Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Message
Author
NeryNight
Regular
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:57 am
Projects: Love Struck (GxB)
Location: A small apartment, in a small city, somewhere in the planet.
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#31 Post by NeryNight » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:00 pm

1. What do you think of the story?
I really enjoyed the story. It was well thought out. I love the way you mixed fairy tales and adapted them into a whole new story.
2. Which route did you liked the most and why?
I liked Deon's route better. I just felt like his relationship with the Aura was more believable. He did pursue her right away but it didn't seem out of place. And his flirty scenes as a teddy bear were adorable.
3. Any constructive criticisms?
I felt like the story was a little rush. Specially the relationship development between Aura and the guys. It felt like they fell in love with her out of nowhere. Specially Royal, who seem to be annoyed by her, and suddenly loved her. And he was also in love with Gold, but ended up falling for Aura. It seem a little strange. Maybe a little more scenes showing them opening to each other. I enjoyed the romance, but it seem a little forced.
4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?
Umm... I'm not sure. The art was beautiful. But the story was a little short. I've only bought Voltage games before and this seem a little shorter than them. So I would say, $10. If the story was longer and more flushed out (and some extras; ex. a intro movie) probably $15

Zharasiell
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:46 am
Tumblr: Zharasiell
Deviantart: Zharasiell
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#32 Post by Zharasiell » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:15 pm

MissMikko wrote:I'm having a really hard time with getting sol's good ending I only get normal endings...help?

I think this might be of help, here's a guide how to get all the best ends :D

Sol:
X-Stay outside
X-Sleep
X-Wait
X-Stay
X-Something elegant
X-Approach her
X-Have you fallen in love before?
X-I'll cut the strings!
X-Sol
X-Leave
X-Break tradition

Deon:
X-Stay outside
X-Stay awake
X-Talk with Deon
X-Leave
X-Nothing
X-Tell the Truth
X-Wardrobe
X-Talk to Royal
X-Agree with her
X-Support him silently

Royal :
X-Go inside
X-Talk with Royal
X-Leave
X-Check the Pebbles out
X-Leave him alone
X-Take her hand
X-Leave
X-Glare
X-Tickle him
X-Top part

User avatar
chaotiqueparadis
Regular
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 5:16 pm
Deviantart: chaotiqueparadis
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#33 Post by chaotiqueparadis » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:19 am

1. What do you think of the story?
I think it's creative, I liked it from the very beginning, plus I love bears <3

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?
Deon. It's cute and funny, I laughed a lot, and it's a little rare that I laugh with a visual novel.

3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*
There is a particular thing I want to point out. The characters are too predictable, try to develop them beyond their archetypes. If it weren't because of the story itself (fairy tale and bears) I doubt I would keep playing it till the end.

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?
I've never bought a a visual novel, so I'm not really sure. Maybe $5, for the game's length.

User avatar
lunarossa27
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:03 am
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#34 Post by lunarossa27 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:25 am

1. What do you think of the story?

When i first read it, i thought it was interesting. Pretty unique. As i played, i enjoyed immersing myself in the story. I like the development between Sol and Deon but somehow there wasn't much with Royal. Or it may just be me. Miss Maria wasn't shown much but lilie was a perfect side character. I like the interactions with her. By the way, i just want to say the i really really love the art, one of the first things that attracted me to the game.

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?

So i'm gonna be a little biased. I like Royal's the most. I like his character. To be honest, he was the character i was attracted to first. The first route i got on was Sol's(though I was aiming for Deon's) because i was thinking that i wanted to save Royal for the last. Sol's route was pretty nice. That's all i can say xd Next route was Deon's and i admit that I liked it much more than i would've thought. He was pretty funny and nice and stuff. Tbh, i feel like more stuff went on in Sol's and Deon's routes compared to Royal's but i guess that's because Aura's dealing with two people.

3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*

(Uhm. i don't know really. This is the first time I've ever reviewed on a game xd)
The art is nice and the cgs are pretty. The plot was pretty unique and interesting. The characters are well-thought of. I encountered one or two grammar mistakes. I really don't know if it's just me or smth but i somehow feel like Royal's love interest development was kind of abrupt. Over all, this game is pretty awesome.


4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?

Uhm, can i leave this question blank? TTATT If this was a commercial game, i wouldn't have been able to play it.

riiko08
Regular
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:59 am
Completed: Locked Heart, Cinderella Phenomenon
Organization: DICESUKI
Deviantart: kooriiko
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#35 Post by riiko08 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:40 am

myuunie wrote:Hello! Aaah how nervous I am, this is my first post on the forums so I hope I do a good job... (#゚ロ゚#)

I finally finished the game after working all night through it and I knew that I definitely wanted to answer your questions and tell you how much I adored it! -sobs- Thank you as well for the walkthrough! I must say that I was in desperate need of it. OTL I am such a walkthrough user that I couldn't help but wait until it was out to really finish Sol's and Deon's route. I really appreciate you posting one, especially since I was getting frustrated trying to get Sol's Best End.

I played it in the order of: Papa Bear, Mama Bear, and finally Baby Bear!
I do think that this is the best order and I am really glad I did it this way!

Anywho! To jump into the questions! ⁽(◍˃̵͈̑ᴗ˂̵͈̑)⁽


✿✿✿✿✿✿

1. What do you think of the story?

I really loved it! I really liked that the premise of the story was a fairytale mix between Beauty and the Beast and Goldilocks. It's a mix that not a lot of people would think to consider. I know I certainly would've never thought that the two could merge to create a love story, but once you read through every path it really does make a lot of sense. The story it tells is so lovely and adorable. I love the mix of the toys and romance and just everything was insanely cute!

As for each story by it's own, I think that they were all really well written! I would've liked for them to be more expanded upon though. I did feel that Deon's route held a lot more information and was longer than all the other ones which I can understand since his is the one that holds the big secrets, I just kind of wish that Royal's and Sol's route were a bit longer in length so that it matched up to Deon's route. Maybe a little more glimpses into Royal's and Sol's daily life? Maaaybe... bit more into Royal's and Sol's past and how they lived with the horrible head of the house? Or maybe even their interactions with Gold.

It isn't something that's a HUGE problem since, to be honest, I'm just being nitpicky. (灬ºωº灬)
I think I just wanted more of both of them.

I will say that I also very much loved Aura as a main character. She was so sweet and she handled herself properly with the entire situation. She wasn't a ditzy, can't-do-anything MC with no personality, she actually really stood up for herself and she had her real thoughts and opinions and any option that was taken in the story showed a little more about her. I do get tired of really optimistic heroines, but Aura was incredibly cute and I appreciate that with every route you find out a bit more about her and her family and all the things she went through.


Overall though, I think that the story was really well-thought out and well-written. I really wish it could've been longer though. I know you mentioned how you weren't aiming for a long VN, but man there isn't enough teddy/human love hehehe~ ⁄(⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)⁄ It was just really cute and I definitely want some more!

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?

Definitely, definitely Deon!

I am not easily swayed by princely charms like Sol has or flirty attitudes like Deon, so I thought that Royal would steal my heart (which he did quite a bit). But Deon just took the cake for me which it definitely, definitely has to do with his story. I did think just like anyone else that he was just a player or a flirty character and after playing so so so many otomes I always know that there is some kind of secret, hidden past towards it or hiding a sweet guy underneath. However, I LOVED the fact that Deon was acting the way he was, not really for himself, but for his siblings.

It was actually something that surprised me. I can usually tell where the story is going, but I did not guess that Deon was acting or playing the fool because he was trying to protect his siblings from his father. I thought he was doing it to run away from his responsibilities which kind of sucks for Sol since they were all thrown upon him, but his reason was so much more endearing and so much more heartfelt that I found myself really loving to hear the truth from his story. It was really well-thought out. It didn't make him seem like the usual flirty trope and it gave him a lot more depth.

I do kind of wish that we could've seen Deon tell the truth to Sol. I do understand that it wasn't a super necessary scene since we do get one shortly after with all three of them, however, I kind of wish we got to see the same kind of scene that there was in Sol's room where they talk about the truth in the bedroom, but now this time we can actually get the full story. I think it would've added to the emotional impact.

I really loved Deon's route though and what a genuine guy he was, even as a little bear. The whole confession and kiss scene was TOO CUTE. I could totally understand why Aura didn't take it seriously, but I did appreciate that she didn't just roll her eyes and walk away and instead told him that he could definitely attempt to court her. I thought that they fit each other so well as a couple, even more than the other two which is why I would definitely consider this route to be more of the canon route.

Which in a way is kind of funny if you think about it! In the Goldilocks story, the best meal for her was the one of the baby bear, as well as the seat, and the bed. Which if you now think of Aura as Goldilocks choosing from the three bears, she does the same and fits perfectly with the baby bear. I'm not sure if you guys did it on purpose, but hey! I loved it! ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_


3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*

I think that overall, for you guys' first VN, you did an incredible job. I would've bought it if you guys told me this was your fourth or fifth one from how fantastic the quality was.

The art was on-point, the characters had depth to them, the backgrounds were gorgeous, the music was absolutely stunning, and every little detail within the game was really beautiful. I could hardly even tell it had been done on Ren'py because the way you guys laid everything out, including the font, was so so so lovely and so unique. You guys really made this game your own and I am certain that it's gonna very soon explode here and many other otome players will be raving about it. It's really cute and the story is incredibly unique. I love the fairytale twist it has.

I'm not sure if I have any criticisms... hmm... I think there are a couple of things maybe. Let me go back and check!

I'm not sure if I truly have any true complaints, I just think that if you guys have made the story a bit longer and really wrote everything out I would've loved it a thousand times more. I really appreciate how detailed every route was, but I do think that the story could've spent a little more time in their bear bodies. We could've gotten to know the characters a little better before they turned back to human. I know that Lillie's and Miss Maria's doll and cat sprites were only used a bit, but I think it would've more fun to get to know them in those bodies.

Or even if they were already humans, I think learning more about Lillie and Miss Maria would've added to the story. Maybe gotten to know how Lillie even began living with them or how Miss Maria got to tutor and take care of them. Fleshing out their characters would've made me love them a thousand times more. I thought they were lovely characters and even with Lillie, this could've easily turned into a very sinister love triangle, but Lillie wasn't petty or mean about it. I loved that since I personally hate love triangles.

I would've loved to have learned more about her. Especially Miss Maria too since we hardly get to see her throughout the story. She is more of an extra character that poses as an authority figure every once in a while, but even then, she doesn't appear to have much purpose. The story could've had just about the same impact with or without her. I think if we learned more about her, it would've been a bit better.

I think those things would really be just about the only points that I wanted to mention.

OH! A BIT ABOUT THE ART! I loved it to bits and pieces, I just would've love to have seen maybe a bit more accuracy to the toymaker's sprite or description! I am not sure exactly what it said word for word but it describe her to have long flowing hair over her shoulders with an old torn up cloak, but the sprite doesn't really show her long hair or the cloak being torn.(˶′◡‵˶)I might just be nitpicky again, but my little eyes noticed the inaccuracy. It's one of my pet peeves in otomes. When a description says something that isn't accurate to the drawing it just crumbles my crackers. (⸝⸝•́દ•̀⸝⸝)

It was such a small thing though! Everything else is drawn super accurately and even the expression changes in the CGs were incredibly beautiful! Thank you for taking the time to draw such beautiful characters oh gosh. I loved their expressions as bears too, those blushes just KILLED ME. Too cute!


4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?

I think that right now, I would pay about five dollars or a little more than that! If the story was a bit longer, I think it would be definitely worth a bit of a higher price as well, like seven or eight dollars. (˵ ° ᗜ ° ˵ ) I think it's worth some money though! I do appreciate the fact that you made it free. So many games are commercialized lately that it's killing my wallet. (*꒦ິ꒳꒦ີ) So I thank you for making them for free. I do understand how hard they are to make and how much time it takes, but I really am so grateful for you taking the time to make such a cute and well-written/drawn game absolutely for free!


✿✿✿✿✿✿

I hope this answers all your questions!
Congratulations on making such a great game!
I hope to see more amazing work from you guy's soon! ୧( ⁼̴̶̤̀ω⁼̴̶̤́ )૭
Awwww... Thank you so much! I know it has so much imperfections since it's our first game but I'm glad that you guys still enjoyed playing it. We'll do our best on our next projects! We're already working on another game (but this will be shorter than LH OTL). I do promise that the one after this is a longer one as I wanted it to be a big project.
Thank you again for the wonderful comment!
Erikka wrote:1. What do you think of the story?

The story was nice. Kind of a fairytale) The CGs were gorgeous and the guys looked really stunning! But to be sincere I prefer more mature games with more serious plot.

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?

Definitily Deon! First of all I have a thing for a flirty guys like him(and he looked very hot!). Second, his route seemed more unconventional than others. Other two guys were very stereotyped and too predictable: a tsundere and a sweet-boy. Deon seemed more out of the ordinary and I really enjoyed his story.

3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*

I notice quite many stock characters in otome games this days. People seem to use labels and stereotypes too often. I wish there were more of original and "nonstandard" characters.

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?

I think 5-8 dollars. If this game had longer story, more characters and endings then I would be willing to pay more.
Awwww... Even if this wasn't the type of game you normally play, I'm very grateful you still gave it a try. Thank you so much! We'll definitely do our best on our future projects :D
NeryNight wrote:1. What do you think of the story?
I really enjoyed the story. It was well thought out. I love the way you mixed fairy tales and adapted them into a whole new story.
2. Which route did you liked the most and why?
I liked Deon's route better. I just felt like his relationship with the Aura was more believable. He did pursue her right away but it didn't seem out of place. And his flirty scenes as a teddy bear were adorable.
3. Any constructive criticisms?
I felt like the story was a little rush. Specially the relationship development between Aura and the guys. It felt like they fell in love with her out of nowhere. Specially Royal, who seem to be annoyed by her, and suddenly loved her. And he was also in love with Gold, but ended up falling for Aura. It seem a little strange. Maybe a little more scenes showing them opening to each other. I enjoyed the romance, but it seem a little forced.
4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?
Umm... I'm not sure. The art was beautiful. But the story was a little short. I've only bought Voltage games before and this seem a little shorter than them. So I would say, $10. If the story was longer and more flushed out (and some extras; ex. a intro movie) probably $15
Well, we had to stick with it being a short game so we had to compress the story //sobs
Still, I'm glad you liked the story. We'll do our best on our next games! *v*
chaotiqueparadis wrote:1. What do you think of the story?
I think it's creative, I liked it from the very beginning, plus I love bears <3

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?
Deon. It's cute and funny, I laughed a lot, and it's a little rare that I laugh with a visual novel.

3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*
There is a particular thing I want to point out. The characters are too predictable, try to develop them beyond their archetypes. If it weren't because of the story itself (fairy tale and bears) I doubt I would keep playing it till the end.

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?
I've never bought a a visual novel, so I'm not really sure. Maybe $5, for the game's length.
I guess putting the characters in certain archetypes is definitely easier to do. But I do agree with you. Thanks for the feedback. I shall take note of it for our future projects :D
lunarossa27 wrote:1. What do you think of the story?

When i first read it, i thought it was interesting. Pretty unique. As i played, i enjoyed immersing myself in the story. I like the development between Sol and Deon but somehow there wasn't much with Royal. Or it may just be me. Miss Maria wasn't shown much but lilie was a perfect side character. I like the interactions with her. By the way, i just want to say the i really really love the art, one of the first things that attracted me to the game.

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?

So i'm gonna be a little biased. I like Royal's the most. I like his character. To be honest, he was the character i was attracted to first. The first route i got on was Sol's(though I was aiming for Deon's) because i was thinking that i wanted to save Royal for the last. Sol's route was pretty nice. That's all i can say xd Next route was Deon's and i admit that I liked it much more than i would've thought. He was pretty funny and nice and stuff. Tbh, i feel like more stuff went on in Sol's and Deon's routes compared to Royal's but i guess that's because Aura's dealing with two people.

3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*

(Uhm. i don't know really. This is the first time I've ever reviewed on a game xd)
The art is nice and the cgs are pretty. The plot was pretty unique and interesting. The characters are well-thought of. I encountered one or two grammar mistakes. I really don't know if it's just me or smth but i somehow feel like Royal's love interest development was kind of abrupt. Over all, this game is pretty awesome.


4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?

Uhm, can i leave this question blank? TTATT If this was a commercial game, i wouldn't have been able to play it.
Thank you so, so much for playing and taking the time to leave a review! I'll keep in mind to make sure side characters are well developed and not make the story feel "rushed" on our next projects (hopefully!)

User avatar
CSV
Regular
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:58 pm
Tumblr: csvidaldraws
Deviantart: csvidal
itch: csvidal
Location: Portugal
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#36 Post by CSV » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:25 am

I had been waiting for this game, so I am really happy I finally got to play it. =) The art is lovely and the game overall was adorable.

1. What do you think of the story?
It was very cute. At first I thought the locket idea was too predictable, so I liked the twist on the curse later on.

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?
I saved Sol's route for last and I did not regret it. I liked his personality a lot because he was so calm and kind, and it seems there are not enough characters like that in otome games. And he has the best looks too, aha.

3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*
I think I spotted some spelling mistakes, but that is it. What can I say, I really liked it.

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?
I am not sure. Considering it is not a lenghty story and I usually don't buy that many commercial games, probably around 5€.
☆☆☆
(portfolio)
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

User avatar
Akitsuki
Veteran
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:38 pm
Projects: Truffle!
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#37 Post by Akitsuki » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:41 pm

Alright. It's actually 01.21 AM here but whatever, I'm gonna write my thoughts on this.

1. What do you think of the story?
Oh, it's so cute and fluffy and everything nice! It's easily understood and not that complicated, though there are still some secrets to be revealed by the bachelors. I'd like to see more interactions with Lillie and Miss Maria though. And, I'm goinna say it now, I'd love to get a bad ending where Sol ends up with Lillie. I mean, she's such a cute girl! I want to see her happy! Oh, and perhaps Gold's ending as well! But maybe that's just me.

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?
I like those three all the same, I guess. Royal's route was quite surprising and unpredictable, Sol's was cute and warm, while Deon's was funny yet angsty at the same time. But perhaps I'll go with Deon. It's just funny how he easily made a move on the MC while he was still a teddy bear LOL

3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*
I must say the scene jumps from one to another pretty quickly. For example, I noticed it felt weird right after the scene where MC decided to stay, the next scene showed Sol making a dress for her. I mean, I'd like to have an introductory part where MC wandered around the mansion, trying to get familiar with her new surroundings, and starting to get close with the residents. The art is nice, but it can be improved. I noticed some unnatural angles in some of the CGs. Oh, and the anatomy. But then again, it's every artist's problem LOL

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?
Well... I don't know. So far, I haven't bought any commercial VN as far as I remember. And thus, I can't really name a price.

Overall, it was a nice experience to play it! Thanks and great job!

JinTonic
Regular
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:00 am
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#38 Post by JinTonic » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:26 pm

1. What do you think of the story?

the thing which impressed me the most were your wonderful CGs. the story was interesting though seemed a bit for kids.

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?

i've downloded this game because my eyes caught Deon's description. in the end his route was the best for me.

3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*

the biggest flaw of this game was its predictability. deon was quite interesting, royal and sol - typical characters for otome, they made me feel a bit bored. it's like i've already known what to expect from them.

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?

hard to answer because in this game only one character caught my attention.

User avatar
sakurakimuchi
Regular
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:49 am
Location: Neverland
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#39 Post by sakurakimuchi » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:28 pm

OMG! IT'S OOUT! IT'S OUT~ I was soo excited right now and I cannot wait another second to play this, so brb. :D

User avatar
DrSchizo
Regular
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:53 pm
Tumblr: ninesquarezone
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#40 Post by DrSchizo » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:23 am

You can now play online to Locked Heart: http://sandbox-adventure.com/

The game is in full HTML5 so there is no need to download or install anything.
You have to register to save your game but not to play the game.

While in game, you can hit F1 to display a list of available shortcuts.

You can find more information about Sandbox Adventure Engine on this thread.

Don't hesitate to report bug if you find any.

I hope you will have as much fun playing this game that I had to convert it :D
Last edited by DrSchizo on Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

try10
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 656
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 7:47 am
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#41 Post by try10 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:55 pm

Finally, I've found some free time and some peace and quiet to play Locked Heart and I couldn't be happier. :)
These are my thoughts:

1. What do you think of the story?

The story was beautiful and unique. It gave me a fairy tale like feeling. The music, the backgrounds, menu and the art. OMG, I don't have enough praises for the art style. The sprites are absolutely stunning!!! :D

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?

I have to say that my favourite route was Deon's, then Royal and Sol.
Everyone had their own story, qualities and faults.

Deon
HE IS ADORABLE and the cutest white baby bear ever! Sly, flirty and knows the moment when he needs to act cute in order to get what he wants. Seeing him shamelessly flirting with Aura, her awkwardness after realising her feelings for him were amusing. I remember the bed scene where she was surprised to see a guy sleeping beside her and saying 'dear beloved mother'...something, so funny! Sacrificing himself for his family, his father's beatings, his personality ( for me he was easy to approach, very easy to understand) and wanting to protect everyone makes him my favourite character.
Sol
Polite, shy, elegant, kind, handsome just like the 'perfect prince' just like Lillie says. I had a hard time finding the choice that would make him happy since his politeness and kind face were his mask. It's hard trying to approach a person who doesn't want to upset others and keeps everything inside like Sol. I think his route was the most romantic one, although I had a hard time getting his good ending.

Royal
Man, that is one grumpy papa bear. I played his route last, cause I don't deal well with grumpy people. I'm grumpy, you're grumpy, so let's be grumpy together, lol. I was surprised to like his route so much, despite his sharp comments. Tsundere grumpy bear. I loved their first encounter and the BITE! :)) There were many funny moments: the be a good girl and give me your heart, the I can see your underwear, the falls, accusing Aura of sexual harassment when tickling him LOL :)) I had lots of fun, hehehe. Seeing him changing his attitude towards Aura and his best ending was sweet.


3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*

I would have liked to see some sprites during the flashback on Royal's route. In your future projects I hope you can add some bad/dark endings. This game had lots of potential if you wanted to explore some darker things. ;)

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?

I'm not that good with prices cause a dollar means a lot where I live, but since the game was very well made, but unfortunately short, about $5.

I want to thank you so much for working so hard to complete Locked Heart and for making it free to play! It was beautiful, enjoyable and left me with a warm feeling in my chest. Best of luck with your future projects! :D

MadQueen
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#42 Post by MadQueen » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:48 pm

I've seen this game around, but looking at the artwork I thought there is no way this game would be for free so I just bit my lip and continued my search for some free games. You can't imagine just how happy I was to found out this is actually free. I just can't thank you enough <3

1. What do you think of the story?
The way it was told and the twisted turns it had made the story shine and really brought warmth to my heart. I've never played a game with a story like this one before, and all the magical stuff made me feel so nostalgic...

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?
Deon. Definitely.
I feel like Deon was the most genuine character in the whole game, and the one who didn't need Aura to make him hope, but to support him (mostly). It was one time when he felt like giving up and then that was quickly fixed by Aura's words (though I didn't think slapping him was the right thing to do). What I admired at him was that he didn't let himself lose who he truly was. And I know he put up a whole act, but he stood true to himself and never really doubted his potential (or at least he didn't have the chance because Aura was there to support him in his decision ^-^ ). He was just all I could've asked for, and even in Sol's and Royal's routes, his appearances were the best.
And then there was Sol, my charming prince, the first one whose route I tried. As a first play, I enjoyed him and his gentle way of treating things. He was my boo, my little sweetheart until Deon's route came up.

And then Royal. I just wanted to slap him right across his face like 90% of the time that's all I'm gonna say

3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*
● Give some background to the secondary characters. I won't say Lillie and Miss Maria lacked character, because the didn't, in my opinion, but I really wanted to see some highlights on their life before d'Lockes.
Everyone's parents died, and as it gave the story a more dramatic turn and I didn't realize it while playing since I was more focused on each route at a time, I think it was a little bit too cliche that all the parents in the game died... But as I said before, I don't really think the player minds it while playing since it gives the dramatic scent ^^"
● There is something that also bothered me during Royal's route, besides his mean character that just wasn't for me.
During his route, some scenes just felt repetitive. Aura fell like three times. Four, if we count the moment where she just jumped in front of the books and fell to cover for him. Speaking of that, she also fell off the top of the shelves, but this time the damage was more serious since. Royal was a pain for me and yet an intriguing character with an interesting background, I just wished his route didn't feel so repetitive to me, that's all ^^"
4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?
I'm all for supporting otome games, but since I'm not old enough to afford getting a paypal account (since my parents are REALLY skeptical about it all), I wouldn't have been able to play the game in the first place...
But assuming I could afford it all, for the nice, heart warming story and for the beautiful art I think somewhere around 8$

riiko08
Regular
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:59 am
Completed: Locked Heart, Cinderella Phenomenon
Organization: DICESUKI
Deviantart: kooriiko
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#43 Post by riiko08 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:03 pm

CSV wrote:I had been waiting for this game, so I am really happy I finally got to play it. =) The art is lovely and the game overall was adorable.

1. What do you think of the story?
It was very cute. At first I thought the locket idea was too predictable, so I liked the twist on the curse later on.

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?
I saved Sol's route for last and I did not regret it. I liked his personality a lot because he was so calm and kind, and it seems there are not enough characters like that in otome games. And he has the best looks too, aha.

3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*
I think I spotted some spelling mistakes, but that is it. What can I say, I really liked it.

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?
I am not sure. Considering it is not a lenghty story and I usually don't buy that many commercial games, probably around 5€.
Thank you so much! We only aimed for a short game to familiarize ourselves with Renpy and to see if we did have what it takes to complete a game. XD Hopefully our next projects will be long enough.
Akitsuki wrote:Alright. It's actually 01.21 AM here but whatever, I'm gonna write my thoughts on this.

1. What do you think of the story?
Oh, it's so cute and fluffy and everything nice! It's easily understood and not that complicated, though there are still some secrets to be revealed by the bachelors. I'd like to see more interactions with Lillie and Miss Maria though. And, I'm goinna say it now, I'd love to get a bad ending where Sol ends up with Lillie. I mean, she's such a cute girl! I want to see her happy! Oh, and perhaps Gold's ending as well! But maybe that's just me.

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?
I like those three all the same, I guess. Royal's route was quite surprising and unpredictable, Sol's was cute and warm, while Deon's was funny yet angsty at the same time. But perhaps I'll go with Deon. It's just funny how he easily made a move on the MC while he was still a teddy bear LOL

3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*
I must say the scene jumps from one to another pretty quickly. For example, I noticed it felt weird right after the scene where MC decided to stay, the next scene showed Sol making a dress for her. I mean, I'd like to have an introductory part where MC wandered around the mansion, trying to get familiar with her new surroundings, and starting to get close with the residents. The art is nice, but it can be improved. I noticed some unnatural angles in some of the CGs. Oh, and the anatomy. But then again, it's every artist's problem LOL

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?
Well... I don't know. So far, I haven't bought any commercial VN as far as I remember. And thus, I can't really name a price.

Overall, it was a nice experience to play it! Thanks and great job!
About Sol, there's actually a scene before Sol making a dress for her, but I had to delete it because when we finished writing all 3 routes, his was longer than the two. I had to choose the least important scenes to delete QwQ Sorry if that made things too... fast.
And the art! Yas! I need so much improvement please //crais. Hopefully my art will improve on our next projects QwQ
Thank you so much for playing!
JinTonic wrote:1. What do you think of the story?

the thing which impressed me the most were your wonderful CGs. the story was interesting though seemed a bit for kids.

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?

i've downloded this game because my eyes caught Deon's description. in the end his route was the best for me.

3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*

the biggest flaw of this game was its predictability. deon was quite interesting, royal and sol - typical characters for otome, they made me feel a bit bored. it's like i've already known what to expect from them.

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?

hard to answer because in this game only one character caught my attention.
Awww... Thank you so much for trying out the game! Well, it is inspired from a fairytale after all, and I didn't want the story to be too dark XD
try10 wrote:Finally, I've found some free time and some peace and quiet to play Locked Heart and I couldn't be happier. :)
These are my thoughts:

1. What do you think of the story?

The story was beautiful and unique. It gave me a fairy tale like feeling. The music, the backgrounds, menu and the art. OMG, I don't have enough praises for the art style. The sprites are absolutely stunning!!! :D

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?

I have to say that my favourite route was Deon's, then Royal and Sol.
Everyone had their own story, qualities and faults.

Deon
HE IS ADORABLE and the cutest white baby bear ever! Sly, flirty and knows the moment when he needs to act cute in order to get what he wants. Seeing him shamelessly flirting with Aura, her awkwardness after realising her feelings for him were amusing. I remember the bed scene where she was surprised to see a guy sleeping beside her and saying 'dear beloved mother'...something, so funny! Sacrificing himself for his family, his father's beatings, his personality ( for me he was easy to approach, very easy to understand) and wanting to protect everyone makes him my favourite character.
Sol
Polite, shy, elegant, kind, handsome just like the 'perfect prince' just like Lillie says. I had a hard time finding the choice that would make him happy since his politeness and kind face were his mask. It's hard trying to approach a person who doesn't want to upset others and keeps everything inside like Sol. I think his route was the most romantic one, although I had a hard time getting his good ending.

Royal
Man, that is one grumpy papa bear. I played his route last, cause I don't deal well with grumpy people. I'm grumpy, you're grumpy, so let's be grumpy together, lol. I was surprised to like his route so much, despite his sharp comments. Tsundere grumpy bear. I loved their first encounter and the BITE! :)) There were many funny moments: the be a good girl and give me your heart, the I can see your underwear, the falls, accusing Aura of sexual harassment when tickling him LOL :)) I had lots of fun, hehehe. Seeing him changing his attitude towards Aura and his best ending was sweet.


3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*

I would have liked to see some sprites during the flashback on Royal's route. In your future projects I hope you can add some bad/dark endings. This game had lots of potential if you wanted to explore some darker things. ;)

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?

I'm not that good with prices cause a dollar means a lot where I live, but since the game was very well made, but unfortunately short, about $5.

I want to thank you so much for working so hard to complete Locked Heart and for making it free to play! It was beautiful, enjoyable and left me with a warm feeling in my chest. Best of luck with your future projects! :D
I'm really happy that you enjoyed each route! Glad to know our hard work paid off //sobs
Thank you so much for the wonderful comment! I hope you'll check our future projects (when we finish one lol)
MadQueen wrote:I've seen this game around, but looking at the artwork I thought there is no way this game would be for free so I just bit my lip and continued my search for some free games. You can't imagine just how happy I was to found out this is actually free. I just can't thank you enough <3

1. What do you think of the story?
The way it was told and the twisted turns it had made the story shine and really brought warmth to my heart. I've never played a game with a story like this one before, and all the magical stuff made me feel so nostalgic...

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?
Deon. Definitely.
I feel like Deon was the most genuine character in the whole game, and the one who didn't need Aura to make him hope, but to support him (mostly). It was one time when he felt like giving up and then that was quickly fixed by Aura's words (though I didn't think slapping him was the right thing to do). What I admired at him was that he didn't let himself lose who he truly was. And I know he put up a whole act, but he stood true to himself and never really doubted his potential (or at least he didn't have the chance because Aura was there to support him in his decision ^-^ ). He was just all I could've asked for, and even in Sol's and Royal's routes, his appearances were the best.
And then there was Sol, my charming prince, the first one whose route I tried. As a first play, I enjoyed him and his gentle way of treating things. He was my boo, my little sweetheart until Deon's route came up.

And then Royal. I just wanted to slap him right across his face like 90% of the time that's all I'm gonna say

3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*
● Give some background to the secondary characters. I won't say Lillie and Miss Maria lacked character, because the didn't, in my opinion, but I really wanted to see some highlights on their life before d'Lockes.
Everyone's parents died, and as it gave the story a more dramatic turn and I didn't realize it while playing since I was more focused on each route at a time, I think it was a little bit too cliche that all the parents in the game died... But as I said before, I don't really think the player minds it while playing since it gives the dramatic scent ^^"
● There is something that also bothered me during Royal's route, besides his mean character that just wasn't for me.
During his route, some scenes just felt repetitive. Aura fell like three times. Four, if we count the moment where she just jumped in front of the books and fell to cover for him. Speaking of that, she also fell off the top of the shelves, but this time the damage was more serious since. Royal was a pain for me and yet an intriguing character with an interesting background, I just wished his route didn't feel so repetitive to me, that's all ^^"
4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?
I'm all for supporting otome games, but since I'm not old enough to afford getting a paypal account (since my parents are REALLY skeptical about it all), I wouldn't have been able to play the game in the first place...
But assuming I could afford it all, for the nice, heart warming story and for the beautiful art I think somewhere around 8$
Thank you so much!!!
In Royal's route, I actually noticed those scenes after we finished writing. OTL
We'll definitely improve more on our next projects!
Again, thank you for playing and for the wonderful comment *v*

yato
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:55 am
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#44 Post by yato » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:25 am

I just need to say this right now... okay... here we go...
*cough* *cough*
I JUST LOVE THIS GAME WITH ALL MY HEART! REALLY! I fallen in love with the characters and the story, and how this change depending of the route you choose. At first I just sat here screaming because I couldn't reach the best ending, like before you post the walkthrough, I just wanted to cry to be honest x.x but then you post how to reach the best ending and I felt alive again!

1. What do you think of the story? It's really special (if that makes sense), but I will be totally honest:
I think that many people will say you this but Lillie was in love with Sol, but it was so easy and not enough sad when in the route of Sol she discovers that Sol likes Aura... I don't know, I just feel that you could make us cry with that part but you didn't
anyway, the story is cool, really cool, I love it!

2. Which route did you liked the most and why? Royal, definitely. He is my type.
And also I cry with his route???? I swear! when Aura discovers that he was in love with Gold I was crying like a baby u.u I feel so bad, and I still feel sad because I still thinking about it and I just... can't :((((
3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*: I'm not professional or anything x.x so I can't.

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?: I've never pay for a game before so I can't help with that :c I'm sorry

CONGRATULATIONS FOR THIS GAME! IT'S AWESOME!

Shifty
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:17 am
Contact:

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#45 Post by Shifty » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:19 am

1. What do you think of the story?
I thought it was really cute! I love stories based on fairy tales, so I was pretty excited to play this when I first saw it.

2. Which route did you like the most and why?
Just based on story, probably Deon's, but Royal was my favourite character. Deon's is probably the strongest on its own, since it dealt with resolving the curse plot and the issues between the two brothers.
Royal's more my type (*cough* >.>) but he felt a bit tacked-on, especially with the mention at the end of the brothers' conflict resolving itself. I thought his guilt made sense, but he would've fit into the overarching plot better if he ended up helping Aura deal with the brothers. His feelings just didn't seem nearly as strong as either brother's.
I enjoyed Sol's route, but I don't particularly like the "princely" type. I did like the fact that you didn't go into Deon's past in the route, leaving just the reactions to it.

3. Any constructive criticism? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*
I feel like it could have been longer, with more interactions between the other characters. Because the game's so short it doesn't feel like she's stuck in the mansion for very long.
I also didn't like the dreams with the Toymaker; it didn't feel like Aura actually accomplished anything on her own. I feel like she could have either put together the connection between her locket and Gold's heart, at least, or have broken the curse incidentally while trying to help the brothers reconcile. It's not a huge issue, but I think it would've given her character a little more agency.
And, as others have pointed out, there are a few grammatical errors. When Deon calls Aura "Love" in his route it's inconsistently capitalized, and there isn't always a comma where it should be. There are other mistakes occasionally but that one stood out to me.

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?
It is fairly short, but once the routes split they're entirely unique, without reused scenes or dialogue. You could theoretically split it into a prologue and three stories and sell them separately, at about $3-5 per route, so $10-15 makes sense.

Sorry if I sound overly critical! >_< There were a tonne of things I loved about it, too. The art's super cute, and I loved the shading (as weird as that sounds). I thought the characters having eyelashes the same colour as their eyes was a neat idea, and it really made them pop (especially on Royal >_>;). And just overall I had a good time playing it. I'll be looking forward to your next release.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot]