Guilty Gear VN series-Episode 1-Ino

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Ashfield0101

Guilty Gear VN series-Episode 1-Ino

#1 Post by Ashfield0101 »

Ever wanted to see the guilty gear series in visual novel form? I know I did, and that's what inspired this. This is the first installment of seven. Though I might stop earlier on depending on how the first couple of games go with the general public. This game does have nudity, though it's not much. However it is skippable for those of you who are only out for a story. In this installment only, does the title screen have nudity. I could not find better picture than the one I used so I'm sorry for those who aren't looking for hentai. In the following installments this problem will be corrected. All and all the game contains 378 screens of dialogue, with a total 3792 words. It has 10 menus with one being to skip hentai scene, and around 20 minutes gameplay depending on the choices you make. The protraits are used have a black block around them as I did no draw them myself(see disclaimer).

Genre: Strategy/Adventure/Drama

Rated: Teen for mild language and nudity.

Disclaimer: Ingame. Please read it before you actually play.

Next Installment : Guilty_Gear_Episode2_Baiken

Special Thanks to: Renpy for making this all possible, Zazz for the sprite/portrait rips, Hitomi for the song of hers that is used, and Daisuke Ishiwatari (Creator of Guilty gear) for just about everything else.

links

Removed

Note: The installments hence forth will not be released. Instead I will begin working on a project with my own characters.

All comments and criticism welcome.
Last edited by Ashfield0101 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Nancy: Dale get out of the tub were going to go steal a news van."
Dale: It's the perfect crime! How will they report it?

King of the Hill

Re: Guilty Gear VN series-Episode 1-Ino

#2 Post by Guest »

Not familiar with GG but I liked this game.

Maybe to have better presentation redraw the graphics (tracing over is fine since as a fan-game the copyrights have been violated already :P) and have many episodes per release (a full story arc) so it feels more substantial.

#3 Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Not familiar with GG but I liked this game.

Maybe to have better presentation redraw the graphics (tracing over is fine since as a fan-game the copyrights have been violated already :P) and have many episodes per release (a full story arc) so it feels more substantial.
it's been violated? really? how? the disclaimer gave credit to the original author. sorry i don't know much about copyright so can someone please explain?

tigerrenko
Regular
Projects: Partisans
Organization: Red Viking
IRC Nick: tigerrenko
Deviantart: tigerrenko

#4 Post by tigerrenko »

You should have explicit permission of those who hold the copyright. It's not enough (legaly speaking) to "give credit".

I am making Fire Emblem fan VN, but I'll not publish it because it's full of "borrowed" assets, which is violating the copyrights...

Cheers
TR

Jake
Support Hero

#5 Post by Jake »

tigerrenko wrote:You should have explicit permission of those who hold the copyright. It's not enough (legaly speaking) to "give credit".
In short - copyright is not only the right to be credited for the work you have done, but also the right to be the sole publisher/distributor of that work.

Distributing copyrigted work - with or without credit - is illegal infringement of that copyright.

On an unrelated note, as it goes, I think Guilty Gear canon has Justice as female. :3
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

tigerrenko
Regular

#6 Post by tigerrenko »

Moreover,

Copyright infringement is ANYTHING you do without the permission. You can't reproduce, use, change, improve and certainly not distribute someone's intellectual property (assets, music, art, code, text, whatever).

Cheers
TR

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#7 Post by F.I.A »

The good:
- It's Guilty Gear. Nothing bad about it.
- A little out of usual oelvn, but that's good.
The bad:
- Large amount of notable grammar errors("Your" instead of "You're", and no commas on where necessary.
- The character portraits kind of ruin the enjoyment.
- I don't know how linear you are with the characters, but right now, the characters are deviated from the original.(Eg: I-no being a really sick double-crosser without guilt, Zappa cannot talk correctly when possessed etc)
Jake wrote:On an unrelated note, as it goes, I think Guilty Gear canon has Justice as female. :3
Yup, Dizzy called her "mother" in the alternate world.
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

Ashfield0101

#8 Post by Ashfield0101 »

Oh crap wish I knew that sooner. Well I guess I'll upload another version where I drew the characters? But is using the music, ero scenes, and backgrounds fine? Or do I have to redraw/recompose that too? Err...well anyways, for now please refrain from downloading the game until I replace the links with non-illegal links. Just as well, the second episode is going to be released later, the story is almost finished but I have to redraw that too. However if EVERYTHING in this installment turned out to be illegal then I'll drop the project. For now I'll work on a side project with my own characters...though the animation will be terrible. And the backgrounds(Unless using those backgrounds turned out to be legal). And composing music..I don't even know how to do that!

King of the Hill

Ashfield0101

#9 Post by Ashfield0101 »

F.I.A wrote:The good:
- It's Guilty Gear. Nothing bad about it.
- A little out of usual oelvn, but that's good.
The bad:
- Large amount of notable grammar errors("Your" instead of "You're", and no commas on where necessary.
- The character portraits kind of ruin the enjoyment.
- I don't know how linear you are with the characters, but right now, the characters are deviated from the original.(Eg: I-no being a really sick double-crosser without guilt, Zappa cannot talk correctly when possessed etc)
Jake wrote:On an unrelated note, as it goes, I think Guilty Gear canon has Justice as female. :3
Yup, Dizzy called her "mother" in the alternate world.
That's correct Justice is female but many might have been thrown off by that gigantic thing coming out of his crotch so I decided to make him a male. Also I'm trying to add my own personalites to the characters.

King of the Hill

#10 Post by Guest »

oh that makes sense now. but then on youtube tons of people post VN openings, music and cg without permisson. does that mean their violateing copyright law aswell? thanks in advance

tigerrenko
Regular

#11 Post by tigerrenko »

Hm...

Well, George Lucas allows everyone to make fan fiction as long as they don't profit from it. Then you have fan made movies using Star Wars costumes, music, whatnots. Even if you design the game again, as long as the art even RESEMBLES the original, it's illegal. Of course it's allowed to interpolate or to be inspired by someone's work, but it has to be SUFFICIENTLY different from the original. How you define "sufficient", usually is up to the judge to tell (mwahahah).

But don't be intimidated. If you write to owners of Guilty Gear and explain your position, maybe they will give you permission to use their IDEA (not their assets), providing you don't profit from your work...

And no using backgrouds, music or scenes is (strictly speaking) illegal...

Or you can move to Bulgaria. Government proclaimed it will not protect copyright and will not demand protection of copyright for the citizens of Bulgaria. Alas I think that they revoked this when they joined EU. But at one point you could use freely whatever you like, because government made you renounce your own copyrights as well...

my 2 cents
TR

p.s.
YouTube deletes all copyright infringements.
There is a borderline copyright tolerance which is regulated between YT and the offended company.
As editor of user-generated video humor site, I know this legal mumbojumbo and it's rather tricky. Companies are becoming less tolerant to copyright borderline infringements...

Ashfield0101

#12 Post by Ashfield0101 »

tigerrenko wrote:Hm...

Well, George Lucas allows everyone to make fan fiction as long as they don't profit from it. Then you have fan made movies using Star Wars costumes, music, whatnots. Even if you design the game again, as long as the art even RESEMBLES the original, it's illegal. Of course it's allowed to interpolate or to be inspired by someone's work, but it has to be SUFFICIENTLY different from the original. How you define "sufficient", usually is up to the judge to tell (mwahahah).

But don't be intimidated. If you write to owners of Guilty Gear and explain your position, maybe they will give you permission to use their IDEA (not their assets), providing you don't profit from your work...

And no using backgrouds, music or scenes is (strictly speaking) illegal...

Or you can move to Bulgaria. Government proclaimed it will not protect copyright and will not demand protection of copyright for the citizens of Bulgaria. Alas I think that they revoked this when they joined EU. But at one point you could use freely whatever you like, because government made you renounce your own copyrights as well...

my 2 cents
TR

p.s.
YouTube deletes all copyright infringements.
There is a borderline copyright tolerance which is regulated between YT and the offended company.
As editor of user-generated video humor site, I know this legal mumbojumbo and it's rather tricky. Companies are becoming less tolerant to copyright borderline infringements...
Right thanks. Well for now then I'll remove the links. Even if I were to make my own idea/story, I'd need their permission to use their characters correct? And even using real pictures form google image search or from my computer's sample pictures is illegal right? Also know any good music composing and drawing programs?

King of the Hill

tigerrenko
Regular

#13 Post by tigerrenko »

Exactly,

You need permisson when using their property. You can check out their site and/or write them. Some companies allow fan fiction under certain conditions.

Cheers
TR

Ashfield0101

#14 Post by Ashfield0101 »

Right then. I guess I'll take my camera and start going on a picture spree for my own backgrounds. Anyone know if there's a lil' Japan in Ontario? Unless you guys wanna recommend drawing and music composing programs before I waste my gas looking for lil' Japan. Of course due to the wide variety of characters in GG I guess I'm gonna need to find even more lil' places

King of the Hill

Dusty
Regular

#15 Post by Dusty »

You can (try) find(ing) legal background art or photos at the community wiki (there's a whole bunch of (links to) those there). The wiki also has other stuff, like links to free image editing programs, too.