Prince Caterpillar[BxB/ug][Romance/Comedy][NaNo16]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

Re: Prince Caterpillar[BxB/ug][Romance/Comedy][NaNo16]

#16 Post by MimirollCookie »

I'll share my cookies with Kiko. 8)
EDIT:
I kept laughing when Ivan swears!
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

Dragonaqua

#17 Post by Dragonaqua »

I'll share my cookies with Kiko. 8)
EDIT:
I kept laughing when Ivan swears!
:mrgreen: Ivan has a bad habit to swear frequently
Haha Kiko's actions may seem a bit annoying in real life~ I can assure you the real version of Kiko wouldn't go that far...or wait *pokes dragonaqua w/elbow* If real Kiko didn't urge real Ivan to kiss caterpillar this game would've never occurred hehehehe....>_>
Wellll....this game is a 'what if' scenario where caterpillars do become handsome guys. According to science, that should not be possible :lol:

doktorcrimson
Regular
Completed: Prince Caterpillar [NaNo16]
Projects: Friend Me
Tumblr: doktorcrimson
Deviantart: dr-crimson

#18 Post by doktorcrimson »

Dragonaqua wrote:Wellll....this game is a 'what if' scenario where caterpillars do become handsome guys. According to science, that should not be possible :lol:
How does one know if one has never tried? >__> What if Kiko was actually right? Even Julian said it didn't make any sense but it still happened 8)

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#19 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

This was by far my favorite nanareno game, it had me laughing the whole time. I thought the story was super cute and sweet, a fun game to play too. The music was nice too :D I'm looking forward to more games from you!
ImageImage

doktorcrimson
Regular

#20 Post by doktorcrimson »

LadyOfGatsby wrote:This was by far my favorite nanareno game, it had me laughing the whole time. I thought the story was super cute and sweet, a fun game to play too. The music was nice too :D I'm looking forward to more games from you!
I'm super honored to have Prince Caterpillar as your favorite nano game thus far~ Our WIP Friend Me might not be so cute and sweet but I hope you'll also find it a good read when it comes out!

I hope you guys finish your Cinderella game, too~ I'll be playing it once it's done :3

Mandy
Regular

#21 Post by Mandy »

Oh my gosh! This was super adorable~! <3
It's definitely one of my favourite NaNoRenO games from this year!~

I really love the art style for the sprites, all the character designs are real cute.
Ivan and Kiko are cute friends. And of course,
Ivan and Julian are the cutest couple! I was so happy when they finally got together. ^w^
"Friend Me" looks awesome too and I can't wait to play it when it's done.
You guys did an awesome job! Good luck with your future projects! :DD

HumanToaster
Tumblr: humantoaster
Deviantart: human-toaster

#22 Post by HumanToaster »

Waah, I loved the game so much!
The sprites were really nice, and the characters were blinking! .A.
I have to admit that I came here for the gays only to start liking the female character best ;w; Ugh Kiko is the best, mischievous yet kind ;w;
Also the animated menu was a really nice detail!
First impressions on Friend Me?
-Unfortunately it was hard for me to make out what is happening, but I'm going to play it anyway since I really liked Prince Caterpillar~

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#23 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

doktorcrimson wrote:
LadyOfGatsby wrote:This was by far my favorite nanareno game, it had me laughing the whole time. I thought the story was super cute and sweet, a fun game to play too. The music was nice too :D I'm looking forward to more games from you!
I'm super honored to have Prince Caterpillar as your favorite nano game thus far~ Our WIP Friend Me might not be so cute and sweet but I hope you'll also find it a good read when it comes out!

I hope you guys finish your Cinderella game, too~ I'll be playing it once it's done :3
Thanks haha, its taking longer than I thought :(
ImageImage

doktorcrimson
Regular

#24 Post by doktorcrimson »

Mandy wrote:Oh my gosh! This was super adorable~! <3
It's definitely one of my favourite NaNoRenO games from this year!~

I really love the art style for the sprites, all the character designs are real cute.
Ivan and Kiko are cute friends. And of course,
Ivan and Julian are the cutest couple! I was so happy when they finally got together. ^w^
"Friend Me" looks awesome too and I can't wait to play it when it's done.
You guys did an awesome job! Good luck with your future projects! :DD
Thank you~ same goes to you guys!
HumanToaster wrote:Waah, I loved the game so much!
The sprites were really nice, and the characters were blinking! .A.
I have to admit that I came here for the gays only to start liking the female character best ;w; Ugh Kiko is the best, mischievous yet kind ;w;
Also the animated menu was a really nice detail!
First impressions on Friend Me?
-Unfortunately it was hard for me to make out what is happening, but I'm going to play it anyway since I really liked Prince Caterpillar~
Ahhh I'm glad you liked Kiko~ She da best everything happened because of her (in real life and in game lol)

See my previous relies to others about Friend Me~ It's going to be really different than Prince Caterpillar :3

doktorcrimson
Regular

#25 Post by doktorcrimson »

Drew Kiko w/markers. See attachment on 1st page.

little-starlight
Tumblr: shinyrabbits
Deviantart: kaiiwaianime

#26 Post by little-starlight »

This was a really cute game!!! I look forward to Friend Me~ :)

Alderking

#27 Post by Alderking »

Aw, that was such a cute game! I never thought I'd play a BL game with a bug in it, but nope, that is an experience I have now achieved in life. The good ending is the sweetest thing ^-^

ppppantsu
Veteran
Completed: Haruman, DMMd Fan VN, Fetish 1.0, Fetish: ESC, Colors~AU~, Fetish: Wanted, Incolore
itch: soraille

#28 Post by ppppantsu »

Fun, short VNs like this fire me up!!!
It's really cute and Kiko is very relatable! <3

Thank you for this fluffy short! <3

mslilian
Tumblr: keep-calm-and-watch-anime

#29 Post by mslilian »

Woo! I love BL games and this one was a delight!

1. Would you kiss a caterpillar in real life with the potential of it turning into a hot dude/chick?

Depends on who told me it would turn into a hot person, like , could I trust the source? Unless it was from a book or something, then i'd probably try
When did you figure out Julian=Mr. Caterpillar?
I'm so dumb, it only hit me towards the end where the Caterpillar kept looking at Ivan after he told it his story. Before that, I thought that if Ivan didn't get with Julian, he'd get with the caterpillar who becomes human orz
Thoughts on friend me?
I haven't had the chance to check it out yet! but I bet it'll be good.

I also drew a little fanart for it since I finished and I loved it so much , i was inspired!
Attachments
Click for full size.
Click for full size.

Konoi
Regular
Deviantart: Kurozora-Konoi

#30 Post by Konoi »

I've just finished the game, and I must say it was one of the cutest and most endearing BL games I've played!
The art style was very nice too, and I loved the character designs.
I understand it was meant to be short, and it was good that way, but a part of me wishes for more and would have liked a longer story haha!
I liked the three endings. Well, the normal one was frustrating as Ivan didn't get any kind of closure, and Julian was stuck as a caterpillar, but it was a fine "normal" ending. I don't like when normal ending feel like really bad endings. The bad ending... it was so awful and sad... Poor Julian! He didn't deserve to die like that! :( And well, the good one was the sweetest thing ever, And Kiko's reactions were priceless - she's such a lovely sly serial shipper!
Now, the questions!

1. Would you kiss a caterpillar in real life with the potential of it turning into a hot dude/chick?
This one is unexpectedly tricky, to be honest! I don't think caterpillars are gross - when I was a kid, I collected caterpillars to raise them until they turned into pupas and then butterflies or moths. I think they're cute, and I can kiss cute animals with no problem.
Now, being asexual and aromantic, it would gross me out if it turned into a person...
But well, I could do it in order to save that person from their fate, I guess...
2. When did you figure out Julian=Mr. Caterpillar?
I had a feeling when they said they didn't see him at all that semester. Don't ask me why, it was a gut feeling.
Since I was set up to make Ivan tolerate the caterpillar but be angry about Julian in my first playthrough, to test the ground, I got the normal ending first. Each time they talked about Julian going away I was more and more convinced. And what made it 100% sure was the normal ending itself, about Ivan not seeing or hearing about the caterpillar or Julian ever again.

3. First impressions on Friend Me?
Looks promising - I was curious about Max when Kiko talked about her, so I was happy to see that extra!