The Lady's Choice- [Regency Romance- GxB]-Amesbury released!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

Re: The Lady's Choice- [Regency Romance- GxB]-Amesbury relea

#91 Post by illuminate001 »

No thank you! =)

And when I look back on it, yes the constant tug was balanced by Arabella and other lighter moments. I'm glad I got the worst of it out of my system with Blake then. (I'm not sure I could handle that much melodrama again lol) I'm going to play again after I finish Infurubia and try Amesburys route and see how far I get there. Cheers!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Virelai
Regular

#92 Post by Virelai »

So I played this game a while ago, I'm quite frustrated and can't believe that I actually didn't comment on this?

Regarding the history and the setting of the novel, I found it to be incredibly realistic. I enjoyed the choices you were given and how you could essentially decide what type of personality you wanted in Sophia. A lot of the choices were very true to the time period as well, rather than slang phrases etc.

Also, I'm a huge sucker for historical romances idk why.
Based on my memory (from the last time I played it), I pursued Lord Isaac first. Idk he seemed like a real man like real beef so I went ahead and got him. Personally, I liked his story the best. It was 100% more in depth than the other characters, and there was a lot of backstory towards his character, which I really enjoyed. It was clear that a lot of thought was put into this, and his story provided a lot of details. AND REALLY CUTE SCENES BUT THAT'S BESIDES THE POINT.
The second character was Captain Guy Blake, and although his route was interesting and sweet, it felt kind of cliche. The whole, "i work hard but not accepted" plotline was relatively mild compared to Lord Isaac. There was also a time when I was really frustrated at him because he became stoic af again?????????? Like I was really annoyed like pls you are not the only one with problems here. Overall, Captain Guy is 100% boyfriend goals and 100% sweet husband goals. As a character, pretty well rounded.
I want to apologize because I'm so sure that your team puts so much time and effort into cranking out another special route for Amesbury, but I honestly really disliked his storyline. But I must commend your ad(?)/announcement poster for him. It was really spicy LOL. His route was so predictable :'( There was a really great storyline happening and it was really dramatic, quite more dramatic than the other ones, but the predictability of him being that secret sneaky mugger (I can't remember his secret name! I'm sorry!) was way too out there, and I personally felt myself a little irked when Sophia couldn't put two and two together. What I really did like at the end was (I can't remember his name for the life of me, I think it was LAwrence? Laurent?) But the other extremely attractive man that was trying to keep Sophia away from Amesbury-----I enjoyed that plot twist when another person came out and posed as Amesbury, effectively injuring Arabella. That was a really nice twist, and although I kind of saw it coming from him, I didn't know why he did such a thing. I honestly thought he was gay for Amesbury but that's another point for another time.
Overall, The Lady's Choice is definitely something I'd read again, and something I have recommended many times to my friends. Kudos to you for accomplishing such a wonderful and well-rounded project!

Cheers to more historical VN's like this!

Amberbaum
Regular

#93 Post by Amberbaum »

Virelai wrote: -snip-
I can get behind this. Isaac was definitely the best route for me out all of them all.

Fantasysci5

#94 Post by Fantasysci5 »

I love this game so much! It is so professionally done, I would gladly pay money for it. The graphics are unique and gorgeous, the setting is different enough to be fresh in the otome world. The writing is top notch, the routes so different from each other and interesting, the characters likable and well fleshed out. I am just awed by this game, and that it was released for free! (Is there a way to pay in dollars instead of pounds on itch.io?) Thank you so much for this emotional ride, I adore it, it's one of my very favorite otome games. <3