~ MILK SWIM ~ [released]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Binki
Regular

#31 Post by Binki »

T_T Such a beautiful game. Bravo! I cannot wait for your next release

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#32 Post by mikey »

Thanks! Right now, (NaNoRenO) every little encouragement helps! :P

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#33 Post by Otaku Dash »

Finally got to play the game.... and man Mikey you sure know how to make people think.

Playing the game what i felt was: "Man and i thought i has having problems at school....". In a crazy Ren'ai kinda way i't manage to move me to work even harder than i do.... :shock: :D

*note to self... if you feel bad, play Mikey's games and you'll get a morale boost...*

Got the first ending at my first try... forgot to check the time for it :cry:
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#34 Post by mikey »

Glad you liked it - I actually thought of MS when you posted that message in the General area ^_^ (yeah, it wasn't too ^_^ back then). Ending 1 - well, there is no ending 1 in fact (that might have been Path 1) as there is only one ending hidden behind the password which you will have to scrabble together when you go through all 6 paths. I think THAT is the true ending, hope you can somehow achieve it - though I've been told that people liked their first path the best, especially in MS. Have fun!

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#35 Post by rioka »

Excellent game mikey! The backgrounds, the music, Haruhiko's thoughts... absolutely superb atmosphere. It's a rather interesting perspective, btw. It brings some things in my life to a whole new light.

I don't know about liking my first ending though (path 6). If anything I'd have prefered one where I just told the parents and gotten the whole sorry mess over with. :P

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#36 Post by Megaman Z »

do you think mikey will ever put an ending like that, eclipse? (or anyone else for that matter?) [prays to god that this doesn't start a "Flame war"]
~Kitsune Zeta

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#37 Post by rioka »

lol I doubt it! mikey likes to revel in one's inner pscye too much. ...Then again, he may just pull a fast one on us one day!

UPDATE:
I just played MS again and indirectly (as in a rather round-about-way through the various choices), Haruhiko does just what I would've prefered. And I have the password almost figured out... Hmmm....

UPDATE (...again):
Ha! Success!
lol Octopus! ^^ Nice touch in the end where you focus on her hand. All in all, it was sweet.
Last edited by rioka on Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#38 Post by mikey »

a fast one >> that would be M3 or TT - writing MS was exhausting to be honest, so I had to kind of balance it.

the hand focus>> of course, as the maker, I always see it, all the time, and I just keep hoping players find out at the very end only. Glad it worked!

thanks for playing!

TheOnlyOneKunobi
Regular
Location: The Call is Coming From Inisde the House....... In England

#39 Post by TheOnlyOneKunobi »

I liked MS although to be honest I don't relate to Haruhiko, I have the same trouble trying to study as he does I think most people do but I seem to do perfectly fine regardeless, imagine my surpirse when after writing my first two fan fictions that I had gone up three grades in my english test! It's not studying that helps but enjoying the application of what you learn, that's what drives you to learn more about a subject you enjoy.
All this said, I do sympathise with poor Haruhiko except for the one ending where he considers that he can't make others suffer by living, what kind of self involved jerk thinks that will help any thing! It would drive Natane to depression I'm certain and what about his own parents! Plus what if natane's parents think that they're responsible for it? (which they are!)
The little romance scenes were fantastic and coupled with the music it all almost over came me, but I stayed strong! *sniff* And it's a refreshing change not to sit there mentally egging the characters on, but to have a complete mind blank instead.
I have to say the whole game is like watching a flaming train wreck (in a good way!) in that it was tragic but I couldn't tear my self away until I saw it burn itself out..... brilliant!
"God and Buddah, if you really do exist please know ........................ YOU ARE BOTH MY ENEMY!"
- Excel Excel

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#40 Post by mikey »

Glad you enjoyed the game. I know it may be hard to relate to Haruhiko, but then again he was never intended to be universally likeable for all. He is someone who doesn't just run in danger of failing, he actually does fail. On the other hand the part where he doesn't want others to suffer by him living doesn't necessarily imply he wants to hurt himself or worse. It's there to show just how much the disappointment in the eyes of others is hurting him.

lina inverse
Regular
Location: im stucked in a big pitt in the Auburn Wilderness :'( for the twentyest time this year!! F*CK!

#41 Post by lina inverse »

mikey wrote:Glad you enjoyed the game. I know it may be hard to relate to Haruhiko, but then again he was never intended to be universally likeable for all. He is someone who doesn't just run in danger of failing, he actually does fail. On the other hand the part where he doesn't want others to suffer by him living doesn't necessarily imply he wants to hurt himself or worse. It's there to show just how much the disappointment in the eyes of others is hurting him.

wich game?
red hair
not tall
very cute

money, boys, sex, games, sport and shoping is all

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#42 Post by rioka »

The game this thread is named for: "Milk Swim". Keep up here lina, the topic of the thread is usually what people are talking about (unless it gets a bit off topic... ^^).

If you want to play the game, click on mikey's "www" under his post or go to the beginning of this thread for a link.

lina inverse
Regular
Location: im stucked in a big pitt in the Auburn Wilderness :'( for the twentyest time this year!! F*CK!

#43 Post by lina inverse »

eclipse wrote:The game this thread is named for: "Milk Swim". Keep up here lina, the topic of the thread is usually what people are talking about (unless it gets a bit off topic... ^^).

If you want to play the game, click on mikey's "www" under his post or go to the beginning of this thread for a link.
ok
red hair
not tall
very cute

money, boys, sex, games, sport and shoping is all

Sethaniel
Regular

#44 Post by Sethaniel »

Um, just a question-- when I first run into Natane at the bus stop, there is a line about "the pride of second graders"
Ah, where I come from, second graders are like, seven or eight years old. How old are Haruhiko and Natane supposed to be?
I know, this might be answered somewhere above, but I didn't want to read the previous posts and spoil anything.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#45 Post by mikey »

Second grade in the 4-years secondary (high) school that follows the 8-year primary school - the system is modeled on (Central) European schools. Natane and Haruhiko would be around 15-16 years old.