Senpai, Please Look at me! [GxB] [Otome, Slice-of-Life]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
keelan

Re: Senpai, Please Look at me! [GxB] [Otome, Slice-of-Life]

#16 Post by keelan »

YO, THAT PICTURE (*snorts at the production name*) and while i say that, i'm not too well-versed in my filipino culture, so if that's an inside joke or something then i'm sorry

But yeah, I'm oddly dedicated to this game X)
I managed to get to the 'immediate force crashing' (which I do hope was the end of it). James though, the poor dear D: I don't think I can look at him the same way ever again... And there's really no way to get the game to a complete clear state, is there (so I can play from the beginning beginning again)? I stole someone else's laptop so my friends can get the full experience, but I was wondering if it was possible to get around the permanent...ness.
I'll let you know what the others think of it later!

Fuyu Tsukuyane

#17 Post by Fuyu Tsukuyane »

@-@ made this account just to post that I loved the game.
I didn't even know about the extra stuff until I read other posts looking on how to get the 5th ending >.> I feel like there should be something at the end saying be persistent XD I also got the cake ending with breaking the wall before the normal one on accident XD
I personally vote for senpai! *^*
I named him Airou. XD

silversporksama
Regular
Completed: Senpai WataMite, Last Couple Minutes
Organization: Tokkimeki
Tumblr: Tokkimeki
Deviantart: Tokkimeki
itch: tokkimeki

#18 Post by silversporksama »

keelan wrote:YO, THAT PICTURE (*snorts at the production name*) and while i say that, i'm not too well-versed in my filipino culture, so if that's an inside joke or something then i'm sorry

But yeah, I'm oddly dedicated to this game X)
I managed to get to the 'immediate force crashing' (which I do hope was the end of it). James though, the poor dear D: I don't think I can look at him the same way ever again... And there's really no way to get the game to a complete clear state, is there (so I can play from the beginning beginning again)? I stole someone else's laptop so my friends can get the full experience, but I was wondering if it was possible to get around the permanent...ness.
I'll let you know what the others think of it later!
THERE ACTUALLY IS A LITTLE ITTY BIT OF AN IN-JOKE IN IT BUT IM PLEASANTLY SURPRISED AND VERY GLAD YOU UNDERSTOOD
expect to see that production name up on the forums here someday when i decide to make something that isnt otome... who am i kidding here otome is my lifeblood

You really are dedicated to the game. I swear, to make all that progress so quickly...
Reaching that point of force crashing justifies the fact. I'd ask what kept you persistent, buuuut I'm pretty sure you were still suspicious about all the hidden secrets of the game ahaha;;

There's a way, and I'm not too keen on sharing it. At least, that's what I'm saying now, I mean, I've been saying I'd keep my mouth shut but here I am tossing around hints like confetti every now and then...
Fuyu Tsukuyane wrote:@-@ made this account just to post that I loved the game.
I didn't even know about the extra stuff until I read other posts looking on how to get the 5th ending >.> I feel like there should be something at the end saying be persistent XD I also got the cake ending with breaking the wall before the normal one on accident XD
I personally vote for senpai! *^*
I named him Airou. XD
ANOTHER ONE JOINS THE FRAY WELCOME TO THE LSF PLEASE ACCEPT THIS COMPLIMENTARY BOTTLE OF "THANK YOU" - FRESH TEARS WATER AND A LOVELY FRUIT BASKET MY FRIEND
because oh gosh when you guys start your post like that i get these sudden palpitations like??? thank??? you!!! so much?!?! your love for the game is overwhelming me
this is all keelan's fault isnt it tsk tsk kidding omg but boy do you guys love peeking into spoilers or what? :))

We purposely left out hints (the version from two years ago had too many oh my god the version two years ago was an entirely different twist) so you guys literally wouldn't expect anything and we seriously believed it would take like some miraculous curious player a month or so to realize why the game file is pretty large for its size haha;;

Also can I just say, you guys have such a good naming sense for senpai omg his in-development nickname isnt anywhere as cool as the names you two picked;;;;
THE ODDS HAVE BEEN EVENED WITH A SCORE OF 2-2 unless we count rainbow's post as a point for James? uh does it count as a point for James? Let's just leave that as is for now;;;

Rainbow Colors
Regular
Projects: Come Here Often?

#19 Post by Rainbow Colors »

Noooo, count me as Senpai's pls ^^ sorry James, you'd have to be That Supportive Bestfriend(TM)
I named him Mithras, after a character I made in another story of mine >u>

And as for the production name, are they suuuure it's just talk? :P not that I ship them, but senpai is awfully ambiguous at the possibilities that may unfold between James and him.

~targetting every otome game at the speed of sound
(because if I did it at the speed of light, I'd be time travelling)

silversporksama
Regular

#20 Post by silversporksama »

Rainbow Colors wrote:Noooo, count me as Senpai's pls ^^ sorry James, you'd have to be That Supportive Bestfriend(TM)
I named him Mithras, after a character I made in another story of mine >u>

And as for the production name, are they suuuure it's just talk? :P not that I ship them, but senpai is awfully ambiguous at the possibilities that may unfold between James and him.
THATS A 3-2 FAVORING TOWARDS SENPAI THEN HMMMM
Mithras sounds so cool and fantasy-like aaaahhh that puts him right on the "mysterious unattainable upperclassman" category;;;

IN FAIRNESS DI KO NA-EXPECT NA MAY MAGE-GETS DITO TSK KAYO HA TAS ANG IMAHINASYON MO PA AY NAKU
senpai's just bein the cool bean he is with the scenario, I mean, he's probably used to these kinds of situations. I'm actually surprised it's senpai's ambiguity you're focused on and not James being so antsy and defensive! ;;

Rainbow Colors
Regular
Projects: Come Here Often?

#21 Post by Rainbow Colors »

silversporksama wrote: THATS A 3-2 FAVORING TOWARDS SENPAI THEN HMMMM
Mithras sounds so cool and fantasy-like aaaahhh that puts him right on the "mysterious unattainable upperclassman" category;;;

IN FAIRNESS DI KO NA-EXPECT NA MAY MAGE-GETS DITO TSK KAYO HA TAS ANG IMAHINASYON MO PA AY NAKU
senpai's just bein the cool bean he is with the scenario, I mean, he's probably used to these kinds of situations. I'm actually surprised it's senpai's ambiguity you're focused on and not James being so antsy and defensive! ;;
team senpai <3
Oh, no, panic and denial's expected - it's that sort of thing suitable only for teasing(and not real life applications(?)) because the guy's awfully defensive about it. But ambiguity seems to take on a more serious tone like, wait was he seriously considering it? And he's not giving his clear stance on it? .___.

And the original Mithras guy is from a fantasy story I'm working on, yep. Mysterious, check. Unattainable, check. Upperclassman, probably, yeah, I mean he's at least centuries old.

At any rate, there are more filipinos here than you think. (probably)
I suppose I'll stop now before I make this thread seem like a discussion better done in PMs.

Oh, and are you planning to make other games in the future? I'll be sure to keep an eye out for updates, I mean, this one did manage to interest me. >u>

~targetting every otome game at the speed of sound
(because if I did it at the speed of light, I'd be time travelling)

silversporksama
Regular

#22 Post by silversporksama »

Rainbow Colors wrote:Oh, and are you planning to make other games in the future? I'll be sure to keep an eye out for updates, I mean, this one did manage to interest me. >u>
Definitely! We have a few works in progress we might blow the dust off of (and by "we" I actually mean me because this game is the first time I've actually worked with something of a team) and several other things in queue. If there's anything I can spill without cursing progress into oblivion, it's that a NaNoRenO piece is definitely up there and the concept is around as old as Senpai WataMite. Yikes.
Probably won't have any fourth wall breaking in the next couple of games though.
If you happen to have a tumblr, do give us a follow over at silversporkpro for updates, or like our FB page (also silversporkpro!) for much faster ones! *^*

Plugging aside, we intend to to extend the Q&A segment over to those said pages since there are some more questions left unanswered ("What's on your playlist, senpai?") and I'm sure you guys might have more to add. ("What is James' home address")

so yeah adding to stuff you guys can go right ahead and post or message or ask or whatever! It's nice to have an excuse to not shut up about this project! :))

silversporksama
Regular

#23 Post by silversporksama »

The official walkthrough is up, everybody! \o/

In case you need some help getting those feelings over to senpai!~

Doodled
Tumblr: doodledmcfroodled

#24 Post by Doodled »

Good game! I like the aesthetic direction you went with it, and the characters were pretty likable as well. I love the tone-of-voice that Protag had in her head, too.
I figured out how to get a full, clean reset of the game. Would you mind if I shared, or should I keep that a secret?

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#25 Post by MimirollCookie »

I forgot to say,
Is this your first game? It's really impressive for a first game!

I personally vote for JAMES!!

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

#26 Post by runeraccoon »

I cheated and used walkthrough + skip read scenes, using up my 2 hours to finish up until there's no new contents. (THOUGH I'M STILL SUSPICIOUS and kinda wishing there's still more afff)

So based on the spoilers, I knew there was a high replayability in this game, but I DIDN'T EXPECT TO HAVE THIS MUCH FEELS TTATT

I seriously can't pick one, that very last ending is perfect and the Q&A makes me want to hook the two up, though not as much as hooking up with one for myself. But if I really, really, REALLY have to choose one, I'm going to pick James.
That's because when the game kept crashing, all I could think up was how worried I was for James and whether I could see him again or not. Senpai's last words before it went meta kinda makes me happy, but the happiest moment for me is when the game entered the latter half and James was all "I'm so happy to see you again. You don't know how much I've missed you." and I was all like, "ME TOO //crai".
Considering I
named Senpai with my eternal crush's name from my childhood, which of course made me automatically have FEELS for Senpai,
the fact that I chose James also surprised me. :") Senpai's reason is really heartwrenching, though. It's rational, I could see where he came from, what made him do this. His personality and everything. At first I thought he would be going psycho and murderous on me or James, but the face he showed was, instead, really heartwarming and he's truly kind, that I think the last variation ending
with Senpai gets to be buddies with these two dorks
is the best.

I mean, I seriously don't mind pouring my love on either of them. Why are they so loveableeee.... TT/////TT

I'm totally gushing over this game. Thank you, too, to make this game small. I didn't get to frustration stage and it was good. I love this to bits and pieces. I want Senpai to be my son too SOHBS.

Edit:
So. After the gushing is over and I can finally be coherent again, here are some more categorized comments:
- I know the art is rough, but personally, for James, I like his past proportion better. This is personal taste, of course. But I think Senpai's sprite is improved leaps and bounds. In the end, the rough artistic style grows on me lmao.
- I love the partial voice acting, and complete lines for each ending (+ variation). Really good. Both have distinctive voice, but it's not stereotypically different. Kudos for the voice actors!
- On the whole text, I could only notice two typos. The first is "deperate" (lacking s), and the other I forgot. Both were in the latter half
- The music's loop is slightly off beat. I noticed that first when James appeared again, though, so I thought it was deliberate, but it wasn't.
- I think the dialogue text is slightly jarring. When there's a split in the half, sometimes it shows the text like a new one, blinking the whole text box, and it's slightly disturbing. Nothing major, though.
- The writing is superb. There. I just want to say it.
- I almost missed the Bonus button lmao, had to repeat the last variation 3 times before realizing it was there in the main menu.
- I want to replay it again from a clean slate to have that Senpai scene, please tell me how ugu ; A ;

RalphSenpai
Completed: Best Friends
Projects: Sweet and Spices (NaNo'16)

#27 Post by RalphSenpai »

I liked the story, and for a first visual novel it is so BEAUTIFUL!

Name that I pick: Rin
I vote for- JAMES!!!!

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran

#28 Post by MimirollCookie »

RalphSenpai wrote:I liked the story, and for a first visual novel it is so BEAUTIFUL!
It's true!! ^^

silversporksama
Regular

#29 Post by silversporksama »

LONG POST OF REPLIES COMING UP my eyes are watering up i dont know where to start with the thank-yous;;;
Doodled wrote:Good game! I like the aesthetic direction you went with it, and the characters were pretty likable as well. I love the tone-of-voice that Protag had in her head, too.
I figured out how to get a full, clean reset of the game. Would you mind if I shared, or should I keep that a secret?
I'M GLAD I'M SO GLAD and im especially since you liked the protag as well!! One thing I've noticed in a big chunk of otoge is that the heroine is either too much of a blank slate (which kind of works if you want to project yourself, or if there's a large cast of pursuable characters), or unlikeable in some way ("a pushover", "passive", etc... I personally don't mind those traits but that very set happens far too often...)
shhh let's keep this a secret for now, my friend :3c who knows when that game-locking data may come of use in a future project...
MimirollCookie wrote:I forgot to say,
Is this your first game? It's really impressive for a first game!

I personally vote for JAMES!!
First game we/(I...?) ever finished, actually. I've got around 10 (more or less) old projects on hold or cancelled, so I guess that might mean something? :)) There are actually a few aspects from some of those games that were incorporated into Senpai WataMite!

Thats's an even 3-3 for both boys now! Wew!
fuicchi wrote:I cheated and used walkthrough + skip read scenes, using up my 2 hours to finish up until there's no new contents. (THOUGH I'M STILL SUSPICIOUS and kinda wishing there's still more afff)

So based on the spoilers, I knew there was a high replayability in this game, but I DIDN'T EXPECT TO HAVE THIS MUCH FEELS TTATT
F FIRST OF ALL THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS REVIEW im such a sucker for reviews aaaa pretty much gushing over review as much as you've been gushing over the game here
>"At first I thought he would be going psycho and murderous on me or James, but the face he showed was, instead, really heartwarming and he's truly kind"
N,,,NERVOUS SWEATING,,,,
I'm glad to hear things went out as we hoped they would, and that you love all the characters <3 <3 <3 Thank you for loving the characters and the game so much, fuicchi!~ ;v; Reading this kind of thing is an absolute delight!

As for those "more coherent" parts of your review... uh responses not in order but:
>Unfortunately, we can't disclose how to fully reset the game just yet(?) :3c In due time, my friend...
>I'm happy to finally know where the typos are. to be honest. *_* Our head tester informed me about them but wasn't able to point out where they were when telling me, so I really had trouble trying to figure out where they were...
>The click to continue appearing on a separate line... we've tried revising or adding to some lines to fix that but it was difficult finding all those skips @A@ But we'll take note of that for future projects!
>I'll try to get one of my more musically-inclined friends on the team for a future project as well :)) I actually attempted to make the loops myself, so that's why they're pretty sloppy ahaha;;;
>SO GLAD YOU LIKE THE WRITING AAAAAH there are actually parts written by co-developer/james' owner Ryn??? I was a little worried our dialogue and characterization would clash or not work out well together so im glad it turned out nice for you!!
especially since everything after the crash was revised in secret and i wasnt able to consult ryn about james very often aaah
>Our dev+test team actually had this little joke about the most significant (positive?) changes in James' sprite... Imagine like, two or three more revisions to the art...
And at this, we get 4 for james, and 3 for senpai!!!
RalphSenpai wrote:I liked the story, and for a first visual novel it is so BEAUTIFUL!

Name that I pick: Rin
I vote for- JAMES!!!!
AAAAAAaaAAA thank youuuu RalphSenpai ;___; and to MimirollCookie as well!!

Current standing is 5 points for James and 3 for Senpai!

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran

#30 Post by MimirollCookie »

Kyaaa!~
Hope you like it! (•///•)
James!!
James!!