KAIMA by NomnomNami [RPG, Dark, Multiple Endings, Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
LydianChord
Completed: Time's Race Against Time, KAIMA Bad Ending Gaiden, Abandoned Building Quest
Projects: Her Tears Were My Light, KAIMA, Mermaid Splash, Us Lovely Corpses (soundtracks)
Tumblr: LydianChord
Github: lydianchord
Soundcloud: LydianChord
itch: alexh

KAIMA by NomnomNami [RPG, Dark, Multiple Endings, Free]

#1 Post by LydianChord »

Again, I only helped make music and sound effects for this, but here's a game by Nami that's a bit darker than her previous works! It's an RPG with a combat system, but it's primarily story-driven, and the decisions you make influence which ending you get. As always, if you have any feedback, I'll pass it along to Nami.

Here's her description on the game's page:
KAIMA is the story of a planet being eaten away by monsters, and a girl determined to survive. this game was made over the course of 2 months, so it's pretty short to run through, probably no more than an hour to see everything. there are 5 endings (one is a secret!)

CONTENT WARNING: strong language, violence, cannibalism, and character death. occasional screen shakes and flashes during certain scenes.

you can get a higher quality version of the soundtrack with bonus tracks over on bandcamp!

you can find more of my work HERE and hey if you're into my stuff and want to throw money at me, maybe support me on patreon!
The game is avalable for free here: https://nomnomnami.itch.io/kaima
Image Image
Image Image
Things I've worked on:
- KAIMA Soundtrack (dark RPG with multiple endings, game by NomnomNami here)
- Her Tears Were My Light Soundtrack (NaNoRenO 2016, yuri game with time travel and cute artwork, game by NomnomNami here)
- Abandoned Building Quest (NaNoRenO 2016, weird adventure game with battles and chiptune music)

Mooneon
Regular

Re: KAIMA by NomnomNami [RPG, Dark, Multiple Endings, Free]

#2 Post by Mooneon »

Looks awesome!

daisychainlinks

#3 Post by daisychainlinks »

This was a fun little game with a great atmosphere! What initially interested me was the cute art paired with the dark premise, which is something I have a big weakness for aha. Despite being a short game I felt I got to know the characters pretty well, and I absolutely loved Searina. The music was nice too, and it really added to the overall atmosphere. It did take me a while to find all the endings but I managed it in the end, and I have to say the True End was adorable!

Crono Cidra

#4 Post by Crono Cidra »

Ohh I wanna try this one out right now! I'll download it tonight and play it tomorrow when I get the chance. That's sounds like my kind of game!

Edit: I'll tack on a review after I finish it.

TheSweetestNightmare
Regular
Completed: None
Projects: The Catalyst(Failed Attempt), Heart of the Ocean

#5 Post by TheSweetestNightmare »

The music is really nice and nostalgic! I love it!
-Sincerely, Faith

paradigmshifty
Regular
Completed: New Pisces, For Ambergris, Void Id, Connection Pools, Apartment Complex, LIFEPLUS+ and more
Deviantart: paradigmshifty
Soundcloud: sleepyagents
itch: sleepyagents

#6 Post by paradigmshifty »

Great game! I played to the normal end last week, then went back yesterday and got the true end (and the indifferent end haha).
I'm glad I decided to keep going for the true end it was really cool :D

Nami's art, writing, game design are always amazing and this game was no different. I really enjoyed the soundtrack too, the main menu music sets the tone really well I feel.

It's cool to see more RPG style story driven games here - I really like them as long as I don't have to spend ages walking or combatting! ^^
<3
current project - Departure Lounge
past projects at sleepyagents.itch.io <3 website/blog at http://www.sleepyagents.co.uk <3 collabs etc. listed at projects.sleepyagents.co.uk/all/ <3
Honest Critique