[Stolen Destiny [GxB][otome, action, free!] ~ ilujam

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
UsaBerryHime
Regular
Completed: Destiny Voyage
Projects: {Destiny Movie}, [Stolen Destiny
Tumblr: usaberryhime
Deviantart: UsaBerryHime
itch: usaberryhime

[Stolen Destiny [GxB][otome, action, free!] ~ ilujam

#1 Post by UsaBerryHime »

the logo would go here

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* NOTE* the download link is to the media fire file, while the itch has been taken down for he future update and overhaul to the game! *
thanks for understanding and enjoy Jay's route for the time being!

D O W N L O A D
(( Walkthrough Below ))

This game was made for: - ilujam
(( = With Jay's route completed in time= ))

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clara (renamable!) is a fresh college grad that landed her first job at a museum, her dream job!
She's wanted to work here since she was a little girl, especially in the Winston gallery,
where precious stones and gems are featured! The main attraction is the famous Joy Diamond,
but Clara's favorite has always been the Silver Kiss necklace.
Tucked away in the back of the gallery, it doesn't usually get much love.
One day she meets a handsome tourist and sly museum guard that also
take interest in the necklace. That night she gets caught up in a robbery?!
The Target? The Silver Kiss necklace, an unexpected target compared to the worth of the diamond.

Why is there so much attention around this necklace?
Who are these people that Clara just met?
And what will happen to her when she's also taken?!

= MC =
(Default: Clara) This innocent museum worker gets caught up in it's robbery attempt and taken herself too?!
For the most part she liked to live a quiet life, but somehow this crazy world finds her.
Usually timid, she gets stronger when dealing with the necklace.
She will stop at nothing at seeing its safe return to the museum, where it rightfully belongs.

Agent or criminal? Which side is he really on?
Where do his loyalties lie?
His steely eyes can stare daggers at anyone that crosses his path.
How will Clara deal with him?
"What are you doing? You're gonna get yourself killed!"

Agent or criminal? Which side is he really on?
Where do his loyalties lie?
A kind face, but is it all an act...?
"Your death means nothing to be, stay clear."

A kind looking woman that works with Clara at the museum.
She was also hired around the time she was, fairly recent at that.
She is highly qualified and really underpaid.

[ Classified ]

Also known as: The Skunk Man
(For his choice in hair of course)
(No has commented on his smell long enough to tell the tale)
He's a powerful man that also wants the necklace?

[ Classified ]
The rest of the cast is on a need to know basis
This is all I can disclose...for your own safety, that is.

Image Image Image
Image Image

◆ Free !
◆ 2 Routes
◆ 3 Current Endings
= ( 7 Endings Total )
= ( 3 per character + 1 classified ending )
◆ Custom GUI
◆ Jay's Route is 36,000 words
Milo's Route coming soon
◆ 2 CGs
= ( more coming soon ! )

◆ Probably some humor
◆ Mostly likely some romance
◆ An all around good time

◆ Listed below are the walkthroughs in order to unlock the secret endings, so look at your own risk!
◆ Play around a bit first, make it more fun!
◆ JAY ◆
#1 - Busy today, isn't it?
#2 - go with him
#3 - tease him a bit
#4 - something yummy
#5 - smile
# - cry/freeze does not matter
#6 - snoop
# - jay/jbae does not matter
#7 - doctor
#8 - * depends on what you ordered at the cafe
smoothie = black coffee / caramel = green tea / tea = lemonade
#9 - be honest

-------------------------------

◆ MILO ◆

* . . . coming soon . . . *

Hello lovely people!
You may remember me from Destiny Voyage (and WIP {Destiny Movie})

The initial release for June 26, 2016 only includes Jay's route due to time constraints and ilujam deadlines.
Milo's route coming soon . . . (sometime this summer!)

Additional Credits:
Art & Story: UsaBerryHime
Engine: Ren'py
Editors: Baku4Rent & Asymptote-of-Life
Backgrounds: Konnett, Uncle Mugen
Music: Kevin MacLeod
SFX: freesfx

---------------

Any advice and criticism is really appreciated!
If you would be so kind as to answer a few questions?

◆ Did you have fun / enjoy playing ?
◆ Are you impatiently waiting for Milo's route?
◆ Any parts that you extremely liked / disliked & why ?
◆ Advice / Criticism?

Thanks to everyone that reads / downloads / plays / comments / or have supported me!
You guys da real MVPs

Last edited by UsaBerryHime on Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image

Isotta

Re: [Stolen Destiny [GxB][otome, action, free!] ~ ilujam

#2 Post by Isotta »

Dearest UsaBerryHime,

I've just finished playing Jay's route and it was truly awesome!
The story is intriguing, fresh and filled with so much funny moments I was laughing so hard that my belly still hurts! :D
Even the art is beautiful, and I liked the characters immensely (Jay is so frigging cute but I admit I also find Milo and Wren extremely endearing).
I enjoyed playing your game so much that now I'm totally looking forward to play Milo's route as well!
Good job and thank you for Stolen Destiny!!!

yundun63
Completed: None so far
Projects: None so far

#3 Post by yundun63 »

I really liked it! Both the art and story were pretty good, and the concept was fairly original. The only thing I really disliked was how air-headed the MC could be at times. Like seriously, she can't recognize the guys at all? But I guess that isn't too big of a deal, and my favorite thing over all was probably the humor. Jay was fun, but I'm more excited for Milo's route actually. I'll have to keep popping in to check every once in awhile.

Any plans on adding more routes after Milo by chance?

UsaBerryHime
Regular

#4 Post by UsaBerryHime »

Isotta wrote:Dearest UsaBerryHime,

I've just finished playing Jay's route and it was truly awesome!
The story is intriguing, fresh and filled with so much funny moments I was laughing so hard that my belly still hurts! :D
Even the art is beautiful, and I liked the characters immensely (Jay is so frigging cute but I admit I also find Milo and Wren extremely endearing).
I enjoyed playing your game so much that now I'm totally looking forward to play Milo's route as well!
Good job and thank you for Stolen Destiny!!!
Thanks so much for your comment! Ah, I am so flattered by your compliments, thanks so much!! I hope that you'll enjoy Milo's route my next projects as well:D And I'm really glad that you like my sense of humor as well! ahah

----
yundun63 wrote:I really liked it! Both the art and story were pretty good, and the concept was fairly original. The only thing I really disliked was how air-headed the MC could be at times. Like seriously, she can't recognize the guys at all? But I guess that isn't too big of a deal, and my favorite thing over all was probably the humor. Jay was fun, but I'm more excited for Milo's route actually. I'll have to keep popping in to check every once in awhile.

Any plans on adding more routes after Milo by chance?
Thank you for your great feedback!
Sorry that you found the MC particularly dense, some of it was due to humor (like making fun of the old cliche- like in Sailor Moon when they "transform" and look the same but are "unrecognizable" so that's my bad that it wasn't communicated as well as I would have hoped aha

I'm hoping that Milo's route will be released by the end of the summer! (If all things go as planned in my life haha)
As for more routes, I can disclose that Wren will get his story told in another game (perhaps ... one . . . with a movie . . .) but I had no other routes planned for this game (this was originally a short project, but I loved it so much I want to expand it a bit more). There may, however, be extra content added like author's notes, extra scenes, or other bonus content of the like depending on how much time I have.

Again, thanks for playing!! And I really appreciate your feedback!!:)
Image Image Image

Virelai
Regular

#5 Post by Virelai »

I just finished playing, and I really enjoyed this story.
BUT WAIT THE ENDING waIT plEAsE WHaT is THE endING OMg I'M SCreAMINg hELP I CAN't LMLWlwkjealf IM SO WAIT I CAN' T i WiSH thERe was MoRE
I actually really enjoyed Jay's route because he was super sweet,
and the fact that he blushed at everything was even cuter
. I also really enjoy the art, but the storyline was a little bit confusing towards the end for me because
it just felt like Edith was thrown in there all of the sudden along with the Hoodie Guy without any real...backstory?
But ofc, I can't figure out any other better way of integrating that part of the story in without doing what you did, so props to you!

I'm super looking forwards to Milo's route, and will the Hoodie Guy and Wren have a route as well? I can't wait for you to fully finish this game because you and your crew are doing great so far and I love it.

Keep it up!! ^-^

UPDATE: I JUST REALIZED YOU WROTE DESTINY VOYAGE AND I ACTUALLY REALLY ENJOYED THAT ONE BUT WAS KIND OF SAD THAT IT WAS SUPER SHORT AND NOT AS DEVELOPED.

I can tell you hands down that you've improved 10/10 since that one with the storyline and everything.

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

i cre y i want more already MILO'S ROUTE MY LOVE WHERE U AT

Hello! You have no idea how long I've been trying to play this and now that I have, I must comment!! (I've played Destiny Voyage too and also left some feedback longlong time ago if you remember but anyways!) I've been a big big big fan of your work, well, works now with Stolen Destiny being partially completed!
Congrats for finishing such a well done route within a single jam! The game was superbly fun and enjoyable to play! <3

On to the questions!

I did! I really really really did! Despite the entire tension and dilemma of having such dreading problems upon the characters, with many risks of death and losing the necklace completely, the game was surprisingly more cheerful and upbeat than I expected it to be. Which is a very good thing too because I have more than enough angst and sadness and despair on my plate idontneednomorepls lmao I think the real highlight of the story, which made me laugh and giggle nonstop was during the couple events at the island, obviously! Now that's fanservice!!! I sc re amed a lo t in j o y with no s ha me th x

Ple as e. Do you eve n have to ask??? I'm thirsty af for that extra malt Milo heckyeah heckyeah

Only the fact that you improve so fast???? Like ho w??? I'm very jealous of your skills and hard work thank you very much.
Jkjk! I didn't dislike anything in particular, just have a few nitpicks here and there! Cliches are thrown into some predictable places (hurt ankle but not telling, the overwhelming guilt MC has as she is delved deeper into Jay's life, etc etc) but they don't affect me much as you handled them very well, I never groaned out loud when they happened and I always groan. They're just things that I casually notice, also I'm just way too salty about a heroine having to always be written as the one lesser than the guy but that's really not salvageable in this case as the heroine really does live a life that is way too alien than the guys'.

Advice / Criticism? u mean the part where i G USH AT YOU???
Your art, mannnnn! Your art! So much improvement, so nice! I'm so happy to be able to see your works growing better, at such an impressive speed too! That's really amazing! I got the feeling that you had tons of fun making this game, with all the jokes and really uplifting air it has, it immediately rubbed off onto me as well so I was bounded to have my time spent well playing it.
As for real critiques, I actually have nothing useful to say unfortunately, hmm. Maybe lessen the fourth wall breaking just a tad bit? I wasn't thrown off by it, but it did leave me a bit of an impression?? But maybe that's just me lol

Really great work as usual, I'm happy to be able to play the game! Very much looking forward to Destiny Movie next, good luck! :>

CSV
Regular
Tumblr: csvidaldraws
Deviantart: csvidal
itch: csvidal

#7 Post by CSV »

This sounds interesting and I look forward to playing the game, though I will most likely wait until the final release to start. Got to bookmark this for the time being...
[ I also remember Destiny Voyage - I still need to play that one too, why must I procrastinate so - and just by taking a first glance at this post I can see your art improvement. Not that it was bad before, but it really looks great now! ]
☆☆☆
(portfolio)
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

SimpliDelirious

#8 Post by SimpliDelirious »

OHMIGOSH THIS WAS AMAZING AND I LOVE IT
Is that even a qUESTION
uhM YES
There was no parts I really disliked. The puns and the wording made me cry because I'm a basic white teen and got all the references omg. I found myself laughing more then once, and
when they were searching for the tree? STUMPED. HAH
I just hdfjirgjthujikg loved it so much. There characters were really well developed and everything just idk it all fit into place, and I liked how
the mc didn't freak tf out when Jay kissed Edith like she 100% knew him so well that she didn't get uber jealous and typical mc I really liked that. Btw Edith was plot twist I did not see that coming. Was the MC the Princess or something? Idek. I haven't played the game before rip.
I actually started crying at the end because I wanted more JayxMC
◆ Advice / Criticism?
Nothing, other than that I want more of your work. You did so well omg loveeeeddd itttt

Izzayuh
Projects: Masked, Lovetale
Tumblr: izzycle
Deviantart: izzysdoodles

#9 Post by Izzayuh »

Just downloaded, was a big fan of Destiny Voyage, so really excited to see what this is like!
The art style has definitely caught my eye though, the sprites are so so gorgeous!

Izzayuh
Projects: Masked, Lovetale
Tumblr: izzycle
Deviantart: izzysdoodles

#10 Post by Izzayuh »

Now that I have finished it I can give a proper response!!
Did you have fun / enjoy playing ?
Yes! Definitely, was really cute and I found myself laughing often at the dialogue. I really enjoyed it, staying up until 2am so I could get through the cuteness! I really enjoyed your previous game, but this was an improvement even on that! The art is a lot more refined and detailed, and the length was just perfect for me to get into the characters and the story line. Jay is just a precious little cinnamon roll.

Are you impatiently waiting for Milo's route?
I am! I really look forward to seeing what more you can add to the story line. This is actually the first unfinished game I have played, usually I would wait out until it's completed, but I was just way too excited to wait, so I really really can't wait for the additions!!

Any parts that you extremely liked / disliked & why ?
Can't think of anything really dislike to be honest. I really enjoyed this from beginning to end. But what I extremely liked was the development of Jay! Haven't seen a character like him used before, so it was adorably refreshing, and I was just waiting for him to grow more comfortable with the MC! And the "I'm a slut for pizza" oh dear I had tears running down my face just for having that as a dialogue option! The MC was pretty relateable which I really liked! She often said or did things that I would do, which is always a big plus in my opinion! And the fourth wall breaking had me laughing every time - brilliant!

Advice / Criticism?
Nope, just a few spell check things I noticed as I went along, but those aren't really major enough to comment on... Everything else was absolutely amazing, I can't wait to see how much further you improve in future projects! Seriously, this was so great! Thank you for giving me a great evening!

Fantasysci5

#11 Post by Fantasysci5 »

Is there anywhere else to download this, it seems to have disappeared off itch.io and I'd really like to play it!

narutochats
Regular

#12 Post by narutochats »

Same as the comment above, would love a link!
I've been at this too long...

UsaBerryHime
Regular

#13 Post by UsaBerryHime »

Is there anywhere else to download this, it seems to have disappeared off itch.io and I'd really like to play it!
Thanks @Fantasysci5 and @narutochats for your interest! I'm terribly sorry I've kept everyone in the dark for this version! The reason I took down the page in the first place was because I'm changing a lot in the prologue that I didn't have time for in the jam. I've slowly still updating it but didn't want the versions confused so I took down the itch page. I've uploaded the original - first version - with only Jay's route - to Media Fire for you guys! Be warned that this is still the unrefined and early version of the game! If you want to play, link is down below!

Again, thanks so much for your interest in my game!<3

http://www.mediafire.com/file/glhhvcu4v ... .0-all.zip
Image Image Image

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#14 Post by Godline »

Hey! I've missed you usaberryhime!

I hope everything is going great and this game will one day be revived. :)

narutochats
Regular

#15 Post by narutochats »

UsaBerryHime wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:15 pm
Thanks @Fantasysci5 and @narutochats for your interest! I'm terribly sorry I've kept everyone in the dark for this version! The reason I took down the page in the first place was because I'm changing a lot in the prologue that I didn't have time for in the jam. I've slowly still updating it but didn't want the versions confused so I took down the itch page. I've uploaded the original - first version - with only Jay's route - to Media Fire for you guys! Be warned that this is still the unrefined and early version of the game! If you want to play, link is down below!

Again, thanks so much for your interest in my game!<3

http://www.mediafire.com/file/glhhvcu4v ... .0-all.zip

I hope you get back to writing one day! You're an amazing writer. (Replaying this game now so I thought of you!)
I've been at this too long...