War: Valentine Edition [Dating Sim, Romance, Comedy, GxB]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

Re: War: Valentine Edition [Dating Sim, Romance, Comedy, GxB

#16 Post by Katta »

VocaloidsRCool wrote:Maybe we can choose between Wildfire or Ambrosia at the start of the game.
Yes, that's what I wanted to add too - it'd be cool if you could type their names instead of yours and get a playthrough with them making all the choices and their comments (I know I already suggested that before and there was no time for that but I still like the idea so maybe in a second edition :wink:)
Bianchii wrote:Actually that got me thinking too... and I concluded he was .... a tsundere gfdkslgs
Is Wind really a tsundere? I'm not an expert in those Japanese types but I thought tsunderes were the immature guys who want to hide their affection by being rude. And Wind is just blunt without bothering to be polite - he's sweet most of the time except for when he dislikes something. I'd say it's a sign that he doesn't trust MC so he tests her whether she likes him enough to stand his "true" personality.

Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

#17 Post by Windchimes »

Oh man, that was so enjoyable to play. The replayability is so high. I just kept playing Arsenik's route over and over looking for the new conversations. xD Some of them were so unexpected and hilarious. I loved it. <3 Perfect date omg.

I haven't gotten the time to play the other routes yet, but I just want to say that this is really fun and well-done. I can't imagine the number of branched scenes/dialogues you had in the whole game LOL

Thank you so much for this cool Valentine's present (even though I played it late xD)

Dreamgazer
Veteran
Completed: Death Room; Don't Take This Risk; War: 13th Day; War Specials
Projects: Beauty and the War (X Playing Pieces)
Organization: Poison Apple Tales
Tumblr: poisonappletales
Deviantart: PoisonAppleTales

#18 Post by Dreamgazer »

Thanks for all the support and kind words, everyone! It means a lot to me.

Anyway, I finally have Wildfire going on a date in War: Valentine Edition here. By request, it's with Chase. What do y'all think? Is she going too fast, too slow? Too much attitude? If so, I can't really do much about that since that's, uh, Wildfire for you.
VocaloidsRCool wrote:Sorry if the separate reviews for the guys are kind of short. In order to add more information, I need to play through their routes again to recapture events that I experienced. But, I really did enjoy the game, and I would be happy to play the other one that you are planning to make. Thank you for all of your hard work and effort~ <3 <3 <3
Hello there, VocaloidsRCool! Don't worry about it. I'm just glad for the feedback! I'm happy the dates left such an impression on you. If you do decide to play through their routes again, feel free to let me know what you think. I love hearing people's different opinions on it. And hopefully, the Chrome issue gets resolved soon! I'm a chronic Firefox user myself, but I can see how that has to be annoying for Chrome users.
Bianchii wrote:YES PLEASE HAVE WILDFIRE PLAY THE CHASE ROUTE XDDD I'D LOVE TO SEE THAT SO BAD XD they are like my new OTP ;-; Or Arsenik.
seeing as she has the biggest crush ever on him.
But it's curious how her mind made up all of that intrincate story with Chase when it could have done that with Arsenik instead (if she really liked him more). Guess we have to know what REALLY happened to see why things were distorted in her mind, but my guessing is she likes Chase ;-;
If you ever decide to write Wildfire/Chase or Wildfire/Arsenik fanfic, I will totally read that. And maybe have my characters react to it because I like doing that.
Katta wrote:
VocaloidsRCool wrote:Maybe we can choose between Wildfire or Ambrosia at the start of the game.
Yes, that's what I wanted to add too - it'd be cool if you could type their names instead of yours and get a playthrough with them making all the choices and their comments (I know I already suggested that before and there was no time for that but I still like the idea so maybe in a second edition :wink:)
Seeing how I can take my time now, you can definitely expect that feature in the remake! It'll probably feel like writing one-shot fanfics for all of them and the guys, but it'll be fun. Thanks for the idea of typing in their name and getting their playthrough, Katta. I'll definitely credit you for that at the end of the game.
Katta wrote:
Bianchii wrote:Actually that got me thinking too... and I concluded he was .... a tsundere gfdkslgs
Is Wind really a tsundere? I'm not an expert in those Japanese types but I thought tsunderes were the immature guys who want to hide their affection by being rude. And Wind is just blunt without bothering to be polite - he's sweet most of the time except for when he dislikes something. I'd say it's a sign that he doesn't trust MC so he tests her whether she likes him enough to stand his "true" personality.
Ooh, it's interesting what kind of impression Wind's giving people. I won't quite say what Wind's doing when he's doing his hot and cold thing, but I will say that he's a little more complicated than he might seem, due to his Imugi upbringing.
Windchimes wrote:Thank you so much for this cool Valentine's present (even though I played it late xD)
Hi, Windchimes! I'm glad Arsenik managed to give you a lovely Valentine experience. :) I would say that's mission complete! If you decide to go on dates with the other guys, feel free to let me know what you thought of them, too.

Oh, by the way, I do want to mention that I love hearing War: 13th Day speculation and theories.
Such as what you think is true and what you think is a made-up fantasy.
Sooo, if anyone wants to drop by and leave their thoughts on the War: 13th Day thread here, you would have my love. ♥

Bianchii
Regular

#19 Post by Bianchii »

Katta wrote:
I came to that conclusion because of the let's play in which he was like "I don't want that photo what's wrong with you" then "Hey don't throw it away!efrjlksdj" aaand I just realized it was the one made for your birthday!! Hi!! fdlks I loved the parody game too! It had a very original vibe to it, I'd love to play a full game like that just saiyanf gsdjklfg but you're right, perhaps he's not all that tsundere, just hard on the teasing department?

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

#20 Post by Katta »

Wildfire surely is soft on that date, is it because it's Chase?))) I like their couple, Chase so looks a typical housewife in it)

Arkhane
Regular

#21 Post by Arkhane »

"wildfire-plays-war-valentine-edition"

I love the lines with the slippers, and at the end "Aren’t you supposed to be stuck in the game?"
Yep a part 2 could be fun :3

Byebye

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#22 Post by Dreamgazer »

Bianchii wrote:I came to that conclusion because of the let's play in which he was like "I don't want that photo what's wrong with you" then "Hey don't throw it away!efrjlksdj" aaand I just realized it was the one made for your birthday!! Hi!! fdlks I loved the parody game too! It had a very original vibe to it, I'd love to play a full game like that just saiyanf gsdjklfg but you're right, perhaps he's not all that tsundere, just hard on the teasing department?
Just to settle the tsundere debate...Wikipedia to the rescue! Its tsundere definition is as follows: "Tsundere (ツンデレ?, pronounced [tsɯndeɽe]) is a Japanese term for a character development process that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time."

So, being a tsundere doesn't mean you have to be immature. Simply cold and then hot. And since Wind does act cold at first, I would say that he does indeed fit the tsundere trope.
Katta wrote:Wildfire surely is soft on that date, is it because it's Chase?))) I like their couple, Chase so looks a typical housewife in it)
If Wildfire's being soft, it's because she's stuck with the choices of my game, haha. Otherwise, she would have thrown an orange at Chase and bopped his head with the doll. And then, she would start calling the shots because she doesn't want to go to the fair. I'll have to show how an actual date between them would play out in the remake. :)
Arkhane wrote:"wildfire-plays-war-valentine-edition"

I love the lines with the slippers, and at the end "Aren’t you supposed to be stuck in the game?"
Yep a part 2 could be fun :3

Byebye
Aww, thanks for stopping by to let me know. And sure thing! Part 2 coming up soon. ♥

Oktolio
Regular
Completed: Heartbaked
Projects: Paint My World Anew, LoveLime!
Organization: https://gourmetvisual.itch.io/
Deviantart: Oktolio

#23 Post by Oktolio »

Hi DG! Congratulations on releasing the game! Loved it :D And cannot choose my favourite...everyone's routes were amusing and cute! And I see you added nice touches to the cgs <3 Thank you for making the special!
In Progress: Paint My World Anew, Breadbox
Finished: Heartbaked

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#24 Post by Dreamgazer »

I hope everyone's been having a lovely week! And to those planning on participating in NanoReno/IntRenaiMo, good luck! I may or may not be planning to take part as well. ;)

Anyway, I have the final part of Wildfire's run-through of War: Valentine Edition here. Let me know what you think! Next Let's Play will be from a suggestion given by Arkhane, someone who's been amazingly supportive. If anyone else wants to suggest a game to play, please do!
Oktolio wrote:Hi DG! Congratulations on releasing the game! Loved it :D And cannot choose my favourite...everyone's routes were amusing and cute! And I see you added nice touches to the cgs <3 Thank you for making the special!
Hello again, Oktolio! It was such a pleasure working with you. Glad you enjoyed it! We'll have to keep in touch.

Bianchii
Regular

#25 Post by Bianchii »

Dreamgazer wrote:Anyway, I have the final part of Wildfire's run-through of War: Valentine Edition here. Let me know what you think! Next Let's Play will be from a suggestion given by Arkhane, someone who's been amazingly supportive. If anyone else wants to suggest a game to play, please do!
Hahahahaah!!! I had so much fun reading through it! Arsenik calling her a parasite, that's mean fgjkldgsj and omg what was that screenshoe near the end that said "Please me all night long" is that really in the game? fjkdlsjfskl DAYUM xD

Arkhane
Regular

#26 Post by Arkhane »

Dreamgazer wrote:Anyway, I have the final part of Wildfire's run-through of War: Valentine Edition here. Let me know what you think!
Next Let's Play will be from a suggestion given by Arkhane, someone who's been amazingly supportive. If anyone else wants to suggest a game to play, please do!
I loved the parasite part too and the "How did we end up here?!"
Poor Chase!

I had so much fun to read this !

As for the rest : :oops: Thank your for your hard work DG :3

Bye :3

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#27 Post by Dreamgazer »

Bianchii wrote:Hahahahaah!!! I had so much fun reading through it! Arsenik calling her a parasite, that's mean fgjkldgsj and omg what was that screenshoe near the end that said "Please me all night long" is that really in the game? fjkdlsjfskl DAYUM xD
Yep! Totally in the game. :)
Hint: At the end of your date...if you haven't cut it short, choose to start kissing him.
Arkhane wrote:I had so much fun to read this !

As for the rest : :oops: Thank your for your hard work DG :3

Bye :3
I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks for reading it and letting me know what you thought, everyone. For future Let's Play updates, you can mosey on over to the War (X Playing Pieces) thread, but more often than not, I'll post it on my tumblr and Facebook. Don't want to get too off-subject now - even though it technically involves my War (X Playing Pieces) cast!

(Speaking of tumblr, I renovated it recently. What do y'all think of my new layout? ;))

ludeshka
Veteran
Completed: Hierofanía / Next Door Taker/Rhyme or Reason /Hierofanía 2
Projects: Hierofanía 3 (I swear it's the last one)
Tumblr: sillyraccoonknight
Deviantart: ludeshka
itch: ludeshka

#28 Post by ludeshka »

This was VERY much fun.
The music throughout was very well chosen, it surprised me how well it fit the text.
I really liked the art for some of the Cgs (Night's, for example). They were sexy!

So, onto the dates:

Chase is my still my boy (I named the MC Wildfire for his date because I'm devoted to the cause)
He's so fun and adorable. And a loser, yes. With questionable taste in music and wardrobe.
I'll always root for him, and
I really hope he doesn't die in the main game
. YOU CAN DO IT, CHASE!

Night's date was AWESOME!
I only had Wildfire's idea of him (and Wildfire didn't seem to like him much), but this version of him is fun. Also sexy. (I'm sorry, can't get over those cgs) (and the explosions! and the bike!) A really fun, interesting date.

My least favourite date was Barium's because he just threw stuff at the MC? And they ate a lot?
I'm not bashing, it's just that being pampered that way is not my style at all, and it doesn't add much to the characters/story. Just a guy buying her stuff and agreeing at everything she said.

And the one that got me REALLY invested in the next game: Onyx!

I found his date so...sad? scary? When he tries to replicate the stories...that's so broken somehow. Like he feels he cannot possibly connect to you as a real person and can only make believe.
(I find the fact that he can't dance very charming. You expect these super assassin kind of characters to know how to do everything, but Onyx is too broken to have music on his mind. )
Even if you go full romance and kiss him, it's still quite more about the foreboding than about the budding romance. Which means it's also the date I'd REALLY appreciate a follow-up on, and the one that made me draw fanart. ^^

Thank you for sharing your game with us! Make more! :D
Attachments
Onyx and the Mc! Sorry if I didn't get their outfits right but I really wanted to draw them.
Onyx and the Mc! Sorry if I didn't get their outfits right but I really wanted to draw them.

Virelai
Regular

#29 Post by Virelai »

This was excellent.
Each story was a good amount of words, and I love how each date ties in with another character in some way, and every single one is unique. I'm looking vv forward to anything else you're going to work on!

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#30 Post by Dreamgazer »

ludeshka wrote:Thank you for sharing your game with us! Make more! :D
I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, ludeshka! Your lovely fanart's (which I already told you I love to pieces) definitely encouraging me to do just that.
Virelai wrote:This was excellent.
Each story was a good amount of words, and I love how each date ties in with another character in some way, and every single one is unique. I'm looking vv forward to anything else you're going to work on!
Hi, Virelai! Aww, thank you so much. In that case, I hope you'll keep an eye out for my April Fools' special. :)