The Lady's Choice- [Regency Romance- GxB]-Amesbury released!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
doodle

Re: The Lady's Choice- [Regency Romance- GxB]-Amesbury relea

#76 Post by doodle »

How interesting that all the guys had a favored personality! I didn't know that but still played the sweet MC with Stanton and witty with Blake, it just felt the most natural to those characters I guess. Like Stanton needed to know he had someone who cared about him genuinely and Blake needed some jokes to be able to relax. I finished Amesbury and played a mix of witty and headstrong with him, but the game registered it mostly as witty.
I had no idea Monfort could be in love with the MC either! Do you have to play a certain personality for that? Except for the society points I mean. I doubt he'd like a headstrong MC, since she's very blunt?
I liked Amesbury's route a lot, by the way, but I'm afraid I've fallen too much in love with Stanton to really care about him or Blake that much... good job, you. I'm not often so easily charmed :lol:
I also found it pretty hilarious at the point in Stanton's route when you are hiding him and tell Vale's men to go away, because I chose the aggressive option and practically scared them away, and then Isaac says "Oh, you got them to leave? I'm not surprised, you're such a nice person" or something like that and I was just like ":...yeaaah, sure" :lol:
I'll definitely look out for your new game!

theshrimplord
Regular

#77 Post by theshrimplord »

I saw that Amesbury had his own route now and screamed, it made me so happy! I commented much earlier on this thread about how the game was beautiful, but neither romance really interested me and I was sad that my initial strong connection with Amesbury didn't lead to a route. I was ecstatic to see his released.

And what a beautiful route it is! I played as a witty MC this time (I normally play sweet MC) and it was so unique seeing them interact. The CGs were beautiful, the route was nice and full, it was wonderful.
The only thing I didn't like is she didn't realize he was the Society Swindler. Seriously? The first time I was on the edge 'is it him or not' but after you run into him in front of the shops twice and talk to the Society Swindler again, it was so easy. I don't know why it took her three encounters to figure it out with how intelligent MC is
While I think Montfort is attractive and the fangirl inside me says "give him a route", I understand why he doesn't have one.
Anyone that would be that willing to hate/fall in love with his best friend's partner is sketchy
Overall, so happy you added Amesbury and I look forward to future projects from you! Especially if they have similar art
WIP: Kingdoms Collide (fantasy, otome, gxb)

Nori
Deviantart: apple264

#78 Post by Nori »

First of all I just have to say that i loved this game! :D And when I saw that Amesbury would get his own route i was so excited! Of course I ended up loving every single second of his route! Actually I think he's my favorite bachelor! ( sorry Captain :( I still like you but ...Amesbury was just awesome!)
What I really enjoyed about his route was the fact that he and Sophia were actually talking and voicing their opinions, which a very good but unfortunately a quite rare thing in visual novels... Their relationship felt really genuine... don't get me wrong though, all the bachelors, all the characters in general and the relationships between them were superb! I just felt more connected with Amesbury... I hope you can understand what I mean. :P Plus the mask and the whole alter ego thing were certainly a bonus! :wink:

By the way, Arabella and Colonel Foxley are so adorable together! Arabella is such a precious friend! :D

Montfort, on the other hand, is, I think, one of these characters we just love to ...well not hate... but certainly dislike! He's not a bad guy ...but at some point I was like "Well for someone who cares that much about society's rules, you are one rude...man!" :P He showed a lot of character growth though and at the end I liked him. Maybe we can see him finding love in an other game? No pressure. :wink:
All in all, it was an amazing visual novel! I loved everything about it! The writing, the art, the story, the music were all incredible! I look forward to your next project! No pressure or anything but I expect great things! :P

flawedbydesign

#79 Post by flawedbydesign »

I played through Amesbury's route, choosing the bold/speaking your mind options, and it worked perfectly. But when I tried playing through choosing the kind or the witty options it crashed every couple of lines. It probably crashed about 10 times in one play-through.

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#80 Post by Harliqueen »

@doodle - I'm glad it felt natural to play the characters that the love interests favoured :D That's a real compliment!
You're right, Montfort was really not so keen on the headstrong MC! He favours witty (against his better judgement) and genial MCs. Though, if you shun society, he won't like you no matter what personality you choose to play :roll: He's a fussy one!
I think coding the personality comments were hardest! Because it picks up on the personality you've played most so far. I think I was getting a bit better in Amesbury's route, where they would comment on if the MC made a sudden different choice in personality option to what they picked so far. It's something I like adding in, but it's really hard to get right because of how many different playstyles and options there can be! :D
Thank you so much for playing and commenting, I really appreciate your support!

--

@theshrimplord -
I'm so glad Amesbury's route didn't disappoint! I was nervous about how people would react to it as it came so long after the others.
The Society Swindler and the MC not knowing was a bit of a stretch! But, it was one of those awkward plot points that had to be pulled along until the right moment. I hope it didn't spoil it for you too much though...
Thank you so much for your support! Future games will have the same art, as it seems to be the style that my brain has settled on :D

--

@Nori - Thank you so much for playing! I'm really glad you enjoyed it. I'm even more glad to hear I managed to write it so as Amesbury seduced you enough to his side ;)

Thank you for your encouraging words! I really hope future projects live up to expectations :D

--

@flawedbydesign
- I'm so sorry there was an error for you! When it crashed, did it bring up an error code or anything? Or, did it simply just crash? I'm not the best at techinical things, but I will help to the best of my ability! (Are you on Mac, or Windows?)

--

Super sorry for the very late replies! I've only just come back from a long Christmas break :)
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

flawedbydesign

#81 Post by flawedbydesign »

I am on Windows. The errors I keep getting are:

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 15259, in script
$ LTL += 1
File "game/script.rpy", line 15259, in <module>
$ LTL += 1
NameError: name 'LTL' is not defined

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 15284, in script
$ PLP += 1
File "game/script.rpy", line 15284, in <module>
$ PLP += 1
NameError: name 'PLP' is not defined

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 16734, in script
if PLove == True:
File "game/script.rpy", line 16734, in <module>
if PLove == True:
NameError: name 'PLove' is not defined

Each of those show up several time, the line being different of course. They start happening more frequently towards the end. But do happen a few times at the beginning.

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)

#82 Post by Harliqueen »

flawedbydesign wrote:I am on Windows. The errors I keep getting are: ...
Seems like it's not picking up on the new variables added to the game.

Did you start the game from a previous save (such as, after the prologue?), or did you start a completely fresh run-through from the very beginning?

That error happens to me when I try to test it and I've added new variables, because it won't log the new ones unless I start from the very beginning, all over again (I always forget though :D It's something I should have mentioned!)

If you did play from a completely fresh start then I'm not sure why it would kick up the error :/ My suggestion would be to completely uninstall the game (delete persistent data and everything), then download it again- to start over and see if that works?

Again, I'm so sorry you are encountering this error! I hope one of these solutions fixes it :) If not, then let me know and I will try to talk to someone a bit more technical than me to see if they can figure it out.

flawedbydesign

#83 Post by flawedbydesign »

I was not using an old save, but it did start working when I deleted it and re-downloaded it.

Jain
Regular

#84 Post by Jain »

So pleased to find the Amesbury path has been released!

I must admit also to catching some feels for Montfort. If only he and MC had met on that first day! For a while I felt like there might be a path there - the drama would have been interesting, for sure. I know you said there's not going to be a Montfort path, but for what it's worth I'd totally love it if there was one.

I didn't get the impression that Montfort was actively trying to steal the MC - more that he didn't see (or want to see) Amesbury or MC as being serious.

Amazing work, this is one of my favorite VN's!
Last edited by Jain on Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harliqueen
Veteran

#85 Post by Harliqueen »

flawedbydesign wrote:I was not using an old save, but it did start working when I deleted it and re-downloaded it.
That's great news! I'm glad it's working for you now :) I'm really sorry you got the error, but thank you for keeping at it until it worked!
Artalija wrote:So pleased to find the Amesbury path has been released!

I must admit also to catching some feels for Montfort. If only he and MC had met on that first day! For a while I felt like there might be a path there - the drama would have been interesting, for sure. I know you said there's not going to be a Montfort path, but for what it's worth I'd totally love it if there was one.

I didn't get the impression that Montfort was actievly trying to steal the MC - more that he didn't see (or want to see) Amesbury or MC as being serious.

Amazing work, this is one of my favorite VN's!
Thank you so much for playing the game! (I'm very sorry for the late reply!)

Montfort turned out to be quite popular :D Which was a bit of a surprise!

But yeah, you're completely right, he's not really actively trying to steal the MC away, especially at the start. It's not until later that he begins to push his luck and realises the MC has eyes only for Amesbury. He's more attempting to get the MC to see him as a romantic option, rather than just Amesbury's best friend.

I'm really glad you enjoyed it so much :)

--

Thank you everyone for all of the support and comments you given for The Lady's Choice. You have no idea what it means to me to hear you guys enjoyed it and liked the characters!

Your feedback and kindness has given me such confidence and motivation to continue with this path of a (hopefully!) career in visual novels.

For anyone who is interested, I've also finally announced my new project, Touch of Fae- viewtopic.php?f=43&t=41994

Jain
Regular

#86 Post by Jain »

Harliqueen,

Any tips for someone trying to get the True Amesbury Love ending? I managed to get all the endings for Stanton and Blake and maybe I've been a bit distracted with other things but I haven't been able to get it with Amesbury yet.

While I was puzzling over it, I started daydreaming of an ironically delicious path to end the
"I don't believe you" Amesbury ending. So MC shuns Amesbury but DOESN'T refuse Montfort when he comes a-calling, and eventually forms a relationship with him. Much like Blake at Foxley and Arabella's wedding, Amesbury is also invited to the wedding, and an awkward moment ensues. Then MC goes off to enjoy her wedding night with her a little awkward, green-eyed beauty of a husband, who takes his secret with him to the grave.

Harliqueen
Veteran

#87 Post by Harliqueen »

Artalija wrote:Harliqueen,

Any tips for someone trying to get the True Amesbury Love ending? I managed to get all the endings for Stanton and Blake and maybe I've been a bit distracted with other things but I haven't been able to get it with Amesbury yet.

While I was puzzling over it, I started daydreaming of an ironically delicious path to end the
"I don't believe you" Amesbury ending. So MC shuns Amesbury but DOESN'T refuse Montfort when he comes a-calling, and eventually forms a relationship with him. Much like Blake at Foxley and Arabella's wedding, Amesbury is also invited to the wedding, and an awkward moment ensues. Then MC goes off to enjoy her wedding night with her a little awkward, green-eyed beauty of a husband, who takes his secret with him to the grave.
Hey! :) I managed to do a walkthrough for Amesbury, I hope that helps?- http://seraphinitegames.tumblr.com/post ... h-amesbury

If not, then let me know and I will try and see if I can help you through!

That ending- wow, the drama in that would definitely been delicious to write! :D If a little heart-breaking...

Jain
Regular

#88 Post by Jain »

Harliqueen wrote:
Hey! :) I managed to do a walkthrough for Amesbury, I hope that helps?- http://seraphinitegames.tumblr.com/post ... h-amesbury

If not, then let me know and I will try and see if I can help you through!

That ending- wow, the drama in that would definitely been delicious to write! :D If a little heart-breaking...
Thanks so much. I was looking around for a walkthrough!

(That ending is yours if you want it :lol: :twisted: ).

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

#89 Post by illuminate001 »

Hi Seraphinite!

I finished your VN a week ago and I've been meaning to hop on and comment on it. I enjoyed it so thoroughly. The setting you choice was so different than alot of VN's I've played recently...the whole thing was very cinematic.

At first I thought I'd aim for Amesbury but then Blake showed up and well...I guess I couldn't help myself. I must have a thing for uniforms? :roll: lol
I got his TrueLove end...wow was there alot of push-and-pull going on in that arc!!! (great for literature...awful and tiresome in real life)

I gotta ask, are all the love interests arcs that turbulent?!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Harliqueen
Veteran

#90 Post by Harliqueen »

illuminate001 wrote:Hi Seraphinite!

I finished your VN a week ago and I've been meaning to hop on and comment on it. I enjoyed it so thoroughly. The setting you choice was so different than alot of VN's I've played recently...the whole thing was very cinematic.

At first I thought I'd aim for Amesbury but then Blake showed up and well...I guess I couldn't help myself. I must have a thing for uniforms? :roll: lol
I got his TrueLove end...wow was there alot of push-and-pull going on in that arc!!! (great for literature...awful and tiresome in real life)

I gotta ask, are all the love interests arcs that turbulent?!
They are all quite dramatic at times, yeah :D (I have a thing for melodrama!) Though, I will say I really tried to balance out the angst, romance, and fun lighter stuff- so hopefully they won't feel too heavy!

Blake's is probably the heaviest in terms of story, though Stanton is a close second. I hope you enjoy the other routes if you manage to play them :)

Thank you so much for your lovely comment!