Where We Lay Our Scene [Commercial] [BxG/B]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

Where We Lay Our Scene [Commercial] [BxG/B]

#1 Post by Camille »

Where We Lay Our Scene (WWLOS) is a visual novel developed by Cyanide Tea for NaNoRenO 2016. Auro-Cyanide did the art and graphic design while Lorelei handled writing, programming, and sound coordination. The game features four character routes and has 13 different endings. The game is commercial and is distributed via itch.io for $4.99. The game should take at least 6-8 hours to finish, on average.

S T O R Y
Christian Marino has become a household name, what with his face and body always visible when you open a magazine or look out your subway train window. But now famous model Christian Marino finds himself at a crossroads. What will he do with his life once his well-known and much-cherished looks fade? Is there even anything more to him below the surface that everyone else sees? As he considers these issues of future and identity, he’s suddenly cast as the lead role in a film based on a bestselling novel. With fresh new challenges to face in an unfamiliar environment, this just might be the solution Christian was looking for—to more problems than one.

The main theme for this game is crossroads. Rather than having "good" and "bad" endings, each love interest has a friendship ending as well as romantic "A" and "B" endings. Neither romantic ending is meant to be better than the other.

C H A R A C T E R S

Image Image Image Image
Christian Marino (25): The protagonist and a famous model who's acting in a movie for the first time. Despite his star status, Christian's quite level-headed and down-to-earth. He possesses something of a dry wit and is very much aware of his good looks. He isn’t vain, but his confidence can come across that way and his peers sometimes complain that he ought to be more humble.

Oliver Wong (23): An up-and-coming novelist whose recent bestseller is being turned into the movie that Christian and Rainier have been picked to star in. He also wrote the screenplay, so he’s constantly on set. A suave type who is very articulate and used to people fawning over him, Oliver's tactics don’t work on Christian which is a source of confusion and frustration for him.

Rainier Laurent (28): A perfectionistic and hardworking actor. Up until now, he’s always been cast in supporting roles and told that he isn’t leading man material. Though generally a friendly guy, Rainier looks down upon Christian for being a model and relying on his looks/connections to get ahead and is unfortunately quite nasty to him. (his name is pronounced REN-yay)

Sacha Laurent (30): The CEO of a restaurant chain that grew from a single restaurant that she opened. She caters for the film staff and is also currently in Milan on business. Sacha is Rainier’s older sister but isn't at all in touch with pop/celebrity culture. Bright and driven, she gets excited when discussing the culinary arts or eating delicious food.

Viola Ferrara (26): A skilled stylist and make-up artist. Viola is Christian's personal stylist and closest friend. She was once also a famous model, but left the spotlight just before coming out as transgender. A kind person, she's nonetheless a little jaded because of her experiences and will not hesitate to kick someone’s butt if they’re being ridiculous.

For more information about the game and to download the demo or purchase the game, please see the official website.
The game costs $4.99, but if you'd like to leave us a tip, we'd really appreciate it! Comments, criticism, and cookies are all very welcome! There is also a survey you can fill out after finishing a route, which will provide us with important feedback that we'll use for our future projects. We hope you enjoy our game!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Where We Lay Our Scene [Commercial] [BxG/B]

#2 Post by Zelan »

Are they filming an adaptation of Romeo and Juliet? I love that play so much aaahh <3 I don't have the means to buy this game right now, but as soon as I do I'll be playing it for sure.

YonYonYon
Veteran
Projects: Nightflower(Frozen), Reach the Starlight(WIP)

#3 Post by YonYonYon »

Will there be a walkthrough? I keep getting the same "Just my fancy" ending whatever combinations of answers I try.

I'm trying to get Rainier's ending, because YOU WILL LOVE ME, you french asshole!
ImageImage

Hoosha
Regular

#4 Post by Hoosha »

hehe, a high quality VN for the modest price. I recognize the art style from that game about a street-rat girl who gets taken into a bar or something, to learn magic. The artist just loves drawing buff hairy guys huh...?

I kept getting the Passing Fancy or whatever ending at first so I had to keep saving and loading before I got an actual ending and it was Oliver's =[ but I wanted Rainier. I got him in the end though! Tsundere guys are my fave...

The setting was pretty unique, I've never played a visual novel about a model/actor/star/whatever before. Usually VN protagonists are ordinary or plain (probably so that the reader can identify with them more) so it was nice playing through the perspective of somebody so high up there. It was a nice insight into the business, but a little scary for somebody just approaching adulthood =[

Can't wait to play more from you peeps ^^

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#5 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Congratualations on getting the game out.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#6 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

@Zelan, Yup! Though this time Mercutio and Benvolio are the stars~

@YonYonYon, We'll probably do something! In the meantime
Rainier hates show offs and shallowness and he takes his work /very/ seriously. If you make choices (from all the choices, not just the ones directly with Rainier) that show that Christian is more down to earth and also takes acting seriously, you should be good!
I'm trying to get Rainier's ending, because YOU WILL LOVE ME, you french asshole!

I want to print this out and frame it near my desk as motivation.

@Hoosha, Hahaha, thank you! I did do the lineart for the characters for Blind Griffin and yes, I do like my buff guys XD Muscles are just so much fun to draw!
I'm glad you enjoyed playing through the game, especially that you liked Christian and Rainier. I can also tell you that it's still scary from inside adulthood lol Everyone is just muddling their way through it.

@Lesleigh, Thank you so much for your support! We finally got here :'D

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#7 Post by Zelan »

*distant screaming because Mercutio is my favorite character and I need to read that again*

It'll be a long while before I'm able to play but I will definitely post here again when I finally do :D Congratulations on finishing it, I know that you guys worked long and hard on this.

mireo

#8 Post by mireo »

I loved the characters, and the story. But I don't think it was worth 6,20 euros (taxes). I got into the game, got to know the characters, and then BAM, we are either BFFS or lovers. I played through one "route" in 20 minutes or so. And the rest of the routes I finished within 40 minis.

YonYonYon
Veteran
Projects: Nightflower(Frozen), Reach the Starlight(WIP)

#9 Post by YonYonYon »

Apparently I was going to get Reinier's route but ignored it because I thought it was Sacha's *shoots itself in the feet*
ImageImage

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by philip »

@Camille-

Downloaded the demo a few days ago, and got around to playing through it today . . . WOW! I love it! The art is wonderful, the characters appealing and well defined, and the storyline is interesting . . . and suddenly the demo was over . . . Awwwwww . . . Of course I clicked on the screen, and am downloading the complete game now (It's a reasonable price and I even put in a few extra dollars). Will be back with comments later.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"