Win the princess [GxB] - fantasy

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Sharane
Regular

Win the princess [GxB] - fantasy

#1 Post by Sharane »

Edit: the bug with Marcus´s path should be fixed + there is also updated walkthrough

Hi everyone,

this is my very fist game :)
I would like to thank ColaCat for her great support and patience because withouth her, this game wouldn´t be released. It´s 99 % finnished so in advance I´m sorry for some mistakes which can appear there.

Still, it was one of my goals (or dreams if you want to call it like this) to create a game myself. The sprites´style isn´t professional because despite of the offer from some of the artists who want to draw them for me, I wanted to make a game with my sprites. Sprites which aren´t perfect but mine own...
Plot, coding... I wanted to try it and I would be happy if you give it a try too :)
I created the game because I had fun during it and wanted to fulfill my wish. Now, I hope you enjoy it as well as I enjoyed makeing it :)

Have you ever dreamt about being a princess?
Well, as you will see, it isn't wonderful all the time. Or as amazing, astonishing and fabulous
Once upon a time in a small kingdom, a king decided her daughter should marry someone to make the kingdom stronger. What a surprise, she - as a young emancipated woman - refused to do it. And this is where it all begins... King, with his secret passion for gambling, announce a competition. Brave men will accomplish four tasks and the winner will marry the princess. But you, as the main award of the competition, have got another plan. In a disguise of man, you want to win and prove the king you are able to reign the kingdom by yourself.
Characters
From the game:
Image Image
Attachments
walkthrough.pdf
Walkthrough
(56.81 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
win_the_princess-1_2.zip
Win_the_princess_1_2
(48.6 MiB) Downloaded 156 times
Last edited by Sharane on Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

Arkhane
Regular

Re: Win the princess [GxB] - fantasy

#2 Post by Arkhane »

Hello
Congratulation for your first game.
I really find the story line nice and sweet.
However, I'm disapppointed in a few things.

On the first run, I got close to Marcus, refusing to spend time with Antonio and to dance with him.
I fell into Marcus' arms twice and out of blue I'm all lovey dovey with Antonio with the horse incident. Huh?!
So I tried again a second run with a few changes and same results ....
So I tried a third run trying to avoid the both of them and .... Tada! Again with Antonio ...
I assume Marcus road is a bit tougher, it's ok, however, I find it really strange to get close to one and telling the other : "don't worry, I'm not seeing another man aside from you ..."

Bug/enhancement :
Before you go to the bar to dance, Marcus became a white rectangle.
I'd appreciate a fast forward so as to try the other options :)

But all in all well done!
Good luck for your next project :3

ColaCat
Veteran

#3 Post by ColaCat »

For anyone having trouble trying to get Marcus:

BIG SPOILER
Maybe you should try getting close to the mystery man?

Sharane
Regular

#4 Post by Sharane »

Arkhane wrote:Hello
Congratulation for your first game.
I really find the story line nice and sweet.
However, I'm disapppointed in a few things.

On the first run, I got close to Marcus, refusing to spend time with Antonio and to dance with him.
I fell into Marcus' arms twice and out of blue I'm all lovey dovey with Antonio with the horse incident. Huh?!
So I tried again a second run with a few changes and same results ....
So I tried a third run trying to avoid the both of them and .... Tada! Again with Antonio ...
I assume Marcus road is a bit tougher, it's ok, however, I find it really strange to get close to one and telling the other : "don't worry, I'm not seeing another man aside from you ..."

Bug/enhancement :
Before you go to the bar to dance, Marcus became a white rectangle.
I'd appreciate a fast forward so as to try the other options :)

But all in all well done!
Good luck for your next project :3
Thank you, I´m happy you like it.
Actually, I thought the "princess´s" path will be the most difficult to get but I guess it´s just my subjective view :) There are also very important choises when MC decides where to go. I could give here the walkthrouhgs though if you would like to :)
Thanks for the bug announcement, I´m going to fix it right now! ;)
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

Sharane
Regular

#5 Post by Sharane »

I added walkthrough :)
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

Arkhane
Regular

#6 Post by Arkhane »

Sharane wrote:I added walkthrough :)
Then there's a problem, I followed the walkthrough and ended up the same way again ...
Am I clumsy? Or is there something I missed?

Sharane
Regular

#7 Post by Sharane »

Arkhane wrote:
Sharane wrote:I added walkthrough :)
Then there's a problem, I followed the walkthrough and ended up the same way again ...
Am I clumsy? Or is there something I missed?
I´m sorry, I tried it and you´re right. I went throught the game with the same result as you and it´s weird but I think the script is okay :? Every condition for reaching Marcus´s end was completed; branch is also set correctly.
It´s awkward, I hope I would be able to figure it out - or if there is someone who knows Visual Novelty, I would be glad if he/she could contact me...
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

Arkhane
Regular

#8 Post by Arkhane »

Sharane wrote: I´m sorry, I tried it and you´re right. I went throught the game with the same result as you and it´s weird but I think the script is okay :? Every condition for reaching Marcus´s end was completed; branch is also set correctly.
It´s awkward, I hope I would be able to figure it out - or if there is someone who knows Visual Novelty, I would be glad if he/she could contact me...

I hope you'll find it too :3
I want to try the other ends :)

Sharane
Regular

#9 Post by Sharane »

Arkhane wrote:
Sharane wrote: I´m sorry, I tried it and you´re right. I went throught the game with the same result as you and it´s weird but I think the script is okay :? Every condition for reaching Marcus´s end was completed; branch is also set correctly.

I hope you'll find it too :3
I want to try the other ends :)
Well, I hope that´s it :) I also updated walkthrough, there is something more for Marcus. I hope it will work now :) Thanks for your patience!
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

Arkhane
Regular

#10 Post by Arkhane »

Sharane wrote: Well, I hope that´s it :) I also updated walkthrough, there is something more for Marcus. I hope it will work now :) Thanks for your patience!

Hello!
It's ok this time !
Thank you Sharane ;)

lockpicklogic
Regular

#11 Post by lockpicklogic »

Congrats!
Very enjoyable game.
Antonio is a sweetheart, and along with Jolanda, they're the nicest characters in the game (Jolanda is awesome by the way).
Marcus however... not so much.
(This is a bit of a rant about how much he annoyed me, so feel free to skip it.) In my opinion he's a presumptuous, manipulative traitor. And here's why:
What with the whole revealing the MC's identity instead of letting her do the reveal and choose to be with him should she so wish. Also, asking her about her feelings under another guise when she clearly wasn't ready to tell him. And the whole kissing her after making her cry thing. And presuming that what he did is no worse than what she did. Honestly I'm not even mad about the whole hiding identities thing, and up until he snitched I was pretty fond of him. I was really hoping there would be a choice to tell him to get lost when the MC wakes up.

Anyway... moving on.
As suspected, my favourite path was the fight for your own hand path... The most independent and satisfying path of all.
When Jolanda told the king off I was so happy! She is good for him. :lol:
Thank you for making me smile :D
Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be.
-- Clementine Paddelford --

Sharane
Regular

#12 Post by Sharane »

Arkhane wrote:
Sharane wrote: Well, I hope that´s it :) I also updated walkthrough, there is something more for Marcus. I hope it will work now :) Thanks for your patience!

Hello!
It's ok this time !
Thank you Sharane ;)
I´m glad it works. thank you for pointing out the bug :)
lockpicklogic wrote:Congrats!
Very enjoyable game.
Antonio is a sweetheart, and along with Jolanda, they're the nicest characters in the game (Jolanda is awesome by the way).
Marcus however... not so much.
(This is a bit of a rant about how much he annoyed me, so feel free to skip it.) In my opinion he's a presumptuous, manipulative traitor. And here's why:
What with the whole revealing the MC's identity instead of letting her do the reveal and choose to be with him should she so wish. Also, asking her about her feelings under another guise when she clearly wasn't ready to tell him. And the whole kissing her after making her cry thing. And presuming that what he did is no worse than what she did. Honestly I'm not even mad about the whole hiding identities thing, and up until he snitched I was pretty fond of him. I was really hoping there would be a choice to tell him to get lost when the MC wakes up.

Anyway... moving on.
As suspected, my favourite path was the fight for your own hand path... The most independent and satisfying path of all.
When Jolanda told the king off I was so happy! She is good for him. :lol:
Thank you for making me smile :D
Thank you for playing and feedback:)
Jolanda is my favourite too, though she´s side character. But she´s really smart and has got the important role in a plot.
Well, Marcus...
His character is kind of difficult as he loves MC from the start. Everybody has got its´own faults and sometimes we think we do the best and don´t realize it should not be the best option. He didn´t want to hurt her or anything, that´s for sure. But he uses his own way to show it, like win the competition for her hand to show her that he´s interested in her for a long time (at the beginning the competition, she didn´t know him but he has already competed). Although I saw what you mean and I would be (as MC) mad too :D
But I´m happy that you like the game, thank you :)
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra