A Parting at the Space Port

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
LordDarknus

A Parting at the Space Port

#1 Post by LordDarknus »

This is a short game, with almost no sound/music, and little to no art/graphics.

It's a story set in a dystopian future that's much like our current time.

Credits and thanks goes to Alcaknight because I used two of her songs.
(They're quite good, and this VN would probably be soundless otherwise)
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 52&t=36394

Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0ibY ... lVXcE10LXc

EDIT:
I'm very sorry! I forgot to set the default text speed to something slower than infinite, and that a few screen-shaking effects don't show up because I set "config.developer = False" in "options.rpy" ; since the grey-white checkerboard / transparency grid behind the scenes gets disabled and a pure black screen would have nothing to contrast against when hpunch or vpunch is used...

When you play, or replay anyway, you should adjust the text speed to a slower value, and set "config.developer = True" in "options.rpy" in the "game" folder.

Thanks. And sorry!

EDIT EDIT:
Never mind. I updated it. Still the same name because the problem is so minor that I don't feel it needs a new version designation.

The only thing that has changed is:

config.developer = True

config.default_text_cps = 45

You can just use Notepad or any basic text editor to change the original values, from "False" and "0", to "True" and "45"; so you don't need to re-download the whole thing if you already have it.

The file is "options.rpy", inside the "game" folder.

I hope there aren't any other issues...?

Thank you.

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

Re: A Parting at the Space Port

#2 Post by AsHLeX »

"I'm afraid i'm made of mettle, sir."
It should be metal instead of mettle.

Other than that it's all good :)
I really liked the story, to be honest. I had Alcaknight's playlist playing in the background which added to the mood, but the story was good.
I actually think the lack of diagrams and the black and white pictures added to the mood really well. The only thing i could say in terms of improvement is probably to add some more music which would enhance the mood.
I'm actually really confused. Do you mind explaining the story to me? Like what actually happened in the end? Did he end up leaving earth and Anna behind?
Good job on your KN!! :D
New demo out 24/12/23!!

LordDarknus

#3 Post by LordDarknus »

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry for this late reply! I didn't know that you posted a reply AsHLeX! I haven't checked the thread in a while. Sorry, sorry!
AsHLeX wrote:"I'm afraid i'm made of mettle, sir."
It should be metal instead of mettle.
Uhh... oh, she was just making a silly pun...

https://www.google.com/search?q=mettle
[quote="Google Search "mettle""]met·tle
ˈmedl/

noun
noun: mettle; plural noun: mettles

a person's ability to cope well with difficulties or to face a demanding situation in a spirited and resilient way.
"the team showed their true mettle in the second half"

synonyms:
- spirit, fortitude, strength of character, moral fiber, steel, determination, resolve, resolution, backbone, grit, true grit, courage, courageousness, bravery, valor, fearlessness, daring; informal guts, spunk, balls
"a man of mettle"

- caliber, character, disposition, nature, temperament, personality, makeup, stamp
"Frazer was of a very different mettle"

Origin:
mid 16th century: specialized spelling (used for figurative senses) of metal.[/quote]
AsHLeX wrote:Other than that it's all good :)
I really liked the story, to be honest. I had Alcaknight's playlist playing in the background which added to the mood, but the story was good.
I actually think the lack of diagrams and the black and white pictures added to the mood really well. The only thing i could say in terms of improvement is probably to add some more music which would enhance the mood.
Oh.. Thank You! :D
Hmm.. yeah, I guess some more music would have added to the mood... Thanks!
AsHLeX wrote:
I'm actually really confused. Do you mind explaining the story to me? Like what actually happened in the end? Did he end up leaving earth and Anna behind?
The story? It's.. basically showing a world where ruthlessly greedy, morally-bankrupt, and extremely short-sighted people have been running the government, and the protagonists (who are "little people" in their world) argue pointedly, and angst a little, about their struggles to maintain humanity; even if one of them isn't actually human.

As for what happened in the end? Well... I didn't think I'd left it that vague when I wrote that scene originally to accommodate multiple choices of endings, but... now that I think about it, I rather leave it open to interpretation.

You can decide for yourself what decisions the characters ultimately made, or will make, and what each different scenario would imply about them.
If you really want a simple answer though: I decided that Anna left Earth, and life goes on still, emptier and less.
AsHLeX wrote:Good job on your KN!! :D
Thank You Very Much!! :P

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#4 Post by AsHLeX »

Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me! :)
Opps, my bad. I'm quite a blur person ^^"
All the best in your future endeavours :)
New demo out 24/12/23!!