crystalscm wrote:1. Which bachelor do you like the most? Why?
Ranking first would definitely be Reksa. I have a thing for the cold people, because by the end... I find that those type of people end up being really cute. To think they even were cold-hearted in the first place lol not to mention: he's really - in all honesty - handsome! Also, I really like Rama, just because his personality reminds me of my favorite character from another visual novel
2. What makes you consider playing this game?
The fact that this game is fantasy and supernatural. Mostly every completed game I see seem to be only drama and slice of life, which can get quite boring after a while, so I'm really excited for this game. Also, the plot is really interesting; I have really wanted to play this game for a long while now!
3. Overall, what do you think about this visual novel? What element stands out the most?
Well... I haven't actually played it yet lol but I will download it and let you know of my thoughts. The element that stands out to me is the characters. They seem to have such unique and strong personalities; so I bet I will have a lot of fun playing their routes in the game. Some of their personalities even pique my interest/curiosity...
4. Do you have any questions/constructive critiques?
In all honesty, I'm not good at doing constructive critiques, but a friend of mine can rant on and on about the weak points and the strong points of your game! This is just a question out of curiosity though: how did you come up with this plot? Was it inspired by something important to you?
5. If I make another visual novel, will you consider purchasing it via Patreon or Kickstarter?
I probably won't buy it, because I don't have a lot of money up my sleeve. However, I would be happy to beta-test it. I also do some donations in exchange for pre-released version of the game (though this happens rarely for me, since I almost never really have the money to donate in the first place, but when I do, I use it to donate in exchange for a pre-release)!
This game seriously looks so interesting! I'm going to download it right now and play it~ Thanks for releasing it on Ren'Py, and I look forward to playing it
Hi crystal! Thanks for sparing some time to review! OuO
1. Yeah, I knoowww that feeling too well x'D I also like cold/bad boys -it's interesting to find out what ruffles his feathers the most/what they value the most. They usually has an unexpected cute/adorable side and I just HAVE to see it >///< ok I'll stop rambling here lol. I hope Rama and Reksa fulfilled your expectations?
2. Aww thank you! I'm also relieved that the re-make is finished sooner than I thought
I plan to focus on fantasy stories since I'm quite a daydreamer so... if you want to read some fantasy VN, drop by! xD
3. I'll be looking forward for your thoughts
4. Well, at first I was thinking about 'why is there no VN about indonesian cultures?'. 3 years ago, I found some interesting cultures and I want to tell the world about it (Omed-omedan/Sati Ceremony, etc find out about them more in the VN ~)
Then, I lose at a character design competition (Reksa) and it was such a waste to let it collect dust, so I decided, why not make a VN? lol, now that I think about it, I was pretty much spontaneous. The comment & acceptation in lemmasoft forum when I posted the WIP also pushed me to finish it x)
I hope this satisfies your curiousity, yes?
5. I'm not sure about this 'pre-released game' O.o do you mean the beta-test game? well, if you interested to beta test my next project (which is still in 'preparation'), I'll be glad to have you to test it if you're still interested
Thank you again crsytal! see you around!
1. Which bachelor you like the most? and why? Reksa - Mitra - Rama.
Just got a thing for tsunderes.
2. What makes you consider to play this game? I love otome games, we need more of those!
3. Overall, what do you think about this visual novel? and what element stands out the most? (art? story? character?) The characters were lovely, I liked the setting a lot too. I dislike weak 'helpless' protagonists, Tamara definitely showed some strength.
4. Do you have any question or constructive critiques? I will read all the comments and reply to them like I do in Lemmasoft. None.
5. Last but not least, if I make another visual novel, will you consider buying it? via patreon or kickstarter that is (since I need to eat, electricity, and such things when I make VNs xD) Yes. This visual novel is pure quality compared to some others out there. I use steam a lot, so it's the most convenient platform for me to use and buy from.
Hi Alysa! Thanks for dropping by and reviewed!
How about yanderes? x'DD
Lol, who doesn't? tsunderes are so adorable!
2. YESH, I agree 1000% x'D it would be a dream come true for me if I can work in a VN industry *sigh*
3. aww thank you! I'm glad the setting/art manages to capture your attention :'3 and yup, I also try to dodge 'damsel in distress' type of heroine.
4. Does that mean I did a good job? OwO
5. I don't know about steam, since I have to pay some certain amount of money to post games there >< and I still don't understand about that Greenlight thing? I'm considering IndieGogo and Patreon now tho; maybe IndieGogo to see how much people would support me first in the next project
Thanks again and see you around!
I thought it would be better to answer here since is the "definitive" version (?)
SweetChiel wrote:I'm really happy when you told me you like my art, but do tell me if some backgrounds hurts your eye or not x'D I've been conscious with how 'bright' and 'saturated' my backgrounds are lately. It gives a 'child story book' feeling and it kinda contradicting itself with the dark-story-line? O_O; tell me what you think?
The backgrounds were really great and I think that the fact that they were so colorful didn't give a childish feeling but a fantasy and adventure one! Even if this game was much darker, I still wouldn't mind bright and colorful art, though. It would probably catch my attention more than a game with dark plot and dark art. Maybe because of the contradiction itself.
The game has scenes when Tamara is walking and enjoying the nature, and the setting is quite important for the story development too (With Komodo's death forest, Hakuna falls...), so I think saturated and bright backgrounds are the right thing, since the enviroment itself is really special and important in this game. Like, I think it has to stand out!
Short answer: They look really beautiful and color is nice, so they are all right! uwub
Hi Adriana! and lol, no problem. You can post wherever you want and I'll still get a notice of them ~
I never thought the contradicting bright backgrounds would be complimenting the dark story lol x'D but I guess they level each other? thank you for telling me! Somehow, this reminds me about some vocaloid songs. Sometimes, they use cheerful tones, but the lyrics will turn into a tragedy in the end :S my friend said 'the cheerful tone helps to make it not too sad'. I guess it's the same with my BGs? xDD
Anyway, thanks for clearing that up!
TanysiaCelina wrote:1. Which bachelor you like the most? and why? Reksa is very attractive, that's why I chose him. He's very cold -like and screams at you if you do not agree with him. But he also has something sweets inside him. That makes him cute. I'm usually one who goes for the cute guys and someone who is charming and nice. But he's still my favorite in all the characters.
2. What makes you consider to play this game? I found it very nice look and how it is made. It is beautiful. What struck me the most is how much fantasy you guys used in the game. Respect for the creators and I really enjoyed it to play the game. It is very romantic and much drama!
3. Overall, what do you think about this visual novel? and what element stands out the most? (art? story? character?) The art itself is very nice and beautiful made, I cannot even make something like this and how much fantasy you used. I like the storyline it is very creative. I love all the characters, but my favorite is Reksa.
4. Do you have any question or constructive critiques? Not really
5. If I make another visual novel, will you consider purchasing it via Patreon or Kickstarter? Sure!
Hi Celina and thanks for sparing some time to review!
1. oh lol, I laughed when you said 'He's very cold -like and screams at you if you do not agree with him.' x'DD it's true tho. I got his image as an 'angry cornered animal' in the beginning so I guess you got my message clear and loud? xD
and thanks! Reksa is really the most favourite out here
2. Aww, thanks >< credits to my hyper-imaginative-brain to create a high fantasy stories. Since I was young, I always found fantasy stories to be fascinating. Even though my genre widened as I get older, fantasy and romance will always be #1, so you can expect more from me in the future!
3. Oh my, you feed my artist-ego too much >///< I'm touched and happy that my VN managed to entertain you and make you happy :')
But hey, don't undermine yourself! I believe that anyone can also make a good story/VN as long as you're willing to work hard! It's not easy -It took me 2 years and a half for the complete and ren'py version, but if you make them little by little, your own epic VN will surely be finished!
4&5. Thank you very much! I hope you come again in my next project in the future! OuO
Made an account to comment on this! I saw your other version of this game, and I'm so happy to see you put it in Ren'py! Here are my random comments as I played:
I love the depth you've given to the secondary, non-love-interest characters. Asih and Yuda are simply adorable! Little details like this really separate this from other visual novels I've played.
I'm following the walkthrough to get Reksa's ending (I'm a sucker for the grumpy guys with warm hearts) and I find myself wishing there was a skip button for when I want to replay this to get the endings for the others! I feel like I'll get impatient clicking through dialogue I've seen before. If there is a skip button, I can't see it? (Though I guess using ctrl on the keyboard works too.)
This game is so long! And the war is epic! I feel like there are really some major issues at stake, which makes the story really impactful.
Love the ending and the
mating ritual, which was adorable and also a little bit sexy.
Maybe I'll play through for the other two guys sometime in the next few days! From what I saw of Rama he doesn't seem like my type, but Mitra is a sweetheart. But it'll feel like I'm betraying Reksa! (I knew I should've played him last, but I have no self-control.)
Overall, this game was fantastic. The only thing I was left wanting were a few more sappy/romantic/kissy CGs at some of the big moments.
For example, Tamara crying over Reksa's body, or the moment when he woke up and she found out he was going to live.
But anyway, for a game of this length with this level of story and characterization, I could envision myself paying for it on Steam or something. But thank you so much for sharing this for free!
Hi andromache! I'm touched that you created an account to comment :'3 yeah, it's not easy to re-program it using ren'py, but I'll do everything for those interested to play! Better dunk everything while I'm at it, yeah? x'D No regrets, whatsoever!
The only skip button is by using ctrl >.< it should skip over things you've read an stop when you came to a new dialogue so I hope things are good? O.O I didn't put a command-button-list/description since I thought it's obvious but I guess not? >< I'll put some description in the future, thanks!
Your random comment made me smile
I hope the grumpy guy with warm heart fulfilled your expectations? xD we're similar you know, I also will choose the bad-looking-guy/cold-guy in every VN I came across lol so don't worry; we're in the same boat! I also understand that some ending can be quite tricky to get. I'm SO glad that you get the epic feeling of the war tho! QuQ I tried so hard on that part that I thought my brain will combust at some point. I'll also try to do my best next time ><
The story-length also surprised me since it's longer than I predicted, but then again, I'm never good at writing one-shots so... x'D I guess this is the overall-length of my future novels xD
I wish I can make more CG but then I again, I was still learning about how to make a good CG scenes (the quality-control is still a mess! argh!) I was impatient so there you go :') I promise to put more effort to the CGs for my future VNs tho, so see you then!
Now, 2 people recommend steam again x'D I wish I have the money for opening a store there lol. But I think I'll try IndieGogo and patreon first and then go to steam? I still don't understand that Greenlight thing tho?
Last but not least, thanks again for visiting! I'll look forward to your comment about Rama/Mitra stories