✿ Ciikos Bridge ✿ [Adventure/Fantasy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
cometgears

Re: ✿ Ciikos Bridge ✿ [Adventure/Fantasy]

#16 Post by cometgears »

The most difficult part for me was making the first trade. I was nervous partly because of something like what Oktolio was suggesting--I thought I was going to have to make specific trades, or figure out exactly what each character needed, or there was going to be a different mechanic/puzzle for each silver piece. And then I was only trading flowers because I knew Ratsu would give me more, and saving the book and paper in case I needed it later. But once I realized the main mechanic was the one you had showed the player right before the trading game, it made sense. And it also made sense/fit the mood of the story that you included a way to reset in case the player made a mistake, so I really didn't need to be so nervous XD.

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#17 Post by Reikun »

Thanks for the feedback, cometgears :) That's really helpful to know in case I do trading in another game in the future :)
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#18 Post by Googaboga »

I played through the game and got endings 1-4. I didn't get the last ending because;
I was able to get 1-4 by just reloading to the last choice and selecting the different characters. So, I would've had to restart to get the fifth one and I didn't have time.

Speaking of which, I'm surprised I was able to get all the specific character endings. After I was done I went through the art book/guide to figure out ending five and saw that a bunch of my answers for Taku were not the ones listed in the walkthrough but I got his ending anyways. I guess I just barely made it :'D.
Anyways, I enjoyed the game. The trading system was neat and I thought it fit well with a VN style game. The presentation was also very impressive, especially since it was done in such a short amount of time.

Really good work and congrats again on finishing ^^.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Tempus
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Ladykiller in a Bind
Projects: StoryDevs
Tumblr: jakebowkett
Deviantart: jakebowkett
Github: jakebowkett

#19 Post by Tempus »

Hey, just dropping in to say I finished this and enjoyed it. I also liked the bunny menus :D The whole concept of a parallel world + the music reminded me a lot of how Chrono Cross feels, at least in places.

Since I like to break things, I did manage to get an error with ending 3/5 when giving Ratsu's faun flower to Jinsuke. I suspect it's caused by me trading empty slots in my backpack for other people's items earlier in the game. I assume you're not intended to give nothing during any trade.

Here's the traceback. I was reasonably certain this would be the last inventory related thing so I just chose 'ignore' when the error came up and the ending continued fine.

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/ending.rpy", line 2085, in script
  File "game/ending.rpy", line 2085, in <module>
  File "game/define.rpy", line 353, in traded
Exception: No such item

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/ending.rpy", line 2085, in script
  File "C:\Users\Jake\Documents\Media\Games\CiikosBridge-1.01-win\renpy\ast.py", line 805, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Jake\Documents\Media\Games\CiikosBridge-1.01-win\renpy\python.py", line 1461, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/ending.rpy", line 2085, in <module>
  File "game/define.rpy", line 353, in traded
  File "oop.py", line 237, in index
Exception: No such item

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.8.959
CiikosBridge 1.01
Anyway, nice game & well done!
StoryDevs — easy-to-search profiles for VN devs (under construction!)

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by Reikun »

(whoops late replies)

@Oktolio, Sorry for the late response!!! Thank you for elaborating on your thoughts here :D I don't know how I missed reading your response sooner.
I leave it up to the player's imagination what happened to Jinsuke's arm (hohoho). I'm so glad you liked him though!
Thank you so much for playing!

@Googaboga, Thank you so much for playing and leaving your thoughts :D
There are actually multiple combinations of choices to get every ending since it's a simple point-based determination, but it would've been too long to list every possible combination in the guidebook, so I tried to list the simplest ways to get every end ^__^
@Tempus, Thank you for pointing out this loophole in the trading system xD I'm not sure if/when we'll be able to patch it since my programmer is busy now and I'm not skilled enough to do it myself. We'll definitely keep this kind of thing in mind in the future though! Thank you so much for playing and I'm glad you enjoyed the bunny menus :D
ImageImageImage

ludeshka
Veteran
Completed: Hierofanía / Next Door Taker/Rhyme or Reason /Hierofanía 2
Projects: Hierofanía 3 (I swear it's the last one)
Tumblr: sillyraccoonknight
Deviantart: ludeshka
itch: ludeshka

#21 Post by ludeshka »

I feel very silly for posting this, but...walkthrough please? T_T
I'm not sure if I know what I'm doing. I got the raccoon dog's ending, but I really want to see the Forest Lord's and have no idea of how to do it.

I like the art very much, and I find this whole concept adorable. that's why I've come here whining, sorry XD

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by Reikun »

Sure! Forest Lord's ending:
>> When the forest lord first appears
- He seems nice
>> When you first visit the forest lord at the big tree
- That's very noble
- Change the subject
>> Talk to him during the trading part
- Violence is sometimes necessary
- It's exhausting
And then you finish trading and go home to see what happens ^o^

You can see solutions for the rest of the endings in the guidebook too (available to download from the itch.io page)! Let me know if anything in there is confusing though! haha

Glad to hear you like the art ;w;
ImageImageImage