Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Message
Author
User avatar
riiko08
Regular
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:59 am
Completed: Locked Heart, Cinderella Phenomenon
Organization: DICESUKI
Deviantart: kooriiko
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#1 Post by riiko08 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:06 pm

Image
Locked Heart was inspired by the story of Goldilocks with small hints of Beauty and the Beast.
Genre: Romance, Comedy, Fantasy, Drama
Word count is about 60k+ so this is just a short game. QvQ

DOWNLOAD LINK
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2q5qu3lpevgnm4g/LockedHeart-all%282%29.zip

WEB VERSION thanks to DrSchizo!
http://sandbox-adventure.com/locked-heart.html

WALKTHROUGH
http://otomedice.weebly.com/locked-heart-walkthrough.html


Image
Image

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image


Image
Image Image Image


NOTES
After more than a year of procrastination, we finally managed to finish this! //intense sobbing
I know I haven't been updating much on our progress, but I'm glad that you guys are still looking forward for it and giving us the motivation we needed to finish this. QAQ
This is my first VN so please excuse all the mistakes you see and go easy on us. We all tried our best on LH and we enjoyed so much making this so I hope you'll enjoy playing it as well~

P.S I apologize for the art inconsistencies! (what is consistency? OTL)


GAME TIPS
> When you overwrite a save file, the textbox disappears when you come back, so simply press the "Esc" key and you're good to go. (we actually don't know how to fix this bit OTL)
> Every route unlocks a mystery behind the curse so I hope you guys will try to play all three routes. XD

QUESTIONS
1. What do you think of the story?
2. Which route did you liked the most and why?
3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*
4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?
Last edited by riiko08 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:30 am, edited 7 times in total.

User avatar
- Eris
Regular
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:12 am
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#2 Post by - Eris » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:32 pm

OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS? THIS IS FINALLY COMPLETE? OMG!!!
I was about to watch a ghosts show 'cause I didn't have anything to do and was bored as hell and then I randomly opened my email and saw the notification of the game, I was dying to plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay it!!!! Seriously!!!!! You saved my night!!!! TT-TT
Btw CONGRATS!!! I'm sure the game is going to be awesome!!!
Now, let's go play it, finally TT-TT <3

Cathelinde
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:49 am
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#3 Post by Cathelinde » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:41 am

1. What do you think of the story?
I loved the story very much! The story was deep and meaningful, even though I realised from the start that
the locket was related to Gold's heart.
I found myself invested deeply in the story, growing to care for all of the characters involved. All the bears were really sweet and I enjoyed every route! The art was gorgeous, though the music grew to be slightly repetitive. Very well written and engaging ^^

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?
I actually liked Royal's route the best, even though I started out being biased towards Sol. I think it was because he was such a cute grumpy jealous bear that I really couldn't help but tease him :3 One thing that really frustrated me was not being able to get the best ends for both Royal and Sol, even though I tried many different choices many many times... Is it possible for a walkthrough/guide to be released? ;-;

3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*
I think Deon's route was the one that was the least fleshed out, and I didn't feel as connected to him. Lillie and Miss Maria's character could've been expanded on more, especially in Sol's route where
Lillie just lets you have her man :P
I would've liked more dialogue and expansion on the friendship between Aura and Lillie!

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?
I generally do not play many commercial games, but anything below $5 is pretty worth it for this game :) A very good job, I really enjoyed every second of it!

bekami
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:22 am
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#4 Post by bekami » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:57 am

Congrats on your first game! That was pretty darn good for a first VN, I'm suuperrr impressed! I've been at it for hours though and the only ending I just can't get is Royal's best end grrr. EDIT: I FINISHED ROYAL'S BEST END. It's almost 5am now so... i'm gonna die now
IM HAPPY AURA FINALLY WENT AFTER HER DREAM JOB. Royal's smirk is so hot.

The ordered I played in was Sol > Deon > Royal
I'm kinda sleepy, so this isn't as detailed as I wanted...

1. What do you think of the story?
I'd say it wasn't anything too uncommon, but I still liked and enjoyed it. I really liked the inspiration of Goldilocks/Beauty and the beast!
I still wonder what the Toy maker meant when she said she watched the D'Lockes family from way before, also do we get to ever see her eyes?? or is that in Royal's best end cus man I'm still trying to get that.


2. Which route did you liked the most and why?
I think my favourite route was Sol's! He was adorable and such a fluffy, blushing mess! I felt lots of doki doki.
And that wedding dress CG hngg (plus lillie's friendship was great) i loveed it. I would say more but his route was the first I did and I my brain doesn't remember it at like 4 in the morning :')

Deon's "kissing" scenes with Aura were really hot. Kinda wish they didn't stop kissing so soon either. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I thought Deon was really cute as a bear, I almost preferred him as a bear to his human self. But, his human self was hot so flirting was more effective LOL. Although, I did start getting a bit irked from being called "Love" so many times after awhile.

Don't kill me, but I was absolutely annoyed with Royal for the first half of his route. I had to take a 10 minute break from the amount of frustration I felt when he called Aura a "Useless freelancer". But, immediately after she snapped at him so that made me feel better xD I left his route last because I thought he was the hottest not gonna lie. I probably would have liked Royal a bit more if he wasn't glaring at Aura every time she was on screen because I was like dude... pls, why you gotta be so rude--

Also... I kinda explored the game folder a bit, hope you don't mind and discovered the psd with all the CGs... aha. I noticed that a couple CGs don't appear in the game...? At least, I'm pretty sure one of Sol's CG doesn't appear in the game since I completely unlocked his gallery.


3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*
I noticed very, very minor grammatical or tense mistakes. They barely showed up and I only came across them once every blue moon lol This is your first game (and free at that!) so I'm not going to complain about the length, which was fine btw, I'm just so used to playing games that take me days now :') If it had been longer though I would just want the relationships to flesh out more. I really love the art. A LOT. I could stare at it all day *q* Aura was a great heroine too. Let me also say I loved the writing and nice pick of ost! I should shut up now, but let me compliment the GUI it was really fitting (and that nice main menu surprise heh)

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?
I'd say $10~$15? This game was also so much better than a game I bought recently for about that price so thank you for healing me with this... now off to get that last ending

SkyBlueAzure
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#5 Post by SkyBlueAzure » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:03 am

First I want to say how much I absolutely wanted to play this as soon I saw the premise. I absolutely adore anything that has to do with fairy tails and old nursery rhymes (not to mention that art is gorgeous).

QUESTIONS

1. What do you think of the story?
I absolutely loved the story. I thought that, for the length of the VN it was incredibly fleshed out and I felt myself caring for each individual character. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the heroines character she was lovable and had just enough spunk to keep her interesting. I enjoyed the characters

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?
The first story arc that I played was Royal's. I was going to leave him for last, because when looking at the picture and the character synopsis I thought I would like him the most, but in the end I couldn't resist his glare :lol: . This turned out to be my favourite route, my heart throbbed with sadness
at the ending of his route when the protagonist was going to leave to let Gold and him be happy because she believed that he was still in love with Gold
. Nearly made me cry it was so emotional; also I'm a sucker for stories like that. It took me a couple tries to not get his normal end, but in the end it was worth it.
The second route I played was Deon's. I thought his character was fairly interesting and ended up liking him more than I thought I would
(especially because of the kiss scene :oops: woah mama)
.
I'm still playing Sol's route at the moment, his ending is proving to be much more difficult than I thought. I don't normally enjoy playing 'prince' story arcs, but I found his character compelling.

3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*
EDIT: [redacted] didn't see the part about the fact that you're adding a walkthrough soonish :mrgreen: . In addition (this is just a personal preference) I tend to enjoy naming the protagonist as I see fit, so perhaps in future games adding a naming feature would be great.

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?
If this was a commercial game I would probably pay anywhere from $5-10.00 for it, as long as the few grammatical errors were fixed and if I got to choose the name of the protagonist.


P.s. for anyone having trouble for Royal's ending here's a hint:
you have to make sure that you when you have the opportunity you don't eavesdrop when he's talking to Gold.
Does anyone have a hint for Sol? I am having a difficult time attempting to get his best end.

User avatar
riiko08
Regular
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:59 am
Completed: Locked Heart, Cinderella Phenomenon
Organization: DICESUKI
Deviantart: kooriiko
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#6 Post by riiko08 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:43 am

- Eris wrote:OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS? THIS IS FINALLY COMPLETE? OMG!!!
I was about to watch a ghosts show 'cause I didn't have anything to do and was bored as hell and then I randomly opened my email and saw the notification of the game, I was dying to plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay it!!!! Seriously!!!!! You saved my night!!!! TT-TT
Btw CONGRATS!!! I'm sure the game is going to be awesome!!!
Now, let's go play it, finally TT-TT <3


Aww... Thank you so much! I really hope you'll enjoy it //sobs

Cathelinde wrote:1. What do you think of the story?
I loved the story very much! The story was deep and meaningful, even though I realised from the start that
the locket was related to Gold's heart.
I found myself invested deeply in the story, growing to care for all of the characters involved. All the bears were really sweet and I enjoyed every route! The art was gorgeous, though the music grew to be slightly repetitive. Very well written and engaging ^^

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?
I actually liked Royal's route the best, even though I started out being biased towards Sol. I think it was because he was such a cute grumpy jealous bear that I really couldn't help but tease him :3 One thing that really frustrated me was not being able to get the best ends for both Royal and Sol, even though I tried many different choices many many times... Is it possible for a walkthrough/guide to be released? ;-;

3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*
I think Deon's route was the one that was the least fleshed out, and I didn't feel as connected to him. Lillie and Miss Maria's character could've been expanded on more, especially in Sol's route where
Lillie just lets you have her man :P
I would've liked more dialogue and expansion on the friendship between Aura and Lillie!

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?
I generally do not play many commercial games, but anything below $5 is pretty worth it for this game :) A very good job, I really enjoyed every second of it!


Thank you so much! You don't know how much it means for us to know that you enjoyed the story //sobs

Yes! We'll definitely release a walkthrough soon!

Well, we wanted to keep this as short as we could (we actually already made it longer than it was originally planned) since this is just our first VN and I don't want to be overly ambitious. We'll do our best to improve more on our future projects though! XD

bekami wrote:Congrats on your first game! That was pretty darn good for a first VN, I'm suuperrr impressed! I've been at it for hours though and the only ending I just can't get is Royal's best end grrr. EDIT: I FINISHED ROYAL'S BEST END. It's almost 5am now so... i'm gonna die now
IM HAPPY AURA FINALLY WENT AFTER HER DREAM JOB. Royal's smirk is so hot.

The ordered I played in was Sol > Deon > Royal
I'm kinda sleepy, so this isn't as detailed as I wanted...

1. What do you think of the story?
I'd say it wasn't anything too uncommon, but I still liked and enjoyed it. I really liked the inspiration of Goldilocks/Beauty and the beast!
I still wonder what the Toy maker meant when she said she watched the D'Lockes family from way before, also do we get to ever see her eyes?? or is that in Royal's best end cus man I'm still trying to get that.


2. Which route did you liked the most and why?
I think my favourite route was Sol's! He was adorable and such a fluffy, blushing mess! I felt lots of doki doki.
And that wedding dress CG hngg (plus lillie's friendship was great) i loveed it. I would say more but his route was the first I did and I my brain doesn't remember it at like 4 in the morning :')

Deon's "kissing" scenes with Aura were really hot. Kinda wish they didn't stop kissing so soon either. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I thought Deon was really cute as a bear, I almost preferred him as a bear to his human self. But, his human self was hot so flirting was more effective LOL. Although, I did start getting a bit irked from being called "Love" so many times after awhile.

Don't kill me, but I was absolutely annoyed with Royal for the first half of his route. I had to take a 10 minute break from the amount of frustration I felt when he called Aura a "Useless freelancer". But, immediately after she snapped at him so that made me feel better xD I left his route last because I thought he was the hottest not gonna lie. I probably would have liked Royal a bit more if he wasn't glaring at Aura every time she was on screen because I was like dude... pls, why you gotta be so rude--

Also... I kinda explored the game folder a bit, hope you don't mind and discovered the psd with all the CGs... aha. I noticed that a couple CGs don't appear in the game...? At least, I'm pretty sure one of Sol's CG doesn't appear in the game since I completely unlocked his gallery.


3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*
I noticed very, very minor grammatical or tense mistakes. They barely showed up and I only came across them once every blue moon lol This is your first game (and free at that!) so I'm not going to complain about the length, which was fine btw, I'm just so used to playing games that take me days now :') If it had been longer though I would just want the relationships to flesh out more. I really love the art. A LOT. I could stare at it all day *q* Aura was a great heroine too. Let me also say I loved the writing and nice pick of ost! I should shut up now, but let me compliment the GUI it was really fitting (and that nice main menu surprise heh)

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?
I'd say $10~$15? This game was also so much better than a game I bought recently for about that price so thank you for healing me with this... now off to get that last ending


Congrats on getting all the endings! I salute you! (because I'm actually bad at getting the endings unless I have a guide //sobs)

About the toymaker, it's more like she knew about the distress within the d'Lockes household because of their father so she has been observing what was happening there. Knowing that the Lord will continue his cruel ways, she tested him by appearing one day and asking for help. I wish I could tell more from the toymaker's perspective though but I needed to keep the story short. (and this was already longer than I originally planned)


Royal's my fave though! (//has a thing for tsuntsun characters) But yeah. He can be very mean and rude at the beginning ;_;
But I'm glad that you enjoyed Sol and Deon's route XD

I do wish we can make it longer, but I didn't want to be too ambitious for a first game because I'll only feel bad if we didn't finish it. We already have a few projects lined up though and one of them is definitely a longer one *v*

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments! I'm so happy you enjoyed it QwQ

SkyBlueAzure wrote:First I want to say how much I absolutely wanted to play this as soon I saw the premise. I absolutely adore anything that has to do with fairy tails and old nursery rhymes (not to mention that art is gorgeous).

QUESTIONS

1. What do you think of the story?
I absolutely loved the story. I thought that, for the length of the VN it was incredibly fleshed out and I felt myself caring for each individual character. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the heroines character she was lovable and had just enough spunk to keep her interesting. I enjoyed the characters

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?
The first story arc that I played was Royal's. I was going to leave him for last, because when looking at the picture and the character synopsis I thought I would like him the most, but in the end I couldn't resist his glare :lol: . This turned out to be my favourite route, my heart throbbed with sadness
at the ending of his route when the protagonist was going to leave to let Gold and him be happy because she believed that he was still in love with Gold
. Nearly made me cry it was so emotional; also I'm a sucker for stories like that. It took me a couple tries to not get his normal end, but in the end it was worth it.
The second route I played was Deon's. I thought his character was fairly interesting and ended up liking him more than I thought I would
(especially because of the kiss scene :oops: woah mama)
.
I'm still playing Sol's route at the moment, his ending is proving to be much more difficult than I thought. I don't normally enjoy playing 'prince' story arcs, but I found his character compelling.

3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*
EDIT: [redacted] didn't see the part about the fact that you're adding a walkthrough soonish :mrgreen: . In addition (this is just a personal preference) I tend to enjoy naming the protagonist as I see fit, so perhaps in future games adding a naming feature would be great.

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?
If this was a commercial game I would probably pay anywhere from $5-10.00 for it, as long as the few grammatical errors were fixed and if I got to choose the name of the protagonist.


P.s. for anyone having trouble for Royal's ending here's a hint:
you have to make sure that you when you have the opportunity you don't eavesdrop when he's talking to Gold.
Does anyone have a hint for Sol? I am having a difficult time attempting to get his best end.


Woah! I'm happy that you enjoyed it XD

We made sure that every route's story is equally interesting, so I'm glad you're liking them so far ;_;
We'll definitely post a walkthrough soon for everyone who's having a hard time getting the best ends XD
For a first game, I wanted to keep it simple thus the reason why we took out the name change feature, but we'll definitely include them in our future games.

Thank you so, so much for taking the time to play our game. *v*

User avatar
Bellethiel
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:46 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#7 Post by Bellethiel » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:12 pm

I played in Royal (normal end) -> Sol (normal end) -> Deon (normal end) -> Deon (best end) -> Royal (best end) -> Sol (best end) order.

Let me tell you tho, getting Royal's best ending drove me crazy.

But it was worth it, I absolutly adore my main menu cg now.

In my opinion for first game it was great job. Well done.

Question time:

1. In general I liked it, even if it was cliche at times. Some parts were also quite easy to figure out early on. For example
I started off with Royal's route, and I knew he had a thing for Gold the moment he was pouting next to the mirror
. Good job with wrapping up the story, even tho game isn't really long. I loved the fairytale feel, when it came to whole curse buisness.

2. I would say... Deon, which was a big surprise for me. I was convinced I will like Royal most since tsundere for life and all but in the end that was not the case.

Why?

Firstly, he is the only one who does not have another girl around him. Royal has hots for Gold, and Lilly has hots for Sol so it felt kinda awkward at times.
I was kinda sceptical when it came to this love at first sight thing, but since he was lonely fella I guess it makes sense in a way.
I think only in this route Aura really comes to terms with her dad's death? I really liked it.
I also liked the fact that in this route Sol had to actually take some time after talking with Deon, before forgiving him. Deon's freindship with Royal was also nice addon. I also liked how Aura didn't have a chance to feel insecure about being in the house after everything was over since Deon is all like LET ME LOVE YOU.


3. There was only one thing which really bugged me. It might be just my personal preference though.

I didn't like how Royal was "accidentialy" showing his softer side right from the start. He is supposed to be grumpy to hide his feelings, isolate himself from people and all that, and yet in one of the first scenes he manages to stand next to mirror lost in thought, sad looking, mumbling about his devotion to Gold, while Aura is watching him. He had few moments like that, when in my opinion he was opening his heart to fast, just to be like OH SNAP I DIDN'T MEAN TO SAY THAT, seconds later.
Aside from that, since I love my tsunderes sad puppy looks, I loved him anyway (he lost to Deon tho!).


4. Err... I usually stay away from commercial games since currency exchange ratio is making them ridiculously expensive for me killing me.

mysticichigo
Regular
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#8 Post by mysticichigo » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:05 pm

When I saw that this was moved into the 'completed games' forum, it made my day. I'll definitely be playing this as soon as I can!

User avatar
VocaloidsRCool
Regular
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:10 pm
Location: Isn't this dangerous to give out online? O_o
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#9 Post by VocaloidsRCool » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:36 pm

I was so happy to see this game, that I couldn't help, but comment after only playing one route. It is definitely original, and sweet. It's a mix of a fairy tale and real life; and since my family and I have relationship issues, I can relate to the characters as well. I like how there is a happy and serious mix. The plot is bittersweet, and you don't sugarcoat anything. I think that's cool. Overall, it's great so far! Keep up the good work~

User avatar
Amiralo
Regular
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:06 am
Completed: What's your name? : 2017 nano reno, Saccharine: a misleading sim date. Reverie: an odd simdate. Where adabans grow: an asian simdate. Monochrome and colors.
Projects: The Coffinbearer's Handbook, Deus Vult: an otome,
Organization: Amiralo
Deviantart: Amiralo
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#10 Post by Amiralo » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:28 pm

I am dying trying to get Sol and Royal's best end. HEEEELLLLLP
My deviant art (where you can look at the embarrassing sim dates I have made). http://amiralo.deviantart.com/

My current project: Image
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=40569

User avatar
TheOneTwo
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:29 am
Location: The World of Pure Awesomeness
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#11 Post by TheOneTwo » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:29 am

I haven't yet finished all the endings~ aww but I managed to get Deon's best ending and I was so pleased with it. :lol: :lol:
So, off to your QUESTIONS :D
1. What do you think of the story?
The story is nice, I mean at first i think the d'Lockes as a surname was really funny. Whenever they mention the name Gold, I always unintentionally read it in my mind as Goldilocks. xD However,
it was really sad. Regarding the father dying with hatred in his heart and his children bearing the curse for 7 years. And Deon's past was so deep. Like he sacrificed his name for the sake of his siblings and that was really nice of him.
The story is very touching. You did well. *claps like a seal*

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?
I can't say much about this one since I only tried Deon because he's my type 8) His flirty acts were indeed very weird when he was still a bear, but it changed when he turned back to a human. Man, was he hot.

3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*
Hmm... I couldn't say much criticisms.. but maybe the thing with the screen being stuck after saving and stuff was sorta bothering. But you guys already know that so I guess it wouldn't matter.

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?
I haven't bought a commercial game all my life due to the absence of a debit/credit card in my life so... I don't really know the right thing to say about here. But i think it would be... uhm.. $3?
Bish please, I'm fab.
Image

scarlet62
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:08 am
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#12 Post by scarlet62 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:27 am

i was really attracted when i first saw this on the Progress board and to see this is finished already, i feel true happiness thx u very much XD

i've played all routes and i must say, this is definitely not a boring game where a storyline is mainly same on every routes and you will just see any changeable dialog when you are with ur boys xD every route has its own story like you said and i like it very much thx u, this definitely worth of my time <3 <3 oh and as for your question:

1. What do you think of the story?

i like the story concept, a lot actually. but what really made me to play this game is your art, they're definitely amazing and stunning for me. and i can't lie but i think miss maria is the most beautiful one here, even gold cannot be compared to her :lol:

i always love everything related to panda and bear, and so this is much like a heavenly-game to me hahaha but i actually want to know more about the toy maker, and why would she can curse the family and how aura's parent looks like and etc. but overall, your story is good and i would love to play their story longer if i can! ^^

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?

oh boy. i thought that i will love royal all the way since he's really my type BUT BUT THAT
    DAMN
DEON CHANGE ME.

i really like his route like
His route was really a deep and amusing one for me. i do love royal for his tsundereness but his route was just exactly i predicted so he's not staying on my heart longer than i expected especially after i played deon's route. it is really hard to be deon as he sacrifice everything but then everyone hate him omg let me love you<3 and that scene when you wake up just to see him sleeping beside you with his attrative face, i would play many times just to see it. and how he is also similar to aura just to get attention, and how his kissing scene is really the best one, i think. really, he is a protecting responsible flirty loving man i ever know. and i do think deon seems like a main guy since he always get a proper role on every routes, and this is just my naughty thought but i think it would fit if SolXLillie RoyalXGold anddd of course DeonXAura hahaha :lol: i mean you know what i meant right? since Lillie has feeling for Sol but Sol just pretend he doesn't know, and then Royal and Gold who already look like a perfect knight and princess and nobody can't disturb them, then poor Deon if he doesn't have any girl, and for that purpose Aura shall come to D'locke family to love the lonely vulnerable Deon hahaaha <3 <3


but anyway i can't get sol's best ending, like i tried everything and i still can't get it.

3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*

i think i'm okay with your storyline and choices on every routes except for Sol's Route. i get the storyline, but somehow i feel something cliche along the way to his end. but well maybe it just because i don't get his best ending yet, gotta try it again<3

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?

as much i want to say that i don't like commercial game, i would like to say maybe 5$ ? you know i don't have any experiences with debit/credit card and also paypal, so if this is become a commercial game i will not be able to play it:") i mean i know many great otome games out there but i can't touch it, broke money and many reason. but well, good luck on ur future game, i'm looking forward to play ur game again! ^^

anyway in the gallery i tried to click the main menu picture but it said that the "cg mainmenu" cannot be found and the image didn't pop out.
well i'll wait for your walkthrough for sol's best ending and complete his CG gallery, or maybe someone can help me? hahahaha XD

scarlet62
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:08 am
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#13 Post by scarlet62 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:34 am

Amiralo wrote:I am dying trying to get Sol and Royal's best end. HEEEELLLLLP



oh i already figured this and to see royal's best end you must
choose not to stay and leave him alone with gold when you caught him talking sorry or what at the room


i think you will get it by doing this?;3

MissMikko
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:21 am
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#14 Post by MissMikko » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:26 am

I'm having a really hard time with getting sol's good ending I only get normal endings...help?

User avatar
riiko08
Regular
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:59 am
Completed: Locked Heart, Cinderella Phenomenon
Organization: DICESUKI
Deviantart: kooriiko
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#15 Post by riiko08 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:30 am

Bellethiel wrote:I played in Royal (normal end) -> Sol (normal end) -> Deon (normal end) -> Deon (best end) -> Royal (best end) -> Sol (best end) order.

Let me tell you tho, getting Royal's best ending drove me crazy.

But it was worth it, I absolutly adore my main menu cg now.

In my opinion for first game it was great job. Well done.

Question time:

1. In general I liked it, even if it was cliche at times. Some parts were also quite easy to figure out early on. For example
I started off with Royal's route, and I knew he had a thing for Gold the moment he was pouting next to the mirror
. Good job with wrapping up the story, even tho game isn't really long. I loved the fairytale feel, when it came to whole curse buisness.

2. I would say... Deon, which was a big surprise for me. I was convinced I will like Royal most since tsundere for life and all but in the end that was not the case.

Why?

Firstly, he is the only one who does not have another girl around him. Royal has hots for Gold, and Lilly has hots for Sol so it felt kinda awkward at times.
I was kinda sceptical when it came to this love at first sight thing, but since he was lonely fella I guess it makes sense in a way.
I think only in this route Aura really comes to terms with her dad's death? I really liked it.
I also liked the fact that in this route Sol had to actually take some time after talking with Deon, before forgiving him. Deon's freindship with Royal was also nice addon. I also liked how Aura didn't have a chance to feel insecure about being in the house after everything was over since Deon is all like LET ME LOVE YOU.


3. There was only one thing which really bugged me. It might be just my personal preference though.

I didn't like how Royal was "accidentialy" showing his softer side right from the start. He is supposed to be grumpy to hide his feelings, isolate himself from people and all that, and yet in one of the first scenes he manages to stand next to mirror lost in thought, sad looking, mumbling about his devotion to Gold, while Aura is watching him. He had few moments like that, when in my opinion he was opening his heart to fast, just to be like OH SNAP I DIDN'T MEAN TO SAY THAT, seconds later.
Aside from that, since I love my tsunderes sad puppy looks, I loved him anyway (he lost to Deon tho!).


4. Err... I usually stay away from commercial games since currency exchange ratio is making them ridiculously expensive for me killing me.


Wow! You got all the endings! Hooray for you XD

Honestly, the thought of Deon having no love interest didn't even crossed my mind OTL (and he's the flirty one!).
I tried to unlock bits of each character's past/story per route to make playing all the routes worthwhile. I'm glad you liked Deon's story *v*

As for Royal, I love tsun tsun characters as well, but given the length of the story we're aiming, the progression will be very slow if Royal would always remain grumpy and I didn't want to make the players feel "rushed" when Royal is all grumpy at the beginning and then suddenly becomes so sweet at the end. So I had to gradually let Royal open up. (I hope you get what I mean. I suck at explaining OTL)


Thank you so much for playing! //cries

mysticichigo wrote:When I saw that this was moved into the 'completed games' forum, it made my day. I'll definitely be playing this as soon as I can!


I can't wait to hear your thoughts! QwQ

VocaloidsRCool wrote:I was so happy to see this game, that I couldn't help, but comment after only playing one route. It is definitely original, and sweet. It's a mix of a fairy tale and real life; and since my family and I have relationship issues, I can relate to the characters as well. I like how there is a happy and serious mix. The plot is bittersweet, and you don't sugarcoat anything. I think that's cool. Overall, it's great so far! Keep up the good work~


Just curious though, which route did you played? Anyway, I do hope you'll try to play the rest of the route to learn more about the story *v* Thank you so much!

Amiralo wrote:I am dying trying to get Sol and Royal's best end. HEEEELLLLLP


Awww... There, there. We'll have a walkthrough up soon! (since it's just 2 days since the game was released OTL)

TheOneTwo wrote:I haven't yet finished all the endings~ aww but I managed to get Deon's best ending and I was so pleased with it. :lol: :lol:
So, off to your QUESTIONS :D
1. What do you think of the story?
The story is nice, I mean at first i think the d'Lockes as a surname was really funny. Whenever they mention the name Gold, I always unintentionally read it in my mind as Goldilocks. xD However,
it was really sad. Regarding the father dying with hatred in his heart and his children bearing the curse for 7 years. And Deon's past was so deep. Like he sacrificed his name for the sake of his siblings and that was really nice of him.
The story is very touching. You did well. *claps like a seal*

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?
I can't say much about this one since I only tried Deon because he's my type 8) His flirty acts were indeed very weird when he was still a bear, but it changed when he turned back to a human. Man, was he hot.

3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*
Hmm... I couldn't say much criticisms.. but maybe the thing with the screen being stuck after saving and stuff was sorta bothering. But you guys already know that so I guess it wouldn't matter.

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?
I haven't bought a commercial game all my life due to the absence of a debit/credit card in my life so... I don't really know the right thing to say about here. But i think it would be... uhm.. $3?


Ahhh~~ Thank you so much! I didn't want Deon to be that typical "flirty" guy and it was fun coming up with his story. My writers are really amazing as they were able to convey what I had in mind for each route *v*

I'm not very good at codes (they hate me actually as much as I want to love them) but my programmer has helped a lot with the complicated bits. But since she's also still a beginner with renpy, we couldn't solve that one problem //sobs. Hopefully it will be better on our next games XD

scarlet62 wrote:i was really attracted when i first saw this on the Progress board and to see this is finished already, i feel true happiness thx u very much XD

i've played all routes and i must say, this is definitely not a boring game where a storyline is mainly same on every routes and you will just see any changeable dialog when you are with ur boys xD every route has its own story like you said and i like it very much thx u, this definitely worth of my time <3 <3 oh and as for your question:

1. What do you think of the story?

i like the story concept, a lot actually. but what really made me to play this game is your art, they're definitely amazing and stunning for me. and i can't lie but i think miss maria is the most beautiful one here, even gold cannot be compared to her :lol:

i always love everything related to panda and bear, and so this is much like a heavenly-game to me hahaha but i actually want to know more about the toy maker, and why would she can curse the family and how aura's parent looks like and etc. but overall, your story is good and i would love to play their story longer if i can! ^^

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?

oh boy. i thought that i will love royal all the way since he's really my type BUT BUT THAT
    DAMN
DEON CHANGE ME.

i really like his route like
His route was really a deep and amusing one for me. i do love royal for his tsundereness but his route was just exactly i predicted so he's not staying on my heart longer than i expected especially after i played deon's route. it is really hard to be deon as he sacrifice everything but then everyone hate him omg let me love you<3 and that scene when you wake up just to see him sleeping beside you with his attrative face, i would play many times just to see it. and how he is also similar to aura just to get attention, and how his kissing scene is really the best one, i think. really, he is a protecting responsible flirty loving man i ever know. and i do think deon seems like a main guy since he always get a proper role on every routes, and this is just my naughty thought but i think it would fit if SolXLillie RoyalXGold anddd of course DeonXAura hahaha :lol: i mean you know what i meant right? since Lillie has feeling for Sol but Sol just pretend he doesn't know, and then Royal and Gold who already look like a perfect knight and princess and nobody can't disturb them, then poor Deon if he doesn't have any girl, and for that purpose Aura shall come to D'locke family to love the lonely vulnerable Deon hahaaha <3 <3


but anyway i can't get sol's best ending, like i tried everything and i still can't get it.

3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*

i think i'm okay with your storyline and choices on every routes except for Sol's Route. i get the storyline, but somehow i feel something cliche along the way to his end. but well maybe it just because i don't get his best ending yet, gotta try it again<3

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?

as much i want to say that i don't like commercial game, i would like to say maybe 5$ ? you know i don't have any experiences with debit/credit card and also paypal, so if this is become a commercial game i will not be able to play it:") i mean i know many great otome games out there but i can't touch it, broke money and many reason. but well, good luck on ur future game, i'm looking forward to play ur game again! ^^

anyway in the gallery i tried to click the main menu picture but it said that the "cg mainmenu" cannot be found and the image didn't pop out.
well i'll wait for your walkthrough for sol's best ending and complete his CG gallery, or maybe someone can help me? hahahaha XD


Yay! I'm so happy to hear that! I haven't played much otome games since most of the ones I wanted to play are in Japanese //weeps. But I do reviews of them and one of the complaints I always read about is having a "copy/pasta" story for each route and I didn't want that. I want every route to be unique and interesting *v*

Ah yes. Deon is <3
I really wanted his to have a deep story like there is something greater behind that flirty facade of his XD I admit that he has the best kiss scene and I really enjoyed drawing that XD. Out of the three, his kiss scene is so much fitting because of his character, so yeah. :D


We'll release a walkthrough soon! That CG will only appear once you get all the best ends :D

Thank you so much for playing!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Grinsekatze, xxx1animefreak1xxx