Asagao Academy: Normal Boots Club[Free][GxB][School][Parody]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
unicornism
Completed: Asagao Academy: Normal Boots Club
Organization: Illus Seed

Re: Asagao Academy: Normal Boots Club[Free][GxB][School][Par

#16 Post by unicornism »

Virelai wrote: Overall, I love it. Whatever you're doing, you're doing a great job of it and you should be extremely proud of this project.
Thank you so much, I'm so glad you've been enjoying it! We really wanted to make a game that would be enjoyable for both Normal Boots fans and non-fans who enjoy VNs, so feedback from the VN community is greatly appreciated.
Mashiro-chi wrote: Wow, the project has grow quite a bit huh, 7 routes, 42!! endings and 32 CGs, this is super impressive for free game, it is almost waste to have this impressive game totally free, but thank you very much!!
It's free because we felt it would be wrong to charge for a game based around the likenesses of 15 real people, haha. But this was the first game we created together and we learned so much from the experience. Now we're very excited to apply all that to our next project!

Cammi-sama

#17 Post by Cammi-sama »

I finished PBG's route the other day. I absolutely loved it! :)

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#18 Post by MomoiroGirl »

I completely forgot about this, until I saw MatPat from The Game Theorists is playing this (fucking amazing Youtubers are getting more into VNs :D) This seems really cool and super HQ, I'll definitely be playing this soon!

greenheartnellie
Regular

#19 Post by greenheartnellie »

Playing this right now :D
Can sorta write but CAN'T art so I am just here for the otomes! Ahihihi <3

Cheratomo
Regular
Completed: Asagao Academy: Normal Boots Club, Solstice, A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: [Game in Progress], A Year Abroad, Entrepreneur Simulator
Organization: Illus Seed
Tumblr: cheratomo

#20 Post by Cheratomo »

I wanted to thank everybody who has given this game a shot! Also, do you have any constructive criticism? We're working on our next game now and it would be helpful to know if there's anything we should keep in mind. c:
Virelai wrote:I haven't played the entire novel yet, BUT I LOVE THE TRANSITIONS AND I LOVE THE INTRO.

I just had to say that before I totally forgot, the animation and graphics ARE WONDERFUL.

EDIT UPDATE:
The fact that this hasn't had more posts of people freaking out about how amazeballs this VN is astounds me.
I haven't played through this entire thing, (I've only done Shane's route) but I can tell you pretty much how wonderful everything is. Personally, I love the little graphics, and the little transitions in the background. It's just that this novel is super detail oriented, and not everything is stable and rigid...does that make sense? Overall, the background is super interactive, not to mention the voice acting.
I also can't believe this is free. I'll definitely donate once I get my paying account fixed up, because this is worth so much more than just $10. Honestly, just looking at the quality and the time spent I'd pay a solid $15-20 dollars for this. The stories of each character are clearly long, and even the prologue before you can choose your man is super detailed and very long.
Overall, I love it. Whatever you're doing, you're doing a great job of it and you should be extremely proud of this project.
Thank you!! That's super nice of you to say. :D I think I know what you mean by not being stable rigid. We tried very hard to give it a sense of life, even though we didn't have different poses for the sprites.

greenheartnellie
Regular

#21 Post by greenheartnellie »

So far I have finished 2 full routes (up to the best end) but I am still missing 1 end for PBG and 2 ends for Shane. I have also played both hidden routes and
my God did Jacques' route disturb me. Despite that, I applaud how it was written that it was actually effective in making me feel what it was I'm supposed to feel. It started out pretty funny until everything was just :shock: :shock: :shock: I am glad I didn't leave it for last so I could still have romance to come back to :lol:
As for the story, the intro was quite long but maybe I was just too excited to get started on a route. Though I really enjoy reading so the longer the VN, the better so it made me happy anyway :)

I love the CGs, BGs, and sprites as well. I love how there are tons of endings to unlock, and as well as the voices. It makes me so happy and I feel so spoiled. :D

And I'd also like to mention that I have only heard of Normal Boots and Hidden Block when I saw this thread because I rarely go to the gaming side of Youtube, but everything got more exciting knowing that those are based from real people.
Can sorta write but CAN'T art so I am just here for the otomes! Ahihihi <3

Mystyk
IRC Nick: Mystyk

#22 Post by Mystyk »

Hey!

I have been playing with this recently and I felt like saying a few things about it. I really love the base story (well okay...who wouldn't want to date a bunch of guys?) but anyway, I really like how well written it is, and that, even though I haven't played all routes yet, the stories for each route were unique. I really, really loved PBG's and Shane's route, they were adorable! <3 I also loved Mai's character, she is so adorable!

Sometimes (mostly in Jared's route, but not only there) I got quite a few errors though (although rollback solved it). I also would have loved to see more CGs (especially with PBG xD).

I hope you will make more otome games like this!
(But with more handsome guys LOL *runs* oh well, tastes...:P)
Good luck with your future projects, can't wait to see more of your works!

YourGeekGoddess
Regular
Projects: Bog
Deviantart: YourGeekGoddess
Soundcloud: YourGeekGoddess

#23 Post by YourGeekGoddess »

I played this the very second I could get my hands on it, and I must say, it did not disappoint. I wish that the Jacques goal had been met though!

Also, personal feelings of the guys aside, PBG is the route to take. SUCH FEELS!.