War: Valentine Edition [Dating Sim, Romance, Comedy, GxB]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

Re: War: Valentine Edition [Dating Sim, Romance, Comedy, GxB

#31 Post by Anne »

Finally had the time to play your game :D
Loved running around with that hammer! Still, my favourite would be Night, so hot (nice Cgs too)!

KrystalFlare

#32 Post by KrystalFlare »

AAAAHHHHH where do I begin?!?!?!? I have SOOOOOOOOO many things I want to say that I don't know where to start, I'm just gushing all over :lol: Alright, let's calm down here for a second. Alright so, coming off of playing War: 13th Day (I'll add more to my initial feedback for it on the game thread, now that I'm done playing it), I finally played all the dates (not quite all the options yet, mind you :P) and oh man, so many feels and so many emotions... it's hard to just put them into words but I'll try; so get ready for a long review :P

First off, the guys:

The first date I tried (because I was so eager to finally meet him) - Wind
I like the way he's written, he makes for a very interesting character and now I'm even more curious to know more about his tribe and their particular history on Virgo Island. I can't wait to go back and try some of the funnier options on his route, I feel like he'll react very predictably (probably because I played so many VNs and went after so many tsunderes up to now :lol:) but I'll still laugh my butt off at his reactions. He just gives me that kind of vibe.

As for the ending of the date... wow, can you say HAWT? :shock: I certainly expected him to be the dominant type but for him to play on my feelings like that was certainly awesome! <3
The second one I went for (IMMEDIATELY :lol:) is another favorite type of mine... the bad boy 8) - Night
What I loved about Night here is what I enjoyed the most about him in the first game; the fact that he's a damn tease and loves every second of it :twisted: In a way he reminds me of Marvel's Loki, which I absolutely adore, so that maybe made me a bit biased towards him. But his date was awesome... just that perfect mixture of thrill, danger, lewdness and romance that I enjoy so much. While it's very hard to choose between the guys, I would have to say that his date has to be my favorite one out of the entire game.
The third one I went for was the one that got me with the mysterious aura - Onyx
Because who doesn't love hot(?) guys in masks? I can't wait to see him actually unmasked in the sequel. His date really struck me as... maybe romantic is the wrong word for it. It probably had a bit more depth than the others, simply because of how his personality plays out. Which is a really good thing; I was so invested in him as a character and I think that having him re-enact whatever fairytale the MC chooses to summarize for him, is both adorable and sad beyond words because it shows that he knows no other way to connect to other living beings. I have to say, whether or not it was your intention, you got me SO eager to play his route in the sequel.
Of course, who doesn't love a bit of poison in their life? :wink: - Arsenik
HOLY HOT DAYUM he is the dream of every romantic girl EVAH!!! :oops: And despite me loving the bad boy type, I am an incurable romantic so his date was like the best treat I got all year <3 I also absolutely adore his new look, he's a LOT cuter than in the first game! But yeah, not much else to say about him, he's the perfect gentleman, although maybe he could've done with a tiny bit more bravery here and there.
Can you say "sugar daddy level 10.000+"? :shock: - Barium
Now, I generally hate it when guys try to buy my affection with gifts and such, and while I try to empathize and think that maybe they don't know other ways to court a girl, being showered with gifts for the purpose of having me spread my legs is something that just makes me dislike the guy even more. Also, for me Barium is a mixed bag and has been in the first game as well... he gives me these INSANE pedo vibes, but at the same time something in his expression and personality just tells me that he'd be a great husband and father. Weird, right? Yeah, I didn't try to understand myself either :oops:

Anyway his date was pretty much everything I expected from the whole "regular girl dates billionaire" scenario. He did have a couple of very romantic/caring/AWW moments that I liked - such as showing an unexpectedly humble side when you run into that rude guy on the street, or saying that he bought a book for his brother because he knows how much Alex likes reading (even if he did also buy it with the intention of trolling him :lol:). And I'll admit, him quoting the Sonnet to her was incredibly romantic.

But while I loved all those little snippets, the one thing that kept grinding at the back of my mind was "Yeah, but he has a HAREM waiting for him at home." Even if he did say he would give up the harem if his chosen wife asked him to, it's still something that just made me feel a bit awkward on his date, because I just don't like to date guys who already have a girlfriend :( (or several, in his case :?)
And finally, the kid of the group :mrgreen: - Chase
I left him last, to be honest, because I had a feeling his date would be awkward and silly... and I was right for the most part. Maybe it's because I wasn't particularly attracted to him in the first game, but I always saw him more as a little brother figure... so it felt really weird to be dating my "little brother" :lol: Still it was enjoyable and I do want to go back and try all the options, like I'll do for the rest of the guys. Night's cameo with the whole meteorite thing was a really nice addition, and it just made me go all "NOOOOOOOOOO Night, not you too!!!! :cry:" :lol:
As for the art, oh gosh some of those backgrounds... I had to save the rain, the beach and the starry sky on my computer, and I'm actually using the beach one as my desktop wallpaper right now because it's SOOOOOOOO beautiful. It's physically painful to look at them, they're THAT beautiful <3<3<3

The music was great too and each track fit the chosen scenes perfectly. I would love a sort of "music room" if you manage to do an updated version of this game, where we could maybe go after completing it and just listen to the tracks. A gallery for the CGs would be awesome as well, but these are just suggestions. I'd rather you focus on the sequel and maybe save these for later, because oh gosh, I have a physical NEED to see Alexandrite!!! :oops:

Dreamgazer
Veteran
Completed: Death Room; Don't Take This Risk; War: 13th Day; War Specials
Projects: Beauty and the War (X Playing Pieces)
Organization: Poison Apple Tales
Tumblr: poisonappletales
Deviantart: PoisonAppleTales

#33 Post by Dreamgazer »

Anne wrote:Finally had the time to play your game :D
Loved running around with that hammer! Still, my favourite would be Night, so hot (nice Cgs too)!
Hi, Anne! I'm still surprised by just how many people like chasing Wind around with a hammer. I'm glad you enjoyed it!
KrystalFlare wrote:AAAAHHHHH where do I begin?!?!?!? I have SOOOOOOOOO many things I want to say that I don't know where to start, I'm just gushing all over :lol: Alright, let's calm down here for a second. Alright so, coming off of playing War: 13th Day (I'll add more to my initial feedback for it on the game thread, now that I'm done playing it), I finally played all the dates (not quite all the options yet, mind you :P) and oh man, so many feels and so many emotions... it's hard to just put them into words but I'll try; so get ready for a long review :P
Make it as long as you like, KrystalFlare! I liked hearing what you thought about it and all the different impressions the boys left on you. Again, I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself. If you have anything else you want to add, feel free! I'm always curious to know what people make of it.

P.S. I'm a fan of Loki's, too. ;)

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#34 Post by Dreamgazer »

I already mentioned this on my Ready, Set, Parody! thread, but I might as well say it here, too. The beta demo for Beauty and the War (X Playing Pieces) has been released!

Go on and date the boys in their own world. :)

You can also click the button below.

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#35 Post by Dreamgazer »

Hello, everyone! Hope you've all been well. Just wanted to stop by and mention that I'm holding another Valentine event.
I have more important details on my tumblr post here.

If you want to give a Valentine to a member of the cast, now's your chance! You can also comment on Beauty and the War (X Playing Pieces)'s thread here.

That should be all for now. Have a lovely rest of the week, everyone! And please do look forward to Valentine's Day.