A Little Lily Princess [commercial, GxG]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

A Little Lily Princess [commercial, GxG]

#1 Post by papillon »

(Note - this has absolutely nothing to do with Long Live The Queen! There's 'Princess' up there because it's in the original book's title.)

Plot Synopsis:

Sara Crewe is the only child of a wealthy British officer posted to India, where she has lived since she was a baby. Her mother is dead, but her home was warm and loving and well-off. She was always happy. However, it is traditional for young British children born in India to be shipped back to England for their health and their educations, as soon as they are old enough to make the voyage.

Alone at her new boarding school, Sara is a very long way away from her home and everything she was familiar with. She relies on her love of books and fairy tales to keep her spirits up and help her make friends with her new classmates.

But what happens to a fairytale princess if she loses everything?

Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/449250/
Hanako Games page: http://www.hanakogames.com/allp.shtml (DRM-free version and demos)

This is an adaptation of a classic novel, with additions to flesh out the characters and add the possibility of yuri romance. How yuri it is varies by route. Some relationships are openly romantic, others are more subtexty or familial.

There is a very light scheduling mechanic (it's not really stat-raising, you're building resources that you spend to unlock events, not raising Sara's stats) but the game is not difficult, so don't be afraid to try.

Also, it is utterly adorable! (Click on either of the website links and check out the screenshots.)
show-girls.jpg

DokiDokiDollmaker
Regular
Completed: Doki Doki Dollmaker
Tumblr: dokidokidollmaker
itch: karitsa

Re: A Little Lily Princess [commercial, GxG]

#2 Post by DokiDokiDollmaker »

This game looks great! Love the teaser video on Steam. The artwork is beautiful - I love the character designs. I hope to give it a try in the future!!

somestrangecircus
Regular
Completed: Palette Swap (NaNo 2016)
Projects: Yumi-chan's Wonderful Cake Shop
Organization: Some Strange Circus
Tumblr: somestrangecircus
Deviantart: somestrangecircus

#3 Post by somestrangecircus »

I did a review of this game here. Strong positive recommendation!

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#4 Post by papillon »

Doing a free giveaway of this game for Christmas - details on my forum here: http://hanakoforum.nfshost.com/communit ... f=1&t=2494

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#5 Post by Zelan »

I played through Becky's route last night. I cried twice because it was just so damn beautiful; the ups and downs of Sara and Becky's time together and servants, the way that they relied on each other, just amazing. And those two CG scenes - holy moly. (Those were the parts where I cried.)

I have yet to play the other routes, but if they're even half as good as this one was, I'll love them to pieces.

The only complaint that I really have was that the stat-raising in Act II seemed unnecessary, since I get set onto a particular route in the very beginning of that Act. All that it really did was add a couple extra weeks. The stat-raising isn't overly tedious, though, and I had no problem with Act I's stat-raising, so I can overlook this without much trouble.