger & Content Warnings: verbal and physical abuse, implied sex, slurs related to gender/sexual identity, blood/gore, murder, violence, student/teacher romantic relationship, glitch imagery, some flashing lights/white screens, and suicidal speech/actions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buy the game here on itch.io.
The game is also for sale on Steam.

This has been a Cyanide Tea production. Please enjoy the game and please, please use spoiler tags. Thank you to everyone who's supported us over the years or helped us along the way. It was a very long journey, but we've finally made it!
Last edited by Camille on Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

Re: Break Chance Memento [Commercial]

#2 Post by MaiMai »

Congratulations on the release!! :D
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#3 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Congratulations Lore and Auro.

I've purchased my copy.

Yay!!

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#4 Post by Taleweaver »

I know how long this has been in the making, and hell yeah am I going to support it.

Bought my copy, with a little extra donation for you two. Best of luck!
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

idkwhatusername

#5 Post by idkwhatusername »

Will you post a walkthrough anytime soon? I seem to only be getting 1 of 2 ends no matter how often I play the game. Also, is the new choice when you first meet K involved? Because I don't seem to be getting any other new choices.

victorita9
Regular

#6 Post by victorita9 »

So I played the game, I got a generic, non-romantic ending, and I love it. I love how even if this is a BL game, family is the heart of the story(at least in my first play through). I'm going to focus on one character now and see if I can get a romance ending.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#7 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

@Mai & Lesleigh, Thank you :)

@Taleweaver, awww, thank you! And yeah, it was a very long ride. It means a lot that people still follow the project and remember it from the beginning.

@idkwhatusername, Hey :) Fundamentally BCM has one core route for the game, the choices create variations that lead to the different CGs and epilogues. In order to see different things you have to pick different choices. If you focus on no-one is particular you get one ending, if you focus on say Chiaki and pick choices that favour him you will get most of his CGs and his epilogue and so forth. There is also a main bad ending and a couple minor ones. The new choice you mentioned also leads to a certain ending if
you do not focus on anyone in particular as well and don't hit the bad ending.
However Lore is considering writing a walkthrough eventually.

@Victorita, Thank you! We really like things like no romance endings and friendship endings and the like. It makes no sense to tie end game conditions to successful romantic relationships only after all. We believe it sends a bad message. You aren't going to live unhappily ever after if you aren't dating someone, so we like keeping those options. I hope you enjoy seeing the other CGs and epilogue endings.

Moon20
Regular

#8 Post by Moon20 »

I wish I could play this game but I can't since I can't buy Games from itch.io.
So my only choice it's to hope the game come out on Steam soon.
So sorry for at I can't give you feedback yet.

How close are you to Get the game on Steam?

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#9 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

@Moon, It's difficult to say since the decision is still at Steam's discretion. The metrics are based on a lot of different variables, most of which are unknown, and so not particularly useful for saying either which way. We were hovering around 80% towards the top 100 for days and then we suddenly jumped up to 97%. What that actually /means/ I have no clue. We will let everyone know if/when it happens and give a heads up of when to expect a release there :)

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#10 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

I'm a little late, but Happy Holidays everyone! We made a short comic in the spirit of the season.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#11 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Moon20
Regular

#12 Post by Moon20 »

Can somebody please make walkthrought for Break Chance Memento?

GreyLadyHelenaR
Regular

#13 Post by GreyLadyHelenaR »

I second what Moon20 said! Yuki's route is harder than it seems :(
Love the game, btw! Shuuki is currently at the top of my fave protag list; Chiaki is adorbs, and the rest of the characters are awesome. Looking forward to your future games! :D

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#14 Post by Camille »

Thank you so much for your nice comments, everyone! I'm working on a comprehensive guide for the game that should be out later this week, so keep an eye on your email inboxes. I'll be sending out a notification to everyone who's purchased the game once the guide is done and uploaded.

Moon20
Regular

#15 Post by Moon20 »

Camille I didn't purcase the game since I was not able to do it.
I download the game from other site.