✮ Lifted Dreams - [Romance/Drama][BxG]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: ✮ [Updated!] Lifted Dreams - [Romance/Drama][BxG] ✮

#16 Post by Zelan »

RamRam wrote:
Zelan wrote:It must be an issue with my computer, then. Every image is just showing up as a question mark box. :/ It's good to hear that you still have everything, though, so I should be able to see everything fine in the final game!

Just curious, is anyone else having this issue with this thread? I'm using a Mac.
Oh, I'm so sorry about this. When I viewed this thread in another device, I did only see boxes. So I went and uploaded the images in another hosting site. I hope it works fine now. :)
They work now! ^_^ Looks like that did the trick. The art is gorgeous!

RamRam
Regular
Projects: Lifted Dreams
Deviantart: sonheelight

Re: ✮ [COMPLETED] Lifted Dreams - [Romance/Drama][BxG] ✮

#17 Post by RamRam »

Game is now completed! :D Please see the first post for the update. Thank you!

Note: I already reported this thread to be moved in the Completed Games Forum.
Last edited by RamRam on Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

FourEyesGirl

Re: ✮ [COMPLETED] Lifted Dreams - [Romance/Drama][BxG] ✮

#18 Post by FourEyesGirl »

Yaaaaay! :D

RamRam
Regular

Re: ✮ Lifted Dreams - [Romance/Drama][BxG]

#19 Post by RamRam »

The game has been uploaded to gamejolt. See link in the first post. :)
Completed Project!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#20 Post by Zelan »

i've only played the first few minutes and i'm already having an existential crisis holy crap

I can't believe how polished this game is, especially for a free game! The opening video is well done, the GUI's fantastic, and the voice acting is surprisingly great! I'm usually not a fan of it, but it really adds to this VN.

RamRam
Regular

#21 Post by RamRam »

Zelan wrote:i've only played the first few minutes and i'm already having an existential crisis holy crap

I can't believe how polished this game is, especially for a free game! The opening video is well done, the GUI's fantastic, and the voice acting is surprisingly great! I'm usually not a fan of it, but it really adds to this VN.
Thank you so much! :)

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#22 Post by MimirollCookie »

OMG I CANT WAIT FOR THE ANDROID VERSION!
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#23 Post by Godline »

Pssst, there is an android version. Type Lifted Dreams into the Google Play store search. ;)

I don't think I commented on the thread before but I really did like this game. It does get into some really deep issues, and it's wonderfully polished.

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#24 Post by MimirollCookie »

Godline wrote:Pssst, there is an android version. Type Lifted Dreams into the Google Play store search. ;)

I don't think I commented on the thread before but I really did like this game. It does get into some really deep issues, and it's wonderfully polished.
Sup! I downloaded the android version! It was nice, but the Extras screen had a bug. ^_^;
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#25 Post by Godline »

Really? I'll look into that as soon as possible. :(

Miss Skizzors
Regular

#26 Post by Miss Skizzors »

No! No! No! I hate visual novels that make me cry! I hate them! I hate them! I hate them!... I love them...

Spoilers below... obviously. That's why I added the spoiler box.
With that Faye-esque outburst out of the way... Wow! Just... wow! I just had to take more than an hour out because your VN a little too much effect on me. It's really quite spooky by the way. I swear I went insane during reading that. Maybe I'm too susceptible to characters. Antagonistic Faye reminded me too much of myself. :?

1. What made you play the game?
I was bored and I want to give feedback to people who create VN's. It also helps me think about how I might do some things in future.

2. Are the visuals appealing to you?
Very! I wasn't so sure about the outdoor backgrounds at first, in the sense that they were unusual (the art wasn't bad or anything, I just found it an odd choice)... but stylistically they really worked.

3. Considering the length of the game which is very short,
should I have included more character development or was
it enough for it's length?

Both. I don't think you can ever really work too hard on developing characters. Every little idea brings them closer to perfection. But ultimately, I liked the characters. My only concern is that Faye had a little more depth to her, despite being shrouded in mystery, than anyone else. I wouldn't have wanted that toned down, but rather, you could've given more to them. Particularly in the case of Chelsea. I don't mean to be condescending, and I'm sure there would've been more to her had this been a longer story... but I figured for the sake of collaborative improvement I should link you a video I found yesterday that was simple yet interesting and helped me realize some flaws in characters I'd come up with. I'm not sure that it really does apply to Chelsea that heavily, but it's short and good to bear in mind. So I'll just leave that here. Oh, and yes, he's primarily talking about the protagonist role, but I think it applies to others too.

4. What do you think about heroines that are also antagonists?
I absolutely love them. It's a level of depth that is so hard to give characters by other means. There are ways, but I think antagonists who are good deep down are the healthy kind of antagonists for a story. Don't get me wrong. Sometimes that maniacal, wretched villain is exactly what a story needs and we want to see that character's demise... but you're not attached to them when that happens. You don't care about them, and you don't see things from their perspective. Usually. I prefer to see a character change and evolve. I like seeing the character realize what they've done. It also kind of gives me Higurashi vibes, as this game's tone in general did (Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni, if you're not familiar)... Yes, that was a much more bloody series, but both certainly display two sides of a character. One warm and loving, the other sadistic and terrifying. One could argue that Faye isn't sadistic but... Don't lie to me. She was enjoying watching them suffer.

5. And finally, would you like to see more from us?
I really would! It seems like it's quite a possibility that you won't be working on future projects together, but I think that would really be a shame. If anything else you made resembled what you made here in terms of quality, I would absolutely return to check it out. If it were a bit longer, you could certainly sell it. You guys will make the right choice from your own perspectives, but I hope that it means I'll get to see more from you. After all, I'm surprised to say it, but Lifted Dreams made me think about my own dreams. I'm still chasing them, but my grip on them certainly had faded a little and I was just mindlessly wandering. Hopefully this changed that. At least to some degree. I'm still working on that whole "love" thing people do, but until that comes along, I may as well keep plodding at my dreams. Right? Seriously though. Just make another one already.

CeeCeeVA
Regular
Projects: Celflux Animation as the voice of Shandrita
Tumblr: CeeCeeVA

#27 Post by CeeCeeVA »

Oh my gosh! This is so kawaii ^w^
Voice Actress, Casting Director, Writer & Director

https://ceeceeva.wixsite.com/chasityconner

Animation Demo Reel:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10plH50 ... p=drivesdk

For VO inquiry:
CeeCeeVA@yahoo.com

DrSchizo
Regular
Tumblr: ninesquarezone

#28 Post by DrSchizo »

You can now play online to Lifted Dreams on Sandbox Adventure: http://sandbox-adventure.com/lifted-dreams/
It's 100% free and it is browser-based, so there is no need to install any software.

Enjoy! :)