Daemon. First release for an audio novel; please comment

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
zkage

Daemon. First release for an audio novel; please comment

#1 Post by zkage »

Hi folks,

We have released a small audio visual novel. Its our first release. The most interesting part for us was the process of making it. It was a very iterative approach where a person wrote a small story and then worked through our platform over at Metal Seinen. do check out our facebook page; we work with creating a platform for culture and mentorship; promoting people to make content.

When we do find committed people; we take them up on a project and do some funding as well. The story of daemon was prose written by a member, it was then tweaked by a couple of writers after being drawn out by an artist.

I completed the release by working with a developer and an audio narrator. Please let us know what you all think.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... PKREADYING

We are also working on a second one:
https://www.facebook.com/MetalSeinen/vi ... 63/?type=1

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pervert&Yandere, Stalker&Yandere
Projects: Roses Of The Thorn Prince

Re: Daemon. First release for an audio novel; please comment

#2 Post by Mammon »

I played the game. It's a bit short, less than 30min. or so and the game felt like a long lore opening for a larger game, but it was good and I really liked the art style. And it being completely narrated is also a plus.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

Onigirice

#3 Post by Onigirice »

I like it, it has an interesting story, beautiful art, and I really like the voice of the narrator :3. I hope u'll continue this story. actually, this also make me practice my listening skill :D

Sayumi101
Veteran
Completed: Closing Spaces, Pastel Rain, Straight Up: Sister-zoned!, Run 'N Gun
Projects: Hunta-H ~Romancing Idols~
Deviantart: Sayumi101
itch: sayumi101

#4 Post by Sayumi101 »

So I downloaded it today and it was very impressive. Short, nicely written and great pieces of art that goes with it. The narration was also a plus and I really liked her narration style.
It felt more like an intro though, what with that open ending and all. So is there a second installment yet to come out?
Anyways, congratulations on the release and job well done ^^
ImageImageImage

zkage

#5 Post by zkage »

Thank you all for the kind replies. Yes it was supposed to be a lead in for a larger project originally. We wanted to try to see if people find it interesting or not. For now its a one shot . It was also to see if we could do this type of vn

We are working on another project which is wider in scope including mini games, I hope to get that completed in 2017 :)

I would appreciate ideas for marketing though. Besides lemma,are there other forums or fb groups i could post to ?

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#6 Post by Zelan »

zkage wrote:Thank you all for the kind replies. Yes it was supposed to be a lead in for a larger project originally. We wanted to try to see if people find it interesting or not. For now its a one shot . It was also to see if we could do this type of vn

We are working on another project which is wider in scope including mini games, I hope to get that completed in 2017 :)

I would appreciate ideas for marketing though. Besides lemma,are there other forums or fb groups i could post to ?
Fuwanovel is a site that I've heard about, although I haven't used it myself. Twitter and Tumblr also have fairly sizable VN communities.

zkage

#7 Post by zkage »

Zelan wrote:
zkage wrote:Thank you all for the kind replies. Yes it was supposed to be a lead in for a larger project originally. We wanted to try to see if people find it interesting or not. For now its a one shot . It was also to see if we could do this type of vn

Fuwanovel is a site that I've heard about, although I haven't used it myself. Twitter and Tumblr also have fairly sizable VN communities.
Thank you! Also Were you able to have a look at the vn?

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#8 Post by Zelan »

zkage wrote:
Zelan wrote:

Thank you! Also Were you able to have a look at the vn?
I haven't, sorry. :c I don't have an awful lot of free time right now.