Sango release!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Dre
Regular

Sango release!

#1 Post by Dre »

This is a game I manage to complete in about a week. Including the artwork, music, and scripting. I made it with Ren'Py (4.2) mostly just to get use to the whole feel of typing everything that happens in the game. I originaly got the idea to do this game from one of the members who wanted to do a Moroku game where he gets a bunch of girls. I like Sango personaly, so I thought, it could work. It isn't very long but I hope you get some kind of a kick out of the game.

The story; you wake up in a forest after a nap which you are completly lost in. Not too far after you find Sango (from Inuyasha) and you both go to find out the secret behind it all. Aumm.....yeah, the actual game is better than how I explained it.

It's a comedy with 7 different ending.
File size, about 9 Mb.
Get it http://allugic.com/Sango.rar
Last edited by Dre on Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tage
Regular

#2 Post by Tage »

Amusing! :lol: One of the only things I would suggest is to double check your spellings next time. Also, "Brought to you by Ren'Py" may be a little misleading. I might suggest that you say something like "Made with Ren'Py" or something. =) By the way, did you draw all of the art yourself?

Congratulations on your release!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#3 Post by mikey »

Heh, it's fun, although admittedly a little short... kind of short-short ^_^. Anyway, nice, although there might have been some in-jokes I didn't get because I don't know anything about Inu-Yasha :? - that giant boomerang or what it is... Nice drawings though, lots of expressions, thumbs up for the presentation :wink:

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#4 Post by Taleweaver »

Yup, I wholeheartedly agree... lots of nice little effects, some weird humor (need I say "put it in"?), though not much of a plot to speak of. Works as a really strange Inuyasha side story. Rather good for its short length.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Grey
Veteran

#5 Post by Grey »

it's nice :D Good music and artwork. Well done.

RedSlash
Veteran

#6 Post by RedSlash »

Funny, indeed. I havent watched inuyasha, so I prob missed some jokes, but oither than that it was well done. :)

Alessio
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: GO! Magical Boy (2006), Angelic Orbs (soundtrack)
Projects: Cyberlin (in progress)

#7 Post by Alessio »

Nice! Especially liked the character artwork. How did you do the music?

Dre
Regular

#8 Post by Dre »

Amusing! One of the only things I would suggest is to double check your spellings next time. Also, "Brought to you by Ren'Py" may be a little misleading. I might suggest that you say something like "Made with Ren'Py" or something. =) By the way, did you draw all of the art yourself?
Even after all the checking. Well, I hope to get better at it in the next game. Thanks for the notice!

And yes, most of all the visuals in the game was drawn by me. :D
Nice! Especially liked the character artwork. How did you do the music?
I didn't do the music, the loops are from flashkit.net I think thats how it go's. I wish I could make music, but I'm no good at it. I downloaded a few, and let the writers know I was using them. Secondly, Ren'Py didn't flow too well with looping, so I had to use a program called Wavepad to make the songs loop themselves for about 5-6 times. With that, the user dosen't really notice the 1 second pause in the song loop. :P

Megaman Z

#9 Post by Megaman Z »

...Secondly, Ren'Py didn't flow too well with looping, so I had to use a program called Wavepad to make the songs loop themselves for about 5-6 times. With that, the user dosen't really notice the 1 second pause in the song loop.
Wavepad? I use audacity for that kind of stuff, in addition to takeing audio from those rarely used BMS files and converting midis to wav and trimming audio files and... wait, getting off-track

that aside, I liked the game. I probably missed any Inuyasha in-jokes, but it was still funny enough be be enjoyable.

this makes 2 games made using Ren'Py that have been released.[/url]

Dre
Regular

#10 Post by Dre »

Wavepad? I use audacity for that kind of stuff, in addition to taking audio from those rarely used BMS files and converting midis to wav and trimming audio files and... wait, getting off-track
Yeah I was looking for that program, but I happen to come across Wavepad which is a very good music editor. I was able to edit the mp3s and save it while keeping it in good quality with a small file size. Well, it went from 200 so kb to 700 so kb, but it was only about 4 songs.

Also, if you happen to have rhythm, unlike me, you can use a program call FL Studio 4 to create your own music. It's pretty easy to get away with some catchy beat.

Megaman Z

#11 Post by Megaman Z »

I tried FL Studio and found it to be a little more complicated than what I'm used to... I think I'll stick to using BMCreate and audacity in unison. (haven't had poor sound quality yet with that!)

(proceeds to make a THIRD remix to pink pong's "Fire")

RedSlash
Veteran

#12 Post by RedSlash »

Does anyone know of a good music composition software for Linux?

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#13 Post by PyTom »

If you want midi, they just released rosegarden4 version 1.0. Some mod trackers also work on Linux.

RedSlash
Veteran

#14 Post by RedSlash »

I am aware that there are various software out there. I'm just wondering if there are any you've used that you felt was better than others. I'm probably looking for a good mod tracking software.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#15 Post by PyTom »

Oh... I just thought you were asking for names. I'm miserable at music, so take this with a grain of salt... I liked rosegarden4 for midi. It seemed a reasonable program to me. Just be sure to pipe its standard output to /dev/null... otherwise it prints out enough debug information to make the program run slow.

I haven't tried tracking music. I just don't get the format well enough to have any experience with it. Sorry.