One Night Stand

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kinmoku
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: One Night Stand
Projects: VIDEOVERSE
Tumblr: gamesbykinmoku
itch: kinmoku

One Night Stand

#1 Post by Kinmoku »

You may remember my NaNoRenO 2016 submission One Night Stand...

Well, I went and developed it some more, as it proved very popular, plus I had so many more ideas about how I wanted it to be. I also bugged a lot of people on this forum trying to get certain parts of it to work! Thank you all for helping me and making this game possible!

Anyway, long story short, the full version is finally available to download!

Update: You can play it on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/549860, itch.io https://kinmoku.itch.io/one-night-stand or GameJolt http://gamejolt.com/games/one-night-stand/204556.

Some more details below:

One Night Stand thrusts you into a "morning after" scenario where you decide how things play out.

After a night of fun, passion, and one too many drinks, you awake to discover a complete stranger lying naked beside you in bed.

With only hazy memories of what happened last night, explore a stranger's bedroom in search of clues and try and piece together the truth. You may resort to some unusual methods to find your answers, but take care not to prod and pry too much though – a nosy guest quickly becomes an unwanted one!

With 12 different endings to find, can you keep up the act long enough to find out what actually happened or will you escape when the opportunity presents itself?

- An interactive story where your choices affect the outcome
- 12 unique endings that reveal new insights into what really happened
- Find items and seek out clues in point and click investigations
- Distinctive rotoscope animations and hand drawn artwork
- An original soundtrack
- Available on Windows, Mac and Linux

Price: $2.99

***Warning: Contains some strong language and suggestive themes***
Last edited by Kinmoku on Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

Re: One Night Stand

#2 Post by Taleweaver »

Kinmoku wrote:
Taleweaver wrote:I just spent most of the afternoon binging V2.0 of this little gem, and I can wholeheartedly recommend it. Its 12 endings have it all - betrayal and heartbreak, weirdness and humor, genuine feelings, friendship. Play this - it's more than worth the $2.99 price tag.
Hey Taleweaver, thank you so much for the lovely comment :) I'm glad you enjoyed it! Did you have a favourite ending in particular? I'm curious to know :3
Yeah, the "honest ending" - the fourth one, if I remember correctly, where you pretty much don't snoop around, try to get dressed ASAP, admit to not remembering a single thing and show that you care for Robin. You get exactly what you deserve for that, and it's absolutely brilliant.

I also have a soft spot for the two wacky "I'm a perv" endings (not spoiling them here); they bring just the right amount of silliness into an otherwise pretty down-to-earth story.

If there's one ending I thought was a bit much and too "classic dating VN", it was ending 12, where you follow one clear path through the game and arrive at the "logical end" of that path. It felt a little like wish fulfillment, like if you only talk to one out of eight girls during your usual bishoujo VNs, and that's enough to get her best ending.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Electromancer
Regular
Completed: A New and Beautiful World [Ludum Dare 30], Lull [Ludum Dare 31], Palinurus [NaNoRenO 2015], Seeds of Sylvia [Secret Santa 2015], Fare Thee Well [NaNoRenO 2016]
Projects: Republic of Stories
Organization: Freelance

#3 Post by Electromancer »

I adored this when it was just an entry to NaNo and I'm sure that this is even bigger and better. Can't wait to support the Steam release, too; it always puts a smile on my face whenever I see VNs making it onto Steam. Like we're being accepted further into the mainstream little by little.
Student activist. Son of immigrants. Published poet, author. Young but experienced freelance writer at $0.05/word, DM for portfolio. Buddhist. BLM.

Alysya

#4 Post by Alysya »

Will definitely get it on steam. :3

Kate
Regular
Projects: Blackout
Organization: Moonlight Otome

#5 Post by Kate »

I saw Markiplier play this and I've been dying to play it for myself. Definitely going to when I have a little extra time and money. I think the art, animation, and even plot are all stellar and simultaneously ethereal and gorgeous. This is more lovely than a dream escaping into reality.
Current Project:
Blackout [VN][Romance][GxB][Mystery][Suspense] http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=34118
"It is the duty of authors to make the fantastic seem ordinary and the ordinary seem fantastic." - K. Auer

Kinmoku
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Kinmoku »

Electromancer wrote:I adored this when it was just an entry to NaNo and I'm sure that this is even bigger and better. Can't wait to support the Steam release, too; it always puts a smile on my face whenever I see VNs making it onto Steam. Like we're being accepted further into the mainstream little by little.
Alysya wrote:Will definitely get it on steam. :3
Thank you both :) It should be coming to Steam real soon! I'll update this post when it's live.

Kinmoku
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Kinmoku »

Kate wrote:I saw Markiplier play this and I've been dying to play it for myself. Definitely going to when I have a little extra time and money. I think the art, animation, and even plot are all stellar and simultaneously ethereal and gorgeous. This is more lovely than a dream escaping into reality.
Thank you for your warm words, Kate :) I hope you get to check it out.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer

#8 Post by Taleweaver »

Kate wrote:Definitely going to when I have a little extra time and money.
You need 3 dollars and 20 minutes. Stop making excuses, skip Starbucks today and get it.
More about me in my blog

ThisIsNoName
Veteran

#9 Post by ThisIsNoName »

Taleweaver wrote:
Kate wrote:Definitely going to when I have a little extra time and money.
You need 3 dollars and 20 minutes. Stop making excuses, skip Starbucks today and get it.
You don't need to be an ass. Not everybody has expendable income.

Anyways, I have to say I really enjoyed this version. It's been a while since I played the original, so I can't remember all of the exact differences, but it seems like you added much more personality, especially for the bad ends. I liked all the little things you added (like asking for a super fancy coffee on the fly and her being weirded out).

One thing that I kind of miss from the original, IIRC, is that you can be straightforward right away, instead of bluffing until she asks about the bar. Also being able to tear straight out of the room like bat out of hell. :lol:

I still have to get the
true friends
and a couple of the bad endings.

Otherwise, the others have pretty much said every thing I can think of: the presentation is great, the mechanics are intuitive and consistent, and writing is sharp. All in all, great job!

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac

#10 Post by Taleweaver »

ThisIsNoName wrote:You don't need to be an ass. Not everybody has expendable income.
I apologize. I didn't mean to be an ass.
More about me in my blog

IanaBri
Regular

#11 Post by IanaBri »

Is there going to be a walkthrough made for the game? I've gotten every ending, but the 9th and 12th keep escaping me. Any hints?

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac

#12 Post by Taleweaver »

Ending 9: Easiest ending to get IMO. Just try to prove to your friend early on that you REALLY ended up in someone else's bed.

Ending 12: There are many references to Robin's main interest in her room. Find all of them and talk to her about them without being pushy.
More about me in my blog

Kinmoku
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Kinmoku »

IanaBri wrote:Is there going to be a walkthrough made for the game? I've gotten every ending, but the 9th and 12th keep escaping me. Any hints?
I hope you've found them :)

I may make a walkthrough or wiki when I get chance, but I'm really busy right now :( I'm secretly hoping a fan will make one hehe! There's already a few endings on Youtube you can follow.

Kinmoku
Miko-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Kinmoku »

Update: Steam release date 8th November :D

http://store.steampowered.com/app/549860