The Lady's Choice- [Regency Romance- GxB]-Amesbury released!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

The Lady's Choice- [Regency Romance- GxB]-Amesbury released!

#1 Post by Harliqueen »

Scandal. Gossip. Mismatches.
What will fuel this Season's gossip? And will you be able to keep yourself from being burned by it?

As the daughter of a Viscount, and heiress to a small fortune, you are invited back into society even after years of seclusion at your family's estate.
The upcoming Season is to be spent in Bath, your childhood friend having finally convinced you into it, and only the cream of society will be there. But the fickle and difficult dance that is weaving through society can be a tricky thing to remember, especially when they thrive on any small misstep you may make.

But which partner is selected to help guide you through the maze of the upper classes is always left down to The Lady's Choice.
--

Amesbury is here! :D Download the latest version of the game (2.0) to play.
Download:

The Lady's Choice is a light visual novel set in Regency times and is route based (something I have been wanting to try for a while!).

I'm doing this because I wanted to try out something really romance focused and a bit fun. Kind of hoping to give the feel of a regency romance novel, but an interactive one!

Though it is a historical visual novel, it's not going to be completely accurate (for example, they didn't really have a Season in Bath). I have taken liberties because, well, I wanted to have fun with this rather than freak about every nuance of historical accuracy :D
(Both first and surname will be changable).

The player character.
Daughter of a Viscount and heiress to a tidy fortune, it's not odd that you've been accepted back into society so easily after such a long period of time away.
But coming back into the world of the upper classes can be a bit of a shock, and how you deal with that is up to you.

Love Interests

A Viscount of Gambled Title

Lord Isaac Stanton fills the role of eligible bachelor perfectly: tall, regal, handsome, and with a title to make anyone clamber for a marriage proposal.
So why then do society shy away from him? Maybe those rumours of his fortune being spent at the card tables hold some weight after all.

A Man above his Station

Military officers are always welcomed, at least the ones born into the right families are. Captain Guy Blake had no such fortune of birth, instead having his
friend elevate him to such a position that he now mingles with the top of society- a fact neither he nor society seem to enjoy.
Other

Now a Baroness and a widower, you knew Arabella when she was only little, both running around your family's estate to your nanny's chagrin. With an enthusiasm for society and its mainy foibles, she's promised to help you re-enter the world of the upper classes.
What is there not to like about Colonel Foxley? He's pleasant in both manner and appearance, and it's not long before Arabella has an eye on him.
As Guy Blake's close friend, he's the one who got him promoted to the rank of Captain.
King George may rule England, but Lady Thomasina rules Bath. No one does anything without her say so, and society comes through her first.
Having recently lost her husband, she is on the look out for a suitable wife for her son, who has taken on his father's title as Duke.
Lady Thomasina's son (aka. Duke Creep von Creepster).
Both routes have 4 endings (though only Love Ending 2 and True Love have CGs)-

Bad Ending (as requested!)
Love Ending 1
Love Ending 2
True Love

Love Ending 1 & 2 will be a slight variation on the same ending, so not much difference but it's just better for how I want the story to go. Which one you get will be determined by how you made an impression on society.
--
Oh, man, it's finally out! :D I know it's super late for a NaNo game, but I got there in the end!

I seriously hope you guys enjoy it!
Last edited by Harliqueen on Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: The Lady's Choice- NaNo16 [Regency Romance- GxB]

#2 Post by Ran08 »

I was just reading the WiP thread this morning! Hahaha, I was kinda surprised when I saw that it's already released. :) Haha, and don't worry, it's better late than never!

Downloading now and will definitely add this to my list of to-play VNs! (The list is getting pretty long, but hey, what are 2-month-school-breaks for? Hahaha.)

Shiva_Production
Regular

#3 Post by Shiva_Production »

Yeah!

Looks amazing Can't wait to play it ^^

Downloading now XD

Rainbow Colors
Regular
Projects: Come Here Often?

#4 Post by Rainbow Colors »

Congratulations on finishing this :D

I've only played through it once, but so far I've found it enjoyable
Can't they spare Isaac some clothes though? I find it ridiculous that the morning after he'd be running in his tattered clothes.
Anyway, I guess I'm off to the Captain's route >u>
edit:
yes Lord Waltington truly is Duke Creep von Creepster D: D:

~targetting every otome game at the speed of sound
(because if I did it at the speed of light, I'd be time travelling)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#5 Post by Zelan »

Woohoo! :D Downloading now! (Hopefully I'll find some time to play it within the next year. cx)

Lyhra
Regular
Tumblr: nami-stuff

#6 Post by Lyhra »

Yes, yes, finally!! I'm so happy to see this game completed. Congrats!
Downloading now <3

riverbluesbear
Regular
Projects: RTANMUSSB!

#7 Post by riverbluesbear »

DAMMMMN, STANTON LOOK AT THOSE CHEEKBONES
*swoons*

Kirlett
Regular

#8 Post by Kirlett »

WHAT. I'm downloading this right now! Looks awesome! I love period games (I'm sorry, I don't know the term in English for juegos de época). A Jane Austen vibe! Aww!

It's a little akward but Isaac looks like my father hahaha

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#9 Post by Harliqueen »

Ran08 wrote:I was just reading the WiP thread this morning! Hahaha, I was kinda surprised when I saw that it's already released. :) Haha, and don't worry, it's better late than never!

Downloading now and will definitely add this to my list of to-play VNs! (The list is getting pretty long, but hey, what are 2-month-school-breaks for? Hahaha.)
Yeah, it took a bit longer to release than for NaNo, but I got there in the end! :D

Hope you enjoy it if you get to play it (I know what you men about the to-play list!).
Shiva_Production wrote:Yeah!

Looks amazing Can't wait to play it ^^

Downloading now XD
Hope you enjoy it! :D
Rainbow Colors wrote:Congratulations on finishing this :D

I've only played through it once, but so far I've found it enjoyable
Can't they spare Isaac some clothes though? I find it ridiculous that the morning after he'd be running in his tattered clothes.
Anyway, I guess I'm off to the Captain's route >u>
edit:
yes Lord Waltington truly is Duke Creep von Creepster D: D:
I'm glad you liked it :)
Stanton:
I was figuring he was so worried about her, that he just ran out of the house before even thinking of his clothing. Plus, I then didn't have to draw an extra clothing sprite, haha!
I hope you enjoyed the Captain's route too! His was rather more dramatic to write, and I do love me some melodrama :D
But yeah:
Walter was seriously creepy, and he made me uncomfortable to write, so I'm glad that impression came across!
Zelan wrote:Woohoo! :D Downloading now! (Hopefully I'll find some time to play it within the next year. cx)
I hope you manage to find some time, and that you enjoy the game if you do! :D
Lyhra wrote:Yes, yes, finally!! I'm so happy to see this game completed. Congrats!
Downloading now <3
Thank you so much! I really hope it lives up to the anticipation :)
riverbluesbear wrote:DAMMMMN, STANTON LOOK AT THOSE CHEEKBONES
*swoons*
I do love a guy with cheekbones, as you can probably tell from the guys I draw ;)
Kirlett wrote:WHAT. I'm downloading this right now! Looks awesome! I love period games (I'm sorry, I don't know the term in English for juegos de época). A Jane Austen vibe! Aww!

It's a little akward but Isaac looks like my father hahaha
Period games sounds right to me, that's definitely what it is :)

Ohh, I can imagine that can get a little awkward with Stanton! Hopefully his personality will be hugely different, so as you can enjoy it :D

--

Thank you to everyone who has downloaded and supported The Lady's Choice so far! I'm so excited for you all to play it, and I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it :)

(Sorry for the overabundance of smilies, it's a bad habit!)
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#10 Post by Googaboga »

Congrats on the release! I'm looking forward to when I'll have a chance to play :mrgreen:.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Kirlett
Regular

#11 Post by Kirlett »

Is there no route for the first guy who dances with you? T_T I wanted to choose him, he looked like a main character but he didn't appear again u_u
(I'm in Guy's route. I LOVE HIM. And Huntington is awful... such a creep. I'm glad we have options to clearly refuse him! Come save the heroine, Captain! >///<)

Also, that old lady is getting on my nerves. Who does she think she is? Ugh. Back off, grandma, and take your son the stalker with you. :x

Edit: I FINISHED GUY'S ROUTE.
I LOVE HIM SO MUCH. He's so intense, OMG. You write romance so well. It was so exciting and dramatic and I was getting so nervous about their future. THE DRAMA!!! I got the True Love ending :D Yay! Huntington is a disgusting human being, srly. Ugggh. But I think the ending was too rushed. I wanted to see how would be their relatoinship in the future. I mean, for a story that focuses on "not your typical fairytale", it ended quite like one: a fight and a kiss. But do they got married? What does her family think? Are they accepted in society? Idk

Adia

#12 Post by Adia »

I just ...consumed the entire game. Played both routes (and got 'true love' endings for both). ...I have to admit, I don't think I'll be brave enough to play the 'bad ending' routes for either as I like the guys too much to be cruel to them!

I agree with Kirlett though - I really would have loved an epilogue or something to tie the endings up. With both of the love interests, given while it is a 'light' game, the social implications for both matches could be bad. The Huntington's were horrible, but I guess for the time Walter would have been saying what a lot of people would have about Blake? :( (I'd also imagine particularly with the attachment to the MC - he could be seen to be arrogant or predatory - going after the MC's dowry).

It isn't a criticism - just ...I now really want more :oops:

I just finished playing Regency Love, so was so happy to see this - as I wasn't ready to leave the Regency era yet! :D So it was a really wonderful surprise to find your game. The art was gorgeous and I did love how we could shape our character (mine was probably a bit too bold at times for a Viscount's daughter!! :mrgreen:)

Fantasysci5

#13 Post by Fantasysci5 »

Very lovely game! I really loved the setting, it felt so fresh for an otome game! The graphics are gorgeous, the writing is deep and interesting! I was pretty surprised that this was a free game, but really happy it was as well! I loved Guy's route, and would love to play Amesbury's if you ever do his. This was a real treat!

completelyaddicted21

#14 Post by completelyaddicted21 »

I just finished playing the game and its amazing! I LOVED guy's route he was such a dreamboat n poet surprisingly :lol:
I couldnt believe the game was free considering the amazing artwork and writing! Some scenes left my heart feeling squished up while others made me almost tear up from happiness :')
I cant wait for your future works! Thank you for this wonderful game it was one of the best otome games I've ever played!

Kirlett
Regular

#15 Post by Kirlett »

I forgot! I also love how your decisions change the way others see the heroine. When I was playing Isaac's route, everyone kept telling me how I was SO kind and accepted by society. Nice ^^