XOXO Academy [GxB] [School] [Comedy] [Romance] [EXO]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
pyopyon
Veteran
Completed: https://chouette.itch.io/
Projects: Ocean Pearls, Catching the Fox [NaNo16], Singles
Organization: Jellyfish Parade
Tumblr: jelpiparade
Soundcloud: pyopyon
itch: chouette

XOXO Academy [GxB] [School] [Comedy] [Romance] [EXO]

#1 Post by pyopyon »

This is a preview image of the main menu!
BTW... the art style isn't like this.
(I'm only saying so bc there was some confusion when I released the demo.)

BASIC PLOT
Your parents have been pushing you for weeks, and you finally might be starting to give in-- they want you to go to boarding school and leave everything you know left behind.

Choose your own love story, and fall in love today at XOXO Academy.
ABOUT

XOXO Academy is an otome based off of the K-Pop group 'EXO' and their studio album 'XOXO (Kiss&Hug)', the concept of which was an all boy's school.

Sorry for the basic plot being... almost overly basic. Actually, there are twelve different storylines. Each route is totally different from the others! ^^)

Side note: The way I made the game, I tried to make it playable by people who are not into EXO, or even into K-Pop at all... hence why I'm using sprites instead of photo renders.

FEATURES:
  • Customizable MC!
  • 12 Love Interests (with one route being a secret route!)
  • Over 25 Endings!
  • 13 CGs!
  • Unlockable Pages!
  • CG Gallery!
  • Music Box Versions of popular EXO songs!
  • Lots of bad jokes... lots...
QUESTIONS:

I have actually made a (hopefully helpful) survey via Google Forms which you can take here [ x ] !

If you fill it out, you can give a holla on the thread. Any additional comments would also be appreciated!

For those who don't want to do the (brief, 12 question) survey:

1. Which love interest was your favorite?
2. Which route plot was your favorite?
3. Did you find the secret route?
4. What made you play this game? **I'm especially curious if you aren't an EXO or kpop fan in general...
5. Any critiques?

Thas' it! This is my first game, by the way, even though it's been a long time coming. I tried my hardest so I hope to get some feedback that I can apply in my personal projects, Catching the Fox and Ocean Pearls.

DOWNLOAD HERE:
Last edited by pyopyon on Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image ImageImage

WiP: Image

✿ Writer for Trade/Commission ✿

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: XOXO Academy [GxB] [School Romance] [EXO]

#2 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS

I screamed a little when I saw that this was completed already like WOW, I'll be showing this to my friends and sisters and pretty much force them to play despite their (and my) attachment already moving onto other groups.

I remember enjoying the demo a lot so I'd definitely be getting to finish this very soon.

Congrats for finishing the game, it looks great! ^^

kitkatkai

#3 Post by kitkatkai »

!!!! ITS FINALLY DONE IM SO HAPPY!
I'm so pleased, the art and the music are so well done :) I've finished a handful of routes so far (maybe like 5), and i noticed the hidden route while I was going for somebody else. I was hella excited
because even though I love Chanyeol, Kai is my love<3 I can't believe I actually found his route so easily
I was prepared to cry and wait for the walkthrough thats coming out on Sunday but I'm super happy that I actually solved it myself :)

Props to the developers! This game is so well made, you guys rock!

pyopyon
Veteran

#4 Post by pyopyon »

YAY REPLIES bc i've been nervously haunting my own thread and not hearing much feedback SO AT LAST!! I MAY COMMUNICATE WITH OTHERS WHO ENJOYED THE GAME--
nero279 wrote:I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS

I screamed a little when I saw that this was completed already like WOW, I'll be showing this to my friends and sisters and pretty much force them to play despite their (and my) attachment already moving onto other groups.

I remember enjoying the demo a lot so I'd definitely be getting to finish this very soon.

Congrats for finishing the game, it looks great! ^^
"Completed already" XDDD it feels like a long wait for me! I started it on the 23rd of August 2013, right after Wolf was released (throwbaxxxxxxx). Actually, EXO is nowhere near my bias group but at that time I loved them to kibbles and bits. (My bias group is actually VIXX. Haha.) Anyway, thank you for playing the demo and for complementing the game! I worked hard so I hope you like playing it as much as I loved creating it! ^^
kitkatkai wrote:!!!! ITS FINALLY DONE IM SO HAPPY!
I'm so pleased, the art and the music are so well done :) I've finished a handful of routes so far (maybe like 5), and i noticed the hidden route while I was going for somebody else. I was hella excited
because even though I love Chanyeol, Kai is my love<3 I can't believe I actually found his route so easily
I was prepared to cry and wait for the walkthrough thats coming out on Sunday but I'm super happy that I actually solved it myself :)

Props to the developers! This game is so well made, you guys rock!
Ah, thank you very much! Which five, I wonder... I always wonder who people would choose in what order. I'm just so curious about everything, hahaha. The hidden route is fun like that. It's hidden in plain sight which is why so many people don't get it. XD

I figured that by Sunday enough people would get it that it would become less urgent/ people would get around to playing around with everyone. uwu7 (Or, ofc, all throughout the hypothetical tumblr tag people would just say how to get it. XD) I'm happy that you solved it too! And I hope that you liked the hidden route's romance storyline.

Thank you very much! I programmed and wrote and a team of four artists drew the CGs and sprites. I'm really grateful to them, more than you could ever know. ; w ; Thank you for enjoying it so much!!
Image ImageImage

Teasisters
Regular

#5 Post by Teasisters »

SEHUN SEHUN SEHUN-

Thank for making this game :^)
I'll be back when I am done with this game.

timestoodstillxx
Tumblr: truth-in-cliches

#6 Post by timestoodstillxx »

"There was an error with your request" nononono, I really wanna play this now T_T

pyopyon
Veteran

#7 Post by pyopyon »

Teasisters wrote:SEHUN SEHUN SEHUN-

Thank for making this game :^)
I'll be back when I am done with this game.
Hahaha! You're welcome! I look forward to hearing your thoughts!
timestoodstillxx wrote:"There was an error with your request" nononono, I really wanna play this now T_T
Sorry, I know itch.io can go down on occasion but I'm glad you were able to download it now. Enjoy the game! ^^
Image ImageImage

keelan

#8 Post by keelan »

Holla! I finished the game (and filled out the survey), but I couldn't resist the extra questions, so...here I am.

Firstly, congratulations for finishing your first game! I've been low-key stalking the WiP thread for ages, so I got really excited to see this released. Great work~

Now onto the questions!

*gasp* I have to choose? D:

I don't have a fave. I tend to dissociate myself from protags so the question's more like 'who's my favourite LI for the MC?' but Kris is my aesthetic and Sehun's character is A+. I'd say it's a toss-up between the two of them.

But if I could be specific:

Sehun/MC - OTP, best relationship (+ Luhan = super trio)
Kris/MC - uber chill, comfortable, and cozy, with Kris giving the MC philosophical advice all the time (i ship him more with michelle?)
+ Kai/MC, Chanyeol/MC - BrOTPs for life/Platonic Life Partners

CHEN. Omg, he had a good story; you did really well with that. The scenes, tropes, and progression were sooo nice, and the development between him and the MC made me smile all throughout his route (the boys over flowers reference was also a bonus :p).

Runner ups include Xiumin (shoutout to bap and vixx!), Luhan, and Tao. Those were super cute <3

I think sooo.
I got it the first time around because I didn't know how long the common route was going to be (didn't want to seem too interested on one guy xd). But I like Kai and his appearances in the other routes. He felt like an Easter egg in plain sight ^_^
4. What made you play this game?

As stated above, I've been low-key stalking this for a while. I'm not a hardcore Kpop fan (I just listen to it every so often), but I know enough of the 'popular' bands to recognize EXO. And I thought 'huh, a fangame for a kpop band! that's cool! i've never seen that before!' so I wanted to try it out.

Tbh, out of all the songs used, I can only recognize GROWL and Wolf (i'm more familiar with their singles xd). I know a lot more songs from VIXX though, which is why I was pleasantly surprised with their cameo (and bap warriors! i laughed when i saw that).

5. Any critiques?

Hm, there are some typos here and there, but nothing major to detract from the story.

There were also bugs, but I'm afraid I didn't note them down (sorry!). Here are two I remember from Kris's route:
"You've been at the Academy for months now, but... {w{why does it feel like Kris has changed towards you ever since you've joined the art club?"
^speech tag wasn't closed properly

...and this one, from a traceback:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/confess.rpy", line 2603, in script
jump gohome_ending
ScriptError: could not find label 'gohome_ending'.
I'll note the rest down when I replay the game, so I guess this'll do for now?

OTHER STUFF I LIKED:
-The art *thumbs up to the CGs* (my favourite one is chanyeol's <3)
-MC customization (woah, so many choices! good work!)
-Characters popping up in routes that weren't their own. Kai was cool, Chanyeol was a bro, and Sehun the Wingman was top-notch ;)
-THE ATLANTIS REFERENCE GOT ME SO EXCITED oh boy I was grinning ear-to-ear when I read it
-With so many characters and stories, each route was surprisingly different and refreshing. Which is a-w-e-s-o-m-e. Thank you!

All in all, you did great for your first game! I'm super proud that you finished it, so keep up all the hard work! I'll be sure to play any other future games you make~

EDIT: I ALMOST FORGOT, BUT I WANTED TO ADD A SCREENSHOT OF ONE OF MY FAVOURITE LINES IN THE GAME. There he gooo.

(his other line with trying on someone else's glasses is also a favourite of mine :p)
Attachments
such wise words.png

pyopyon
Veteran

#9 Post by pyopyon »

keelan wrote:Holla! I finished the game (and filled out the survey), but I couldn't resist the extra questions, so...here I am.

Firstly, congratulations for finishing your first game! I've been low-key stalking the WiP thread for ages, so I got really excited to see this released. Great work~
OH!! Thanks for filling out the survey!! No one remembers too often, so I'm grateful for those who have! So thank you so much! (^': Ah, and thanks for tracking our progress. It was super slow towards the end there so I'm happy I can finally release it. Thanks a lot!
keelan wrote:1. Which love interest was your favorite?

*gasp* I have to choose? D:

I don't have a fave. I tend to dissociate myself from protags so the question's more like 'who's my favourite LI for the MC?' but Kris is my aesthetic and Sehun's character is A+. I'd say it's a toss-up between the two of them.

But if I could be specific:

Sehun/MC - OTP, best relationship (+ Luhan = super trio)
Kris/MC - uber chill, comfortable, and cozy, with Kris giving the MC philosophical advice all the time (i ship him more with michelle?)
+ Kai/MC, Chanyeol/MC - BrOTPs for life/Platonic Life Partners
Well, between you and me, on the survey, one or two surveyors have clicked every box for favorite route... including ones they haven't played yet?? LOL. So it's okay to not really have a favorite LI. :P That said!! Sehun/MC as your OTP is cute! And funny, because Sehun's route was really hard for me .__. I've never seen Sehun's appeal, so writing him appealingly was... difficult. But since you like him, I must've done something right! ^^ Haha.

Kris was the first route I wrote, so snaps to you! Kris and Michelle... Well... I'll tell you a secret.
I made a point not to say that Michelle was dead or anything. She's totally alive, still. In the XOXO Academy sequel which may or may not happen, but probably won't include former members to respect their privacy as non-EXO members, Michelle was supposed to come back and cause Trouble. (^: Michelle is a nice girl, though, so I don't blame you. She actually likes Kris's art (unironically!!!!) though, so you can blame her for his confidence in his art skill. :P
Kai/MC as a BrOTP is totally reasonable. Technically Chanyeol/MC BrOTP is canon in any route that's not his, so there's that. ;^) All in all, good choices!
keelan wrote:2. Which route plot was your favorite?

CHEN. Omg, he had a good story; you did really well with that. The scenes, tropes, and progression were sooo nice, and the development between him and the MC made me smile all throughout his route (the boys over flowers reference was also a bonus :p).

Runner ups include Xiumin (shoutout to bap and vixx!), Luhan, and Tao. Those were super cute <3
LOLLL CHEN. Chen is the most popular route by far. According to the survey, he's tied with Kyungsoo. Also, I'm glad about your comment on the progression. Progression is totally something I struggle with when writing VNs so I'm glad I succeeded here! Luhan is okay in popularity but I want Tao and Xiumin to be more popular! Xiumin/Tao have some of the cutest routes in my humble opinion, but there isn't much chatter about them... I'm glad you like them-- and also as a side note, when I wrote that BAP and EXO still had that cute little rivalry of sorts. (^': As for VIXX.... I just love VIXX. LOL I'm a Starlight, ayyeee. Had to shout out my cuties... ; w ; I'm tempted to write a VN based off of the Hana Kaze concept, but.......... I don't want to ruin my life again. LOL.
keelan wrote:3. Did you find the secret route?

I think sooo.
I got it the first time around because I didn't know how long the common route was going to be (didn't want to seem too interested on one guy xd). But I like Kai and his appearances in the other routes. He felt like an Easter egg in plain sight ^_^
Ah, nice!!! TBH finding it accidentally is the best way to do it imo. Also, that's how it should be! The Easter Egg in plain sight thing, I mean. I really liked making Kai's character fun-- tbh, I chose a lot of EXO member traits and exaggerated them, and Kai's sleepiness is one of them. He really is a sleepy person in real life, and he's said that he's the first to go to bed. Haha. I liked this aspect of him and decided to overdo it a bit, but I think it's cute. Anyway.
keelan wrote:4. What made you play this game?

As stated above, I've been low-key stalking this for a while. I'm not a hardcore Kpop fan (I just listen to it every so often), but I know enough of the 'popular' bands to recognize EXO. And I thought 'huh, a fangame for a kpop band! that's cool! i've never seen that before!' so I wanted to try it out.

Tbh, out of all the songs used, I can only recognize GROWL and Wolf (i'm more familiar with their singles xd). I know a lot more songs from VIXX though, which is why I was pleasantly surprised with their cameo (and bap warriors! i laughed when i saw that).
Ah, how cool! Actually, I think making dating sims for Kpop groups is pretty popular-- but most of them are parodies or gag-games. I think mine might?? be the only serious one. (Not in tone, but in a... hopefully you know what I mean.) A-anyway, I love VIXX so ofc they made a cameo! ^^ I would die to make a VIXX game next (like I said, Hana Kaze) but after the art fiasco, I'm much more... hm... scared. LOL. Well, most of the songs are from the XOXO album. ^^ There's two that aren't-- Lucky, which is from the repackage, and Miracles in December which came out at a time when I really didn't want to use Baby Don't Cry as the bad ending music. LOL. I'm glad you laughed at the cameo though! This game is a romantic comedy first and foremost after all.
keelan wrote:5. Any critiques?

Hm, there are some typos here and there, but nothing major to detract from the story.

There were also bugs, but I'm afraid I didn't note them down (sorry!). Here are two I remember from Kris's route:
"You've been at the Academy for months now, but... {w{why does it feel like Kris has changed towards you ever since you've joined the art club?"
^speech tag wasn't closed properly

...and this one, from a traceback:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/confess.rpy", line 2603, in script
jump gohome_ending
ScriptError: could not find label 'gohome_ending'.
I'll note the rest down when I replay the game, so I guess this'll do for now?
Sorry, I'm really bad at catching typos. Every time I think I've got all of them........ I fixed the tag and got the bugs (I think!) The traceback had to do with me renaming a bad ending label. I fixed it though, so it should be good now! Thanks!! ^^
keelan wrote:OTHER STUFF I LIKED:
-The art *thumbs up to the CGs* (my favourite one is chanyeol's <3)
-MC customization (woah, so many choices! good work!)
-Characters popping up in routes that weren't their own. Kai was cool, Chanyeol was a bro, and Sehun the Wingman was top-notch ;)
-THE ATLANTIS REFERENCE GOT ME SO EXCITED oh boy I was grinning ear-to-ear when I read it
-With so many characters and stories, each route was surprisingly different and refreshing. Which is a-w-e-s-o-m-e. Thank you!
- Fun fact: Chanyeol's was the first one completed! ^^ (As far as routes are concerned anyway. Kai's first CG in the common route was technically the first.)
- Thank you!! Fungii provided the art for it! I made a super detailed list and it was followed to the letter. I'm forever grateful-- especially in view of the fact that a lot of people really like the customization variety!
- Oh, that was fun and hard sometimes. LOLLL @ SEHUN THE WINGMAN. I NEVER THOUGHT OF IT THAT WAY BUT LOLLL u right doe
- I'm SOOO glad. I put lots of silly things in but that one makes me really happy too for some reason. Probably because Luhan's route gave me some trouble in that area so I feel like it's one of the most re-written sections of this game. Phew. But thanks a lot for laughing!!
- OMGGG THANK YOU!! I REALLY TRIED REALLY HARD. I wanted to make the routes as different as possible so I'm glad you noticed that!! YAY FOR ACKNOWLEDGING THAT I TRIED. I really worked hard. Man, I'm really happy. LOL.
keelan wrote:All in all, you did great for your first game! I'm super proud that you finished it, so keep up all the hard work! I'll be sure to play any other future games you make~
Thank you on literally every count!!
keelan wrote:EDIT: I ALMOST FORGOT, BUT I WANTED TO ADD A SCREENSHOT OF ONE OF MY FAVOURITE LINES IN THE GAME. There he gooo.

(his other line with trying on someone else's glasses is also a favourite of mine :p)
JKDJKDJFKDSJF WELL Fun fact: he was supposed to pop up with more nonsensical quotes, but I didn't have time. The idea that Kris is just a really ridiculous person while also saying deeply profound things is funny to me.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS REVIEW IT MADE MY DAY BECAUSE I DIDN'T EXPECT IT

THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ; U :
Image ImageImage

pyopyon
Veteran

Re: XOXO Academy [GxB] [School] [Comedy] [Romance] [EXO]

#10 Post by pyopyon »

[Redacted]
Image ImageImage

Uni

#11 Post by Uni »

I'll start apologizing in case I might do or write something wrong, english is not my first language and this is the first time ever I'm interacting through a forum. Actually, I just created this account to reply to this topic. Also... I have a tendency to talk too much when I like something...
I felt encouraged to write this because I think I had a different experience with the game than most. I never payed K-Pop much attention, I simply didn't know anything about EXO, that is, until I played most of the routes, got curious and watched their videos. That was it: I'm addicted now. Like, really addicted. It's been a week that I'm listening to all of (and only) their songs, watching all interviews, most hours of my days are being spent with the group. It's crazy. So, thanks for presenting them to me. I'm so late that Kris, Luhan and Tao already left EXO :( but still... It's been nice and fun.

I answered the survey already, but I wish to add some things here... Hopefully I won't be boring.

Talking about the real ones... I'm in love with Lay, Kris and Chen. I really like Sehun too, but then again... All the 12 guys are amazing and talented. Playing the game, still not knowing the guys, I was really interested on Sehun (my first route), D.O. and Kai.

Sehun, Lay, Tao, D.O. and Chanyeol's. Clearly I enjoyed the game a lot since I'm having trouble picking just one or even two in both questions.
You said above you're curious about everything, including the order of the routes we go for so I'll state that from first to last.
Sehun, Luhan, Suho, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Lay, Xiumin, D.O., Kai, Chen, Kris, Tao.
I was mostly choosing the places that interested me the most which was the ideia for the MC anyway, not having any context about the guys and mostly not knowing who was in each place with few exceptions,
like Luhan (for seeing him on Sehun's route and thinking he was sort of cute) or Baekhyun (flirty and fun on Chanyeol's route).
Yeah, right after Chen acted like a jerk. Hahahahaha I figured that the secret route would be accessed if you rejected the other guys. However, they were all so nice I didn't want to reject them. I thought I would try the secret route last. Then Chen came up... "Screw him!" I thought hahaha I went for Kai and after finishing his route went back to play Chen's. I wanted to go through all of them, so I did.
4. What made you play this game?
Well, there you go. You stated that you were especially curious if the case was not being a fan, and that made me want to share my experience even more. I sort of already said the game made me find a new crazy passion and that I didn't know anything about the group or K-Pop for that matter. I think the reason I actually gave it a shot was because I hadn't played a visual novel with the school thematic for quite a while and missed it. Also, it attracts me when there are a lot of possible routes/love interests, it's a lot easier to find one that you really enjoy and feel excited about. Most of all I like to experience new and different things and I'm definitely happy with my decision to play the game.

5. Any critiques?
They're not really critiques, but... The routes are too short. I say that's not a real critique 'cause I get it. If you made longer routes, it'd be even more work. Coming up with a story of 2-3 hours or more per route and execute it? Having 12 of them? Yeah... That would take serious time and dedication especially for a first game. And of course, the game was still good, short but sweet. I usually like longer, deeper stories, but this was awesome the way it was. The whole warm, sweet, light feeling worked! I actually found myself going "Awww!" in every route as far as I remember. Usually, I don't feel like that at all, it's harder for me. I guess is only natural to want something we like to last longer, that's all.
The other thing would be after I got to know EXO and its members a bit.
To me, Chen didn't feel like Chen from what I've seen of him. I fell in love exactly because he feels the opposite; Gentle, kind, cute, fun, playful... I had a hard time imagining him saying or doing some of the things he does on the game for whatever reason... However, I don't know them for that long, so I might be completely wrong or ignorant of this side of his. I just had the feeling that wasn't a Chen, totally Chen route, I expected something a little different. Still, I wasn't disappointed or anything.
After answering, I'd like to ask something just to be sure: There's only one CG per character (With exception of Kai) or was I just unable to unlock them?

Anywaaay, after saying so much, thank you again for making this game! The survey asks if we'd play a sequel, extension or additional route and I would absolutely LOVE that!
I'll surely be checking your other projects, you've got yourself a follower.

Fun fact is that if I don't already seem like a crazy fangirl, I went so far as to see a plush unicorn today and thinking of Lay immediatly. Of course I bought it and named it Lay. Closest to Lay as I'll get for now. :D Hahahaha

Blackseraph

#12 Post by Blackseraph »

I seriously think thar kris's route is a joke hehehehehe :lol: those drawings.... oh my god!
well, you can't expect more from the king of self confidence hahahaha :lol:

my favourite route was xiumin's and lay's, it would be kind of obvious for me because they are my bias hahahaha
i really liked this game.... i never thought there would be one of my favourite group <3<3 :D
and yeah... i created an account just to comment this :roll:

pyopyon
Veteran

#13 Post by pyopyon »

@Uni -- Sorry, this response is extremely old but I want you to know that I really appreciate hearing about your experience! There are stranger ways to get into EXO, so I have to say that I'm pretty glad that this silly little game is one of them. Your English is totally fine, by the way!

I knoooow, it's pretty sad, right? Haha... I also miss Kris, Tao and Luhan. When Kris left, there was an explosion in the K-Pop world, let me tell you. But at least he lives on in XOXO Academy! Haha.

Ahh, another Sehun lover! Sehun was really popular in this game, a fact to which I am totally surprised about. His route was the hardest for me to route because Sehun was once my least favorite member of EXO. He's not anymore, but as I wrote it, I kept thinking, "This doesn't sound biased against him, does it?" So I feel relieved every time someone likes him. D.O and Kai also have some of my favorite routes, too! ^^ Haaa, wow! ^^ So much enjoyment. Having hte guys cross paths was an early concept, mainly because I couldn't afford to have side characters made-- so I figured with a cast of 12, they could all be their own side characters XD Originally, you were going to be able to change routes in the middle of the game, but that was way too hard since I am (and was) a beginner coder back then. (^:
LOLLL, I figured most people would! That's why I gave a second chance to help him in Chen's route. Chen's route was the most fun to write and I think it's my favorite of the twelve.
Wow! So totally by chance, pretty much? I'm glad you took a chance with XOXO Academy! >w< I'm grinning just imagining it and I'm really glad it became a passion because I honestly love K-Pop. I would make more K-Pop games if not for the fact that my experience making this one didn't have so many difficulties. I am super grateful for the art team who all collabed with me. It seriously would've never gotten done without them... I feel that way about any other potential games too, even though I want dearly to make a VIXX game. Maybe, maybe not.

Ah, yeah. A lot of people said that. I think with the routes and my first game, this was the best I could do. XOXO Academy is really easy too, so it could be a lot better, I'm sure. Maybe one day I'll revamp it.... that'd be a long day away, hahaha. I'm glad that it made you go awww though, because that was really what I wanted. A cute game!

Ah! So, Chen.
Both Chen and Tao have similar problems-- at the time I started their routes, their personalities were not well known, so in fact, I based it off of their "rumored" selves? If that makes any sense. At the time, there was a "sassy Chen" meme going on because of things like this [x] [x] so I used this side of personality.

...Unfortunately, it must not have been a long lived meme because it seems to have faded out of the collective EXO fandom mentality XDDDD By the time the game was complete out, a lot more info was revealed about him but... it was too late. I really loved his route and I'd already re-written it twice because I didn't like the first version so... I just left it as is.

With Tao, something similar had happened. People thought he was shy (watch early EXO-M stuff, like... their first two Happy Camp episodes.) By the time his actually bold/bratty/more audacious personality was revealed, I'd already written Tao's route... so.... maybe I could've switched them?? But then I would've had to get their facial expressions redrawn. >__>;; I hope that explains a lot!
Nah, it's just one per character and two for Kai. That's it! It'd be nice if there were more but... alas. Thanks soooo much! I hope you get to check out my future projects as well. LOOLLLL HOW CUTE! Thanks for responding!!

@Blackseraph -- It was, trust me. Kris's route was really fun to write because I kept imagining people laughing at him. I really miss him, as far as EXO is concerned. His jokes were so funny. )^: For a long time, the entire EXO fandom was 78% Kris jokes so I can't help but think that way.

Ah, finally! Someone who loved Xiumin's route! I think his route is seriously underrated because I never hear much buzz, but his personality is so sweet! >w< I enjoyed writing it. (Suho's, too.) I'm glad you liked your biases routes! There a few other EXO games out there but they're all parodies. If you want to laugh, then you should definitely try them out! Thank you so much for commenting! I appreciate it immensely!

I honestly never thought another person would post on this thread...
Image ImageImage

Alcor
Veteran
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNo '16), misSHAPEn love! (NaNo '16)
Projects: a(t)rium
itch: cosmic-albacore

#14 Post by Alcor »

I played this a while back, and I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected (given that I didn't know much about EXO). I'm moderately familiar with KPOP (SHINee!) and, at the time I played this, knew a few EXO songs. This game definitely made it a lot easier for me to learn the EXO members' names and get into their songs; I've been listening to EXO songs on repeat for the past week or so. Thanks for making this game!

(I filled out the form, but I'd like to say this here anyway: my favorite love interest was definitely Chen, followed by D.O.! I guess in-game Chen was just my kind of guy, haha. Though my real bias is Lay :'D )