Errant Heart

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Voight-Kampff
Veteran

Errant Heart

#1 Post by Voight-Kampff »

Completed.

https://pseudome.itch.io/errant-heart

EDIT: Published a promotional trailer for those who prefer to have their interest piqued via video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Yh6KAEZMY
Last edited by Voight-Kampff on Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hourglass776
Completed: NONE
Projects: Unable to Give Information about
Organization: Our Thought Bubble
IRC Nick: Kris
Soundcloud: N/A

Re: Errant Heart

#2 Post by Hourglass776 »

Looks good, maybe too good. I'll give this a review once I finish writing my first one. I'd like this to be my second game to review ^^

Graff
Regular

#3 Post by Graff »

It was a long time coming, but it's here. So far, I'm very surprised that it's free given the game's presentation.

Voight-Kampff
Veteran

#4 Post by Voight-Kampff »

Graff wrote:It was a long time coming, but it's here. So far, I'm very surprised that it's free given the game's presentation.
Well, strictly speaking it's not free, but rather, "pay what you think its worth". Given that we have an unproven history in regards to visual novels, and we have a habbit of indulging in creative works that interest us, but isn't of much interest to a larger audience, we felt this was a better way to go, initially.

We hope more people will take a chance if they have an opportunity play it for free—rather than lock it behind a "pay wall". And if they like it and want to experience more, then they can voice their support monetarily, later. Heck, they can voice their support now by simply spreading the word of the game's release.

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#5 Post by Donmai »

Congratulations!

P.S.: Really trying to understand why there's a samba playing on the main menu screen.
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

Voight-Kampff
Veteran

#6 Post by Voight-Kampff »

Donmai wrote:P.S.: Really trying to understand why there's a samba playing on the main menu screen.
The main menu is actually tied to the advancement that a player makes in the game.

It's supposed to start off bright and happy (hence the samba). As the player gets further into the story, the menu graphics change, get darker, as does the mood of the music. Although, right now, only "super happy" and "super dark" versions have music playing during the main menu. Any time inbetween, it's silent, as we don't want to drive players crazy by always repeating the same two tracks over and over.

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#7 Post by Hijiri »

Holy hell, I remember when I first started coming here that this was being developed (Roughly aroun '11?). Good to see that it's finally finished!
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#8 Post by Donmai »

Donmai wrote:It's supposed to start off bright and happy (hence the samba).
Thanks for clarifying. Your explanation makes sense, but that was surely and unexpected listening experience for my Brazilian ears. :)
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

Voight-Kampff
Veteran

#9 Post by Voight-Kampff »

Hijiri wrote:Holy hell, I remember when I first started coming here that this was being developed (Roughly aroun '11?). Good to see that it's finally finished!
Yeah, that's what happens when one only has spare time to devote to a project. Well that, and a minor disaster befalls production. Thankfully, Sake-bento came to the rescue with her mad voice-acting/directing skills. :lol:

@berration
Regular
Projects: EH...

#10 Post by @berration »

Voight-Kampff wrote:
Hijiri wrote:Holy hell, I remember when I first started coming here that this was being developed (Roughly aroun '11?). Good to see that it's finally finished!
Yeah, that's what happens when one only has spare time to devote to a project.
Well, it also didn't help that we decided that we wanted to go crazy with the sprites, giving all the major characters three main poses with alternate arm positions and the like.

Our poor sprite artist likely wasn't up to the task of all those drawings and revisions. Hell, he still gets those involuntary eye-twitches and nervous ticks whenever somebody mentions the Salima sprite. Hard to blame him, though... I mean, just look at the line art for it:

http://www.errantheart.net/PHPBB3/downl ... &mode=view

;)

Joking aside, it's nice to finally have a complete, presentable project done after all this time (I signed up on LSF back in 2007, when I first proposed that we should try making one).

At this point, we just want to get as many people as possible to try it out, thus the reason it's "name your own price" on Itch.io.