2 Minutes for Roughing [Otome, Sports themed] [NaNo16]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
yoshibb
Veteran

2 Minutes for Roughing [Otome, Sports themed] [NaNo16]

#1 Post by yoshibb »

Development Thread

This is my second NanoReno project (Sorry it's a little late ^_^;). Since, I was running late this year, I decided on just focusing on the main routes without the epilogues. I had so much fun making Lost Heroes last year, I couldn't help but join up again. I love hockey. I've watched and played it since I was little, so I figured making a visual novel about dek hockey/street hockey would be interesting. I tried to explain and simplify the rules of hockey as much as I could so everyone can understand and I also provided a little guide map in game in case you'd like to have a visual of it.

Art, Writing, and Coding were done by me with Renpy. Ziassan was nice enough to create a custom track for me. The rest of the music comes from Incompetech

Synopsis

Paige loves hockey. She's studied and played on and off the ice for as long as she can remember. Her knowledge and toughness are top notch. While she's never been gifted in natural skill, she's one of the best when it comes to adapting to opponents and teammates. There's only one problem, her temper. Paige has racked up innumerous suspensions and even been kicked off teams for her legendary bouts of rage.

However, she finally feels like she has her temper under wraps and she's ready to give her favorite sport another go. Her brother has agreed to bring her to practice with his dek hockey team to see if she's ready to handle competition once again. First step, making sure she can get along with her new teammates!

Features

- Three possible romances
- Unique sprites and BGs
- 3 CGs
- 6 Endings

Screenshots

Image Image

If you guys like this game please let me know. I would like to create epilogues for each of the guys if there is enough interest. Hope you have fun!

Download on Itchio

someone45678
Completed: The Beginning

Re: 2 Minutes for Roughing [Otome, Sports themed] [NaNo16]

#2 Post by someone45678 »

THIS SEEMS AWESOME
(HIGHFIVES MYSELF)
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE RELEASE
(HIGHFIVES MYSELF AGAIN)
DOWNLOADING
(HIGHFIVES MYSELF ONCE MORE)
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Amy_oai
Regular
Tumblr: obsessionaboutillusions

#3 Post by Amy_oai »

First, congrats on the release :D

This game's so much fun to play!
I just love Paige, she's an amazing and unique MC and it was really interesting playing as her.
All 3 of the romanceable boys were great and I liked the little side romance with her brother and teammate.

Your CGs BGs are so amazing too <3

The game's a good length for a nano game, but I really wouldn't mind seeing those epilogues you mentioned there~ ;D
Image Image Image Image

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#4 Post by MimirollCookie »

Congrats!
Imma download it. ^_^
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

katjalaroux
Tumblr: katjalaroux

#5 Post by katjalaroux »

I've been playing NaNo games for a while, but I had to make an account to let you know that I really liked this. As a hockey fan, I've been looking forward to it since I saw it in the WiP thread. (I really wish there were more sports themed otome games in general, but until I have the guts to try writing myself, I guess I can't complain.)

For a short game, I thought you did well giving all the characters interesting personalities and backstories. I like Paige quite a bit, and I found her temper issues to be a really interesting plot point (particularly in Jordan's route). Blake was my favorite--partly because I really liked how Paige handles his attitude and their back-and-forth--but I honestly enjoyed all three routes. And I'd love to see some epilogues for them!

Anyway...thank you for creating the game! And congrats on completing it!

yoshibb
Veteran

#6 Post by yoshibb »

someone45678 wrote:THIS SEEMS AWESOME
(HIGHFIVES MYSELF)
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE RELEASE
(HIGHFIVES MYSELF AGAIN)
DOWNLOADING
(HIGHFIVES MYSELF ONCE MORE)
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
lol, thanks :)
Amy_oai wrote:First, congrats on the release :D

This game's so much fun to play!
I just love Paige, she's an amazing and unique MC and it was really interesting playing as her.
All 3 of the romanceable boys were great and I liked the little side romance with her brother and teammate.

Your CGs BGs are so amazing too <3

The game's a good length for a nano game, but I really wouldn't mind seeing those epilogues you mentioned there~ ;D
Thank you! I'm glad you like the characters so much. And the CG BGs were fun, but definitely time consuming, so I'm happy they came out well.

Hopefully, I will find the time to do the epilogues. I have a few ideas in mind.
MimirollCookie wrote:Congrats!
Imma download it. ^_^

Yay! Please, tell me what you think after you finish it.
katjalaroux wrote:I've been playing NaNo games for a while, but I had to make an account to let you know that I really liked this. As a hockey fan, I've been looking forward to it since I saw it in the WiP thread. (I really wish there were more sports themed otome games in general, but until I have the guts to try writing myself, I guess I can't complain.)

For a short game, I thought you did well giving all the characters interesting personalities and backstories. I like Paige quite a bit, and I found her temper issues to be a really interesting plot point (particularly in Jordan's route). Blake was my favorite--partly because I really liked how Paige handles his attitude and their back-and-forth--but I honestly enjoyed all three routes. And I'd love to see some epilogues for them!

Anyway...thank you for creating the game! And congrats on completing it!
Wow, I'm flattered that you signed up just to tell me you liked my game >///< I wish there were more sports otomes too as I'm a fan of pretty much every sport, and if you ever do end up writing one, I'd love to read it!

I always have fun writing banter between characters and Blake was especially fun cause he's so easily provoked XD I really do hope to be able to epilogues for them, so thanks for letting me know that you're interested. It's a big encouragement for me.

PuffBun
Regular
Deviantart: kasey-puff

#7 Post by PuffBun »

The main character, Paige was very relatable and the guys were great! Jordan, Colt, and Blake's personalities were really sweet! I loved the story Great job! :lol: I wonder if you'll make a sequel?? :P I'll be keeping an eye out for your otome works!

SNSeed

#8 Post by SNSeed »

I just realized you did that LoZ game too (gonna need to play that again now that i've been reminded of it's existence).
I reaaaaaally loved this one, looking forward to/hoping for an epilogue.
I wasn't sure how to feel about a Hockey otome but all it took was a few minutes for it to be my favourite of the NaNo games.
Paige's anger had me laughing so hard that I was worried I was going to wake someone.
Blake was pretty much my childhood anime crush (Yu Yu Hakusho Hiei) so thank you for making him. haha
Seriously fun though, thanks for your hard work. :!:

yoshibb
Veteran

#9 Post by yoshibb »

PuffBun wrote:The main character, Paige was very relatable and the guys were great! Jordan, Colt, and Blake's personalities were really sweet! I loved the story Great job! :lol: I wonder if you'll make a sequel?? :P I'll be keeping an eye out for your otome works!
Thanks! I'm happy to see that you liked the characters. I wanted to make sure all the guys were likeable along with Paige, since this was my first attempt at having multiple romance routes. Thanks for playing!
SNSeed wrote:I just realized you did that LoZ game too (gonna need to play that again now that i've been reminded of it's existence).
I reaaaaaally loved this one, looking forward to/hoping for an epilogue.
I wasn't sure how to feel about a Hockey otome but all it took was a few minutes for it to be my favourite of the NaNo games.
Paige's anger had me laughing so hard that I was worried I was going to wake someone.
Blake was pretty much my childhood anime crush (Yu Yu Hakusho Hiei) so thank you for making him. haha
Seriously fun though, thanks for your hard work. :!:
It's nice to know people still remember my LoZ game! I'm glad I was able to make you laugh. I know hockey is a bit of a weird subject but I loved playing the sport, so I wanted to try making a story out of it. Thank you for giving it a shot :)

As for the epilogues, I want to do them. After a finish Divide, the commercial visual novel I'm working on, I'll have the time to work on this again. If anyone would like to follow the progress I make on my otome games, you can follow my twitter page. I try to update that as much as I can.

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#10 Post by Harliqueen »

Ahh, what a great game :D Been wanting to play it since NaNo and finally had time!

I have to say... Colt all the way!

I really enjoyed this, it had such a fresh feel to it because of the different setting and story.
I particulary liked the hockey guide, that was a really good add!

Paige was brilliant, really different to other MCs :)

Well done on this! Really enjoyed it :D
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#11 Post by Godline »

I was a huge fan of this. I love to see a game where it's just guys being guys. (Plus, I once had a hockey game in the works so I absolutely love the concept).

I went for Blake first. He was such a d bag.
And he called Paige "woman" all the time which for some reason was really appealing.

Colt was great as a second choice.

Jeremys route came together at the end but I could see that it didn't start out as interesting as the other two.

But you have my top vote for nanoreno. The MC is my kinda girl. ;)

yoshibb
Veteran

#12 Post by yoshibb »

Harliqueen wrote:Ahh, what a great game :D Been wanting to play it since NaNo and finally had time!

I have to say... Colt all the way!

I really enjoyed this, it had such a fresh feel to it because of the different setting and story.
I particulary liked the hockey guide, that was a really good add!

Paige was brilliant, really different to other MCs :)

Well done on this! Really enjoyed it :D
Thank you! I'm happy you liked it. Colt is a sweetheart so I understand completely!

I know a lot of people aren't familiar with hockey, so I tried to give as much help as possible. I'm glad you were able to understand it.
Godline wrote:I was a huge fan of this. I love to see a game where it's just guys being guys. (Plus, I once had a hockey game in the works so I absolutely love the concept).

I went for Blake first. He was such a d bag.
And he called Paige "woman" all the time which for some reason was really appealing.

Colt was great as a second choice.

Jeremys route came together at the end but I could see that it didn't start out as interesting as the other two.

But you have my top vote for nanoreno. The MC is my kinda girl. ;)
I'm flattered you like it that much! Most of my friends are guys so I'm used to that environment.

I'm glad you liked Blake. He is a total dbag, but Paige knows how to set him straight :)

Note: I'm currently doing a roleplay with these characters here along with a bunch of other nanoreno creators, in case anyone would like to check it out.

https://askdreamgazer.wordpress.com/201 ... al-novels/

nickynoton
Regular
Completed: Equilibrium
Projects: Equilibrium [nano16], Phantasm [nano17]
Tumblr: nickynoton
itch: nickynoton

#13 Post by nickynoton »

Hey! Really enjoyed your game!
It gave me nostalgic feelings back to the days when I played hockey during school (or field hockey I guess, as it's better known as overseas?)
I really liked the whole set up and the characters were likable. Paige was very entertaining to see whenever she blew up. :lol:
I used to play defender too so that's pretty cool. I could really relate to how tense and angry they got in matches.
Anyways, Blake was my favourite. He was such a jerk but I loved the banter between him and Paige.
The other two were pretty interesting too. Colt was really sweet.
I would love to see an epilogue. I'm so curious to know what happens afterwards.
So good job!

Oh yeah! I ended up looking up and playing through Lost Heroes afterwards and absolutely loving it.