Prince Caterpillar[BxB/ug][Romance/Comedy][NaNo16]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
procutemeister
Regular
Tumblr: the-professional-cutemeister

Re: Prince Caterpillar[BxB/ug][Romance/Comedy][NaNo16]

#31 Post by procutemeister »

I just finished this game and it was adorable! Love the characters and art.
Also I'm totally with Kiko... Ivan and Julian are soo cute together!
1. Would you kiss a caterpillar in real life with the potential of it turning into a hot dude/chick?
HELL NO. Sorry, I'm like Ivan a bit. I hate insects and bugs and all of those. D:
2. When did you figure out Julian=Mr. Caterpillar?
The very first flashback. I mean, Ivan was with the caterpillar and then thought of Julian. In terms of narrative, that made it fairly obvious. :P
3. First impressions on Friend Me?
It looks interesting, especially with the character descriptions in the epilogue... I'll have to check it out sometime.

Genow
IRC Nick: Genow

#32 Post by Genow »

This was so fun and cute! Even though Kiko's totally a bully, and at the start Ivan was whining way too much (but as I don't have his phobia, I wouldn't know how accurate the representation is). The main pairing is just too cute together.

(And I would've done the same Ivan did to Max and her in the epilogue)

Looking forward to Friend Me!

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

#33 Post by parttimestorier »

Hello! I just finished Prince Caterpillar and I thought it was really cute and funny. I have a small blog about VNs and I've been planning to write up a post about short BL games people might not have heard of, so I'll definitely include this one! I especially liked how expressive the sprites' faces were, like when Ivan was upset about being close to the caterpillar. To answer your questions, I'm not nearly as afraid of bugs as Ivan is, so I guess I probably would kiss one if Ireally had reason to believe it was a cursed human.
I think I started to suspect that the caterpillar was Julian when Kiko said something about how they hadn't seen him since the previous semester and he might have moved.
And Friend Me sounds really cool too! Are you guys still working on it?
ImageImageImage

doktorcrimson
Regular
Completed: Prince Caterpillar [NaNo16]
Projects: Friend Me
Tumblr: doktorcrimson
Deviantart: dr-crimson

#34 Post by doktorcrimson »

parttimestorier wrote:Hello! I just finished Prince Caterpillar and I thought it was really cute and funny. I have a small blog about VNs and I've been planning to write up a post about short BL games people might not have heard of, so I'll definitely include this one! I especially liked how expressive the sprites' faces were, like when Ivan was upset about being close to the caterpillar. To answer your questions, I'm not nearly as afraid of bugs as Ivan is, so I guess I probably would kiss one if Ireally had reason to believe it was a cursed human.
I think I started to suspect that the caterpillar was Julian when Kiko said something about how they hadn't seen him since the previous semester and he might have moved.
Ahhhhhh sorry for the super late reply! *sweats violently* Thank you for liking Prince Caterpillar~ I guess you can say we are half-ass working on Friend Me *sweats enough for a bottle of pocari sweat* We did have a beta demo that was about 2-3 hours, but the feedback kinda made us scratch the entire ending and settings? I might consider posting that demo sometime later this year despite how some people hated certain elements of it haha.

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

#35 Post by parttimestorier »

doktorcrimson wrote:
parttimestorier wrote:Hello! I just finished Prince Caterpillar and I thought it was really cute and funny. I have a small blog about VNs and I've been planning to write up a post about short BL games people might not have heard of, so I'll definitely include this one! I especially liked how expressive the sprites' faces were, like when Ivan was upset about being close to the caterpillar. To answer your questions, I'm not nearly as afraid of bugs as Ivan is, so I guess I probably would kiss one if Ireally had reason to believe it was a cursed human.
Ahhhhhh sorry for the super late reply! *sweats violently* Thank you for liking Prince Caterpillar~ I guess you can say we are half-ass working on Friend Me *sweats enough for a bottle of pocari sweat* We did have a beta demo that was about 2-3 hours, but the feedback kinda made us scratch the entire ending and settings? I might consider posting that demo sometime later this year despite how some people hated certain elements of it haha.
Haha no problem, glad to hear it's still on your to-do list! Good luck with further work on it - I would definitely be happy to read the demo and see if I can provide any useful feedback. :)
ImageImageImage