Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Alia
Regular

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#76 Post by Alia »

The art was beautiful, the heorine wasn't terribly anime-cliché, and the guys were fine, but for me what really sold the story was... well, the story. Your blending of “Goldilocks” with “Beauty and the Beast” was inspired. Drawing on both stories added richness without making things feel complicated.
There were some really thoughtful touches, such as
how Gold, like the Beast, grew roses, and the flower featured in both Royal and Sol's routes (if it was also in Deon's, I didn't catch it.) Or how the gold heart locket contained the heart of Gold d'Lockes. And the locket was locked closed by a locked heart (the guys not wanting to heal and move on.)
2 I liked Royal best, which is odd since I normally dislike tsundere characters. Maybe he's an exception because he isn't consistently a jerk for the entire first hour of gameplay, the way some of 'em are.

3 Constructive criticism
The only time I found something truly jarring was
on Sol's route when the point of view suddenly stopped being Aura's. After the “You'll be able to cut the ties/I'll cut the string” conversation Aura left the hallway, and suddenly we jump from first-person (I) to third-person (he/she/they) narration. While the closer look at the relationship between the brothers was interesting, the screeching change of POV meant that, for me anyway, it actually detracted from the whole. Personally, I'd suggest staying completely in first-person or completely in third-person, even if you can't include everything you want. Or if you really need both POVs, perhaps there's some way to make the change less jarring?)
I would like some endings where she ends up alone, or heartbroken, or having failed to break the curse. Triumph is sweeter when tragedy's close.
4 If I had paid $10 for this game, I would certainly have felt it was worth the price. The difficulty is that if it had cost money I probably wouldn't have tried the game; I've gotten chary of purchasing otome games since half the ones I've bought have been disappointing.

Some folks said it felt rushed or short, but it didn't seem that way to me. Perhaps because it's fairytale-inspired, and the pacing is spot-on for a fairytale.
Thank you so very much for making this game. It's joining my list of favorite VNs, and I'm eagerly looking forward to playing whatever you finish next!
Last edited by Alia on Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

maria-chaaan
Completed: My Friend Who Came From the Forest
Projects: My Friend Who Came From the Forest
Organization: PlayHaus
Tumblr: itsmariachaaan
Deviantart: mariachaaan

#77 Post by maria-chaaan »

1. What do you think of the story?
I think the story was really nice. It was written very creatively and how mysterious the curse is. It was really quite lovely overall.

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?
Well, initially, I was captivated by Sol, but then Royal's route came in lovelier, but Deon's route is my favorite <3 *me and my unfaithful heart*

3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*
Honestly, I think everything was neatly organized. I like the pacing (though I think others feel it was rushed). I also liked the graphics so for Locked Heart, I don't really have any criticisms to impart. I enjoyed everything :3

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?
I would pay maybe $10 to $15 for the whole game. I hate paying per route like other mobile otome games. >__<

Please make some more~!

ThatGirlAnastaysia
Tumblr: thatgirlanastaysia

#78 Post by ThatGirlAnastaysia »

I loved this so much okay

It was a really interesting take on the typical fairytale and I really enjoyed it.

I'm so in love with Royal it's not even funny he's honestly exactly my time where can I find him irl

3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects
I can't think of anything that hasn't already been said I just really wanted to let you know that I enjoyed it immensely

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it
I never have money, so I honestly wouldn't have touched it had it been commercial, but if I could have paid any maybe between $5 and $10 roughly because it was great but I don't think VNs/sims should be worth that much in general so tbh that's pretty high for me

PuffBun
Regular
Deviantart: kasey-puff

#79 Post by PuffBun »

I adore this game~! I liked it beary much it! :wink: The art is really good, and the story is very intriguing! One of my favorites! I loved everything about this game from the music the BG's the CG's the character design the theme the bear puns! I could go on and on... a-anyways great job!, I can't wait for your next otome work! :D

Miyazaki Momoko

#80 Post by Miyazaki Momoko »

YAHAAAAAAAAA WAZZUP EARTHLINGS

ONE WORD; GENIUS. HA. So bootipul I cri eberitiem. ;w; Really tho, I love spin-offs or crossover fairytales, especially when it's modernized and didn't copy directly from the source :) BELIEVE ME. I LOOOOOOVE IT. IT'S BEEN A WHILE I FULLY LOVED A GAME FROM LEMMASOFT, BUT THIS ONE IS REALLY SOME *thumbs up* MATERIAL. //that awkward moment when you play this in your room with two teddybears sitting beside tho. I'll never look at them the same way again lol//

Before anything else, my trend of playing is;
Royal's normal end => Royal's best end => Sol's normal end => Deon's best end => Sol's best end, after looking at the walkthrough

At first I want to took Baby Bear's route first, as HE'S FREAKIN CUTE AND SMOL AND WHITE, I JUST LOVE ADORABLE THINGS (or human. Or a bear.) But after
I decided to leave (just to see is it really possible at first--thought of loading back later but getting caught up and keep going instead ;p), and went to see the pebbles (@this child-like mind of mine, aka curious)...
Suddenly I'm getting to Royal's route. I was annoyed at first, JUST FOR MY CURIOSITY, I'm here, getting glared every second when really, I just want to hang out around Deon. Royal, out of those three he was the one I want to avoid for. But after he turned into a human, I started to liked him. After the
library scene; where he caught Aura from falling AHHH I JUST LOVE HIS SIDE-PROFILE HIM <3 It's the best CG for me~ His best ending is not strong enough to leave the feels than the other two though, I'm sorry. Although gotta admit he look magical on the main menu...

Sol's best end is the most hard for me, I've been replaying several times, before at last searching for the walkthrough lol. Sorry, but
I kinda feels like route was the longest, hardest and boring,
but that's my personal preferences, maybe because he's not my type. Everyone is different so that's just my opinion ^^

I'm kinda stuck between Royal-Deon but;
Because I'm an awkward person myself, rather than both-awkward I'd prefer being awkward with someone shameless/cheerful, at least it'll not be awkward-awkward lol.

Hence Deon's the best route for me :D (Does my reason even make sense? heh)

3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*
For me, the powerful storyline plays a big impact, I was getting too caught up in the game that I cannot sleep before finishing it for me, nothing else matters. I didn't see any flaws, yet I hope you can keep up the momentum of this kind of memorable, deep storyline for the next game, then I sure there wouldn't be any big problem. Keep it up! I'll be rooting for this team~ ^^

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?

Umm.. I'm unexperienced to comment anything related to this-- because I didn't really learn about American(or international) currency and never bought anything online (as I'm still studying) so, sorry I can't help you out with this one. ^^;;

Is it only me experiencing this tho?
Deon's picture aren't appearing on the main menu, even when I've got all of the CGs and following the walkthrough carefully. May I know why? T_T I really need to have him there~ He's the only one left as a bear ;_;

riiko08
Regular
Completed: Locked Heart, Cinderella Phenomenon
Organization: DICESUKI
Deviantart: kooriiko

#81 Post by riiko08 »

Hi everyone! I deeply apologize for the inactivity of this thread and being unable to reply. I do read all the comments and I really appreciate them all. For the bugs, the programmer will sort them out and we'll try to fix as much as we can soon!
My team, which is now called "DICESUKI" has been very busy ever since locked heart was released as we are making our next game.
We've done so much for the past few months and soon, we will release the information about the game! If any of you are curious, this is another free game but more ambitious than Locked heart. There are over 250k words and I assure you that we've been doing our best to make it look as professional as possible (hopefully it could be on par with commercial otome games.)

Right now, I'm here to promote our facebook page and tumblr. There's nothing much to see yet as they're just new, but expect more updates from us in a few days regarding our next game.
I really hope you'll support us, the same way you supported Locked Heart. Thank you so much!

Facebook page: https://m.facebook.com/Dicesuki/?ref=bookmarks
Tumblr: http://dicesuki.tumblr.com

TalrixTrinity
Regular
Projects: Asathera Chronicles, Name Pending
Organization: TalrixTrinity
Soundcloud: mateus-sephiroth

#82 Post by TalrixTrinity »

It was so cute!!!! I loved it!!!
If you don't struggle you don't improve.

cryingotome

#83 Post by cryingotome »

I just downloaded it. Can't wait to finally try it out after school! :lol: