Her Tears Were My Light [GxG] [Fantasy] [NaNoRenO 2016]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
LydianChord
Completed: Time's Race Against Time, KAIMA Bad Ending Gaiden, Abandoned Building Quest
Projects: Her Tears Were My Light, KAIMA, Mermaid Splash, Us Lovely Corpses (soundtracks)
Tumblr: LydianChord
Github: lydianchord
Soundcloud: LydianChord
itch: alexh

Her Tears Were My Light [GxG] [Fantasy] [NaNoRenO 2016]

#1 Post by LydianChord »

I was only involved with composing the music, but it looks like there isn't a topic about this game here, so I'll make a post in case anyone hasn't played it yet! If you have any feedback, I'll pass it along to Nami.

You can get the game for free here: https://nomnomnami.itch.io/her-tears-were-my-light

Here's Nami's description on the site:
HER TEARS WERE MY LIGHT is a visual novel created for NaNoRenO 2016. it's a short love story about time and space. as time, you can move forward, backward, or warp to any moment you create a save point for. can you use that power to save space from her feelings of loneliness?

content advisory: mild horror elements. incredibly sappy romance.

get the soundtrack HERE!

you can find more of my work HERE and hey if you like my games maybe consider supporting me on patreon!

thank you, please enjoy! <3
Also, there are translations of the game in progress, so there's also that to look forward to!

Edit: Version 1.13 has Spanish, Russian, Korean, and simplified/traditional Chinese translations
Image Image
Image Image
Last edited by LydianChord on Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Things I've worked on:
- KAIMA Soundtrack (dark RPG with multiple endings, game by NomnomNami here)
- Her Tears Were My Light Soundtrack (NaNoRenO 2016, yuri game with time travel and cute artwork, game by NomnomNami here)
- Abandoned Building Quest (NaNoRenO 2016, weird adventure game with battles and chiptune music)

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

Re: Her Tears Were My Light [GxG] [Fantasy] [NaNoRenO 2016]

#2 Post by Donmai »

Beautiful! I really liked it.
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

somestrangecircus
Regular
Completed: Palette Swap (NaNo 2016)
Projects: Yumi-chan's Wonderful Cake Shop
Organization: Some Strange Circus
Tumblr: somestrangecircus
Deviantart: somestrangecircus

#3 Post by somestrangecircus »

I so want to play this; I just haven't had the time...

LydianChord
Completed: Time's Race Against Time, KAIMA Bad Ending Gaiden, Abandoned Building Quest
Projects: Her Tears Were My Light, KAIMA, Mermaid Splash, Us Lovely Corpses (soundtracks)

#4 Post by LydianChord »

If it helps, whenever you do get the chance to play it, you hopefully shouldn't have to set aside too much time! I'm pretty sure it took me less than two hours to get all three endings on my first playthrough by trial and error.
Things I've worked on:
- Her Tears Were My Light Soundtrack (NaNoRenO 2016, yuri game with time travel and cute artwork, game by NomnomNami here)
- Abandoned Building Quest (NaNoRenO 2016, weird adventure game with battles and chiptune music)

sunwave
Regular

#5 Post by sunwave »

Will try ASAP. Looks really cute and from the description, it seems really unique. I'm fine with 'slight horror elements', whatever they might include. 'Sappy romance' might be a bit scary, though.
The title, however, seems really evil. :o Maybe it is, or maybe I'm interpreting it differently than intended because of how my mind works. Haha.

Anyway, will edit when done playing to let you know what I thought.

EDIT:
Hhnnnnngggg! Too cute. Even though it was a really simple story, it was really enjoyable and the characters are well designed (I like the hourglass ribbon). The artstyle is perfect for the story too.
Also pretty nice use of the VN features in the story. If I had to mention anything I didn't like... I wouldn't know. (Or the corny answer: It's too short). I would have loved to see some interaction between Space and Nil. Oh well... all good things come to an end.

LydianChord

#6 Post by LydianChord »

sunwave wrote:Hhnnnnngggg! Too cute. Even though it was a really simple story, it was really enjoyable and the characters are well designed (I like the hourglass ribbon). The artstyle is perfect for the story too.
Also pretty nice use of the VN features in the story. If I had to mention anything I didn't like... I wouldn't know. (Or the corny answer: It's too short). I would have loved to see some interaction between Space and Nil. Oh well... all good things come to an end.
I'm glad you liked it! Yup, Nami's art style is definitely what made me a fan in the first place! This game was meant to be a small project, but if you want to see Time and Space (and Nil as a doll) again, they're making a cameo appearance in Nami's next RPG as Thyme and Spice!

Things I've worked on:

LydianChord

#7 Post by LydianChord »

Nami has updated the Russian translation. But also, she just released Clever Fox Moxie, an RPG Maker game, and alternate universe versions of Time and Space (pictured above) play an interesting role in it!
Things I've worked on:

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

#8 Post by Ghost of Crux »

HOO BOY THIS IS SO CUTE I NEED to play it. I love the concept as well, and the art is just ADORABLE. Unrepentant incredibly sappy gxg romance is best romance ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

LydianChord

#9 Post by LydianChord »

The latest version has a simplified Chinese translation! I'm working on converting it to traditional Chinese, so you can expect that soon too.

(Also, if you know any native Japanese speakers that can help make and/or edit a Japanese translation, please message me! Nami has done a partial translation, but she needs help.)
Things I've worked on:

LydianChord

#10 Post by LydianChord »

Oh yeah, this was actually released unannounced a while ago, but the traditional Chinese translation is available as well. Let me know if you notice any mistakes!
Things I've worked on: