Heartbaked ♥ [NaNo 2016][comedy][GxB romance] + Guide!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

Heartbaked ♥ [NaNo 2016][comedy][GxB romance] + Guide!

#1 Post by minyan »

Edit: Sorry for the delay folks! Everything's up and running now. ^^

Download

https://gourmetvisual.itch.io/heartbaked

Or play the web version here: http://sandbox-adventure.com/heartbaked/

Time: 5-6 hours
Price: Free!

Questions:
- Did you enjoy it overall?
- What was your favorite part?
- What parts could be improved upon?
- Who was your favorite character?
- Would you like to see more games from Gourmet Visual?
- Any other random comments!

In a beautiful elven village hidden away in a lovely little forest, one pastry chef has just reached the last recipe in a sacred book passed down from her grandmother. Ginger has waited her entire career and quite possibly her life for this, and cannot wait to finally have created everything inside. However, the last recipe requires an ingredient that she doesn’t have in her pantry. TRUE LOVE! Ginger must go on a journey to find this true love, hopefully in one of the three admittedly quirky guys she knows. One problem though- she sucks at it. Good luck.

Basically a comedy otome game poking fun at the genre set in an elven village whose economy runs entirely around pastries.

Featuring:

+ Three boys to awkwardly attempt romance with!
+ 60,000 words!
+ 9 endings
+ 3 CGS
+ 8 BGs
+ Original music!

Characters:

The protagonist, whose name can be changed.
She has three possible personality types depending on player
choices, and each boy will favor a different one.

Ginger's childhood friend who helps around the store,
but is usually more of a hassle than actually useful due to
all of his pranks. He's a complete germaphobe
and is always seen wearing gloves.

A rude, cheap little jerk who is quite self conscious
about his height. He can be found trying to swindle
people out of pretty much anything in their pockets,
or arguing with Ginger.

New in town and a bit... eccentric. His greatest loves are
the two sheep he keeps with him at all times, and he
uses their wool to knit all of his clothing.

Brought to you by:

Gourmet Visual:
Min: Sprite artist/Gui artist/BG artist/Writer (2/3 of Carver's route)
Oktolio: Concept artist/Writer (Benjamin's route), CG artist
Averxy: Writer (Radley's route and 1/3 of Carver's route)

The Team:
Antelope: Composer
justcolorado : Programmer
screenshots.png
Thank you to those who offered their support! We couldn't have gotten this done without you.
Last edited by minyan on Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:19 pm, edited 13 times in total.
ImageImage

BáiYù
Regular
Completed: This Life Escapes Me, Up All Night, Lotus: The Self-Made Witch
Projects: Various
Organization: tofurocks, Fiendish Fiction, Spider Lily Studios
Github: baiyu-dev
itch: tofurocks

Re: Heartbaked ♥ [NaNo 2016][comedy][GxB romance]

#2 Post by BáiYù »

I'm amazed no one has replied to this thread yet because this is by far one of the largest projects that finished on time. I'm not done with the game, but I can already tell how much work and dedication was put into everything. I'm in love with the GUI, though my only gripe is that the text is very hard to read as the color is too similar to the background.

I chose Radly to romance at first, but I keep getting Ending 5 much to my dismay. Would you guys be able to post a hints guide soon?

I'd also like to ask if you would like a constructive critique along with my review of the game when I finish playing. I can post it with the review or send it via PM if you and the team are interested.

missxtake
Regular
Tumblr: vanilla-edge

#3 Post by missxtake »

I've been waiting for this!
Congratulations on finishing the game!! (And sorry about the technical difficulties) I'll play it as soon as possible.

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild

#4 Post by minyan »

BáiYù wrote:I'm amazed no one has replied to this thread yet because this is by far one of the largest projects that finished on time. I'm not done with the game, but I can already tell how much work and dedication was put into everything. I'm in love with the GUI, though my only gripe is that the text is very hard to read as the color is too similar to the background.

I chose Radly to romance at first, but I keep getting Ending 5 much to my dismay. Would you guys be able to post a hints guide soon?

I'd also like to ask if you would like a constructive critique along with my review of the game when I finish playing. I can post it with the review or send it via PM if you and the team are interested.
Aw thank you so much! And yes, we would love a constructive critique! Please send it via PM. (:
And sorry about the text, and Radley xD we will try to post a hints guide soon!
missxtake wrote:I've been waiting for this!
Congratulations on finishing the game!! (And sorry about the technical difficulties) I'll play it as soon as possible.
Thanks! It's all up and ready now, sorry for the delay!
ImageImage

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

Re: Heartbaked ♥ [NaNo 2016][comedy][GxB romance] (fixed!)

#5 Post by MimirollCookie »

Currently downloading!!! I can't wait to give you my thoughts!!! :D
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

Rainbow Colors
Regular
Projects: Come Here Often?

#6 Post by Rainbow Colors »

Yaaay it's fixed~ I'm gonna download it now~

(Though I still don't have the free time to play it ;__; Congratulations on finishing the game :D)

~targetting every otome game at the speed of sound
(because if I did it at the speed of light, I'd be time travelling)

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by minyan »

MimirollCookie wrote:Currently downloading!!! I can't wait to give you my thoughts!!! :D
Yaaay! Can't wait to hear them :D
Rainbow Colors wrote:Yaaay it's fixed~ I'm gonna download it now~

(Though I still don't have the free time to play it ;__; Congratulations on finishing the game :D)
Thanks! I hope you enjoy it when you do have time xD

The guide is now complete and available for download with the VN itself! See the link in the first post.
ImageImage

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

Re: Heartbaked ♥ [NaNo 2016][comedy][GxB romance] + Guide!

#8 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

What a great game!!! I got Benjamin's...er Beeenjamin's good ending 'Not So Sheepish After All' before a guide was put up. It wasn't hard; all I had to do was watch the affection meter and see how high it was. He is a LOT like me. Odd, misunderstood, a bit of a shut in, and has a sad past. Plus he loves animals. How could I not pick him? I really enjoyed playing, and I'm happy you finished this in time for NaNoRen. Keep up the great work~ <3

Kirlett
Regular

#9 Post by Kirlett »

Oh my God. I didn't finish the game. I'm still in day 3 with Carver. But this is GOLD. I can't stop laughing!!! :lol: The main character is hilarious, I love her personality. I will come back later once I've finished the game :D

Ups...In day 4 she starts calling herself Ginger, and Benajamin calls her that too. And I had a different name for her...
Last edited by Kirlett on Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

audrenes
Regular
Projects: Phoenix, Swan Lake, Kiss Me X
Tumblr: ajmakesvns

#10 Post by audrenes »

First of all, let me say that ALL THREE OF THEM LOOK ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS, I CAN'T WAIT TO ROMANCE ALL THREE OF THESE CINNAMON ROLLS

The game is downloading as we speak, but unfortunately, I'm super busy this week with school work so I'll have to wait until Friday to play, but I'm so HYPED to play it. But I can spend the week thinking about who I should pursue first, since I'm already having trouble just thinking about it. I have to say though, I feel Carver's pain of being vertically challenged, so I'm kiiiiiinda leaning towards him? Radley looks like a fun route to play and Benjamin seems too pure, too good for this world. I guess when I play it I'll just see where my choices take me since the personality of the MC determines the route?

(maybe it's the art that makes all of them look so precious? i'm loving the pastel color palette and general style of it all, by the way)

Anyway, I'll be returning with a full review once I finish the game!

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by minyan »

VocaloidsRCool wrote:What a great game!!! I got Benjamin's...er Beeenjamin's good ending 'Not So Sheepish After All' before a guide was put up. It wasn't hard; all I had to do was watch the affection meter and see how high it was. He is a LOT like me. Odd, misunderstood, a bit of a shut in, and has a sad past. Plus he loves animals. How could I not pick him? I really enjoyed playing, and I'm happy you finished this in time for NaNoRen. Keep up the great work~ <3
I'm glad you like Ben! I love playing through his route, it makes me crack up every time xD Oktolio will be so happy to hear this hehe.
Kirlett wrote:Oh my God. I didn't finish the game. I'm still in day 3 with Carver. But this is GOLD. I can't stop laughing!!! :lol: The main character is hilarious, I love her personality. I will come back later once I've finished the game :D

Ups...In day 4 she starts calling herself Ginger, and Benajamin calls her that too. And I had a different name for her...

Yaaay Carver's my favorite >w<
Thanks for pointing that out! It shall be fixed with an update soon. (:

audrenes wrote:First of all, let me say that ALL THREE OF THEM LOOK ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS, I CAN'T WAIT TO ROMANCE ALL THREE OF THESE CINNAMON ROLLS

The game is downloading as we speak, but unfortunately, I'm super busy this week with school work so I'll have to wait until Friday to play, but I'm so HYPED to play it. But I can spend the week thinking about who I should pursue first, since I'm already having trouble just thinking about it. I have to say though, I feel Carver's pain of being vertically challenged, so I'm kiiiiiinda leaning towards him? Radley looks like a fun route to play and Benjamin seems too pure, too good for this world. I guess when I play it I'll just see where my choices take me since the personality of the MC determines the route?

(maybe it's the art that makes all of them look so precious? i'm loving the pastel color palette and general style of it all, by the way)

Anyway, I'll be returning with a full review once I finish the game!
Yaaay review! Not that I'm, you know, ever promote one guy more than another... -cough-Carver is my favorite-cough-

I'm so happy you like the art! ^-^

If you guys find any typos/grammatical errors please post 'em here and we shall get those fixed!
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by minyan »

If you have time, please check out the poll about a potential art book!

http://strawpoll.me/7293324
ImageImage

JhazyJazz
Regular
Completed: Best Friends
Organization: Pastelle Studios

#13 Post by JhazyJazz »

I think this VISUAL NOVEL is going to be cool , nice and cute !
I support:
Completed Games:

Kirlett
Regular

#14 Post by Kirlett »

I'M HERE AGAIN. WELL. First of all, let me tell you that Radley was my favorite from the beggining. But I wanted to make Ben's and Carver's routes first because I wanted the feeling of Rads as the "true ending". AND I'M SO GLAD I DID. I MEAN.
He's SO in love with her. It pained me watching him get jealous and happy at the same time when she was with another guy. REALLY MY HEART CAN'T TAKE IT. The true ending with Ben...auch. My poor baby Rads. Actually, I found it funny how Radley gets mad at Ben and tries to get in the way, but with Carver, he just smiles and tells her to get her man. (AUCH </3) He hates Carver, but he does nothing to try to separate them. I'm not saying it was bad! Quite the contrary ^^
And now I'm going to play Radley's route :oops: And die of love, probably. And come back and tell you how much I loved his story, probably. Sorry not sorry.
Love the game! And the music!

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by minyan »

JhazyJazz wrote:I think this VISUAL NOVEL is going to be cool , nice and cute !
Well thanks! I hope you feel the same after you play ^^
Kirlett wrote:I'M HERE AGAIN. WELL. First of all, let me tell you that Radley was my favorite from the beggining. But I wanted to make Ben's and Carver's routes first because I wanted the feeling of Rads as the "true ending". AND I'M SO GLAD I DID. I MEAN.
He's SO in love with her. It pained me watching him get jealous and happy at the same time when she was with another guy. REALLY MY HEART CAN'T TAKE IT. The true ending with Ben...auch. My poor baby Rads. Actually, I found it funny how Radley gets mad at Ben and tries to get in the way, but with Carver, he just smiles and tells her to get her man. (AUCH </3) He hates Carver, but he does nothing to try to separate them. I'm not saying it was bad! Quite the contrary ^^
And now I'm going to play Radley's route :oops: And die of love, probably. And come back and tell you how much I loved his story, probably. Sorry not sorry.
Love the game! And the music!
xD Yessss I was hoping someone would do Radley's route last :D
I know it just breaks my heart. Especially like, drawing Radley's house and stuff I was like: THIS IS SO TRAGIC. THIS GAME NEEDS TO BE LISTED UNDER TRAGEDY. And yes, I feel like for Carver its because he's known Ginger as long as Radley has, whereas Ben is the new guy and Radley's like NO NOT FAIR xD
I hope you enjoy your 'true ending' c:
ImageImage