War: 13th Day [Dark Fantasy, Psychological, GxB Prelude]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Dreamgazer
Veteran
Completed: Death Room; Don't Take This Risk; War: 13th Day; War Specials
Projects: Beauty and the War (X Playing Pieces)
Organization: Poison Apple Tales
Tumblr: poisonappletales
Deviantart: PoisonAppleTales

Re: War: 13th Day [Dark Fantasy, Psychological, GxB Prelude]

#16 Post by Dreamgazer »

sakurakimuchi wrote:I'm having trouble with the endings tho, so if you could post a guide for it that would be useful af.
No problem! I whipped up a quick walkthrough for you right here. Hope it helps!

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#17 Post by Dreamgazer »

I hope everyone's having an awesome weekend! Since some people have had trouble reading the text over the GUI, I decided to give War: 13th Day a quick update and fix it.
How's that? Can you read the "Hee hee hee!" just fine? Whoever plays next, I'd appreciate it if you let me know!

And, of course, I'm always eager to hear whatever speculation or theories you might have after playing this psychological game. All feedback's welcome. :)

KrystalFlare

#18 Post by KrystalFlare »

Oh my, I can't believe it took me this long to play this game. I'd downloaded this since I first saw it but just got caught in other things (writing mostly) and completely forgot I had this gem stored in my computer.

First off, I want to wholeheartedly say that I love you for creating and sharing this marvelous piece of art. I loved all the characters, all the different versions of the story and I had so much fun seeing where each choice takes me. I can't remember the last time that a VN was such an emotional roller coaster for me - I laughed, I cringed, I was scared, I got all hot and bothered... you've managed to put me through so many emotions in the course of just one game, that I have no words to thank you for being such a genius. Decidedly, given that I am a huge horror fan, the creepiest and possibly my most favorite moment was
seeing Onyx in bed with Ambrosia and Arsenik
That was some high quality nightmare fuel right there! :shock:

However, I seem to be stuck on getting the one CG that I'm missing. I've tried all the options on both sides, but I don't know... maybe I have to make a certain combination of choices to get it? I really don't know how to describe which CG it is, except by saying that...
in the gallery it's placed on the second page, first one from the bottom row; it should show up right next to the blood splatter CG, at the beginning of the row (put this in spoilers because, I don't know, someone might think it's a spoiler :P)
I would love some help to know if I'm making a mistake along the way, if I should combine the choices in some ending in a certain way or what else I need to do. It's literally the ONLY image I'm missing, to be able to unlock the Virgo Island extra. And I'm DYING of curiosity to see that! So please, please don't leave me wandering in the dark :cry:

Other than that, I wish you all the best and may your muse always grace you with inspiration. And I cannot wait to try out the Valentine edition, you can expect some feedback from me on that one as well :D

Best wishes,
KrystalFlare~

Edit: So now that I'm done playing all the options and getting all the CGs (other than the LAST ONE I'm still missing - please help me, dev!!! :cry:) I have to say, the one I'm looking forward to meeting the most in the sequel is ALEXANDRITE!!! (I'm not saying that because my actual name is Alexandra, what are you on about? :shock:)

Gosh, I only caught a glimpse of him (both in the game and in CGs) but damn if he doesn't look and seemingly behaves exactly like Loki. That was SUCH a teaser, dev... I love you so much and hate you so much for it :lol:

Kaina Blue
Regular
Projects: Howl of the Blood
Tumblr: kainablue
Deviantart: KainaBlue

#19 Post by Kaina Blue »

I haven't finished the game just yet, but so far - wow! You made an interesting, intelligent and a mysterious world.

Each of the characters are appealing, but I dare not comment them in detail, although I have to say Wildfire and Brooks are portrayed quite vividly and their relationship is very amusing in my opinion. I would love to know (even) more about those two :D

I have to mention another thing - your vocabulary is exceptionally rich and and advanced (again, only in my opinion, since I'm not a native English speaker). Thank you for teaching me so many new words! :D

Looking forward to the development of the story. :wink:

--------------------------------------------

I've edited my post, since I've just finished the game... Brilliant! Plot twists, endings and
the hilarious extra ending :lol:
. I've found out more about Wildfire (as I wished) and
I am a bit sad because she is only a side-character in the main game (don't know if this is a spoiler, but just in case :wink:
. You portrayed her very good from a psychological point of view. That sort of depth and thoughtfulness you put into her personality can be seen only in very good books. Excellent job!

Can't wait to find out more about your world! Keep on doing watchya doing! :wink:

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#20 Post by Dreamgazer »

KrystalFlare wrote:However, I seem to be stuck on getting the one CG that I'm missing. I've tried all the options on both sides, but I don't know... maybe I have to make a certain combination of choices to get it? I really don't know how to describe which CG it is, except by saying that...
Hi, KrystalFlare! Just want to say that while I was working on my NaNoRenO, hearing what you thought about my game was really encouraging. I really appreciate it.

Ooh, that's actually the most important CG! If I'm not mistaken, that's the one from the True Ending. Let's see...this walkthrough should help. If you go through all these endings in one play-through, you should be able to get it. If it doesn't work, I would recommend re-downloading the game again. I've updated the game since it first came out to make the True Ending a little bit easier to get. ;)

Let me know if it works for you!
Kaina Blue wrote:I've edited my post, since I've just finished the game... Brilliant! Plot twists, endings and
the hilarious extra ending :lol:
. I've found out more about Wildfire (as I wished) and
I am a bit sad because she is only a side-character in the main game (don't know if this is a spoiler, but just in case :wink:
. You portrayed her very good from a psychological point of view. That sort of depth and thoughtfulness you put into her personality can be seen only in very good books. Excellent job!

Can't wait to find out more about your world! Keep on doing watchya doing! :wink:
Hello, Kaina Blue! Aww, thank you so much for all your kind words. I'm actually adapting this from one of my stories, so you don't know how happy it makes me to hear that.

I'm glad you enjoyed it! If you have any other comments, please feel free to swing by and let me know. :)

KrystalFlare

#21 Post by KrystalFlare »

Dreamgazer wrote:Hi, KrystalFlare! Just want to say that while I was working on my NaNoRenO, hearing what you thought about my game was really encouraging. I really appreciate it.

Ooh, that's actually the most important CG! If I'm not mistaken, that's the one from the True Ending. Let's see...this walkthrough should help. If you go through all these endings in one play-through, you should be able to get it. If it doesn't work, I would recommend re-downloading the game again. I've updated the game since it first came out to make the True Ending a little bit easier to get. ;)

Let me know if it works for you!
I'm so sorry it took me this long to reply. But I finally had time to sit down and replay the game this weekend. I re-downloaded, as you suggested and used the walkthrough, but sadly still no CG :cry: I got the regular endings in the exact order they were listed in the walkthrough, so... maybe I need to get the regular endings in a specific order? I don't know what to do anymore, but my problem may be that after getting all the endings and starting another game for the True Ending, I still have to choose between the two girls' sides and that's where I'm not really sure what I should be doing or if I'm choosing the wrong girl.

I'll try giving it a third play (third time's the charm.... maybe :P) and see if I get lucky to hit the True Ending this time :lol:

But even if I don't get that one CG, I'm really grateful for your help and I'm still satisfied with the game as it is, even if I'm insanely curious to read the extra info about the island.

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#22 Post by Dreamgazer »

KrystalFlare wrote:I'm so sorry it took me this long to reply. But I finally had time to sit down and replay the game this weekend. I re-downloaded, as you suggested and used the walkthrough, but sadly still no CG :cry: I got the regular endings in the exact order they were listed in the walkthrough, so... maybe I need to get the regular endings in a specific order? I don't know what to do anymore, but my problem may be that after getting all the endings and starting another game for the True Ending, I still have to choose between the two girls' sides and that's where I'm not really sure what I should be doing or if I'm choosing the wrong girl.

I'll try giving it a third play (third time's the charm.... maybe :P) and see if I get lucky to hit the True Ending this time :lol:

But even if I don't get that one CG, I'm really grateful for your help and I'm still satisfied with the game as it is, even if I'm insanely curious to read the extra info about the island.
Hmm...that's strange. Normally, once you've played all the necessary endings in the same run-through, the True End should unlock on its own (to be exact, Wildfire should say something to the effect of "I've had enough of this!"). No restart necessary (otherwise, you would have to get all those endings again ;)).

But even if it doesn't work, I'm glad to hear you still enjoyed my game. Please do let me know if the third time really was the charm! If not, would you like me to tell you what the extra info was - and what happens during the True Ending?
(By the way, you can indeed choose either women in the beginning! But just to make your life easier, be sure to side with your man when you run through Wildfire's story the first time. From there, going through the endings in the walkthrough should have worked. The order's not important, but I did list them in order of what I thought was the easiest way to keep track of them. Hope that does the trick!)

KrystalFlare

#23 Post by KrystalFlare »

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS third time was the charm, definitely! I finally got the True End and holy crap I was NOT expecting that outcome :shock:

But I think I understood what went wrong before... the first time I played the game I made a save file so I could first try out the other options before getting the correct one for the ending I was going for. So saving and loading may have messed with the flow of the story and the game probably thought I started anew. And on my second playthrough there was a power outage, and when I went back to the game for some reason I didn't realize the game didn't auto-save, so when I started again for some reason I didn't go for the endings I'd already gone through before the power fell. So yeah, that may have been my own fault :oops:

But I finally got the last CG and the True Ending and I read the extras... and you can't do this to me!!! I wanted to know more about Alex's clan!!! :cry: But I have to say I LOVE Arsenik more, now that I saw he's not just another pretty "Prince Charming",
but that he too can be a d*ck when he wants to :lol: and that just makes him more realistic
But again, I don't have enough words to thank you for this masterpiece. I just downloaded the parody today so I'll get to playing that as soon as I have the time, I'm so looking forward to it. And I can't wait for the sequel, I don't think I've ever been this hyped up for a VN sequel before.

Also, one question... I still couldn't tell who the "player" was...
I'm debating between Onyx and Brooks for some reason :P Also, will Onyx turn out to be Alexandrite by any chance? I don't know where I got that head canon but for some reason it popped in my mind and I can't let go of it :lol:
And I still want to know for sure if Alex will have his own route in the sequel. I NEED to know!!! :oops:

But anyway thank you again so very much for creating such a precious jewel of a game. I am wholeheartedly looking forward to the sequel and I wish you all very best. May your muse always grace you with inspiration! <3

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#24 Post by Dreamgazer »

KrystalFlare wrote:Also, one question... I still couldn't tell who the "player" was...
I'm debating between Onyx and Brooks for some reason :P Also, will Onyx turn out to be Alexandrite by any chance? I don't know where I got that head canon but for some reason it popped in my mind and I can't let go of it :lol:
And I still want to know for sure if Alex will have his own route in the sequel. I NEED to know!!! :oops:

But anyway thank you again so very much for creating such a precious jewel of a game. I am wholeheartedly looking forward to the sequel and I wish you all very best. May your muse always grace you with inspiration! <3
The answer to your first two questions...
will be answered in War (X Playing Pieces).
But if you want to run any more theories/speculation by me, please do feel free. I love hearing who people think it is. I scattered pieces of the puzzle throughout the game, so I'm happy when people are able to pick it up. ;)

And Alexandrite will indeed have a route in the main game! (You'll also get to see if your guess on him was right. :)) Although, I do intend to take a rather unique approach to how the routes are taken. I'll post further updates on that in my WiP thread and my social media.

Thank you so much for all your kind words, and I'm glad you were finally able to reach the True End. I hope that you enjoy Ready, Set, Parody!

m_celeri

#25 Post by m_celeri »

I really liked the game. (I even made an account to leave a comment :D) It made my brain fizzle while I was trying to figure out what was true and what wasn't.
I wanted everything to be revealed in the end. (╥﹏╥) I guess I'll have to wait for the other game to learn more.
Still I enjoyed playing it. In the begining I liked Ambrosia's narration, but I ended up liking Wildfire's part more. <3 The game was entertaining and complex. It took me a lot of time to finish the game, but I wanted to explore all the paths.

I'll leave the theories I had here. (*throws wall of text at Dreamgazer and runs away* Please don't laugh.~~ ε=ε=ε= (。 >艸<))
Arsenik has some 'dark' secret. Chase says he's poison and even his name is like poison. So is he making poisons? I played the Valentine game too and there was a moment where Arsenik says something along the lines: 'Not to mention, it's a fine alternative to... to some other work my clan would ask of me.' We know that he's a warrior and stuff so does it mean he's poisoning people? Or maybe torturing them? I was also wondering about what he gave the driver as payment? Were those jewels or maybe some kind of drug? Not to mention that it fits with Hulder being the sneaky ones. They'd know how to kill someone without making themselves suspicious.

I also think that the clan Vi are going to try conquering next is Imugi (because Wind is from it so it fits).
The red on Brooks armor makes me feel uneasy. Does it mean she will die or is that just how it looks?

I also wonder if the 'you can keep only your lover or best friend' thing is some kind of methaphore that their lives were in danger and she could choose only one of them. I think that it's possible that during the fire both were captured and it somehow leads to this (maybe she went to rescue them and it was possible to go to only one or they split).

As to Chase's face I'm guessing that he may have some kind of scars. In the begining I thought that Trold may have some kind of feature other clans don't like fangs or something, but since Grant didn't have anything like that and I don't suspect him of having a tatto I'd go with the first one.

I have a thought that the Vi may have power-stealing or -copying powers. It's also strange how their clane name are the first letters of the name Virgo Island.

As to the player... I have no idea. I even had one theory where the character we are playing wasn't shown in the game at all. In the begining I thought that maybe Onyx. It was more of a gut feeling, but then I thought that maybe prince since there was the announcement during the feast and I thought that maybe Wildfire was going to marry the prince and die or a second idea that she saw Alexandrite doing something to his fiancees that made them old and she was killed because of that. The second one was even more probable if I consider that she was trying to tell Ambrosia to stay away from the prince. But then I thought that maybe she did see the one doing that to the fiancees, but it doesn't necessarily need to be the prince. Maybe it was someone else? She could still try to warn Ambrosia not to become fiancee, because they were all going to die (maybe she only overheard someting). So my next guess was Arsenik or Night, but I don't think Arsenik is the one, so that would leave Night. To tell the truth if Ambrosia wouldn't be as kind as she was to the person I'd say it was Night (in Ready, Set, Parody she seemd to really despise guy). Also my stupid idea of the fact that during Night sun's gone aside, there was the moment during Ambrosia's story that Night had reversed colors and Ambrosia told Wildfire to stay away from him making him rather suspicious.

I think that it is possible that some things in Wildfire death vision happened only if in the next game a certain route is followed so it is possible that some events are in the end true and false.
So maybe Wildfire is killed by different people in different routes and possibly even survives in one (I'm probably overdoing it by now XD). Mabye she also chooses Brook in one route and Chase in the other. (???) I believe that Ambrosia's choices may somehow influence her fate, but that's all just my crazy theories.
Thank you for your hard work and great game. :D

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#26 Post by Dreamgazer »

m_celeri wrote:Thank you for your hard work and great game. :D
Hello, m_celeri! I definitely wasn't expecting to find this comment when I came here. I can't tell you just how happy your kind words have made me! And of course I won't laugh. To tell you the truth, I'm positively thrilled to read your theories. I won't say where you're right or wrong, but I do think you're quite sharp. :) I also love how you're gathered clues from the Valentine edition and the parody one because I do scatter bits and pieces of the answer everywhere. I'm glad to know it wasn't for nothing.

If you ever have any other thoughts or theories, please feel free to comment with them here at any time. I always love hearing what people make of this world I put my heart into, so never worry about me judging you for it. I truly appreciate you taking the time to make an account and tell me all this!

Please do look forward to War (X Playing Pieces)! I'll try my best not to disappoint.

ninja kitten

#27 Post by ninja kitten »

Hii! I liked playing your game and will play the other ones as well. Here are some thoughts on the game:
It was a pretty scary game for me actually. Normally, I don't like scary or mystery games, but this was totally different. It had an actual story, one that was told in a well thought and unique way which piqued my interest, with nice characters as well. I wanted to put the puzzle pieces together to find out the truth of what happened. It was unpredictable and challenging. Frightening, yes, but in a good way. :D This might be the only way I will like frightening.

Even though they were not accurate representations of themselves, I really liked the characters. All of them, and especially Ambrosia. She seemed kind and gentle in that dark terrifying place. I liked Arsenik too, but he could have a dark side; like when he was drowning Wildfire!! :C That was shocking.

Anyway, I reached to a conclusion that Night has an ability to make people older or suck the life out of them? Something along those lines.....and I also think he's the prince. For many reasons: 1/ in several routes, the prince's fiancees died but had looked much older than they actually were. 2/ in one of Ambrosia's routes there's a CG of Night where lines appear on his face, which I thought were the effects of his power on himself. 3/ the prince doesn't appear much, but when he did show up in one of the CGs, he had black hair like Night, he had his back to the camera so his face isn't identified. Their names are different because Night is the name given to him by people. 4/ this isn't a solid reason..but in the review at the end of the game, he tells Wildfire that she sees him as an old man then Arsenik corrects him and says young man..I thought this is considered as a hint?? Well, whether this is correct or not, please don't tell me. I want to find out in Ambrosia's story.

( Edit: 5/ omg..I'm even more convinced now after reading the poem 'Do not go gentle into that good night'!! Life is depicted as the sun, and the opposite is true (i.e. night is death opposite to life). And that's also how he got his name, because of his powers to suck the light (life) out of people!

On another note, the player who killed Wildfire could be Arsenik..because he loves Ambrosia so much that he might kill a person if they harm her. Wildfire could have hurt Ambrosia on her forhead and shoulder, in return, Arsenik put a dagger between her eyes. How did he find out or why did Wildfire harm Ambrosia I don't know..It's a far idea but could be possible.)

As for Chase's face, I think he has a beard. XD
He looks cute with the coat thing though. Plus, it keeps a mystery. ;p

One thing I was confused about is um..what the Valkyrie do to men after winning a fight with them? I'm sorry if it's an embarrassing question but english isn't my first language..so I didn't understand some things. Like what Wildfire did to Grant (in the past) was beat him up or sexually assault him? I thought they beat them because if they lose, the man can marry the Valkyrie. But now as I read the post again it said "there is one scene of implied sexual assault on a male", referring to Chase.

Thank you for making this. The whole concept is amazing. I can't wait to read more about the Virgo Island and the tribes in the next story.