The Lady's Choice- [Regency Romance- GxB]-Amesbury released!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
MissArel

Re: The Lady's Choice- [Regency Romance- GxB]- Amesbury's co

#46 Post by MissArel »

OH. MY. GOD.

My bae is coming! <3 Im so happy, thank you for making the Amesbury route :3

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#47 Post by Harliqueen »

Kirlett wrote:I SCREAMED!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD THANK YOU I'M SO HAPPY This is the best news ever <3
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! I can't. Sorry. I'll be... there, in the corner... fangirling extremly hard.
Every player will be delighted, I'm sure. After all, we ALL wanted Amesbury e_e
Ahhh~ Life is good.
Well, this made me smile all day :D I'm really glad you're excited for it! Hopefully not too long away now...
Zelan wrote:Was not expecting that so soon, but this is awesome to hear! ^_^
I wasn't going to do Amesbury's route, but then so many people seemed disappointed he wasn't available :D So, I was hoping I'd be able to get his route out in time as a sort of early Christmas present to everyone who has shown such support to The Lady's Choice!
MissArel wrote:OH. MY. GOD.

My bae is coming! <3 Im so happy, thank you for making the Amesbury route :3
He is indeed! And I hope he lives up to expectations :D
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

Kirlett
Regular

#48 Post by Kirlett »

I just realised... you made Diving in Deep! OMG. I played that game a long time ago and I loved it <3 Sorry for not letting you know (maybe I did? Idk). Now I can say that I played both of your games and I REALLY hope you will be making more in the future ^^ I actually wouldn't mind if they're not free. Your amazing work deserves to be paid TBH. (Not too expensive, I hope xD I would love to support you, but my wallet is rather empty haha)

BUT IF THEY CONTINUE TO BE FREE, HEY, I'M NOT COMPLAINING haha (Free things are good, but when games like yours are not only great but FREE? Oh, man. My day has been made xD) I wish I could do SOMETHING to support you. If I knew how to draw you would be getting fanarts every day. I could TRY writing fanfiction but english is not my first language and the result could be... well, not pretty lol We would all cringe so hard n_n

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#49 Post by Zelan »

Kirlett wrote:I could TRY writing fanfiction but english is not my first language and the result could be... well, not pretty lol We would all cringe so hard n_n
Do it anyway! :D That's what this forum is for - to share you work and improve it with practice! (There's no way it could be cringier than my old fan fiction, anyway. cx)

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)

#50 Post by Harliqueen »

Kirlett wrote:I just realised... you made Diving in Deep! OMG. I played that game a long time ago and I loved it <3 Sorry for not letting you know (maybe I did? Idk). Now I can say that I played both of your games and I REALLY hope you will be making more in the future ^^ I actually wouldn't mind if they're not free. Your amazing work deserves to be paid TBH. (Not too expensive, I hope xD I would love to support you, but my wallet is rather empty haha)

BUT IF THEY CONTINUE TO BE FREE, HEY, I'M NOT COMPLAINING haha (Free things are good, but when games like yours are not only great but FREE? Oh, man. My day has been made xD) I wish I could do SOMETHING to support you. If I knew how to draw you would be getting fanarts every day. I could TRY writing fanfiction but english is not my first language and the result could be... well, not pretty lol We would all cringe so hard n_n
I did do Diving in Deep :D Oh man, that feels like forever ago! It was my first visual novel.

I am hoping to actually make a living from visual novels, so I will be releasing commercial one in the future. I have one in the works, but that's been put on hold until I finish Amesbury's route (which will be free!).

Thank you so, so much for your support. You have no idea how much it means to me :) And also, I would LOVE fanfiction. Seriously, the fact that you would even be willing to think of writing me fanfiction in a language that is not your first language is incredible! I cannot string a sentence together in another language, so I am in awe that you have learnt another language, and I guarantee any writing you did would be awesome!

Don't feel put off writing in english just because it's not your native language. English speakers should be accomodating you because you're the one who has put in the effort to learn english for them to understand!

I hope that made sense ^^'
Zelan wrote:
Kirlett wrote:I could TRY writing fanfiction but english is not my first language and the result could be... well, not pretty lol We would all cringe so hard n_n
Do it anyway! :D That's what this forum is for - to share you work and improve it with practice! (There's no way it could be cringier than my old fan fiction, anyway. cx)
^ This exactly! :D (My early fanfiction was just... *shudders*)

Fantasysci5

#51 Post by Fantasysci5 »

This is such great news, thank you! I'm so excited!

procutemeister
Regular
Tumblr: the-professional-cutemeister

#52 Post by procutemeister »

OMG! It's done! :D I've been waiting for this since I played through the demo :) Congrats on finishing! I'll drop a review once I play.

EDIT: Finally finished my first playthrough... obviously I went for Blake. :P Military boys are a weakness tbh...

I love him so much, he's such a sweetheart!
Initially I wasn't really crazy about him since he seemed so awkward and reluctant but I decided to go for him cos Stanton was just a bit too sketchy for me, and also (like Lydia Bennet said) "Officers!!" :lol: It did take me a while to really warm up to him, but when I did it was soo worth it. He's such a cutie <3 also I was squealing at probably every single intimate moment. And at the blindfold game, and the training scene in the park oh my...
Anyway, I'm off to play Stanton's route now :) And I'm so excited for Amesbury!! Can't wait to play his route too :D Thanks so much for this great game! <3 Regency

Sonomi
Veteran
Projects: Lethargy of Snow
itch: sonomi

#53 Post by Sonomi »

Thank you for sharing this work of art with us!

I played Blake's path and was very impressed with your classy style of writing. It certainly fits the setting portrayed in the story. I found this read incredibly engaging. Like Kirlett, I also look forward to your future VNs!

wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams

#54 Post by wyverngem »

Yay! Didn't get a bad end! *coughs* Ahem, ^^; Great game. I was caught with the first choice in game. It was very enjoyable and I'm really shocked I got Issac's True end first. ^_^ I never get good endings on the first try. Also, very sweet. It was all around very good. Great job!

Kikaharu
Regular

#55 Post by Kikaharu »

It's cool that Amesbury is getting a route. I might be saying something you might have heard before but I think Walter (aka "Duke Creep von Creepster" as you say) I think he should have a romantic path too. Now I know how weird that might be. I loved playing your game it was really fun and I totally agree that he is a creep but I am just curious as to how much of that is 100% him so I really think it would be interesting to have a romantic path with him. So if you ever do make one for him, I say that would be awesome. But if you don't well that up to you and it's not that big of a deal.

MadQueen

#56 Post by MadQueen »

I enjoyed this game much more than I ever thought I would.
At first I thought this type of game isn't for me, but I gave it a shot anyway and MY GOD is it now one of my top favorite games <3
I played both Isaac's and Guy's route and the way they were constructed seemed very pleasing to me. Also, the concept of dating a captain / a "gambling addict" are so specific to that era and yet so intriguing. I've never played a game like this before, thank you for offering The Lady's Choice for free if needed, as I don't own a card at the moment to support the projects T^T But hopefully I'll get a new one soon and get on with supporting the next projects ^-^
The true love endings filled my heart with joy. I did wish for more, though T^T I acknowledge the story ended exactly where it should have, but my inner self desperately wished for more T^T
And this is why I wanted to ask if you'll ever make extra-scenes for this game that can be downloaded just like the game itself? Something with the wedding, something with kids maybe, something hot, whatever crosses your mind and happens post-game.
Once again, thank you the amount of work you put into this game! For me, at least, it seems definitely worth it ^-^

Harliqueen
Veteran

#57 Post by Harliqueen »

(Sorry for the late replies, didn't realise I'd had comments on the thread :D Been so focused on working Amesbury's route!)

@Fantasysci5 - I'm really glad you're excited. Hopefully it won't be long until his route's released!

@procutemeister - Yeah, it did rather go over my time limit for NaNo to get the game finished ^^; Hoping it was worth the wait though!
Blake is a cutie... once you get past that wall of politeness :D Hope you enjoyed Stanton's route just as much!

@Sonomi - Oh, wow! Thank you so much for your kind words and compliments. I really tried to fit the writing style to the time period, but still make it engaging to a modern audience. So, it's so great to hear people enjoyed the style!

@wyverngem
- Yeah, I'm not a fan of bad ends, so I made it so as you had to actually choose to get a bad end, rather than have it as a consequence of choices.
I didn't make it too hard to get true love ends, because everyone loves a happy ending, right? :)

@Kikaharu - Poor Walter... Well, not really poor Walter, he is a major creep! I think it would be seriously difficult to write a romance route for him, as his sole focus is mostly on title and wealth. There's not much romance or feeling in him! :D

@MadQueen - I'm so glad you gave it a chance! I think historical romances can be quite uncertain for some people, but I've found that most people enjoy them once they get going on them :D
Any NaNo projects I do I have decided will always be free :)
I know a lot of people were disappointed I didn't have time to put in epilogues, which was something I had hoped to do.
Maybe in the future I mgiht do something as extras. Not sure.
I'm definitely going to have to start working on commercial projects after Amesbury, as I'm hoping to go into VNs as career :)

--

Thank you so much to everyone who left such kind comments! It's so motivating to hear how people are enjoying it (some unexpectedly so!).

Amesbury's route is coming along really well, and it's looking like it will still be on track for December release!

Kirlett
Regular

#58 Post by Kirlett »

I almost had a heart attack when I saw your reply. I thought Amesbury was out already and... :!: :!: :!: :!:
All I want for Christmas... is Regency Romance ♪
Sorry, this doesn't even contribute to the post xD I'm just excited.

MadQueen

#59 Post by MadQueen »

Harliqueen wrote:
@MadQueen - I'm so glad you gave it a chance! I think historical romances can be quite uncertain for some people, but I've found that most people enjoy them once they get going on them :D
Any NaNo projects I do I have decided will always be free :)
I know a lot of people were disappointed I didn't have time to put in epilogues, which was something I had hoped to do.
Maybe in the future I mgiht do something as extras. Not sure.
I'm definitely going to have to start working on commercial projects after Amesbury, as I'm hoping to go into VNs as career :)
Aww thank you for taking the idea of extras into consideration ^-^ Really, that would be a nice replacement for the epilogue xD
Also, I'm quite excited to hear about a new route as well!!! :D Hope you're having fun doing it. And I'm sure a VN career would (DEFINITELY!!) suit you ^-^

procutemeister
Regular
Tumblr: the-professional-cutemeister

#60 Post by procutemeister »

omg good luck with a VN career! I'm sure you'd be great at it :D
And i really can't wait for Amesbury's route, it'll be an excellent Christmas present! <3