Once Upon a Hallow's Eve [GxB] [Romance]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Once Upon a Hallow's Eve [GxB] [Romance]

#1 Post by Ran08 »

STORY
​As one final vacation before their second-to-the-last college semester ends, 20-year-old graduating student Cara Lee and her friends decide to go to a rest house up in the mountains. However, along the way, a minor landslide knocks her unconscious, and when she wakes up, she finds herself alone in a dark and scary forest. Looking for shelter, she finds a strange and haunted-looking mansion looming up ahead. Is there really more to the mansion that it seems, or will Cara Lee uncover something sinister about the house and its inhabitants?

CHARACTERS
CARA LEE
- renameable
A 20-year-old graduating student in college. The protagonist of this story.

VIKTOR
Even though he’s only 23 years old, Viktor has made it his responsibility to take care of his two “baby” brothers. Viktor can be sort of a joker and a prankster at times. He can be pretty stern to his siblings, however. He may always have a warm smile on his face, but could there be something dark that he's hiding from the world?

VONN
Vonn is the second of the brothers at around 22 years of age. He tends to be a grump about everything, but he does have a sweet and funny side to him. He’s rarely a talkative person, but when he does talk, it can be pretty hard to shut him up. Could there be a deeper reason why he's driving our protagonist away from their home?

VERN
At 19 years old, Vern is the youngest of the brothers. He’s actually a friendly guy, but he’s too shy to show it at first. Like his oldest brother though, he likes jokes and funny punch lines. A lot. At first he didn’t want Cara Lee’s presence in his home, but he warms up to her, eventually. But as the saying goes, still waters do run deep.

CREDITS:
Script: Ran
Sprite & CG Art: erumin
Proofreader: Dreamgazer
Special Thanks: Natasha, sasquatchii
Android Port: Godline

EXTRA ART PREVIEWS

Example In-Game Screen:

CG Sketches:
NOTES:
And after two long years (and two missed deadlines)... tada! We now present to you, Once Upon a Hallow's Eve!

Okay, I gotta admit, we've been waiting since late last year to release this, hahaha, because we couldn't release it if it wasn't Halloween, right? :))) (We did work on it a bit in our spare time while waiting for Halloween haha.) But anyway, it's finally October 31st! Hope you guys are having a spooktastic Halloween right now! Oh, and if you've got some time, check out our game, hmm?

Don't forget to leave your comments/thoughts/anything down below!

Thanks again for checking this out! Keep playing VNs everyone! <3
Last edited by Ran08 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moon20
Regular

Re: Once Upon a Hallow's Eve [GxB] [Romance]

#2 Post by Moon20 »

Wow this game look amazing out.
I'm going to try the game later and write reviwe about it later

Amiralo
Regular
Completed: What's your name? : 2017 nano reno, Saccharine: a misleading sim date. Reverie: an odd simdate. Where adabans grow: an asian simdate. Monochrome and colors.
Projects: Enwiss the Beloved
Organization: Amiralo
Deviantart: Amiralo

#3 Post by Amiralo »

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE RELEASE
i have been waiting for a free english otome game for so long aaaaaah
EXPECT FANART AFTER I PLAY THIS
My deviant art (where you can look at the embarrassing sim dates I have made). http://amiralo.deviantart.com/

My current project
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54150

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Ran08 »

Thank you so much for the interest you guys! <3

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts after playing the game!

Eri
Completed: Hide and Seek ALONE
Projects: 'My Life In A Nutshell'
Deviantart: EllyE99

#5 Post by Eri »

I just played the game......*faints*

I lovee the characters and the story that evolved around it ...I'm so damn happy I don't know why..

Keep up the good work...

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by try10 »

Finally, I have some time to play a game and yours seems interesting. :D

I'm downloading it now.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Ran08 »

@Eri
Awww, that means A LOT to me. <3 Thank you so much! I'm really, really glad our game made you happy! That's one of the biggest reasons why I make games~

@try10
Haha, I feel you about not having enough time to play. :((( I too have less time these days than I used to! But anyway, thanks for the interest! I hope we don't disappoint you! <3

Amiralo
Regular
Completed: What's your name? : 2017 nano reno, Saccharine: a misleading sim date. Reverie: an odd simdate. Where adabans grow: an asian simdate. Monochrome and colors.
Projects: Enwiss the Beloved
Organization: Amiralo
Deviantart: Amiralo

#8 Post by Amiralo »

I need a walkthrough *cries* I keep getting the neutral end
My deviant art (where you can look at the embarrassing sim dates I have made). http://amiralo.deviantart.com/

My current project
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54150

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Ran08 »

@Amiralo

Oh! I don't have a walkthrough for this yet, sorry, huhu. :(

But... hm, a little tip...
If you're getting the neutral ends a lot, try focusing your answers on just being nice to one specific guy. :D Good luck! Only 3/9 endings are neutral, so I hope you get the good ones next time!

VanessaNellyn

#10 Post by VanessaNellyn »

Congratulations on the release!! :D

I just finished unlocking all the happy routes of the game and I was surprised to see myself leaning on to Vern more! :lol: He's just too cute! Originally shy, but becomes playful once you get to know him~ Vonn's route was cute too! I thought he was a grumpy a$$ but he proved me wrong in the end. Viktor's route was the hardest to unlock since you have to merge Vern and Vonn's route together without it becoming a neutral end. :P

But really...
When the MC comes back from her comma, do the siblings follow suit, or will only the one she picks wakes up? And didn't Viktor said that they don't hear the voices of their loved ones anymore? How could they wake up from their comma? This question really bothered me for quite some time...
Overall, you've done a great job with your art and storyline~ I'll be looking forward to your future works!
By the way, why are there no CGs? TT_TT I was looking forward to it since the art was gorgeous...

Alysya

#11 Post by Alysya »

Really liked it! Will look forward to your future projects. :)

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Ran08 »

@VanessaNellyn

Thank you so much! And wow, you've gotten all the good ends?! Awesome! And yeah... Vik is kinda harder to get than his brothers... I kept thinking of him as a . Hahahaha.
It really depends! There are 9 endings here, and they're all a little bit different from each other. The bad ends are the most interesting ones, imho. HAHAHA.

Tbh, I'd like to leave it to your own interpretation, hahaha, but here's mine. :)) By 'not hearing', I just kinda... um, wanted to show that their loved ones aren't visiting them anymore, because it's been so long....... super tragic, yes. :((((((( In the good ends, they woke up from their coma because they followed Lee. Like, before, they were scared and everything, but when she was gone, they were like, "screw it, whatever". :))) But again, it's up to you to interpret what's happening. Hahaha.
Again, thank you so much!! <3 The art is done by Eru. Hahaha, I'll tell her about the CGs thing. :))))

@Alysya

Yay, thank you! :) Soon... hahaha.

Dreamgazer
Veteran
Completed: Death Room; Don't Take This Risk; War: 13th Day; War Specials
Projects: Beauty and the War (X Playing Pieces)
Organization: Poison Apple Tales
Tumblr: poisonappletales
Deviantart: PoisonAppleTales

#13 Post by Dreamgazer »

Hello, Ran!

Ooh, I'm so happy to see that the game's finally out. It was awesome being able to contribute to this project. I can't wait to play it and see how the script looks in-game. You've done an amazing job, as did your artists! (That main menu screen is gorgeous.)

If I recall correctly, Viktor was my favorite. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the visual novel itself.

Keep being awesome, Ran. ;)

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Ran08 »

@Dreamgazer

Helloooo! Oh my gosh, long time no chat/talk/anything! How have you been? :)

Thank you so much for all the nice words! <3 Hahaha, you've always been too kind!

Oh, and you know the script wouldn't be what it is without you, hehe. Thanks again! :))))

Dreamgazer
Veteran
Completed: Death Room; Don't Take This Risk; War: 13th Day; War Specials
Projects: Beauty and the War (X Playing Pieces)
Organization: Poison Apple Tales
Tumblr: poisonappletales
Deviantart: PoisonAppleTales

#15 Post by Dreamgazer »

Ran08 wrote:Helloooo! Oh my gosh, long time no chat/talk/anything! How have you been? :)

Thank you so much for all the nice words! <3 Hahaha, you've always been too kind!

Oh, and you know the script wouldn't be what it is without you, hehe. Thanks again! :))))
Exhausted, but the good kind of exhausted. I've finally finished my demo for Beauty and the War (which I used to call War, as you might recall ;)). I was actually about to ask whether you would like to review it - if you have the time, that is? I'm starved for feedback. (Plus, you might recall I told you that I had a background character with the same name as Viktor, so you'll get to be reminded of your darling. And now, I'm tempted to draw a crossover pic of the two Viktor's, going out for ice cream or something. What would you want to see me draw, Ran?)

Aww, I hardly did anything, but you're very welcome. It was nice being a part of the team! You know I'm definitely keeping an eye out for your future projects. You're sure to make more awesome, heart-stopping stories.