Guilty Gear VN series-Episode 1-Ino

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Guilty Gear VN series-Episode 1-Ino

#16 Post by DaFool »

Ugh. I don't like how this thread turned out. I was actually the first Guest poster since it felt weird that this new game had no discussion so decided to liven it up. Now I don't know whether having no posts, or having a discussion about copyright is better for the creator's morale. My fault.

The ripped resources looked awkward that's why the complaint. Perhaps just fixing them a bit more would do the job instead of redrawing entirely. That was what I meant.

Please repost your links Ashfield0101. The LSF forums and the Ren'Py homepage listings will tolerate copyrighted items as long as they are created as a fangame (the case here). The RAA (http://www.renai.us) however, won't mirror them.

Ashfield0101

#17 Post by Ashfield0101 »

DaFool wrote:Ugh. I don't like how this thread turned out. I was actually the first Guest poster since it felt weird that this new game had no discussion so decided to liven it up. Now I don't know whether having no posts, or having a discussion about copyright is better for the creator's morale. My fault.

The ripped resources looked awkward that's why the complaint. Perhaps just fixing them a bit more would do the job instead of redrawing entirely. That was what I meant.

Please repost your links Ashfield0101. The LSF forums and the Ren'Py homepage listings will tolerate copyrighted items as long as they are created as a fangame (the case here). The RAA (http://www.renai.us) however, won't mirror them.
Oh good. That makes me feel better. I'll post the links as soon as I can find them(so long as I can't get sued...err..can I..)
Nancy: Dale get out of the tub were going to go steal a news van."
Dale: It's the perfect crime! How will they report it?

King of the Hill

Jake
Support Hero

#18 Post by Jake »

Ashfield0101 wrote:Oh good. That makes me feel better. I'll post the links as soon as I can find them(so long as I can't get sued...err..can I..)
Well, the short version is that it's technically possible, but highly unlikely.

Firstly, it's highly unlikely that anyone from Arc System Works will ever even notice. Secondly, even if they do, companies don't actually like suing people, because it's expensive and time-consuming, so it's far more likely they'll just send you a cease-and-desist notice, warning you that if you don't take the stuff down, then they'll sue. So even at that point, you'd probably have the opportunity to just remove the links and not suffer any damages.

Of course, there's no guarantees, because it's technically illegal, but it's pretty unlikely you'd get sued right off the bat. They have bigger fish to fry in that regard.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#19 Post by DaFool »

Ashfield0101 wrote: Note: The installments hence forth will not be released. Instead I will begin working on a project with my own characters.
You didn't have to remove the links from the Ren'Py webpage or here. But this is the creator's wish. I empathize with that feeling when you release something that isn't as well received as hoped and expected, but this is art and sometimes one just has to push forward and make something anyway regardless of the feedback.

Best wishes on your current project.