✿ Ciikos Bridge ✿ [Adventure/Fantasy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

✿ Ciikos Bridge ✿ [Adventure/Fantasy]

#1 Post by Reikun »

Download from itch.io!
https://skyharborr.itch.io/ciikos-bridge
(Win/Mac/Linux + Guidebook PDF)
Resolution: 1366x768 | Rating: Everyone 10+

✿ INTRO ✿
Taku spends his days looking out for new things to explore around Bruma, the small forest village he calls home.
When the village elder tells of a way to visit another world, Taku is dying to find out if it's really possible!
What kind of adventure awaits Taku on the morning of legend? Only a journey through the fog will tell!

✿ CHARACTERS ✿
Taku - Our protagonist! Full of youth and curiosity!
Jinsuke - Taku's older brother. He works as a metalsmith repairing things for villagers and travellers.
Kamiya Shinji - The shopkeeper's son. He helps to run the only store in Bruma.
Tanukawa - A fluffy-tailed raccoon dog.
Riku & Hare - An odd pair of merchants.
Ratsu - The prince of the fauns.
???? Who could these mystery people be ????

✿ FEATURES and SCREENSHOTS ✿
ciikos_screenshots.jpg
Lint wrote:The game contains 1,915 dialogue blocks, containing 17,934 words and 95,748
characters, for an average of 9.4 words and 50 characters per block.
The game contains 47 menus, 33 images, and 17 screens.
Ciikos Bridge also includes:
  • Trading gameplay
  • 5 endings
  • Guidebook contains hints/solutions and more!
✿ TEAM ✿
Reikun - story, writing, art, gui, chara design
teruki - programming, co-writing, chara design
See fullcredits.txt in the download for complete attributions (also available on page 38 of the guidebook)!

✿ DOWNLOAD ✿
For Win/Mac/Linux + Guidebook PDF

https://skyharborr.itch.io/ciikos-bridge
✿ OTHER I hope you enjoy the game and please let us know what you think!
If you like the game and want to spread the word you can retweet or reblog us or make your own post about it somewhere! ^o^ Most of all thank you for playing!!
Last edited by Reikun on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: ✿ Ciikos Bridge ✿ [Adventure/Fantasy]

#2 Post by Googaboga »

Congrats on the release! I'm gonna try it as soon as I have a chance *3*.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

natsumachi
Regular
Completed: Re∞Birth [BL]
Projects: Ferfecir [BL]
Organization: Milky Cherry

#3 Post by natsumachi »

I played for about an hour last night, and was having a lot of fun with how cute everything is. And feeding Ratsu! He's just too adorable~

But then I seem to have played into a situation where I can't progress at all because
Ratsu won't accept foods he's already eaten(?), and I can't trade with Tanukawa while he's under the mors spell.;;
I plan to check out the guide later to see if it's possible to progress without loading an earlier save.

Anyway, congrats on completing such a cute and fun game. I also like the other characters (and Taku's design is really cute for a boy), but Ratsu is definitely my fav so far.

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Reikun »

Googaboga wrote:Congrats on the release! I'm gonna try it as soon as I have a chance *3*.
Thank you, Googaboga! ^o^
natsumachi wrote:I played for about an hour last night, and was having a lot of fun with how cute everything is. And feeding Ratsu! He's just too adorable~

But then I seem to have played into a situation where I can't progress at all because
Ratsu won't accept foods he's already eaten(?), and I can't trade with Tanukawa while he's under the mors spell.;;
I plan to check out the guide later to see if it's possible to progress without loading an earlier save.

Anyway, congrats on completing such a cute and fun game. I also like the other characters (and Taku's design is really cute for a boy), but Ratsu is definitely my fav so far.
So glad to hear you're having fun! :D Regarding your spoiler text: the guidebook has some hints about! I can hint a little more if it's still difficult though hehe. And I'm happy to hear you like Ratsu! He's dear to me so I'm always happy when others like him xD
ImageImageImage

Hoosha
Regular

#5 Post by Hoosha »

Omg. The art in this game is soooo pretty, cute and unique!!! I love it!! The music is nice too ^^ It reminds me of Dark Cloud or Breath of Fire 3. I'm in love with this game's aesthetic! The writing is adorable, innocent and interesting too! xoxo

What's the bigger game that this one is supposed to tie into?! :o

(I voted for Ratsu because the hand scene was too precious. But I love what I've seen of all the characters.)

p.s. I appreciated the shonen ai undertones...so cute..

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Reikun »

Hoosha wrote:Omg. The art in this game is soooo pretty, cute and unique!!! I love it!! The music is nice too ^^ It reminds me of Dark Cloud or Breath of Fire 3. I'm in love with this game's aesthetic! The writing is adorable, innocent and interesting too! xoxo
Hi Hoosha! Thank you so much for the compliments! :D
What's the bigger game that this one is supposed to tie into?! :o
This is a bit hard to answer since I don't have a lot of information about it online yet, but basically this game is part of a 'series' involving a large group of characters. I have to say 'series' in quotes because they aren't episodes or anything, but more like a collection of stories about the same characters with a loose chronology and common setting/universe elements. It's kind of similar to Tezuka's star system but not quite the same.
(I voted for Ratsu because the hand scene was too precious. But I love what I've seen of all the characters.)

p.s. I appreciated the shonen ai undertones...so cute..
It seems that no matter what I do the BL undertones just permeate my work COUGH... I'm glad to hear you like Ratsu too! ^o^ Thank you so much for playing. Were you able to get an ending(s) yet?
ImageImageImage

Hoosha
Regular

#7 Post by Hoosha »

Reikun wrote:
This is a bit hard to answer since I don't have a lot of information about it online yet, but basically this game is part of a 'series' involving a large group of characters. I have to say 'series' in quotes because they aren't episodes or anything, but more like a collection of stories about the same characters with a loose chronology and common setting/universe elements. It's kind of similar to Tezuka's star system but not quite the same.
Oh...is it like a comic thing that you sell at cons or something?
It seems that no matter what I do the BL undertones just permeate my work COUGH... I'm glad to hear you like Ratsu too! ^o^ Thank you so much for playing. Were you able to get an ending(s) yet?
>:) That's a good thing. I played through all the endings because the game's pretty short but I got Ratu's ending first.

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Reikun »

Hoosha wrote:Oh...is it like a comic thing that you sell at cons or something?
I wish (maybe one day haha) xD; And whoo! You got all the endings :D congrats! Feel free to tell your friends to play...! xD
ImageImageImage

Nana7
Regular
Projects: Unichan (NanoReno), Keylocker
Tumblr: umiloo

#9 Post by Nana7 »

I played a little of it (10min challenge? :lol: I'm in dev hell yet, so I'm sorry that I couldn't finish it)

And I like it very much :3 I saw it on twitter and ran to download it, because the art was so great, and it looks so professional! :3
The beginning of the gui, with all the elements coming together, really well done! The VN impressed me from the beginning xD

I liked the way the story is fast-paced, I enjoyed the little bit that I played.
I may come here later, when I finish it.

But for now, nice art, amazing gui, and interesting use of animations and gameplay :3

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Reikun »

Hey Nana7! Thanks for giving it a shot and leaving a comment :) I'd be interested in hearing more about what you thought if you get a chance to finish ^o^
ImageImageImage

Laniessa
Veteran
Completed: CDC, Cerulean, WBW, Helena's Flowers
Projects: Chomp Chomp, WaV
Tumblr: adirosa
Deviantart: adirosa

#11 Post by Laniessa »

What a lovely game! I love it a lot! I got all the endings huehue. Taku is such a charming protag <3

I sort of, uh, love every part of the game?!? The bunny GUI is so well done aaaa. Trading was a lot of fun! At first it made me nervous because I was like 'oh no what if I run out of items...!?' but then Ratsu kept giving me flowers so it was all good. It was a really sweet and relaxing game <3 Good job skyharborr!!!!

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#12 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Congrats on the release again~!! <33
I've downloaded it and will play this as soon as I can.
PRETTY ART, GUI AND EVERYTHING LOOKS AWESOME, cute boys too *cough* THIS DEMAND A FANART <33
From what i've seen so far, I'm really curious about Ratsu, also Riku & Hare
I'll come back with a proper response later!

cometgears

#13 Post by cometgears »

Everything about this was really cute. The art, colors, and the music and sound effects set the atmosphere well. I liked meeting all the characters! And I enjoyed Taku's upbeat personality.

The trading also made me a little nervous at first because I thought I was going to mess it up and give out the wrong items. But once I figured it out, it was all good.

I was too nosy with my questions, haha. But I got Tanukawa's ending first, and he was the one I was most interested in,
I liked how he kept mentioning his BFFs Treebark and Blossom
so that worked out well. Then I tried the other characters' endings and liked all of theirs as well.

Thanks for making such a fun game!

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Reikun »

@Lani: waahh thanks Lani!!!! ^o^ I'm so glad you had fun!

@Yuuki: OOHH thank you, and have fun!! :D

@cometgears: Thank you so much for playing! Super happy to hear you liked all the endings :) What was the most difficult part of trading for you? Was any part of it confusing?

-----

General update: So far the response has been pretty positive so I'm very grateful T__T Thank you so much for playing, everyone! I'm going to try to figure out how to get this game to work on android (I tried once before and failed). If I'm successful I'll be updating the GUI for that version to be more touch/mobile friendly. Fingers crossed!
ImageImageImage

Oktolio
Regular
Completed: Heartbaked
Projects: Paint My World Anew, LoveLime!
Organization: https://gourmetvisual.itch.io/
Deviantart: Oktolio

#15 Post by Oktolio »

I've already commented on Twitter but I feel like I have to expand my comment here ;u;
First and foremost, I really liked the idea and mechanism of the game! Very interesting. Though too bad not everything could be used/or didn't have different/more attributes to it.
I liked how you created the characters - you could feel their personalities, they were bland/blank cards. The ones that piqued my interest the most were Jinsuke (I want him to appear more ;; also, his poor arm....!
Is it gone because Taku was attacted by the monster that name I cannot recall for the love of god now? ;; Ahhh
, Riku and Hare (gosh those cuties), Ratsu (I was laughing so hard at his little hanging dong oh gosh) and
the Forest God. He might be my favourite along with Jinsuke. I felt really bad about his brother...and when he cried ;-;
The bgs were pleasant to look at. I actually took a minute to look at the details. Well done :D
Sprite art was nice too, although not as good as bgs. Sometimes it was awkward anatomically-wise, but it's nothing good practise can't fix! :)
The GUI was amazing. Loved the bunny theme.
I got 3 of 5 endings - I couldn't trigger
Forest God's ending. I was really looking forward to it though
Overall, it was a nice, simple and pleasant to look at game. I look forward to your other works!! :D
And to more Forest God and Jinsuke haha oops
In Progress: Paint My World Anew, Breadbox
Finished: Heartbaked