One Thousand Lies [Romance, Comedy, Psychology]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Keinart
Regular
Completed: One Thousand Lies
Projects: Lotus Reverie
Organization: Keinart Lobre
Tumblr: keinart
itch: keinart

Re: One Thousand Lies [Romance, Comedy, Psychology]

#16 Post by Keinart »

MagnumBoy20xx wrote:...
Thank you for your comment, I'm glad you liked it!

Let's see, the ending is a bit "open" for interpretation so I don't really wanna give direct "answers", but you are not too far off.
Everyone is asking me about Claire after finishing it lol. Let's see, I don't really say that she doesn't exist or not, but the main point you should wonder about the ending is the true nature of Ciarán's story, the One Thousand Lies. That's why the Pygmalion story is used in parallel with it all the time. It is "explained" in the game, but not in a obvious way, so people can think about what's true or not, and in case of the lies, the true nature of those lies. The game title is there precisely for something :P

So at the end Claire may be a Ciarán's persona, or maybe not, but you should remember how Ciarán was obsessed to create his "perfect story", "creating an aproppiate ending" and that should explain all of his actions and what actually happened during the story. During the last conversation with Diniz everything is more or less explained and the actual answer is given there, it's just that it's a bit dense and it's normal to have different interpretations.
Thank you once again for your feedback, I really appreciate when people tell me what they think about it.

Oh and since I'm on it, the Steam store page is up! The game will be released in Steam soon: http://store.steampowered.com/app/463390/

Keinart
Regular
Completed: One Thousand Lies
Projects: Lotus Reverie
Organization: Keinart Lobre
Tumblr: keinart
itch: keinart

#17 Post by Keinart »

One Thousand Lies has been released officially today on Steam, please check it out: http://store.steampowered.com/app/463390/

It's free as always so download it even if you only wanna complete that Steam pokedex 

For those that have already played it, I would appreciate if you could add your own reviews to the page. Feel free to be sincere with those review, after all for me the most important thing is for you to be truthful... (/Claire off)

Cupcakegirl

#18 Post by Cupcakegirl »

I created an account just to say that One Thousand Lies really surpassed my expectations. As a philosophy major, I appreciated the deeper themes explored in this visual novel very much. The story about the wolf who sought the sun was incredibly well thought out, and the music was lovely too. Great job!!! <3

Miyazaki Momoko

#19 Post by Miyazaki Momoko »

Oh woww~ For a free visual novel, this sure seems to take so many efforts to make. I'd love to learn about psychology, and the sprites is really cute, totally downloading! ^^

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#20 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Alright so I finished this like... a few months ago I think? Forgot to comment haha.

But wow, this has got to be THE BEST Kinetic novel I have ever read. Really. I was completely immersed, and whenever I had to save and take a break, it was often hard to pry myself away. First off, this game was HILARIOUS! I felt like I was watching an anime rather than reading, that's how good it was. The writing was well structured, our faceless MC actually had A PERSONALITY and I loved him as much as the other characters. Many scenes I was literally laughing so hard, I was punching the cushion I was sitting on. Another thing that was great about the writing was the emotion and the tid bits that made you think. I really liked that about this. There were certain parts that made me stop and had to screenshot it because it meant something to me. There wasn't a character I disliked, each one was unique and it was always fun when they were together. I loved it so much, I am actually starting on my second playthrough. If this were an anime, it'd be a series I'd watch multiple times. Therefore, as a KN, it shall be read multiple times.

Anyway, an excellent job on an intriguing and hilarious story! I was a little bummed out that
...Ciaran did not end up with Claire, like initially ended in the game. However, after playing One Hidden Truth, that was an amazing reveal and when we found of Ciaran sent the package...but Claire sent the e-mails? I am suspicious she might not be real, but some sort of a manifestation of himself? I'm playing again to confirm that, it's hard to tell since some moments in the story when she's with them... such as talking with Luce.. makes me think she is an actual person, unless I am missing something. But yeah, Claire was my favourite character by far, but in the end... him ending up with Luce was still satisfying to me. His "cure" he was able to attain, it was beautiful.
Anyway, really loved the novel. When making Kinetic visual novels, it's important for the story to be intriguing to encourage playing it again at some point, and you totally achieved that! It often helped inspired me enough to kill my writer's block when I was stumped in my own project haha.
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"