Guardian Angel [GXG Romance/Revenge] [16+]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
hedge99
Completed: Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel [GXG Romance/Revenge] [16+]

#1 Post by hedge99 »

Download Here

Download Notes:
The file included in the download link is a zip file. So download this, extract it into your file of choice.
In order to play the game just click the application file type (Should have pink angel wings).
If you need any help let me know.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Time: < 1 hour
Price: Free
Rating: 16+ (For Language and sexual references.)

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

About:

Guardian Angel stars Angel- a sassy, flirtatious pansexual gal who discovers her douchey boyfriend of 2 years- Mark- is cheating on her.
Angel decides to rescue the other woman, Victoria, from Mark’s clutches and the two embark on a sassy journey of revenge, love, self-discovery, and Enzyte.

Featuring a diverse cast of strong women, witty banter, and LGBTQ+ positive themes Guardian Angel is sure to entertain you for hours, dollface.

Rating:

The game contains some vulgar language (adult swears), some mature content including sexual, drug, alcohol and sensitive material. However, there is no 'adult' content. (No surprise nudies for you.)

Characters:

Angel

"The coolest person you'll ever meet. Gold medalist in the Steal Your Girl Olympics."

Victoria

"Her name isn't Angel. But she sure is one."
Mark
"Who even cares about this guy."

Marguerite

"Total babe, though she ain't my type. Stereotypical fiery red head- piss her off and your a** is grass."

Martha

"Mama raised a fool and she's pissed about it"

Azizah
"Just don't touch her f***ing controllers, kay?"

Questions:

-What did you like the game?
-What didn't you like?
-Who was your favourite character?
-What do you think can be improved upon?
-Would you be interested in seeing more games in the future?

Team:

The talented people behind the game.

Artist: Frimbie
Author: PurpleProsePrincess
Programmer/Concept/GUI Design: hedge99

More Notes:
I just wanted to thank everyone for making this game a reality. Everyone on the team was really hardworking and able to get things done quickly and with great quality.
Attachments
MakeAManCryPromo.png
GuardianAngel2.png
GuardianAngel.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 1.12.06 AM.png
Last edited by hedge99 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Taranee
Regular

Re: Guardian Angel [GXG Romance/Revenge] [16+]

#2 Post by Taranee »

A lot of lines were really funny (for example the one about business majors loving other people's business), but I think the VN would have been better if there was less swearing. I swear quite a lot myself, but I think it doesn't sound so good in stories. I liked the insults that didn't contain profanities (such as "eat more salad to improve your sperm count"), because they are more creative, funnier, and can be custom-made to really hurt the target :twisted: Some of the swear words could be replaced with more creative, unique insults.

I think the betrayal would feel worse and make the reader angrier if there was a short scene at the beginning where we saw the boyfriend pretending to be a nice person before it was revealed that he was cheating. Manipulative, smooth liars are more infuriating than regular IQ 80 douchebags. If he wasn't so dumb, it would also be more of a challenge to take revenge on him, which would increase conflict and make the story more exciting. Some of his lines were super cheesy and parody-ish, such as "I'M A MAN! I HAVE POWER!"

Having both Angel and Victoria date him just for the money makes them seem shallow and makes it difficult for me to identify with them. I kind of feel like they had it coming, because they knew all along that Mark is a bad person.

The art is really good. However, it was a little jarring when Angel and Victoria's clothes were described at the beginning of the revenge-planning date as if they were new clothes, even though the sprites never changed clothes. Also Azizah could benefit from having a pose without the controller (unless she's so protective of her controllers that she brings them everywhere with her so that nobody can steal them :D)

pinto minto
Regular
Projects: Skeletons of a Demon

Re: Guardian Angel [GXG Romance/Revenge] [16+]

#3 Post by pinto minto »

"Who even cares about this guy."

Lmao! Omg I'm already loving this game! So gonna download this!!