The Dandelion Girl: Don't You Remember Me?

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SteinersCooking89

The Dandelion Girl: Don't You Remember Me?

#1 Post by SteinersCooking89 »

About 7 years ago, I (along with a variety of other anonymous users) created a short game based on Robert F. Young's short story, "The Dandelion Girl". It was decently successful, and apparently gathered enough of a following to be translated into several other languages. About a year or two ago I decided to remake it. Unfortunately, the original artist didn't show much interest, so it ended up being more of a revamp and a rewrite. The sprites and CGs are the same but all of the menus have been remade, the script is rewritten, and there's an additional scene added which makes use of a CG the artist provided which I never got around to using.
I'm posting it here because, well, there aren't a whole lot of EVN communities. I'd also like to give people who haven't read this story yet a chance to have their first experience with it to be polished and professional-looking. I'll be working on more things like this in the future, but that's another story (no pun intended).

Anyway, I really hope you enjoy it. I had fun producing it. It won't take up too much of your time, though it is considerably longer than the original.

Download: https://t.co/OwL50HOEaf
More Info: http://www.twitter.com/The_Dandy_Girl

SeaOtter

Re: The Dandelion Girl: Don't You Remember Me?

#2 Post by SeaOtter »

Hello,

I followed the link and have so far been unsuccessful in extracting the .rar file. I don't know whether its just my incompetency or some sort of download failure or what. I am looking forward to reading your work, though, so I encourage you to re-re-release the game.

Also: I read the short story after my failed attempts to get the files. It's... touching. I think. But I still have some cynicism over the tenderness the two have. It is very genuine but at the same time, it is strangely manufactured. Out of nothingness. But anyways. I would be interested in seeing how you illustrate the story, set the tone, portray the wife, etc.

Karl_C
Veteran

#3 Post by Karl_C »

Hm, a 'rar' file?

I guess this means it's build for MS-Windows only?

SteinersCooking

#4 Post by SteinersCooking »

Unfortunately it is Windows-only. I'm not sure how to create an apple-friendly edition. If you're having difficulties with the RAR file, try downloading Winrar. It also unzips ZIP files.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#5 Post by mugenjohncel »

Ah... Dandelion Girl... how time flies... I can clearly remember the first time it's WIP drawings first appeared on the internet...

I believe I have the honor and distinction of making the first Fanart for it... drawn on the post in front of 4chan and yes... it's totally not worksafe... :mrgreen:

And now that the atmosphere has turned really awkward... I am going to do my usual disappearing magic trick...

"POOF" (Disappears)