The story follows Van, a promising young craftsman. Fueled only by his passion for crafting, he left his hometown and set out to make it big in the bustling city of Azalea.
He soon realized that passion alone was not enough to survive in the big city. Without fame to his name, no decent customer looked at his wares. Without a decent workshop, he was treated as a common merchant. A month passed and he became just another in the long line of failures.
This all changed when he met a swordswoman who gave him the chance to turn his life around.
- RPG Battle System
- Sendo - Art and Programming
- Zetsubou - Writer (also the writer and creator of another NaNoRenO 2016 entry: Wander No More)
- Special thanks Sam and Abet!
- Aria was originally named Aira, but Zetsubou kept calling her Aria and it grew on me and ended up using it.
- A lot of the planned gameplay elements were dropped to meet the deadline (weapon upgrades, limited dungeon inventory, experience points, character map sprite, shop and trading, money system, bestiary and more). Even then, we still missed the deadline lol.
- Hundreds of bugs were born and killed during development.
- Character Side Images (the dialogue image when they speak) are cut off or disappear when rolling back (using PageUp/Down or MouseScroll) and continuing.
- CTC not working in fullscreen
- Added Story Mode. Not a fan of RPGs? Play in this mode!
- Reworked Casual Mode: Players deal 2x damage, have permanent +20 speed bonus, and 100% monster loot drop rate. Breeze through the game in this mode!
- Added Run command. Escape battles!
- Added Scrollbars to the Status Screen; no more screen overflow!
- Added Skill Descriptions in battle
- Added Status Effect icons
- Increased 'Fine String' and 'Premium String' drop rate; it's now very easy to get them.
- Removed unused assets and compressed images, reducing the overall filesize by around 20 MB
- And various small fixes and improvements
- What aspect(s) of the game do you feel can be improved?
- Do you have any feedback on the gameplay? Was it too hard, too easy, uninteresting?
- Would you be interested in a follow-up game featuring a larger cast and more gameplay (and possibly romance?)