Demon Dinner Date [Friendship/Short/Fangame]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
UkiTheMaid
Completed: Demon Dinner Date
Organization: GhostGlow Productions

Demon Dinner Date [Friendship/Short/Fangame]

#1 Post by UkiTheMaid »

Not really a date. A WWE VN fangame thing.
tumblr_ny6o9gvD5Z1ulab6lo1_1280.png
In this short, silly game you are Daniel Bryan, and you are trying to have a somewhat peaceful dinner with your new tag team partner Kane, but he's... a little hard to deal with. Can you get all the way into dessert, or is he just going to storm off and leave you to eat alone???
tumblr_ny6o9gvD5Z1ulab6lo2_1280.png
CHECK OUT THESE COOL FEATURES:

=ART ASSETS MADE FROM SCRATCH!
=THREE ENDINGS (BAD, GOOD AND BEST)!
=WRESTLING SUPERSTARS!
=AWKWARD CONVERSATIONS!
=CUTENESS!
=COMPLETELY FREE TO PLAY!
Available for Windows and Mac down at itch.io!
Made with TyranoBuilder, with music from HMix and SensesCircuit. Made for the No-Brainer IF Jam, using the following challenges: Use 3 colors or less with all assets; Create ALL art assets from scratch; Include 3 or more endings.

Please, this is by no means a "serious" game. I made this mostly for the game jam + I wanted to understand better how VNs work!

indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Demon Dinner Date [Friendship/Short/Fangame]

#2 Post by indoneko »

Congratulation on releasing your game. I probably not gonna playing it since games made with Tyrano builder tend to cause heavy lags on my PC (not sure if my PC is too old or what), but I hope someone else here will try this game and tell his/her experience about this game.

Btw, using only 3 colors for all assets is quite an unique approach to the art aspect of this game, and if the dialogue text has the matching color then it would be a great combination. :3
My avatar is courtesy of Mellanthe

UkiTheMaid
Completed: Demon Dinner Date
Organization: GhostGlow Productions

Re: Demon Dinner Date [Friendship/Short/Fangame]

#3 Post by UkiTheMaid »

indoneko wrote:Congratulation on releasing your game. I probably not gonna playing it since games made with Tyrano builder tend to cause heavy lags on my PC (not sure if my PC is too old or what), but I hope someone else here will try this game and tell his/her experience about this game.

Btw, using only 3 colors for all assets is quite an unique approach to the art aspect of this game, and if the dialogue text has the matching color then it would be a great combination. :3
First of all, man, what a bummer that Tyrano games lag on your PC! I wish I could shed some light on why that happens to you, but I don't have any idea...

Second, duuuude, I didn't even think about making the text + text boxes + choice buttons the same color as the limited palette I picked =facepalm= I was so worried about keeping the art assets within the color limitations of the challenge that didn't even occur me! It's a great tip though! If I happen to pick a limited color jam again, I'll remember to match my UID and text to the colors I use! (I'm too lazy to go and change the colors on this game now, bluh!)