You & Me - P4 fangame [P4HeroxYosuke] [Comedy] [BxB]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Cube
Regular
Completed: You and Me | Love is in Bloom
Projects: Ego Holic
Tumblr: qbstudios
itch: qbstudios

You & Me - P4 fangame [P4HeroxYosuke] [Comedy] [BxB]

#1 Post by Cube »

ABOUT

'You and Me' is a Visual Novel based on ATLUS’ franchise Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4 evolving around the Protagonist’s (aka Souji Seta) and Yosuke Hanamura’s epic bromance.
It takes place after Naoto’s rescue around the end of September 2011.

You’ll be able to pick from different options and earn affection points which determine the route you’ll read.

You don't need to know Persona 4 necessarily to enjoy it! ^^

This game features:
- around 34k words
- 2 routes
- 4 endings (3 good, 1 bad)

More info: development thread

DOWNLOAD

There's a Windows and a Mac build of the game, just click on the respective icons. There's also a walkthrough, if you need it.

You can also find it on tumblr.

SCREENSHOTS

Image Image

ImageImageImage

mslilian
Tumblr: keep-calm-and-watch-anime

Re: You & Me - P4 fangame [P4HeroxYosuke] [Comedy] [BxB]

#2 Post by mslilian »

IS THIS WHAT I THINK IT IS? SOUYO FEELS ARE COMING BACK!

I'll download and play it asap!

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#3 Post by noeinan »

Aaaah, so excited! Downloading now :D

Elyeon
Projects: Seven Hex Days [Nano 2016]

#4 Post by Elyeon »

First I want to say is thank you so much for all the hard work you put in to You and Me! I'm still trying to register all these feels I'm currently overwhelmed with after getting all the endings few minutes ago. :')
Especially the bad ending in Orpheus route. Man, it's been a while since I felt so emotional during a heart-wrenching scene. Had it gone a little longer I would of broke down and start bawling in front of my computer. ;;
I really enjoyed playing this VN and I'm glad I came across the demo by chance when I used to lurk here as a guest. I'm looking forward to your next project but for now you deserve some rest! Happy Holidays!

Cube
Regular

#5 Post by Cube »

@Elyeon: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PLAYING! I'm really happy you liked it.
That's my favourite ending, really. Right into the feels.
Haha, this VN has taken me 1 1/2 years with many many breaks, so... I don't know if there'll be another project like this tbh. I have another HeroxYosuke kinetic novel almost done, with own art, but that might take a few more months, since I'm stuck at CGs...

Thanks for taking your time to comment :3 Happy holidays to you, too!
ImageImageImage

Miyuu
Regular
Completed: Iris Dream

#6 Post by Miyuu »

I've played this and completed one ending so far. I have to say that I really like how well you capture each of their personality. The story was funny and cheesy that I laugh hard at times. Yosuke's reactions and monologue are priceless. Bromance at its best, lol.

Anyway, I wish you'd shown more of everyone other than Rise, because she appears a lot more than the others. Other than that, great story, content and story transition. Overall, it's a pretty great fanmade games. Good luck with your future projects!

Cube
Regular

#7 Post by Cube »

@Miyuu:

THANKS A BUNCH!

Since Yosuke doesn't interact with many of the group except for Teddie, Chie and Protag, it was hard to show more of the others... Yukiko isn't the type to bother Protag and doesn't give 2 cents about Yosuke, Kanji is having his own problems, and only Rise is pro-active enough to butt in wherever Protag and Rise show up together. Also, Rise is kinda clingy in the game, too....
ImageImageImage

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

#8 Post by Ghost of Crux »

COMEDY MMY A S S
I AM BEING OB LIT EITHERED RIGHT HERE I AM BEING MNRUDered D TO DE Atha NAD ITH URTS????
THEFJIEWNACK ARE YOU DOING TO ME
O H G O D
I CANT EVEN COHERENTLY WORD

DID I ACCIDENTALLY THE BAD END BECAUSE IT FEELS LIKE IT

Edit:
All right, now that I'm more coherent
I went down the Orpheus path, and MAN was that intense. I couldn't stop spamming a friend and bugged her to play this, because I absolutely love it. I love the bad lines. I love the PAIN AND JUST PAIN. The Orpheus Path is gonna stick with me for a long time, lemme just say. That was probably one of the best things I've seen come out from this ship. Absolutely golden.

Thank you for making this.
Edit Edit:

I GOT TO THE OTHER PATH
I LOVE IT EVEN MORE. Okay, maybe not really-- the feeling I've got is a different kind, and the Orpheus path is still the most intense shit and I love it. Anyway, THAT WAS GREAET. Especially after the PAIN and SUFFERING I had to deal with in the other path. GOTTA ASK, THOUGH. Was Hasegawa-san Saori's parent or something? And while I'm on that train of thought... DANGIT YOU TWO, KEEP IT BEHIND CLOSED DOORS.

it was glorious.
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

Cube
Regular

#9 Post by Cube »

@Ghost of Crux:

Aaaaand another one whose heart I gotta pick up... But I really feel you. I finished the Orpheus route first, and when I re-read it, I was like WOAH THERE, SATAN wait, that's me, shit. So, in the end, I broke myself. #achievementunlocked

Yeah, some good old UST to mend the soul! NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT that sounds plausible (since Saori moves away at the end of her S.link) but it wasn't intended to be that way...
*dojima voice* use protection!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMMENTING I'm so glad you liked it! I didn't expect any more comments on this game tbh ^^" I hope your friend wasn't annoyed...
ImageImageImage

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

#10 Post by Ghost of Crux »

Cube wrote:@Ghost of Crux:

Aaaaand another one whose heart I gotta pick up... But I really feel you. I finished the Orpheus route first, and when I re-read it, I was like WOAH THERE, SATAN wait, that's me, shit. So, in the end, I broke myself. #achievementunlocked

Yeah, some good old UST to mend the soul! NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT that sounds plausible (since Saori moves away at the end of her S.link) but it wasn't intended to be that way...
*dojima voice* use protection!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMMENTING I'm so glad you liked it! I didn't expect any more comments on this game tbh ^^" I hope your friend wasn't annoyed...
INDEED. WHOA THERE SATAN.

Well I mean I doubt Saori is the kind to do that and from what I heard (I never did have the heart to max out her S Link I love her) her parents are jerks so.
IDK DOJIMA I'm more worried about them doing it outside than anything else at that point

NAH I roped her into playing it and she loved it too
You did a real great job with this. Real real great job.
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

natsumachi
Regular
Completed: Re∞Birth [BL]
Projects: Ferfecir [BL]
Organization: Milky Cherry

#11 Post by natsumachi »

I played this over the weekend and got absorbed in the P4 nostalgia~

It's been so long since I played P4 but the way you used the original sprites, music and GUI style really was like a welcome return to the P4 universe. Plus the way you got inside Yosuke's head was great, because yeah, his homophobic canon attitude didn't endear him to me in the original game, so it was nice to see in this version his struggle with feelings for Souji, and team-mates also calling him out on his behaviour.
Also the banter with other team-mates was fun and pretty ic (omg Teddy and his adorable bear puns ahah).

It just all fit together so smoothly (like, wow that TV world animation?? I was so sure it must've come from one of the P4 series games until I read the development post).

I got endings 2 and 3 so far, and from that I can say that I enjoyed both story routes, though the delicious angst in Orpheus route was most enjoyable!

Anyway, thanks so much for creating and sharing this fanfic game! I really hope to see more of your VN creations in future.

Cube
Regular

#12 Post by Cube »

@natsumachi: NOSTALGIA YES wow this game is so old by now...

Thank you so much for reading and leaving such kind words! delicious angst jam is best jam
ImageImageImage

Yukionnal

#13 Post by Yukionnal »

Looks juicy, i'm downloading it now. :3