Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Laera-chan
Regular
Projects: HeART Thief; Beauty and the Brothers: The Beginning; For Better or Worse; An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer
Organization: Moonlight Avenue, Inc.; Anomalis

Re: Locked Heart (GxB) (VN/Otome/Fantasy)

#61 Post by Laera-chan »

I haven't even finished reading the summary and I'm already abusing the poor download link! Seriously, the premise is cute, the art amazing, and the guys- *swoons*! I'll let ya'll know what I think after I play ALL the routes (over and over and over again, probably. >:D)

riiko08
Regular
Completed: Locked Heart, Cinderella Phenomenon
Organization: DICESUKI
Deviantart: kooriiko

#62 Post by riiko08 »

SilkSpider wrote:What do you think of the story?

I absolutely LOVE it! I've always adored fairytales and fairytale inspired things, and I think this story puts a very charming and creative spin on both a classic fairy tale, as well as many of the typical fairy tale story mechanics.

Which route did you liked the most and why?

Deon because he's so adorably mushy. Love it.

Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*

I found this VN to be of exceptional quality - the art style is gorgeous, and the grammatical and spelling errors are very few compared to many other VN's I've played. I'm not a fan of Royal or Sol's routes because I feel the romantic aspect of their sides of the story is kind of lacking not very well paced, but they are very enjoyable nonetheless. The only thing that actually disappointed me is that is rather short, but of course, I appreciate quality over quantity.

Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?

Erm... 10$ ish?
Awww... Thank you so much for the comment! I'm glad that you liked it QvQ We'll do our best to improve on our future works.
Cindersky wrote:1. What do you think of the story?

I enjoyed the storyline very much. Not only was it unique, but you could definitely tell that a lot of work has been put into this project. There aren't many Visual Novels that involve this much character development, which Locked Heart has plenty of. Also, the visuals are stunning if I may add.

2. Which route did you liked the most and why?

To be completely honest, I'm having a hard time choosing which route I liked the most. I have to admit that Deon's route was very amusing, but I don't think it was my favorite. Sol's was sweet and I liked that he was reliable, but I'd have to go with Royal's route because his jealousy is the cutest thing ever.

3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*

Hmm... I would've loved it if it was longer. Oh, and it'd be wonderful if maybe we were able to explore other areas inside the barrier besides the Rose Garden.

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?

I'm not old enough to have a credit card or anything, so most likely I wouldn't of bought it. However, if I decided to do so in the long run, maybe ten dollars at maximum? I'm not good at pricing things, but I think ten dollars is a good amount of money for a commercial game, despite the fact that I haven't exactly boughten any before...

Other: Great job on the game, and I'm looking forward to the next one! (If another one will be produced, of course.)
Thank you s, so much!! I'm really happy that you enjoyed playing! I'm currently writing our next project now and I assure you this will be longer than Locked Heart. If everything goes well, I'll be able to make a post about it so *v*
cookie wrote:I played this game a few days ago and I must say I just love it. It's difficult to find a good free game, and I'm really grateful to you for doing this. The art is beautiful and I really liked the story; I think the part that is original is that everything changes according to the route you choose. It's nice because once you get all the endings you just put the pieces together and, oh, God, what a great game!

1. I think it's original. I love how the protagonist is the one who fixes everything, in fact, I just like the protagonist (that is weird because generally most of the games I've played I hate the protagonist)
2. Definitely Royal. I cried with his story. I think I had already commented this when this game was in "work in progress" and I said that Royal would be my favorite... And now it's true!
3. I have nothing constructive to say, sorry. I'm currently working on my first project and I'm crying (the good crying, I mean)
4. Maybe $10 or $15. The story is good, the art is good... In fact, I'm surprised that you haven't put a price....

Thanks for this!!! I've cried a lot! (Especially with Royal)
Woah! I'm surprised that Royal's route made you cry QvQ (Since Deon/Sol's route has more drama XD). Thank you, thank you for playing!
eternalwishess wrote:1. What do you think of the story?
- cute graphics & artwork
- lovely concept and dialogue
The plot has a lot of potential for something deep, but it was good for a cutesy game.

For some reason I keep ending up on the guys I don't want to go after... I still haven't gone through Deon's, which is who I want to get.

Interesting how Royal's demeanor can be snappy towards the family that he serves...and also towards an outsider. Normally, butlers give off the impression that they are reserved and well mannered.

3. Any constructive criticisms?
Just wanted to point out that it's hard to follow which characters are talking when there's no color assigned to their names. Perhaps it's just my own personal issue, but I couldn't follow the text smoothly without it.

4. Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?
To be honest...$5.00?
Well, we were aiming for a short and simple story (or else we my not be able to finish if we complicate it QAQ)
For Royal, he was still young and in training when they were cursed and since they've been treating each other practically like a family, Royal doesn't act formally around them anymore. (I should've explained this more OTL)
Thank you so, soo much for commenting!
Laera-chan wrote:I haven't even finished reading the summary and I'm already abusing the poor download link! Seriously, the premise is cute, the art amazing, and the guys- *swoons*! I'll let ya'll know what I think after I play ALL the routes (over and over and over again, probably. >:D)
Uwaahhh!! I-I hope you'll enjoy playing though QvQ

Maeko

#63 Post by Maeko »

Hello! Congratulations on completing this game, I was lurking your thread and the forum in general but I've decided to create an account...finally! Anyhoo well done and overall I loved this game =D Without further ado, here are my 2 cents:

What do you think of the story?

I loved the story line and the whole concept! I'm sure you've received many compliments on the art and visuals because they are absolutely stunning and honestly that made me want to play the game.

Tough choice as all 3 had their own unique and endearing story line. I definitely could relate to all 3 characters but I would have to say it's a tie between Deon and Royal. I can't choose between the two! Both of their stories attracted me more than Sol's but having said that, I did enjoy Sol's as well because he was so sweet and overall a gentleman that treats his lady like a princess.

Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*

I'm hoping your next game would be longer and I felt the romance was kind of rushed towards the end and not developed enough (hence why a longer game would probably address this issue). Minor grammatical mistakes here and there but overall still good and it didn't affect the overall game itself as much.

Just curious, if this was a commercial game, how much are you willing to pay for it?

I would pay $10-$15 and *if it were voiced* even more. Sorry I'm sure i'm getting way too ahead of myself but I can just imagine how Royal, Deon and Sol would sound like voiced. ^__^

I can't wait for your next game, I love your art so very much!

StrangeoneXD

#64 Post by StrangeoneXD »

Sorry, what originally was supposed to be a relatively normal review seems to have become much longer. Nevertheless I quite enjoyed the game, thank you for creating it.Oh and I really liked the design of the text box. (Dialogue box? Not really sure what to call it.) It's really pretty.

1. What do you think of the story?
It was interesting enough that I didn't stopped til I got all the endings. While I do understand that you guys were trying to keep it short and went over limit I would have liked to be certain things to be fleshed out more like Lillie's friendship. I liked how on Deon's route he helped Aura resolve one her own problems and how we learned a bit more about her dad. I was also curious to see how her mom died too, with a brief summary or something about her mom's last moments, though I guess that would of been sad as well. Plus, I kind of wanted to know more about the mom and why Gold was so fond of her too. Basically just stuff to flesh out the background and stuff like that.

Royal's route was my favorite, there's just something more touching about it somehow and I really liked the fact that Aura actually got to follow her dreams instead of giving it up or pushing it aside. Plus, it was cute/hilarious that they were bickering and shy though
I was really surprised by his sudden anger and trapping you against the wall when you let it slip that you heard him, because the first time around I actually stopped to hear the whole thing and he didn't seem anywhere NEAR that angry, plus he never actually seemed um dangerous before than I guess, she made Aura scared! It was really cute when he started comforting her though and probably at least part of the reason why I thought the route was so touching
Plus, it's amusing to seem him blushing when he was constantly pulling a grump face and tried to hide it.
Kind of got surprised by how matter of fact he was near the end though
it really had me taken aback

3. Any constructive criticisms? So we'll know what we should improve on for our next projects *A*
Hm, well I noticed that if you didn't do everything perfectly certain things just wouldn't occur
Like with the wall scene above? I thought if I just left him alone I would get it no matter what, but that wasn't the case, if I got even one answer off of the best route before that scene it wouldn't occur at all, which is kind of strange since the only event that seems to be actually effecting the wall scene is the eavesdrop stay or leave scene, unless there's something I don't comprehend?
Deon's route seemed the longest for some reason and Sol the shortest, which made me wonder if they had unequal cgs, but nope everyone is the same.But for some reason it felt longer and that feels a bit unfair to the others if that made any sense, so if it is unequal in length perhaps it would be better if they were all around equal length for each story, that way it would be like you learn them all equally.
I didn't notice before but how the beginning choices matter a lot for each route remind me a lot of hakuouki, because at first I was confused why I kept getting sol's route, I didn't think whether or not I followed warnings would have been that decisive a factor. Oh well.
I think I would have liked it better if there was more equal comfort and helping.
Like when Royal holds you when you cry or when Deon helped you resolve your problem with music and the memories of your father. Hm that might be why I'm not as fond of Sol's route, he didn't really have that.
Funny thing was I was most biased towards Sol first and liked Royal least, but now with the routes it kind of swapped around.
Oh and I was kind of confused the the mentions of other people's problems didn't really effect that much on the other routes, or perhaps I've been spoiled by games. But since it was short that was probably why, but I thought the brother's relationship and other stuff would leak more into the other routes. Than again I might have been spoiled by Love revo, where the guy always has the problem regardless of which route you picked and only in the route you pick is that problem resolved. Though that might have made your story too long I guess
It was quite an engaging story though and I thoroughly enjoyed it. :D
P.S. Perhaps it's a bit weird but I was kind of wondering how the father looked as a toy
Oh and I really liked how the bears turned human after each perfect route, it was really cool.
Probably $5, might be skewed because I normally get mobile games or ones that are on sale for steam(I got amnesia for like 3 bucks SCORE!). It can probably be pushed to ten.

MoonlitWind

#65 Post by MoonlitWind »

I adore it. I definitely see your influences! One of the aspects I probably like most is that as soon as the game realizes your leaning toward a specific route everything changes. The only time I could really use the skip feature after the first choice was
when Aura was hugging Miss Maria's plush form. XD
It has nice fluffy moments but also serious moments which I very much appreciate.

Deon's!
Though Royal was a close second. I liked that he didn't already have a someone interested in him or was interested in someone else. I felt like his route was the one where everyone could be happy! Plus it also helped her come to terms with her father's death. I know it was brought up in Royal's route but I feel like she actually healed in Deon's. There was just more to Deon and I loved his persistence when Aura didn't take him seriously that he would work hard to make her fall for him. XD In a very lovable manner rather than a creepy, go away manner.

I'd like it if the character has a backstory that effects her in current life, like
Aura's father's death,
that it get addressed in more. I love learning about my MC's background as much as the other characters. XD

$5-$10. It was pretty short compared to other VNs, but also the quality of the writing, art, and plot were really well done.

And now~ I have a question. I've been unable to get the second CG in the "Other' category. .__. Is there some trick to it?

BlackLotus

#66 Post by BlackLotus »

I loved it ! I really did !! I'm playing a lot of these games but this one were soo cool ! This whole Story was so woaaa ! I were crying and ahh all these feelings ! too much :D

I did love Deon's ! It were just so...deep . And he was the only one who weren't ...yea :D "gone"

I would have loved a little more story about her mom . A little more background story.

$10 - $15

I was really afraid that you had dropt the game QWQ
I did watch over it :D
So I'm really happy that it's done ♥

keelan

#67 Post by keelan »

My friend and I played this about a week ago. I think a short review is in order~

I'm a complete sucker for fairy tale-esque stories, so I might be biased to say I liked it a lot :) I was interested in how Goldilocks and Beauty and the Beast mixed together, and I (along with my friend) were definitely not disappointed in the end result. It wasn't the longest story, nor was the plot overly complicated, but I found the premise interesting and the influences made it have a unique spin.

Plus, the writing as a whole was good. I loooved Aura's voice; she was a good narrator. And next to that, I would've loved more scenes with Miss Maria and Lillie, but ah well.

Which route did you like the most and why?

I'd have to say Deon. It felt like his route tied everything together? I went Royal>Sol>Deon, so Deon was left to explain everything and wrap it all up.
I know all the routes sort of hinted at each other in a circle (Royal hinted the Brothers' Conflict, Sol hinted Deon's problems, and Deon hinted Royal's 'why I apologize to Gold every night' reason), but
Deon's seemed...fuller for some reason. Like there weren't any plotholes left?
It did explain why Aura's father isn't exactly mentioned in the game often...
That's not to say everything else fell flat! Royal's route was a close second, and Sol is an absolutely wonderful character. It's just...if I had to pick a 'canon' route, I'd choose Deon. It helps that his was the most straightforward. I'm weak against honest types!
Plus, that curtain scene. Ohohoho :wink:
I do like Royal's best end the most though. I rather like Aura's future in it. And the only reason why Sol's not on high priority is because I ship him with Lillie more :D

A lot of others have said it already, but a bit more backstory would've been nice.
I'll admit the father thing came out of nowhere. And I really wanted to know more about the death of Aura's mother and the relationship between d'Lockes father/mother and the siblings.
I felt like there were some explanations that were lacking, but that doesn't detract too much from the overall experience.

I'd say about $5.00, but that's because I'm cheap >.<

In all actuality, it could cost a bit more and be worth every cent (the art and story are well-polished, characters are likeable, replayability's not bad, and the music is AMAZING). Maybe $7~? I might be willing to pay extra if there was a music gallery added into the mix :wink:

Other stuff:
+I liked how the first few choices locked you onto a route. It made the common route shorter, so you could focus more on each individual one
-On the downside, that meant you had very little time to connect to the characters. The first time around, I didn't even know I was on Royal's route until I saw the scene break with his picture. It's also a shame that certain characters are more involved in certain routes than others. It's understandable, but the characters were all great, so I would've liked a bit more 'inter-route involvement'
+The art and GUI are super pretty! The textbox for the choices is sooo aesthetically-pleasing, and Aura (especially with her hair down) is absolutely beautiful
+I have to say this again: the music was great. The music box-like main menu theme is by far my favourite.
+Ah yes! And before I forget, the fact that I can play this on the web was interesting. I actually played this online the first time around because my computer refused to download this, so it was a good medium for those who can't/don't want to download the game ^w^

Great work! I can tell this game was the result of a looot of hard work :D
MoonlitWind wrote:And now~ I have a question. I've been unable to get the second CG in the "Other' category. .__. Is there some trick to it?
If you manage to get ALL the endings, you should be able to unlock it
(there are two endings for each guy; the main menu will change each time you 100% each guy's route)
I know it's not my place to say it (sorry!), but I thought I could help you out >.<

MoonlitWind

#68 Post by MoonlitWind »

Thanks Keelan! I managed to get it after your advise. I don't mind who answered it so long as it helped, which it did! XD

Virelai
Regular

#69 Post by Virelai »

Adorable, adorable, adorable. This wasn't actually much shorter than most VN's, the writing really captured and summarized a lot of the events very well. It didn't seem rushed, (though granted I wanted more LOL) and everything tied up very well.

Deon definitely, mainly because it just feels more complete, you know? And this was mentioned/answered in previous posts <<

This is very nice for a VN. If you do consider creating more short little ones like this, I'd say go for it! The only criticism I have is to make the routes a little more interesting and different? Of course, it depends on what type of story you're making. As for this story, the way all the routes kind of revealed information and had a relation to each other was good. But personally, I prefer different types of routes everytime just to be a little more exciting. However, you've done a brilliant brilliant job with this.

I'm really cheap so this question doesn't really apply to me ;-; But when I do get convinced enough to buy a VN, I would be willing to pay approx $5-10 depending on how long it is.

Way to go and keep up the good work!!

iamwhatonearth
Regular
Projects: The Town Called Data
Tumblr: iamwhatonearth
Deviantart: whatonearth

#70 Post by iamwhatonearth »

I got all the good and normal endings, I thought the game was good and the main screen changing was a nice touch.
Last edited by iamwhatonearth on Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alice PH
Regular

#71 Post by Alice PH »

HI :D YAAAAAAAAAY IT'S FINALLY FINISHED!! :DDDDD and my comments might be a liiiiiittle too long.

It's great, amazing, wonderful, awesome, I love it I love it I love it. I wasn't expecting the story to be dark (I try to avoid reading much of the info to avoid spoiling myself lol) It's amusing, surprising and fun to play. Aura is really cute and expressive! The cast was really cute too, Miss Maria didn't play a big part in the routes but her neko punch left a pretty huge impression on me. Lillie is adorable and her delusion about Sol and Aura 'hugging' is...Pretty imaginative. GOLD IS PRECIOUS. Even though she doesn't appear throughout the route but hearing from Sol and Deon just makes me wanna love her!

THIS IS HARD TO CHOOSE, THEY ALL LOOK TOO GOOD. Uh, this is personally my rant and thoughts on the route so...The answer is the first sentence below, you can skip the ranting xD
Deon. Deon. Deon. Deon is great. His route is great, his character is perfect (makes me wanna punch him for flirting too much too, that's great on my opinion hahaha!) He look too good, like really, my reactions were literally exactly the same as Aura throughout his route.
At first: A-a bear is flirting...I, I can't take it seriously...OMFG did he just k-k-k-kissed-- I swear I've seen that coming but still!!! >////< Then he turned back: HOLY Fuuuuuu, no, you can't be so handsome, go away, you make me unable to concentrate, you aren't supposed to close one eye and yell ow and look so perfect when I hand-chopped your head. *silly giggle throughout the game* And there are instances I went out for Aura, with the piano and such...And Deon's mother...PIANO. There's the last choice, and I was really surprised of how I felt there. I told myself, he doesn't need words, he just needs my support. And I was glad I chose that option. That made me realise in a short amount of time, I really knew and understood Deon so he's my fav baby bear XD
Ah, Sol, Sol, you princely cutie. Makes me wanna tease you so badly, but I can't. There's something unspeakable about him. I like him, I like guys with little ponytail like that, I would fall head first for that character design. I originally wanted to play him last but
seeing Deon and Royal fought on Deon's route and knowing the reason behind it made me lose the heart to get Royal's heart, so I'll play him last. I'm typing this as soon as I finished Deon's and then Sol's, haha. Okay so, Sol is great too, a genuine nice and attentive guy. I was really, concerned about him and the choices I made with him. Because I didn't want to hurt him or hurt Aura and when he treated Aura so coldly, I feel something died inside me. Did I said something wrong? I asked myself...And although Sol made me realise a lot of things, I feel like his route is seriously lacking romance. Sure, he did nice things and loved us but...I feel like Deon plays a bigger part on his route rather than Sol himself. Oh, you invite me to the house? Wanted to show me to the room, oh wait Lille interfered, in the kitchen, oh wait Deon appeared. Who appeared before Aura's bed first? Oh, Lille and subsequently DEON (goddamnit) even as we wanted to help repair the bond we ended up talking to DEON, ffs. It feels more like uncovering and helping to repair the bond more than romancing Sol. But the ending was pretty sweet and the moments with him definitely did made me feel like a Princess, he cared for Aura, he truly loved us, a bit too abrupt for my taste but still it's a sweet sweet route. It's a good route but definitely not the best.
Wow, Royal, WOW. My initial reaction is, grumpy oldie is gonna be the hardest to warm up and my personality would probably clash with him at least 200 times a day AND I WAS RIGHT, CLUTCHING MY FIST AND ATTEMPTING TO PUNCH HIM HAS BECAME A HABIT.
But of course, from Deon's route, I know he has a soft spot too...But...Not towards Aura....*sigh* but anyway, I understand why he's being so cold, I think, trust, is a really big problem I guess to everyone. I am proud to say I hurt my knee when I jumped when I read, Royal was on top of me and I was laughing and screaming xDD why do I have a feeling he wasn't kidding when he say he want my heart...I KNEW THEY WOULD REACH THAT CONCLUSION AT SOME POINT, YES. About Aura's heart and Gold's xD AHHH, I'M SPITING FIRE. Royal, you, and your scrowls, and your attractive body and beautiful eyes...And...AHHHHHHH. That's my whole thought process about Royal, he is good to tease tho, I like a guy who is good for teasing *^v^* I'm torn between thinking he's absolutely cute and really mean, he's soft then he's not...Then he's soft again, it's just too ;-; to watch Aura being throw around like that..I know he cares, I know he is nice but whenever I think of Gold like Aura did, it just...draw me down. WHY IS HE SAYING STUFFS LIKE HE WON'T LET DEON TOUCH ME. DON'T PLAY WITH MY/AURA'S FEELINGS YOU PRICK. AND THEN HE STABBED ME WITH HIS WORDS AGAIN. Overall it's a rollercoaster to me, my second fav route, not because it was bad or any worse than Deon but...I mean, I love him, in a...Platonic way and it's true he makes me feel more than anyone else in the game, but I'm a pretty idealistic person, I would avoid getting hurt in every way possible so Royal, I love you but you hurt my feelings way too much, bittersweet the most realistic route of all.
As stated above for Sol, the love came too..Sudden and unexplained. Although the same can go for Deon but it felt more complete with after his human form with his bear form flirting. Besides, at least he mentioned it was love at first sight and his advances was normal until...
He brought us into the secret room.
The art is great, story is pretty well constructed too and I love the endings :D Not to mention the concept is quite unique and quite funny xD

.....Um, which currency are we talking about? Since I'm a Singaporean, maybe...let's see...$10-$20 ish? I don't know if that's high or low to be perfectly honest xD but hell, this can qualify as a commercial game!
If you give your words on the game that you will finish.
I will wait. Let it be 2 years,4 years or more ★

midnightcapricorn

#72 Post by midnightcapricorn »

Just finished the game and completely loved it! I play otome games a lot, and this one really stood out for being so sweet and original <3 I usually don't post on the forum but I felt like I had to for such a great game!!!

It was honestly adorable. I was a little hesitant at first. Romancing teddy bears was not something I could seriously imagine myself doing, but I loved the relationship development that happened when they were teddy bears and then the romance that ensued once the guys turned human. Plus they were all super hot so that helped too haha. I only wish there would have been a little more connection to the fairy tale but I thought the story of Gold and how she played into each of the routes was done really well in that she never once felt like an unnecessary character.
All of the routes were so wonderful, but Deon was definitely my favorite. I usually don't like the flirty type but I felt like his flirting was mostly more teasing than actually trying to get in Aura's pants 24/7!! He was just such a sweetheart, and I honestly thought that
his reason for wanting the curse to stay
was the most heartfelt and genuine out of all of the guys. BUT loved all the routes so much and will definitely be playing them again.
The only thing that I had an issue with was that Sol's and Royal's routes felt a bit rushed at the end. I think even if there was just one or two more scenes between Aura and the two their confessions at the end would have felt a lot more organic. However, I'm also a huge fan of really slow built romance so it could just be me!
If you make another game of this length, and it costs $5-7 I would totally buy it. If the game was longer I would totally pay $15-20 for it. I'm all about supporting small games if they are worth the money (:

Pick_One
Regular

#73 Post by Pick_One »

Congrats on releasing the completed game! I saw the news a few day later, but I was unable to play it, until like a week passed. But I couldn't play it for long so I hold it off with finishing it until like another week or two passed. Then I was able to finish it. I wanted to write a review right after or as soon as possible, but didn't had the time until recently, which I went back and forth on it whenever I had the chance. I did made several notes about the game as I played it, but details are sort of murky. Anyways I will try my best to adequately express most of my thoughts about the game, in order to help you guys. Plus I really do think all the hard work you guys put into this, deserve as much feedback as possible.

Like I had mentioned in my other previous posts, the sprites are nice and the guys' teddy bear forms are cute. Younger versions of the characters would be fun to see but I understand that would take time and more work to do those. I like the variety of expressions and some are amusing. I do have to admit at one point, I did thought Lillie's and Gold's eyes felt kinda odd because of the size in relation with the way they were angle. I felt the movements of the sprites were good, not wonky like in some other visual novels and thought some of them were a cute touch. I noticed little touches of effort to push the presentation of the game;
such as the eye catch cards (those transition images),how the light for the mansion turned on in the beginning when I notice some other games wouldn't have shown any visual changes, the zooming out from the first appearance of the mansion, when there is a brief pause as Aura admits that she's lost, shaking of the screen to convey annoyance and such, and I think Aura's dialogue was rushed then cut off when she was afraid of Miss.Maria, etc. I also thought the changes to main menu when you finish each guys' routes was a great idea, very satisfying to see. I like that it shows their personality very well.(btw i notice for the demo version....the main menu also changed the guys back to their human forms. I was pretty surprise!)
I like those touches of detail and I feel if you guys had more time, there would be more of them which can help if you want to make a commercial game, or make the game more polish looking than other visual novels. Makes the game feel less static too.

I liked some of the CGs, some were cute and funny such as
Lillie's imagination and Aura trying to sew Royal up.
Some were pretty to look, I particularly like
the CG of Deon playing the piano. Also...yay for the kissing CGs! When I played Sol route, I got the normal ending at first and it took a few times to get the best ending, so I didn't get the wedding dress CG for awhile. I kept waiting for something like that, then I was like yay when I finally I got it!
I think it was good idea that all three guys had equal amounts of CGs. Also the CGs showed almost all the important scenes I wanted to see. I have to admit a few need a bit of polishing in terms of the drawing, but I still feel you can see the effort and good quality of these CGs. Overall, a pretty CG gallery though, made me pretty happy when I got all of them.

I found the story enjoyable. Overall story was quite simple but that suited the length of the game, it didn't get convoluted or confusing in attempt to have a complicated plot. Some parts felt kinda a bit rushed (understandable because of the game length and the time needed in order to flesh the story out) and I personally sort of wanted more romance development for Sol and Royal? Also I think it's a good idea to expand and talk more
about Aura's feelings on being alone after she lost her family and about finally finding her place, especially since some endings (two?? I feel that there was more than one that mention it... sorry, been a few weeks since I last finished the game. ^^;;) kinda of concluded/ wrapped up on this theme.
Only in Deon's route,
do you find out anything about Aura's father (which is important part of Aura's feelings of loneliness), and I thought it was kinda abrupt and fast in the way the game told the player about what had happen to him. Personally for me, my reaction was like what?! oh no! then I didn't have much feeling about it afterwards? And I have to admit, after the issue with music was resolved, I felt that the whole thing (the issue with music) felt kinda rushed.
But I still felt the story for Deon's route was more fulfilling and a bit more interesting. I don't know, but I just feel that I like the unique interactions from all the characters in his route, even if isn't much. Well, Royal
had an important presence in the route and I very much enjoyed Royal interaction with Deon.
Miss Maria and Lillie didn't say much, but I still thought what they said, wasn't just random filler and they gave an idea of what the personality of the characters were like. I could only remember what unique dialogue that Miss. Maria had in Deon's route, awhile in the others' routes I am unable to. lol... I could say more and also include a bit more specifically why his route feels more fulfilling, but that would probably make this post much longer and take much longer for me to be able to express them into words plus go through the game a few times. ^^;; Hmm... I guess personally for me, his route just feels more 'complete' than the others somehow?
(well...Deon is the oldest among the guys and was originally the heir so he knows the secrets but I feel it's a little more than that...)
And well, his route was fun to read especially when he was a bear. lol.

I think Sol's route was my least favorite but it doesn't mean I didn't like it, I thought it had some nice funny and cute moments. I felt bad for him and right away understood
his hidden desire to keep the cursed barrier intact. Plus I was interested when I saw a different side to him, the one who isn't all cheerful and 'prince-like'.
Royal's route was decent for me and I admit it took me a bit to be like,
okay so there is romance between Aura and Royal, but it made sense to me when I thought about it (I'm guessing part of it is because his love turned into strong feelings of guilt for Gold?) and also sometimes such romances like theirs is best to enjoy without much thought (bickering couples like them could be pretty fun). I did went like oh no when he got singed by the barrier
and there were moments that amused me, so his route wasn't boring.

I thought the writing at times was very good, other times a few wording were kinda odd, but that didn't happen much. There was also a few writing errors but I understood what was being said and I personally didn't felt really bother by it. And the writing didn't have this much, but I recall something like a few slight error in story constancy? I could be wrong and would have to relocate those to be more specific. But still, I wasn't actually confuse and again, didn't really felt bother by them. For example, I'm not sure but one very minor error was Aura and another character was mention leaving a room, when they actually were at the hallways in the first place.
And in Sol's route, Deon wasn't aware that their father wanted to marry off Gold, but in his own route, Deon knew about it.
Maybe I'm overthinking it and for other players, they don't care about this. If so, just ignore what I just said.. ;; Overall it was still good writing and it showed Aura's attentive nature, hinting to the player that something is more than what it first appears, which can be helpful.

I got both Deon's endings on the first try. Royal's endings didn't take long to get. But Sol's best ending.... the only choice that prevented me from getting the best ending was
that one part where you could either try to talk to Gold or leave. I don't quite understand why leaving the room is the best choice. Personally, although I understand the skepticism in a way, but if this part was much earlier, it would make more sense? But also choosing that choice doesn't help Sol or anyone, make him like you more, bring him closer to you, or like have any more importance compare to the other choice? Nor did it end up in a different result with any important plot difference. Overall, I'm not sure how it brings the player closer to the best ending. If it was one of those kind of choices where you can pick either one and it won't change what ending you get, I would be fine with that sort of thing. Or just leave out the choice path at that part or make something else a choice path. I guess this just a nitpicking thing to talk about, and I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way (like I said, I understand in a way why Aura felt skeptical),
so I wasn't sure if I wanted to mention this, but decided I might as well say it since it did slightly bother me right after I finally got his best ending. (which took many tries to get....@_@) If no one else feels this way, then you can just ignore the nitpicking. Plus I think it might not be uncommon in other visual novels, where players disagree about what should be consider best choice. ^^; Other than that, I think which choice for the best ending for the other choice paths, was pretty easy to figure out once you give some thoughts to it, which is a good thing. It isn't flat out easy obvious but it isn't difficult after some thinking. Also, I think there were a good amount of moments where you get presented with choices, which is of course very nice. :)

Okay, I guess I will add in some random comments as I wrap this up....
I recommend a history and a back button especially if you want to make a commercial game?
At one point, Aura's name disappear from top of the textbox when having a conversation with Royal. Extremely minor but I guess I will mention it anyways? lol..
I thought the mention of
humanity being taken away when they become toys,
was an interesting idea.
I like the music for the main menu, sounds sweet and shoujo fairytale like? As for the other music, I did at one point felt it got sort of a bit repetitive (probably because of going over and over through the game for all the endings?), but they were still nice and sometimes soothing to listen to.

I think I pretty much answer all the questions expect for the last one. Sorry, but I don't see myself buying games as of now, so I feel that I can't set a good personal price that this game might deserve. Hmm....I think a price range of $6 to $9.99 is good? I'm basing this on a quick look through visual novels on Steam, since I think that's the place where most people including ones who don't really play visual novels, will buy their VNs. I don't know many of the VNs there or have very vague knowledge about a few them, so yea... the price range is a rough estimate on where I think your VN fit in compare to other VNs and what it deserve compare to those (well, ones that I have vague knowledge of anyways...) plus the popularity of those VNs (vague idea of how many people had brought them from what I have seen and had enjoy them.). But all these factors can sort of clash with each other...like there are very popular games that I feel is priced much higher than what it deserves and comparing to cheaper games that are much better quality....So please kind in mind that the price range I just gave, isn't really reliable or should be taken seriously.... Sorry can't really help on this area... You can check that place out if you haven't already, and other places that sell VNs plus find out what people are saying and their opinions on the prices. On side note, if you are interested in mobile versions of VN, the pricing will be completely different. But um....yea, I'm not knowledgeable about pricing visual novels and such..... ;;

I also want to say that it isn't necessary to make long games or a game longer than this, for a story to be well told. It depends on the story and what you want to tell/give to the players/readers. I notice the manga,anime,stories,etc that I like, are short. It might be harder if you want to make a short otome game with a well told, completely flesh out story that isn't rush at all, but it's possible? Anyways, again it depends so if you think your new story will benefit from being told in a longer length, then go for it. But I guess I should also add that I often see many people tend to want long games if they are going to pay for them (price in relation to the gameplay time), despite how everything might be high quality including a great story being told magnificently, which is understandable.... but yea I will leave it on that, since this post is already too long and I'm not knowledgeable on this. ^^;;

There are a couple of more stuff that I noted, but this is pretty much most of what I wanted to say...(this post pretty much became a long rant...lol...) Thank you guys for trying so hard and releasing this game even though you guys wanted to add more to it. And bonus, it's free! This is very good for a first game! Good luck on future projects! Hope this long post helps. ^^;

Mystyk
IRC Nick: Mystyk

#74 Post by Mystyk »

I really like the idea of using toys! It was cute and original in my opinion! Although the game didn't really contain surprising moments (so like plot twists?) /to me personally/ and had some cliché moments that happen in mangas (like girl tripping and guy catching), but that's exactly what I LOVE!!!!! (so I really hope you don't take it negatively, because I mean it in a constructive but still positive way)
Royal, because he wasn't blonde and he was hard to get (?), it's like...once he gets out of his shell, he is the cutest *o*

I enjoyed the game, so I can't say too much, maybe people already mentioned this before, I just thought that on some of the CGs the proportion of the characters wasn't really the best (maybe?) (but I can't even do this much so I can't really complain xD). (oh and put more guy characters with glasses! *o* lmao)

I'm sorry but I don't like spending on games in general.

It's a very nice game and I enjoyed playing it! I was kind of excited to unlock all guys (because I first went on the Sol route but I wanted to go for Royal and it was really late so I didn't want to stay up all night xD). But anyway, I really liked the art and the story was lovely too, I'm glad this game was made, thank you so much for it! I hope you'll keep on making VNs! :3

riiko08
Regular
Completed: Locked Heart, Cinderella Phenomenon
Organization: DICESUKI
Deviantart: kooriiko

#75 Post by riiko08 »

Omg! I haven't visited this thread for a while since I've been focusing so much on my next otome game!

I've been very busy lately, and although I can't reply to all your wonderful comments, rest assured that I've thoroughly read everything and will definitely keep all your suggestions in mind! Thank you so, so much for playing and giving the time to give your feedback //sobs
This makes me more motivated to make sure our next game will be better than this one.