Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
JinTonic
Regular

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#46 Post by JinTonic »

I really didn't want to sound rude in my previous comment) the game had its minuses but I enjoyed it a lot anyway)

VanessaNellyn

#47 Post by VanessaNellyn »

Wow! When I first saw this VN, I was like, "What the.... It's free? It seems so professionally made!!"
Also, I might be late but congratulations on finishing Locked Heart! I'm looking forward to your other works!! :lol: Now on to the questions...

1. What do you think of the story?

I think it's quite refreshing. It made me remember some stories I used to watch as a child. And each route was pleasant and had astonishing features! Not too obvious and definitely not gloomy to look at.

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?

Deon's. I luuurve him! :D
True, he seems very loose and has a play-boyish nature, but I just couldn't forget how he shouldered all the responsibilities of being an older brother, even to the point where he sacrificed his well-being. And I think he's the type to love only one person in his whole lifetime since he's so smitten with Aura. But he also takes after his father... He will surely lose a part of himself if his loved one dies. (Maybe) :D
3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*

I don't have much to nag on, but you should lengthen the story time. Not in actual (I won't complain since it's free) :P, but inside the story.
Think about it, would you really be smitten with a girl who just appears out of nowhere and acts all kind and funny? If I was a character, I would have shot her bloody glares in her every move....

Also, the personalities of each character seems to be lacking. Lillie for example, an immature girl who 'admires' her prince all day long, suddenly backs out without a fight? I'm quite sure girls her age were delusional and are in love with 'love', so backing off was not supposed to be an option. I still remember the scene where Lillie got angry at Aura when she 'hugged Lillie's prince' without letting go... When Aura was just poking him [a little, no maybe a bit harder].

Lastly, I find Royal [or Royal's route] to be a bit disappointing. It makes you think, "What is love? Is it really just an illusion?" If someone new suddenly barges in my life when I already have someone I'm devoted to.... Would I really change sides that easily? Would I leave the person who opened my heart up and made me laugh again after losing the people I love... to a person who I only met 4 months ago? I don't think love at first sight applies in this rule since Royal already has a woman whom he loves.
Sorry, it wasn't supposed to be this long... I was just so enthusiastic since I'm looking forward to the future stories you'll create... :wink:

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?

If this was as long as a commercial game, and if each bachelor's plot was deep and exciting, I would buy this for $10~$12.

My Opinions:
I really loved your art and creativeness! Every time I go to the menu bar and see that the three bears turn to humans one by one feels very accomplishing! I also loved how the protagonist was a strong-headed and funny girl. The mouse icon was also cute, hehehe... ♥

Ummm... I don't really like a bachelor who is devoted to someone first, then I'll come inside the picture and take him away. For me, it's not romantic, but rude and painful to both parties. Although, I'm still fine with Royal's route since Gold explained to Aura (& Me) that Royal only saw her as an obligation. (Which I highly doubt so, anyway...) :P

CatyCats
Regular

#48 Post by CatyCats »

QUESTIONS
3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*
4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?

1) I loved the story! Like I said it reminded me of my now favourite disney movie, Beauty & the Beast! (I didn't like it as a kid until I watched it when I was a teenager).
2) uhhh the butler one, Royal. I just like it because he's the mean-love type. Always interesting! BUT!!!! The others were also very sweet and beautiful/ unique!
3) hmm, I don't have it really. It was a 3h each route playthrough. I wish it was longer T.T (because I love it so much! BUT it's still plenty of time!!!)
4) Probably around 8-12 euros

riiko08
Regular
Completed: Locked Heart, Cinderella Phenomenon
Organization: DICESUKI
Deviantart: kooriiko

#49 Post by riiko08 »

yato wrote:I just need to say this right now... okay... here we go...
*cough* *cough*
I JUST LOVE THIS GAME WITH ALL MY HEART! REALLY! I fallen in love with the characters and the story, and how this change depending of the route you choose. At first I just sat here screaming because I couldn't reach the best ending, like before you post the walkthrough, I just wanted to cry to be honest x.x but then you post how to reach the best ending and I felt alive again!

1. What do you think of the story? It's really special (if that makes sense), but I will be totally honest:
I think that many people will say you this but Lillie was in love with Sol, but it was so easy and not enough sad when in the route of Sol she discovers that Sol likes Aura... I don't know, I just feel that you could make us cry with that part but you didn't
anyway, the story is cool, really cool, I love it!

2. Which route did you liked the most and why? Royal, definitely. He is my type.
And also I cry with his route???? I swear! when Aura discovers that he was in love with Gold I was crying like a baby u.u I feel so bad, and I still feel sad because I still thinking about it and I just... can't :((((
3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*: I'm not professional or anything x.x so I can't.

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?: I've never pay for a game before so I can't help with that :c I'm sorry

CONGRATULATIONS FOR THIS GAME! IT'S AWESOME!
Thank you thank you for playing!! I'm glad that you enjoyed it, especially Royal's route XD
Shifty wrote:1. What do you think of the story?
I thought it was really cute! I love stories based on fairy tales, so I was pretty excited to play this when I first saw it.

2. Which route did you like the most and why?
Just based on story, probably Deon's, but Royal was my favourite character. Deon's is probably the strongest on its own, since it dealt with resolving the curse plot and the issues between the two brothers.
Royal's more my type (*cough* >.>) but he felt a bit tacked-on, especially with the mention at the end of the brothers' conflict resolving itself. I thought his guilt made sense, but he would've fit into the overarching plot better if he ended up helping Aura deal with the brothers. His feelings just didn't seem nearly as strong as either brother's.
I enjoyed Sol's route, but I don't particularly like the "princely" type. I did like the fact that you didn't go into Deon's past in the route, leaving just the reactions to it.

3. Any constructive criticism? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*
I feel like it could have been longer, with more interactions between the other characters. Because the game's so short it doesn't feel like she's stuck in the mansion for very long.
I also didn't like the dreams with the Toymaker; it didn't feel like Aura actually accomplished anything on her own. I feel like she could have either put together the connection between her locket and Gold's heart, at least, or have broken the curse incidentally while trying to help the brothers reconcile. It's not a huge issue, but I think it would've given her character a little more agency.
And, as others have pointed out, there are a few grammatical errors. When Deon calls Aura "Love" in his route it's inconsistently capitalized, and there isn't always a comma where it should be. There are other mistakes occasionally but that one stood out to me.

It is fairly short, but once the routes split they're entirely unique, without reused scenes or dialogue. You could theoretically split it into a prologue and three stories and sell them separately, at about $3-5 per route, so $10-15 makes sense.

Sorry if I sound overly critical! >_< There were a tonne of things I loved about it, too. The art's super cute, and I loved the shading (as weird as that sounds). I thought the characters having eyelashes the same colour as their eyes was a neat idea, and it really made them pop (especially on Royal >_>;). And just overall I had a good time playing it. I'll be looking forward to your next release.
Awww.... Thank you so much for the feedback! I'll definitely take note of them!
Our next ambitious game is another one based on fairytales so stay tuned!

There are so much that needed improvement, but I'm glad that you guys still enjoyed it despite the mistakes /sobs
JinTonic wrote:I really didn't want to sound rude in my previous comment) the game had its minuses but I enjoyed it a lot anyway)
Oh no! Not at all! I really appreciate your feedback so thank you! *v*
VanessaNellyn wrote:Wow! When I first saw this VN, I was like, "What the.... It's free? It seems so professionally made!!"
Also, I might be late but congratulations on finishing Locked Heart! I'm looking forward to your other works!! :lol: Now on to the questions...

I think it's quite refreshing. It made me remember some stories I used to watch as a child. And each route was pleasant and had astonishing features! Not too obvious and definitely not gloomy to look at.

Deon's. I luuurve him! :D
True, he seems very loose and has a play-boyish nature, but I just couldn't forget how he shouldered all the responsibilities of being an older brother, even to the point where he sacrificed his well-being. And I think he's the type to love only one person in his whole lifetime since he's so smitten with Aura. But he also takes after his father... He will surely lose a part of himself if his loved one dies. (Maybe) :D

I don't have much to nag on, but you should lengthen the story time. Not in actual (I won't complain since it's free) :P, but inside the story.
Think about it, would you really be smitten with a girl who just appears out of nowhere and acts all kind and funny? If I was a character, I would have shot her bloody glares in her every move....

Also, the personalities of each character seems to be lacking. Lillie for example, an immature girl who 'admires' her prince all day long, suddenly backs out without a fight? I'm quite sure girls her age were delusional and are in love with 'love', so backing off was not supposed to be an option. I still remember the scene where Lillie got angry at Aura when she 'hugged Lillie's prince' without letting go... When Aura was just poking him [a little, no maybe a bit harder].

Lastly, I find Royal [or Royal's route] to be a bit disappointing. It makes you think, "What is love? Is it really just an illusion?" If someone new suddenly barges in my life when I already have someone I'm devoted to.... Would I really change sides that easily? Would I leave the person who opened my heart up and made me laugh again after losing the people I love... to a person who I only met 4 months ago? I don't think love at first sight applies in this rule since Royal already has a woman whom he loves.
Sorry, it wasn't supposed to be this long... I was just so enthusiastic since I'm looking forward to the future stories you'll create... :wink:

If this was as long as a commercial game, and if each bachelor's plot was deep and exciting, I would buy this for $10~$12.

My Opinions:
I really loved your art and creativeness! Every time I go to the menu bar and see that the three bears turn to humans one by one feels very accomplishing! I also loved how the protagonist was a strong-headed and funny girl. The mouse icon was also cute, hehehe... ♥

Ummm... I don't really like a bachelor who is devoted to someone first, then I'll come inside the picture and take him away. For me, it's not romantic, but rude and painful to both parties. Although, I'm still fine with Royal's route since Gold explained to Aura (& Me) that Royal only saw her as an obligation. (Which I highly doubt so, anyway...) :P
Thank you so much!
About Royal's route, his feelings for Gold has turned into guilt especially after what happened so although he did liked her when they were young, his sense of guilt was stronger than his feelings for her. I should've explained this more //sobs
We shall do our best on our next games! I've been taking notes on all your comments so I know what we should improve on.
Again, thank you so much for playing!
CatyCats wrote:QUESTIONS

1) I loved the story! Like I said it reminded me of my now favourite disney movie, Beauty & the Beast! (I didn't like it as a kid until I watched it when I was a teenager).
2) uhhh the butler one, Royal. I just like it because he's the mean-love type. Always interesting! BUT!!!! The others were also very sweet and beautiful/ unique!
3) hmm, I don't have it really. It was a 3h each route playthrough. I wish it was longer T.T (because I love it so much! BUT it's still plenty of time!!!)
4) Probably around 8-12 euros
Thank you so much! Don't worry! Our next big project is definitely a longer one! *v*b

perdufleur

#50 Post by perdufleur »

This is really like one of the best games I've ever played in my entire life - and I'm not even kidding because I love it too much! Haha. :D

I think it was a pretty unique story. This is the first time I've ever played a game where someone was cursed so that's a plus! Haha. I really loved the plot of the story as well as the stunning visuals. :D
To be honest, I like all of the stories. Haha. But basing on my personal preference of a guy, I guess it would have to be Deon's. Haha. Frankly, he's the only flirty guy I know (that isn't a cassanova). :lol:
Well, personally, the game was a bit short for me. I would have loved it more if it was longer. 8)
Personally, I don't have a credit card so I'd really be sad and would prolly miss my chance to play this awesome ga,e if it'd be commercialized. :( Haha.

Oktolio
Regular
Completed: Heartbaked
Projects: Paint My World Anew, LoveLime!
Organization: https://gourmetvisual.itch.io/
Deviantart: Oktolio

#51 Post by Oktolio »

Ahh, this game. This game :D
I haven't "aww'ed" and "oooh'ed" and laughed so much for quite some time while playing a game :) What a good game. A shame it wasn't longer, though! The only downhill I have, honestly.
The story wasn't really complex, mind-blowing or thought-provoking. But that's okay. Instead it we were met with a family tragedy, a curse, some misunderstandings...covered in a sweet layer with sprinkles on top :) (Great idea for turning them into toys, imho! I wished they stayed in that form for longer though lol). Sometimes the easier, the better. Like here.

My favourite route was Baby Bear's. For me he was a canon bachelor for our MC. No matter what anyone says, that's what I will believe, also because
Royal has a thing for Goldie (aaand he doesn't seem too interested in us tbh; I felt bad when we took Sol from Lillie...even though see didn't protest which was weird, but far better than useless rivalry over a guy
Other than that, he deserved being happy. And the MC fitted perfectly in that role.
Deon captured my heart at the very beginning. He was the first one I got a happy ending with too (even though I did him last ;_;). He was the most ambiguous and, well, "tormented" by life, so obviously he was my #1 boy. And when he flirted with MC...oh Baby Bear. Other than that, I think he was the only one that joked around instead of either brooding or being too "soft", so that a plus too. The best boys are joker boys, always.

The art was fine. Too anime-like for my taste (MC has huge eyes!! Not mentioning Lillie!!) but it isn't really that much important, as long as it conveys feelings of a character right. For your future projects however, may I suggest trying more complicated plot? Like a mystery-solving one, with some kind of danger lurking behind the characters? I think you could pull a theme like that off (Toy Maker's debut maybe?) :D

ipepeytsu10
Projects: A Story

#52 Post by ipepeytsu10 »

I like you're game but I can't play now because I have a problem with your game,
1. As I open your game's for first time, there are show box which says I have to updated my DirectX because the game use rendering and I have updated my DirectX (I'm using DirectX 9) but as I restrat the game, the box is show again.
2. And then, I click 'continue, without warning' and because of that, the game is like the picture in attachment.

Can you give me solution? because I want to play your game >_<
Attachments
Untitled.png

DrSchizo
Regular
Tumblr: ninesquarezone

#53 Post by DrSchizo »

You can play to the online version that should work on any computer. It doesn't use DirectX or any specific software but a simple internet browser.

SilkSpider

#54 Post by SilkSpider »

Not impressed with the walkthrough, some steps are missing, making it easy to mess up one step and not get the desired ending.

riiko08
Regular

#55 Post by riiko08 »

perdufleur wrote:This is really like one of the best games I've ever played in my entire life - and I'm not even kidding because I love it too much! Haha. :D

I think it was a pretty unique story. This is the first time I've ever played a game where someone was cursed so that's a plus! Haha. I really loved the plot of the story as well as the stunning visuals. :D
To be honest, I like all of the stories. Haha. But basing on my personal preference of a guy, I guess it would have to be Deon's. Haha. Frankly, he's the only flirty guy I know (that isn't a cassanova). :lol:
Well, personally, the game was a bit short for me. I would have loved it more if it was longer. 8)
Personally, I don't have a credit card so I'd really be sad and would prolly miss my chance to play this awesome ga,e if it'd be commercialized. :( Haha.
OMG! You're too nice! I'm so happy you consider this as one of the best you've played //cries
This was really just a short game but don't worry! A longer game is in the works now!
Thank you so much for playing!
Oktolio wrote:Ahh, this game. This game :D
I haven't "aww'ed" and "oooh'ed" and laughed so much for quite some time while playing a game :) What a good game. A shame it wasn't longer, though! The only downhill I have, honestly.
The story wasn't really complex, mind-blowing or thought-provoking. But that's okay. Instead it we were met with a family tragedy, a curse, some misunderstandings...covered in a sweet layer with sprinkles on top :) (Great idea for turning them into toys, imho! I wished they stayed in that form for longer though lol). Sometimes the easier, the better. Like here.

My favourite route was Baby Bear's. For me he was a canon bachelor for our MC. No matter what anyone says, that's what I will believe, also because
Royal has a thing for Goldie (aaand he doesn't seem too interested in us tbh; I felt bad when we took Sol from Lillie...even though see didn't protest which was weird, but far better than useless rivalry over a guy
Other than that, he deserved being happy. And the MC fitted perfectly in that role.
Deon captured my heart at the very beginning. He was the first one I got a happy ending with too (even though I did him last ;_;). He was the most ambiguous and, well, "tormented" by life, so obviously he was my #1 boy. And when he flirted with MC...oh Baby Bear. Other than that, I think he was the only one that joked around instead of either brooding or being too "soft", so that a plus too. The best boys are joker boys, always.

The art was fine. Too anime-like for my taste (MC has huge eyes!! Not mentioning Lillie!!) but it isn't really that much important, as long as it conveys feelings of a character right. For your future projects however, may I suggest trying more complicated plot? Like a mystery-solving one, with some kind of danger lurking behind the characters? I think you could pull a theme like that off (Toy Maker's debut maybe?) :D
Ahh~ Thank you so much! I wanted the story to be as simple as possible with just enough twist to make it unique. (because a complicated plot meant that it would be longer and we're just aiming for a short game)
For the art, I apologize if it wasn't your taste, but unfortunately, my art style has always been anime style, so... yeah QvQ
ipepeytsu10 wrote:I like you're game but I can't play now because I have a problem with your game,
1. As I open your game's for first time, there are show box which says I have to updated my DirectX because the game use rendering and I have updated my DirectX (I'm using DirectX 9) but as I restrat the game, the box is show again.
2. And then, I click 'continue, without warning' and because of that, the game is like the picture in attachment.

Can you give me solution? because I want to play your game >_<
Oh my! I'm not good at this. Ummm... Do you have the latest version of ren'py?
SilkSpider wrote:Not impressed with the walkthrough, some steps are missing, making it easy to mess up one step and not get the desired ending.
Oops! I admit that I did miss one choice in Royal's route. I apologize for that. I've rechecked everything and that's the only one I missed so I'm wondering what you meant by "some".

riiko08
Regular

#56 Post by riiko08 »

I made a poll guys! If you have time, please answer? *v*

http://otomedice.weebly.com/locked-hear ... rough.html

SilkSpider

#57 Post by SilkSpider »

What do you think of the story?

I absolutely LOVE it! I've always adored fairytales and fairytale inspired things, and I think this story puts a very charming and creative spin on both a classic fairy tale, as well as many of the typical fairy tale story mechanics.

Which route did you liked the most and why?

Deon because he's so adorably mushy. Love it.

Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*

I found this VN to be of exceptional quality - the art style is gorgeous, and the grammatical and spelling errors are very few compared to many other VN's I've played. I'm not a fan of Royal or Sol's routes because I feel the romantic aspect of their sides of the story is kind of lacking not very well paced, but they are very enjoyable nonetheless. The only thing that actually disappointed me is that is rather short, but of course, I appreciate quality over quantity.

Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?

Erm... 10$ ish?

Cindersky

#58 Post by Cindersky »

I enjoyed the storyline very much. Not only was it unique, but you could definitely tell that a lot of work has been put into this project. There aren't many Visual Novels that involve this much character development, which Locked Heart has plenty of. Also, the visuals are stunning if I may add.

To be completely honest, I'm having a hard time choosing which route I liked the most. I have to admit that Deon's route was very amusing, but I don't think it was my favorite. Sol's was sweet and I liked that he was reliable, but I'd have to go with Royal's route because his jealousy is the cutest thing ever.

Hmm... I would've loved it if it was longer. Oh, and it'd be wonderful if maybe we were able to explore other areas inside the barrier besides the Rose Garden.

I'm not old enough to have a credit card or anything, so most likely I wouldn't of bought it. However, if I decided to do so in the long run, maybe ten dollars at maximum? I'm not good at pricing things, but I think ten dollars is a good amount of money for a commercial game, despite the fact that I haven't exactly boughten any before...

Other: Great job on the game, and I'm looking forward to the next one! (If another one will be produced, of course.)

cookie

#59 Post by cookie »

I played this game a few days ago and I must say I just love it. It's difficult to find a good free game, and I'm really grateful to you for doing this. The art is beautiful and I really liked the story; I think the part that is original is that everything changes according to the route you choose. It's nice because once you get all the endings you just put the pieces together and, oh, God, what a great game!

1. I think it's original. I love how the protagonist is the one who fixes everything, in fact, I just like the protagonist (that is weird because generally most of the games I've played I hate the protagonist)
2. Definitely Royal. I cried with his story. I think I had already commented this when this game was in "work in progress" and I said that Royal would be my favorite... And now it's true!
3. I have nothing constructive to say, sorry. I'm currently working on my first project and I'm crying (the good crying, I mean)
4. Maybe $10 or $15. The story is good, the art is good... In fact, I'm surprised that you haven't put a price....

Thanks for this!!! I've cried a lot! (Especially with Royal)
x

eternalwishess
Regular

#60 Post by eternalwishess »

- cute graphics & artwork
- lovely concept and dialogue
The plot has a lot of potential for something deep, but it was good for a cutesy game.

For some reason I keep ending up on the guys I don't want to go after... I still haven't gone through Deon's, which is who I want to get.

Interesting how Royal's demeanor can be snappy towards the family that he serves...and also towards an outsider. Normally, butlers give off the impression that they are reserved and well mannered.

3. Any constructive criticisms?
Just wanted to point out that it's hard to follow which characters are talking when there's no color assigned to their names. Perhaps it's just my own personal issue, but I couldn't follow the text smoothly without it.

To be honest...$5.00?
Call me αίкσ, hehe. C: