Prince Caterpillar[BxB/ug][Romance/Comedy][NaNo16]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
doktorcrimson
Regular
Completed: Prince Caterpillar [NaNo16]
Projects: Friend Me
Tumblr: doktorcrimson
Deviantart: dr-crimson

Prince Caterpillar[BxB/ug][Romance/Comedy][NaNo16]

#1 Post by doktorcrimson »

About the Game
Genre: [BxB/ug] Romance, Comedy, Slice of life?
Our Team: Dragonaqua, Doktor Crimson (me)

Main Characters
Screen Caps

Gameplay
You explore the relationship between Ivan and Mr. Caterpillar.

Length: ≤1hr for one full route
Extras: Unlocked after all 3 endings are achieved
WARNING: Game includes mild language profanity.
Download Links
Other Links
Doktor Crimson's Tumblr and DeviantArt~
NaNoRenO'16 WIP thread
Friend Me's WIP thread
Optional Questions
(please use spoiler text for answers to #2 and #3, especially #2 I'd suggest you play the game at least once before looking at it)
1. Would you kiss a caterpillar in real life with the potential of it turning into a hot dude/chick?
When did you figure out Julian=Mr. Caterpillar?
First impressions on Friend Me?
Extra Scenes
Attached are some extra doodles related to the plot. Not too spoiler-ish but I would still suggest you look at them after you play the game.
Attachments
Summer is coming and that means there will be a lot of bugs.
Summer is coming and that means there will be a lot of bugs.
Thanks for 1500 downloads!
Thanks for 1500 downloads!
Kiko has pastel hair. She wears pastel contacts, too.
Kiko has pastel hair. She wears pastel contacts, too.
Lab.jpg
Last edited by doktorcrimson on Wed May 17, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 9 times in total.

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

Re: Prince Caterpillar[BxB/ug][Romance/Comedy][NaNo16]

#2 Post by MimirollCookie »

OMG! I've been waiting for this! :3
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

acsh

#3 Post by acsh »

OMG SO CUTEEEE!! I STG!!!!! :D It was so funny and light-hearted!! <3

1. Would you kiss a caterpillar in real life with the potential of it turning into a hot dude/chick?
Lol! I doubt it, really, cos stuff like this only exists in fiction. Also caterpillars /are/ creepy. But if I told my life story to it and it really wanted a kiss I might feel bad.

2. When did you figure out Julian=Mr. Caterpillar?
I think even before the first flashback, just because a VN has to have a good end xP

3. First impressions on Friend Me?
Not quite sure what this is >.>

I liked how the VN was centered around science college kids; I havent seen many portrayed in VNs. Thanks and kudos for the hour of fun!

Isu

#4 Post by Isu »

That was adorable. I think I've got diabetes after playing.
1.Would you kiss a caterpillar in real life with the potential of it turning into a hot dude/chick?
Yeah...probably kiss it(and die after,because I'm really afraid of bugs). I've done more craziest things in my life.
2.When did you figure out Julian=Mr. Caterpillar?
First flashback. It was easy...I think. Than again more hot guys always better huehuehue.
3.This should be interesting. Желаю удачи и вдохновения. :D
And sorry for my English. :)
Last edited by Isu on Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

audrenes
Regular
Projects: Phoenix, Swan Lake, Kiss Me X
Tumblr: ajmakesvns

#5 Post by audrenes »

March is about to end so I'm super hyped to see all the games from nano16 come out aaaaaa here goes, though!

Prooooobably not, tbh/
I think it was when I got to the bad ending? When Ivan turned into the caterpillar after stepping on Mr. Caterpillar I kinda was like, "YOOOOOOO OH MY G O D THAT CATERPILLAR WAS JULIAN HE MUST'VE TURNED INTO A CATERPILLAR AFTER IVAN FLIPPED OUT FROM THE LAST TIME THEY SAW EACH OTHER THAT'S WHY HE HASN'T BEEN SEEN IN A WHILE" (Ivan talks about Julian) "HE'S DEAD, BRO U LITERALLY KILLED HIM JUST NOW OH MY G OD AAAAAAAA"

It looks pretty interesting! I would love to see Ivan and Julian make a cameo! I do wanna know if it'll be an otome or bl game, though.

Demetis
Regular

#6 Post by Demetis »

If someone can force it through a foam bath alive, I'd consider it //SLAPPED
Uhm from the moment he was mentioned but I tried to tell myself otherwise because SCIENCE? O.O
Sounds interesting? XD Would like to know if it's a Friendship game or Otome or BL though XD

doktorcrimson
Regular

#7 Post by doktorcrimson »

acsh wrote:OMG SO CUTEEEE!! I STG!!!!! :D It was so funny and light-hearted!! <3

Lol! I doubt it, really, cos stuff like this only exists in fiction. Also caterpillars /are/ creepy. But if I told my life story to it and it really wanted a kiss I might feel bad.
I think even before the first flashback, just because a VN has to have a good end xP

Not quite sure what this is >.>
I liked how the VN was centered around science college kids; I havent seen many portrayed in VNs. Thanks and kudos for the hour of fun!
Haha that's cuz both dragonaqua and I are science kids >_> Glad you had fun~ I wish more ppl from the STEM field were represented in video games.

Most VNs do have a good end, but I've played ones before with only bad ends and it plays your emotions really hard, especially when the two main characters love each other so much :3

Also would you mind adding a spoiler tag to questions 2 and 3 in your post in case someone decides to read the comments first? Thanks~
Isu wrote:That was adorable. I think I've got diabetes after playing.
1.Would you kiss a caterpillar in real life with the potential of it turning into a hot dude/chick?
Yeah...probably kiss it(and die after,because I'm really afraid of bugs). I've done more craziest things in my life.
2.When did you figure out Julian=Mr. Caterpillar?
First flashback. It was easy...I think. Than again more hot guys always better huehuehue.

3.This should be interesting. Желаю удачи и вдохновения. :D
And sorry for my English. :)
Ah, glad we provided enough sugar! It does take some courage to actually kiss a caterpillar and yes, more hawt guys the better :3 Your English is fine~

Also would you mind adding a spoiler tag to questions 2 and 3 in your post in case someone reads the comments first? Thank you~
audrenes wrote:March is about to end so I'm super hyped to see all the games from nano16 come out aaaaaa here goes, though!

Prooooobably not, tbh/
I think it was when I got to the bad ending? When Ivan turned into the caterpillar after stepping on Mr. Caterpillar I kinda was like, "YOOOOOOO OH MY G O D THAT CATERPILLAR WAS JULIAN HE MUST'VE TURNED INTO A CATERPILLAR AFTER IVAN FLIPPED OUT FROM THE LAST TIME THEY SAW EACH OTHER THAT'S WHY HE HASN'T BEEN SEEN IN A WHILE" (Ivan talks about Julian) "HE'S DEAD, BRO U LITERALLY KILLED HIM JUST NOW OH MY G OD AAAAAAAA"

It looks pretty interesting! I would love to see Ivan and Julian make a cameo! I do wanna know if it'll be an otome or bl game, though.
Haha we really wanted ppl to have that reaction when we planned out that ending. Once you figure out
Julian=Mr. Caterpillar
the 3 endings should be achieved easily~

I would say
Friend Me is a game more serious than Prince Caterpillar. It's based on the fact that "Max went through some really bad shit last semester." And since it takes place before Prince Caterpillar Ivan and Julian aren't couples yet :3 so they might have some interesting interactions between each other if we decide to add any~
I'm really looking forward to your Swan Lake game actually~ I love BxB versions of known fairy tales :3 Please keep up the good work!
Demetis wrote:1. Would you kiss a caterpillar in real life with the potential of it turning into a hot dude/chick?
If someone can force it through a foam bath alive, I'd consider it //SLAPPED
Uhm from the moment he was mentioned but I tried to tell myself otherwise because SCIENCE? O.O
Sounds interesting? XD Would like to know if it's a Friendship game or Otome or BL though XD
Science is science :3 Kiko sure knows that better than Ivan >_> And remember
it's technically a visual novel made by Max and Kiko
so it's still science :3

For now I will say
Friend Me is a more serious game than Prince Caterpillar.
See the spoiler text in my previous reply to audrenes~

saruri
Regular

#8 Post by saruri »

This is such a GREAT AND FABULOUS game!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!

The starting of the game is really cute & funny (not that I'm laughing at him or in a bad / nasty way) - uke looks so cute in the cg, and his scream is really kawaii too!!! >///<~

My order of getting the 3 endings was: normal - best - bad.

The Normal End is so very sad!!!!!! My heart aches so so much!!!!!! Author is such a big bad fellow!!!!!! ToT

Best End is so good, so sweet, so lovely!!!!!! (God, their CG!!!!!! (¯﹃¯)) How I wish there are more interactions between them! It's such a pity that it's so short!!!!!!
Still, it's such a nightmare for seme-kun, that I feel really sorry for him...... T T
Btw, Kiko is so cute at the end; that expression!!! >o<~

Then the Bad End...... Thanks to getting the Normal & Best End first, I fully understand what happened without a doubt, so I'm like: "The F**K?!! Ugh!!!!!!", author is so cruel!!!!!! ╥﹏╥...

Answers to the Qs:

1) ......Well, if it acts like the one in the game, then......err, maybe??? I definitely won't before, but after playing your game now, it's really hard to say...... 囧TZ
For your info, I ALWAYS kill bugs if I see them in my house or at my workplace (due to the fear that they might crawl to my body or bed, so I need them to be dead to feel safe). For bugs like spiders & cockroaches, I have to use vaccum cleaner or a ream of sealed A4 paper to get rid of them; too scared to use my own foot, even with shoe-on. As for caterpillar, it never present itself around me, so thank goodness that I never kill one before......? OTZ

2)
Thanks to my curiosity (as there's no mentioning of something like: "spoiler / to answer after complete the game" - but I guess it should be obvious after reading your 1st question & seeing your use of spoiler tag, sigh, stupid me), I read your "Optional Questions" before playing the game, so......T.T~
I tried to forget it, so at the start of game, I thought there will be 2 guys to choose (one is Mr. Caterpillar due to your game title, while the other one is the guy with unknown name that popped out suddenly), but after I see the word "Julian", my memory came back...... ToT~
3)
When I played the "Extras", I feel very "?!!" seeing a lot of new guys making appearance. Only when I get to the end that I understand it's of "Friend Me", so my impressions are: "Wow! There's a lot of handsome guys!", then, "Ohh, but it looks very otome, why not BL???! ToT~"......

Lastly, could I say that it's such a bully to require player to complete all endings in order to unlock the "Extras"?
I HATE bad endings (T ^ T), so if I didn't read your mentioned of "Extras: Unlocked after all 3 endings are achieved", I will have miss it...... OTZ
Your game opening after clearing all endings is really awesome (LOVE IT SO VERY MUCH!!!!!! >///<~), but still, it makes my heart aches when I think of the Normal & Bad End, so now I'm trying my best to forget them...... ╥﹏╥...

Anyway, LOVE Julian x Ivan!!!!!! (*^▽^*)

doktorcrimson
Regular

#9 Post by doktorcrimson »

saruri wrote:This is such a GREAT AND FABULOUS game!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!

The starting of the game is really cute & funny (not that I'm laughing at him or in a bad / nasty way) - uke looks so cute in the cg, and his scream is really kawaii too!!! >///<~

My order of getting the 3 endings was: normal - best - bad.

The Normal End is so very sad!!!!!! My heart aches so so much!!!!!! Author is such a big bad fellow!!!!!! ToT

Best End is so good, so sweet, so lovely!!!!!! (God, their CG!!!!!! (¯﹃¯)) How I wish there are more interactions between them! It's such a pity that it's so short!!!!!!
Still, it's such a nightmare for seme-kun, that I feel really sorry for him...... T T
Btw, Kiko is so cute at the end; that expression!!! >o<~

Then the Bad End...... Thanks to getting the Normal & Best End first, I fully understand what happened without a doubt, so I'm like: "The F**K?!! Ugh!!!!!!", author is so cruel!!!!!! ╥﹏╥...

Answers to the Qs:

1) ......Well, if it acts like the one in the game, then......err, maybe??? I definitely won't before, but after playing your game now, it's really hard to say...... 囧TZ
For your info, I ALWAYS kill bugs if I see them in my house or at my workplace (due to the fear that they might crawl to my body or bed, so I need them to be dead to feel safe). For bugs like spiders & cockroaches, I have to use vaccum cleaner or a ream of sealed A4 paper to get rid of them; too scared to use my own foot, even with shoe-on. As for caterpillar, it never present itself around me, so thank goodness that I never kill one before......? OTZ

2)
Thanks to my curiosity (as there's no mentioning of something like: "spoiler / to answer after complete the game" - but I guess it should be obvious after reading your 1st question & seeing your use of spoiler tag, sigh, stupid me), I read your "Optional Questions" before playing the game, so......T.T~
I tried to forget it, so at the start of game, I thought there will be 2 guys to choose (one is Mr. Caterpillar due to your game title, while the other one is the guy with unknown name that popped out suddenly), but after I see the word "Julian", my memory came back...... ToT~
3)
When I played the "Extras", I feel very "?!!" seeing a lot of new guys making appearance. Only when I get to the end that I understand it's of "Friend Me", so my impressions are: "Wow! There's a lot of handsome guys!", then, "Ohh, but it looks very otome, why not BL???! ToT~"......

Lastly, could I say that it's such a bully to require player to complete all endings in order to unlock the "Extras"?
I HATE bad endings (T ^ T), so if I didn't read your mentioned of "Extras: Unlocked after all 3 endings are achieved", I will have miss it...... OTZ
Your game opening after clearing all endings is really awesome (LOVE IT SO VERY MUCH!!!!!! >///<~), but still, it makes my heart aches when I think of the Normal & Bad End, so now I'm trying my best to forget them...... ╥﹏╥...

Anyway, LOVE Julian x Ivan!!!!!! (*^▽^*)
I think it's pretty much implied that questions 2 and 3 are meant to be answered after you played the game. So yeah, don't read spoiler info unless you don't care :) I'm sorry if the bad ending made you feel sad but given the fact our game is pretty short I think it's pretty fair to have all 3 endings required to unlock the extras. Plus the happy/best end is much longer :3 Most ppl should get the best ending last given the assumption that they don't know
Julian=Mr. Caterpillar
right at the beginning.

Technically speaking,
Julian was never a caterpillar since it's a visual novel made by Max and Kiko based on Ivan and Julian's relationship
if it makes you feel better about the normal/bad end.
Friend Me is a more serious game based on the fact that "Max went through some very bad shit last semester." So it takes place before Prince Caterpillar. I won't say what genre it is right now but I can tell you it'll be more than meets the eye :3
Also I might put up some JxI art later on my tumblr and in this thread if that'll make you feel better, too :3 Thanks for playing~

saruri
Regular

#10 Post by saruri »

doktorcrimson wrote:I think it's pretty much implied that questions 2 and 3 are meant to be answered after you played the game. So yeah, don't read spoiler info unless you don't care :) I'm sorry if the bad ending made you feel sad but given the fact our game is pretty short I think it's pretty fair to have all 3 endings required to unlock the extras. Plus the happy/best end is much longer :3 Most ppl should get the best ending last given the assumption that they don't know
Julian=Mr. Caterpillar
right at the beginning.

Technically speaking,
Julian was never a caterpillar since it's a visual novel made by Max and Kiko based on Ivan and Julian's relationship
if it makes you feel better about the normal/bad end.
Friend Me is a more serious game based on the fact that "Max went through some very bad shit last semester." So it takes place before Prince Caterpillar. I won't say what genre it is right now but I can tell you it'll be more than meets the eye :3
Also I might put up some JxI art later on my tumblr and in this thread if that'll make you feel better, too :3 Thanks for playing~
Yeah right, I could only blame my bitchy hand (why does it sound so weird in english? = =|||) at that time for highlighting the spoiler info, 囧TZ......
And I gotta say: this is the first time I've ever seen such strong spoiler info in such short words! T v T~
Although, thinking back about it, if I didn't read it, I think I might guess so
when the Caterpillar showed interest in Ivan's speech about Julian~
^ ^

Yeah, right, thanks for reminding me about that. As your normal & bad end are too strong (too well done, = =+++), so that fact was overwhelmed, 囧~ Now that I keep repeating that to myself, yeah, I definitely feel much better, thank you! O(∩_∩)O~~

Oh! Then I'll be looking forward to it~~~ Hope you release it soon~ > <

YES! That's SO lovely! I sincerely wish to see more of their interactions!!! Especially after they are together one! >///<~
Actually, I thought the "Extras" was fully about so; too bad it's only a tiny small part of their after interactions! > 3 <

Really can't get enough of them, they are such a lovely CP!!!!!! kyaaa~~~ >///<~

No no no, it should be me thanking you guys! Thank you so very much for making & sharing this!!!!!! I'll definitely treasure it forever!!! ^ v ^~

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

#11 Post by Ghost of Crux »

Noppe. Other than just No, it's also probably going to hurt it or something. I mean. Size difference, bro. It'll feel things differently than you do.

I WAS KIND OF GUESSING THAT SOMETIME AFTER THE FLASHBACK ABOUT THE CONFESSION BUT I ACCIDENTALLY SPOILED MYSELF.... I was thinking it but I thought that Ivan was actually talking to Julian because I accidentally clicked too fast. So... yeah.
Not quite sure what it is so far but I'll get back do you on that

IN ANY CASE
MAN
TIME FOR FANART
BE RIGHT BACK
they had me at the lecture room romantic moment let me tell ya

Do you know how happy I am to read about STEM college students. It's like, the nerd within me yelling in joy. There's nothing better than a bunch of nerds in love. NOTHING BETTER THAN FALLING IN LOVE WHILE TRYING TO DO TITRATION AND YOU ACCIDENTALLY ONE TOO MANY DROPS actually that sucks
(also I find it hilarious that the sketch you posted is almost exactly the same thing I did two weeks ago, except my lab partner literally wiped NaOH from the beaker with her hand and casually asked me "it was water, right?". I had a hea rt at t at CK)

but yes............ i hope you can deduce my feelings on this vn from this:
THEY ARE SO CUTE IN THE BEST ENDING.... goodbye world

(Also I'm not really a huge fan of what Kiko is doing aHAHA mostly because it comes out as a bit too mean at times. But I can't say I disapprove of how she makes Ivan at least be a decent guy to animals. Ivan is such a giant dork though.... ivan pls)
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#12 Post by MimirollCookie »

KYAAA!~ That was so sweet! I'm blushing right now! >w<
Okay! So first of all, this is the second yaoi that I played and OMG! It's so sweet!
Especially when Julian kissed Ivan then Kiko was like Kyaa!~ It made me so red like an apple!
Haha! I don't know, but MAYBE?
Easy! On one of the flashbacks!
Still got nothing for that. *u*
WARNING: THIS GAME WILL MAKE YOUR POV ON CATERPILLARS CHANGE! (It managed to change me :3)
The GUI was pretty cute! Especially those hawt CGs!
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

MoonByte
Regular
Completed: Shine (RPG Maker), Heroes (RPG Maker), Lantern Bearer (RPG Maker), Loop the Loop (Unity), Other Stars (Unreal), Sky Eye (RPG Maker), WIN Delivery & Fateful (Ren'Py)
Projects: Weird Is Normal (Ren'Py)

#13 Post by MoonByte »

Such a adorable little story!
Simple, but very effective. And man, the Neutral ending actually hit me a lot harder than the bad one.
Your art and writing was good and the music choices appropiate.
And regarding your question:
I was actually not SURE before I went for the bad ending (my first ending as I always get the disappointing first). I expected it though the second the crush was introduced and was really certain when the caterpillar stopped crawling to listen to the flashbacks.
But I don't see it as bad ;)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#14 Post by Zelan »

I guess, but only if there was significant evidence suggesting that it was a hot dude. Although, if I knew it was a person, I'd probably kiss it regardless of gender or looks, just to try to free it. Being a caterpillar seems like it would suck.
Had it spoiled for me, unfortunately. -_-

HYPE HYPE HYPE
I was wondering about the sentence "Max went through some bad shit last semester, but that's a story for another day." Like... are we just gonna leave that intriguing loose end untied? WE'RE NOT!? Count me in.
If I'm being completely honest, I wasn't expecting anything great from this VN at first, but BOY OH BOY did it surpass my expectations. Such an adorable story oh my gossshh <3

The only two negative things I have to say about Prince Caterpillar:
1. Those two were too mean to Ivan. cx It certainly fit their characters, but... come on. Cut the poor guy a break! *hugs*

2. I saw a few typos, but they didn't take away from the overall experience of the game. Just figured that I'd let you know. ^_^

Number 1
Number 2

I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for the stuff you guys do in the future!

doktorcrimson
Regular

#15 Post by doktorcrimson »

saruri wrote:Yeah right, I could only blame my bitchy hand (why does it sound so weird in english? = =|||) at that time for highlighting the spoiler info, 囧TZ......
And I gotta say: this is the first time I've ever seen such strong spoiler info in such short words! T v T~
Although, thinking back about it, if I didn't read it, I think I might guess so
when the Caterpillar showed interest in Ivan's speech about Julian~
^ ^

Yeah, right, thanks for reminding me about that. As your normal & bad end are too strong (too well done, = =+++), so that fact was overwhelmed, 囧~ Now that I keep repeating that to myself, yeah, I definitely feel much better, thank you! O(∩_∩)O~~

Oh! Then I'll be looking forward to it~~~ Hope you release it soon~ > <

YES! That's SO lovely! I sincerely wish to see more of their interactions!!! Especially after they are together one! >///<~
Actually, I thought the "Extras" was fully about so; too bad it's only a tiny small part of their after interactions! > 3 <

Really can't get enough of them, they are such a lovely CP!!!!!! kyaaa~~~ >///<~

No no no, it should be me thanking you guys! Thank you so very much for making & sharing this!!!!!! I'll definitely treasure it forever!!! ^ v ^~
Aww I'm happy that you're shipping them~ (o゚▽゚) Share our game with friends so more ppl can kiss caterpillars :3
Ghost of Crux wrote:1. Would you kiss a caterpillar in real life with the potential of it turning into a hot dude/chick?
Noppe. Other than just No, it's also probably going to hurt it or something. I mean. Size difference, bro. It'll feel things differently than you do.

I WAS KIND OF GUESSING THAT SOMETIME AFTER THE FLASHBACK ABOUT THE CONFESSION BUT I ACCIDENTALLY SPOILED MYSELF.... I was thinking it but I thought that Ivan was actually talking to Julian because I accidentally clicked too fast. So... yeah.
Not quite sure what it is so far but I'll get back do you on that

IN ANY CASE
MAN
TIME FOR FANART
BE RIGHT BACK
they had me at the lecture room romantic moment let me tell ya

Do you know how happy I am to read about STEM college students. It's like, the nerd within me yelling in joy. There's nothing better than a bunch of nerds in love. NOTHING BETTER THAN FALLING IN LOVE WHILE TRYING TO DO TITRATION AND YOU ACCIDENTALLY ONE TOO MANY DROPS actually that sucks
(also I find it hilarious that the sketch you posted is almost exactly the same thing I did two weeks ago, except my lab partner literally wiped NaOH from the beaker with her hand and casually asked me "it was water, right?". I had a hea rt at t at CK)

but yes............ i hope you can deduce my feelings on this vn from this:
THEY ARE SO CUTE IN THE BEST ENDING.... goodbye world

(Also I'm not really a huge fan of what Kiko is doing aHAHA mostly because it comes out as a bit too mean at times. But I can't say I disapprove of how she makes Ivan at least be a decent guy to animals. Ivan is such a giant dork though.... ivan pls)
WAT? WE HAS FAN ART?? WAT DID WE DO TO DESERVE IT?????? GIVE THIS PERSON A COOKIE!

Lol I hope your lab partner's hand is ok I'm assuming she wasn't wearing gloves that's why you had a heart attack :o

Haha Kiko's actions may seem a bit annoying in real life~ I can assure you the real version of Kiko wouldn't go that far...or wait *pokes dragonaqua w/elbow* If real Kiko didn't urge real Ivan to kiss caterpillar this game would've never occurred hehehehe....>_>
MimirollCookie wrote:KYAAA!~ That was so sweet! I'm blushing right now! >w<
Okay! So first of all, this is the second yaoi that I played and OMG! It's so sweet!
Especially when Julian kissed Ivan then Kiko was like Kyaa!~ It made me so red like an apple!
Haha! I don't know, but MAYBE?
Easy! On one of the flashbacks!
Still got nothing for that. *u*
WARNING: THIS GAME WILL MAKE YOUR POV ON CATERPILLARS CHANGE! (It managed to change me :3)
The GUI was pretty cute! Especially those hawt CGs!
Aww~ come sit with Kiko and have some cookies with her :3 I'm glad it was a good experience as your 2nd yaoi game!
MoonByte wrote:Such a adorable little story!
Simple, but very effective. And man, the Neutral ending actually hit me a lot harder than the bad one.
Your art and writing was good and the music choices appropiate.
And regarding your question:
I was actually not SURE before I went for the bad ending (my first ending as I always get the disappointing first). I expected it though the second the crush was introduced and was really certain when the caterpillar stopped crawling to listen to the flashbacks.
But I don't see it as bad ;)
In some way I guess you can say the normal end is also a bad end. The way we put it indeed might make ppl feel guilty especially after knowing question #2.

Thank you for playing! :3
Zelan wrote:1. Would you kiss a caterpillar in real life with the potential of it turning into a hot dude/chick?
I guess, but only if there was significant evidence suggesting that it was a hot dude. Although, if I knew it was a person, I'd probably kiss it regardless of gender or looks, just to try to free it. Being a caterpillar seems like it would suck.
Had it spoiled for me, unfortunately. -_-

HYPE HYPE HYPE
I was wondering about the sentence "Max went through some bad shit last semester, but that's a story for another day." Like... are we just gonna leave that intriguing loose end untied? WE'RE NOT!? Count me in.
If I'm being completely honest, I wasn't expecting anything great from this VN at first, but BOY OH BOY did it surpass my expectations. Such an adorable story oh my gossshh <3

The only two negative things I have to say about Prince Caterpillar:
1. Those two were too mean to Ivan. cx It certainly fit their characters, but... come on. Cut the poor guy a break! *hugs*

2. I saw a few typos, but they didn't take away from the overall experience of the game. Just figured that I'd let you know. ^_^

Number 1
Number 2

I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for the stuff you guys do in the future!
Thanks for spotting the typos! We'll keep that in mind and have those fixed in a later version when we update it.

I'm assuming you're talking about Kiko and Julian? Or was it Kiko and Max? I agree in real life it would be pretty extreme to act the way they act in Prince Caterpillar (see my comment above for Ghost of Crux). The real versions of the characters would probably not go as far as making someone extremely uncomfortable. But Ivan can be stubborn at times so you might need to give him a push to do the right thing :3

Glad we got you interested in Friend Me :3 I hope you like it once it's out (whenever that happens lol)